You Can't Change Your Mind

Av aperfectdreamer

After Lexi's parents die, she's a loner. Her brother isn't there for her like he should be, she has no friend... Mer

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Epilogue

Chapter 10

25.5K 663 66
Av aperfectdreamer

Lexi's POV

"I'm sorry for the sudden meeting." I did my best to take a few calming breaths. I could feel the pinkness in my cheeks, but there wasn't much I could to to stop that. I was far to flustered. I looked out to face the questioning eyes of the pack. "But I thought you would all like to know, Luna Sally had declined her Luna duties to take over the pack due to your Alpha's death in the fight against the hunters. I'm so sorry for her loss, and for your loss. He was an amazing man. Instead she handed over the pack to Chase, her son. But due to his condition right now he cannot take on those responsibilities. Once he is up and running again, he will step in." I took a deep breath. "So I have." The crowd started to mummer questions.

"But you're not our Luna! You're not mated to Chase?" One guy in the back yelled out. I turned to look at Tucker, what am I supposed to say? He's right. I'm not their Luna, I have no answer to explain it to him. This was just the best option in the current situation. It's not like I'm going to make any drastic changes, they just need a stand in.

"Yeah! You're not even Chases mate! Or from this pack! Who gave you permission!" The same guy called. He didn't sound angry, just questioning but it hurt my feelings just the same. I should've never said yes. I could feel my breathing pick up pace. I don't know what to say? I don't know how to explain myself.

Tucker stepped up in front of me. "Lexi is meant to be an Alpha female. Do not try to tell me you can't feel her power, even I do as the Beta. Chases mate has passed, and Lexi's mate has rejected her. There is no stopping them from fully mating if they want to." He paused looking around the crowd. "So with that said, You WILL respect her as your Luna. Is that understood?" He commanded with his Beta power.

Yes's were said, some bowed. "Okay. So Lexi is going to make a few more announcement. So please respect her. She is scared to at the current situation and does not deserve any negativity."

He motioned for me to step up next to him. "I'm sorry for the few of you that don't want me as Luna. As soon as Chase is up and running again I'll tell him to strip me of the title. I'm really sorry." I took a deep breath to hold in the prickles of tears gathered in my eyes. My mind completely blanked on anything else I was supposed to say. I just wanted out of here. "Meeting dismissed." Most quickly got up and left, but a few hung around.

John headed over to me. "Hey my favorite girl, how are you?"

"Not great, but I guess I'm doing fine." I shrugged not sure how to answer. I'm not doing fine at all, but I don't want to burden John with my mess.

"It'll all be alright Lex." He reaches out and hugged me. "He'll come back to us soon." He whispered in my ear. I just nodded my head, and pulled back from him.

"Thanks John."

"No problem Luna." He bowed making a show of it, "Please do not hesitate to call me if you need anything, okay?" I nodded again, smiling as he walked away waving.

I watch from a distance as Tucker spoke to a few pack members. They wrapped up their conversation and he headed my way, shooting me a sympathetic look. Tucker leaned over and pulled me into a hug. "They are just worried and sad. Some don't even know you yet." He soothed. But his words didn't really mean that much. I hadn't even known him a full week, he doesn't really know anything about me.

"You don't know me either. None of you do. What was I thinking? I can't run this pack. They don't want me to. I'm just going to screw it all up." I leaned into his embrace, feeling the brotherly comfort. I had always wanted this.

"Chase would want you too." That was all it took. I had to do it. I had to do it for Chase. I nodded my head, sucking up my tears. I pulled away from Tucker with a renewed sense of confidence.

"Okay."

"Okay what?" Tucker asked lost at my sudden change in attitude. He let go of me though as I stepped away from him.

" I'm Luna. I have to do it. If that's what Chase would want, I won't let him down." I shrugged.

"Good!" He squeezed my shoulders, catching up to me, before letting go. "Come on let's go back to see how Chase is." He followed me down the path back to the sidewalk in silence. I'm sure we were both just praying that Chase would somehow magically be awake when we returned.

"Wait, Luna?" A tall brunette made her way towards me, she looked about mid thirties, and her eyes were kind. "I think you'll do great." She then smiled before turning the other way and left without another word. Her compliment warmed my heart, and gave me a slight confidence boost.

Tucker was grinning down at me, as he rested his hand on my back and began to lead me towards Chase again.

I sat in the dark living room alone that night. The digital clock shined 1:15 in the corner. I laid on the floor next to Chase. "They don't want me to Chase. I understand why, though. I really can't blame them. I bet I'll be a terrible Luna." I took a couple deep breaths. "I'm just not strong enough. No one will listen to me. You should've seen the pack meeting. It was like they were upset I'm trying to help by being Luna. But I'll try for you. I'm trying. I really am." I swiped a few tears away.

"You have to wake up Chase. I can't loose you too... Why couldn't you be my mate?" I whispered into the quiet house. I turned to my side ready to fall asleep when I heard a sharp intake of breath. I bolted up and leaned over Chase. His hand shifted, then stilled. I touched his forehead, brushing away a few stray hairs "Chase?" I caressed his face, "Baby? Are you awake?"

Nothing. He was still out... At least he moved! That's good right? That means he'll get up soon, right? It has to be better than nothing.

