Caught Up

By Xiangxin__

Seventeen year old, Cavonte Carter has a dream of becoming the next big thing. The goal of becoming a rapper... More

Cavonte| One
Two |Santana
Cavonte| Three
Cavonte| Five
Six |Santana
Cavonte| Seven
Eight | Santana
Cavonte| Nine
Ten |Santana
Cavonte| Eleven
Twelve| Santana
Cavonte| Thirteen
Fourteen| Santana
Cavonte |Fifteen
Sixteen | Santana
Cavonte | Seventeen
Seventeen | Santana
Cavonte | Nineteen
Twenty | Santana
*ATTENTION*
Cavonte | Twenty-One
Epilogue | Santana
*ATTENTION!!*
Extras: 1
Extras: 2
Extras: 3
Caught up Remake/ Caught Up 2 Coming Soon

Four |Santana

2.1K 69 12
By Xiangxin__

It's Saturday and Jasmine says a lot of people are heading to the pool this afternoon. I don't know if I want to go. Nyema and Julisa are hoes and they're not my crowd of people. Jay told me not to hang with them anymore. He didn't have to tell me twice. I wanted to fit in but not with them. Jasmine is cool but if she's going to keep hanging with them I need to find some new friends.

Dad had to work early this morning, and Odalis left already. I stood in front of the stove flipping pancakes while checking on the bacon too.

Jay and Cavonte sat at the table with plates in front of them. Talking while waiting for me to finish cooking.

"Ciara gave me her number." I heard Jay say.

"Word? You just gonna hit?" Cavonte asked.

"What else 'imma do with her?"

Cavonte laughed at his friend and I shook my head. Flipping the bacon over I said, "Take her on dates. I heard a lot of people are going to some pool today. You should take her."

Jay snorted. He hated the idea of taking girls out or spending money on them. Says it makes him look soft. "If I do that she gonna think I wanna cuff. She cute but she ain't that cute to be my girlfriend."

"Stop fronting Jay. Ciara is real pretty."

"Alyssa is real pretty too." He challenged. Alyssa, Alyssa, Alyssa that's all I hear around here. What's so special about her? She's a cute dark skin girl but what's so special about her? I don't think she's Cavonte's type.

Cavonte gritted his teeth, "Shut up. You know we just friends."

"Friends? Didn't seem like that when you was kissing her."

He kissed her. I bet he barely even knows her and he kissed her. Or she kissed him. I just felt a stab to the heart. I love him and it kills he doesn't see me that way. He sees me as his sister.

I was so worried about their conversation I made a mistake placing my right hand on the burner when I put the pan of bacon on the counter.

I screamed and quickly moved my hand, "Ow!" Tears threatened to pour from my eyes. Jay rushed to my aid quickly grabbing my hand, "Shit. Santana how the fuck you burn yourself?" His question rhetorical.

My palm is blistered and it's bleeding too. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I cried.

"It hurts Jay."

Jay turned on the faucet and quickly placed my hand under cold water. I winced.

Cavonte brought over paper towel, "I'll clean it. You should get a bandage or something."

Jay left my side to go get a first aid kit.

My crying slowly ceased as Cavonte cleaned my hand gently. I kept sniffling. "Ouch." I winced.

"Santana you're clumsy as fuck. I thought you would have grown out of that by now."

"Shut up." I muttered. Forcing back my smile.

"Ah. Shit lemme turn off the stove before the pancake burns too." He left my side.

When he came back he continued to clean my wound now applying alcohol. It stung.

"I remember the time you were like six I think. You loved playing with them white ass Barbie dolls. You loved the cars too. Remember the day you were playing on the sidewalk with the Barbie doll car and you started racing it and you tripped falling face first into the sidewalk and you were still sliding." He laughed as he recalled that day.

I groaned. That was the most embarrassing thing ever. I even had to go to the hospital for my nose because the skin was peeled and my chin was cut too.

"No I don't remember." I blushed. He laughed harder making me smile.