"Please don't wait to long to get up. I miss you...." I kissed his forehead before falling asleep on the makeshift bed I had made on the floor next to Chase. I refused to leave his side.

It wasn't a deep slumber. For some reason I couldn't relax enough. Tossing and turning all night long. I had that awful gut feeling that something was gonna happen....

"LUNA! LUNA!!!!!" Tucker yelled running down the stairs. I opened my eyes to see it was still pretty dark outside. "The hunters are back! Command all of the women and children to come to the home immediately! I'll handle the battle!" I watched helplessly as he sprinted out the door. I sprung right up, running to turn on the house lights.

THE HUNTERS ARE BACK! RETURN TO THE PACK HOUSE RIGHT NOW! I commanded through mind link.

Within minutes people appeared. "Calm down. It'll be okay." I called out to everyone catching their attention. "Tucker is in charge of the fight, and everyone will be safe."

Some people nodded, some just ignored me too caught up in their own worry, but it doesn't matter. At least I'm trying to help.

"They will all come around doll, they are still grieving their Alpha." Tucker's mother came and sat next to me on the sofa.

"Thanks." I smiled. "I'm sorry I never caught your name to other day."

"I'm Catherine."

"That was my mothers name." I smiled sadly at the memory. I wish my mother were still around, maybe life would be different.

"She must have been a beautiful woman then, if she had my name." She winked and poked me with her elbow. I giggled, and smiled. I heard a light ruffle and turned to see Chases hand moving again. I stood up and walked over to, covering his hand with mine.

"He's been doing this a lot. I think he's going to wake up soon." I told Catherine, not taking my eyes off of Chase.

I felt her move closer to look down at him before quietly speaking, "I sure hope so. I can tell how much you miss him."

"I do." A half smiled slipped into my face.

"I'm sorry some of them have been giving you grieve. I think you'll be a wonderful Luna." She smiled at me. "I know Tucker thinks you're great. He talks about you like you're his little sister, it's so cute."

I just laughed. "We'll Tucker's a great Beta." I ran my hands through Chases hair. Four days sure has been an eternity...

I just want him to wake up. I need him. I need his hugs. I need his smile. I need to know he's not hurting in this weird unconscious state!

"Don't worry dear. He will wake up." Catherine added watching my worried face.

" I hope so." I whispered. "I really hope so." I laid my head on Chase's chest, saying a silent prayer for the men fighting the hunters off. I know Tucker is strong enough to lead them, but I pray they're strong enough to win.

-----------
Alex's POV

"Get your ass off this couch, put the vodka away. And lead your damn pack Jackson!" Matt yelled at me, shoving my chest.

"Stand down." I commanded. Stupid Beta thinking he could tell me what to do. My wolf didn't budge at his disrespect, which was surprising.

"Dude what the hell has been running through your head? You've been so mopey! What even happened?" He dropped his hands from my chest and lowered his tone a little. However he still managed to keep a clipped tone in their, annoying me to no end.

"Your sister left! That's what happened!" I yelled back to him. I chugged the last of the vodka, not even feeling the burn of it after days of drinking it.

"Who cares? She was worthless anyways! I thought we agreed we didn't care?" He asked clueless to the enormous insult he just threw at my mate. I stepped closer to him and got in his face, puffing my chest.

"She's my mate." I growled.

"You've got to be kidding me?." He started lagging like crazy, taking a few steps back from me.

"What?" I commanded.

"You and my loser sister! Oh Man, that's a cruel joke from the Gods!" He called out.

"Hey!" I yelled snapping him out of it. "Don't talk about her like that!"

"Dude you never even knew her?" He laughed some more, "She was just my annoying ass, bitch of a sister. Always whining about something."

"It doesn't matter anymore. She's gone." I fell back into the soft couch.

"Dude if you really want her, just go find her." He said like it was the easiest thing in the world. But I rejected her. I can't go begging around for her like some little bitch. She would eventually come back to me.

"I don't even know what pack she ran away to. Plus, that will make me look weak." I slumped even further.

"So drowning yourself in alcohol twenty-four-seven will help?" Matt challenged.

"Just get out!"

"I'm only trying to help man..." I watched Matt walk away.

Find her... Please! my wolf howled.

On that note I grabbed another bottle of alcohol, and drank until the morning light.

Will my heart ever stop aching? Will I ever stop drinking? Can I get her back? How did I let myself loose her?

It was awful letting her go... Her telling me she wasn't worth it killed me! She was so worth it. Why didn't I tell her that? I just need her back. My heart was breaking more and more everyday. I didn't know I could be in this much pain.

——

58th on the hot list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

441K 10.1K 50
~~First book in Alpha Series~~ ~~~Completed~~~ This is my first book, so be warned it isn't the best. Natalie has gone through one rejection and is n...
93K 3.1K 20
Sierra is about to turn 18 and she and her wolf have decided that if Angus the son of the Alpha is still her mate they will reject him. He ignored t...
Alpha Female Av Chelsea

Tonårsromaner

222K 7.1K 35
We all know the cliche story about the girl whose mate is the alpha and she gets rejected then kidnapped and all of a sudden they are in love and hav...
458K 16.5K 19
When your mate rejects you, five years is all you have to find your second chance or you die. When Lilly is rejected on her 17th birthday she makes t...