"Yes you do!"

Jay walked back into the kitchen and I knew the moment is ruined.

"Ight. Looks like you got lucky I found bandages." Jay said.

Cavonte went to go sit back down at the table and I wished we could've talked by ourselves for just a little longer.

I held my hand out for Jay as he wrapped the bandage around my palm. "Next time watch what you doing lil sis."

The three of us sat at the table eating pancakes and drinking orange juice.  

Jay chewed on a piece of bacon like he was never gonna eat again. Cavonte basically devoured both of his pancakes in less than three minutes. Only one piece of bacon left on his plate. They're pigs.

"So. I was talking to Jasmine right and she was like she don't fuck with me no more."

"I don't blame her. You and Chad are assholes to her friends. You know Jasmine down for those hoes."

Jay just laughed it off. Does he have a thing for her? "Whatever. Her ass will be hitting up my phone tonight. Matter of fact she'll be talking to me in a lil minute. We going to Hawaii Hut."

"Nah man. Alyssa might be there and you know Nyema them gonna be there."

"Alyssa love yo ass. Come on bruh."

I just rolled my eyes and ate a piece of my pancake.

Cavonte eventually agreed. After I finished eating I went upstairs to get ready too.

I pulled a pair of ripped acid wash shorts over my sunset orange bikini bottoms. Tying my sunset orange and white striped bikini top I rubbed my skin with lotion. I smelled nice and I looked good.

Jay's still in the bathroom getting ready by the time I come out. Walking downstairs Cavonte is laying down on the couch shirtless and texting on his phone. He didn't have a six pack but the way his abdomen is set up it won't be long before he does. His chest is covered in tattoos and he's just sexy. I could stare at him all day. Ooh, his v-line is just sexy too. I don't mean to sound thirsty but lawd.

Not wanting to seem like a stalker I walked into the living room. "How long Jay been in the bathroom?"

Cavonte's eyes are still on his phone. Whoever he's texting better be that important. "Ion even know. He be in the bathroom foreva."

"Oh." I simply said. My breath hitched a little unnoticed when Cavonte looked up from his phone at me but I remained calm. His eyes trailed from my legs on up and he licked over his lips before staring back at his phone like he wasn't just checking me out.

I wanted him to call me beautiful or at least compliment my outfit. Knowing Cavonte that wasn't happening. "I'm going to go wash the dishes."

"Ight."

I headed towards the kitchen and when I briefly turned around I caught him checking out my ass. Boys.

Hawaii Hut is beautiful and it's a very dope hang out spot. Passing up going here yesterday was stupid. If only I knew it looked like this.

It's packed with teenagers here too. Cavonte didn't wander off like last time and that made me happy because he was with me. Even though he wasn't actually with me.

"Santana text Jasmine and ask her where she at." Jay told me. The three of us stood by the stairs that led up to an arcade.

Taking out my IPhone I texted Jasmine. Jay impatiently waited. He always wants to start shit. Looking over at my brother I see that his dark hair is styled in a curly fade. The tips dyed blonde too. He stood shirtless wearing some Nautica shorts. My brother looks fresh but don't let those good looks fool you. "Chill Jay."

"What she say?"

"She ain't reply yet. Damn."

Jay leaned against the wall crossing his arms like a child. Pouty baby.

Cavonte stood looking bored. Maybe if Jay found Jasmine we can hang out?

Jasmine: Outside by the pool with Julisa and my friend Dominique.

"She's by the pool with her friends. Um Julisa is with her." I thought to warn my brother.

"Well I guess her feelings gonna be hurt because I don't give a fuck about her ebola having ass."

Cavonte chuckled and we both followed my brother outside by the pool where everyone is having fun. Nicki Minaj Anaconda is blasting through the speakers. A lot of ghetto girls twerking. I just shook my head. Trashy.

I spotted Jasmine and her friends sitting on recliners drinking juice out of cocktail glasses. They all looked cute except her friend Dominque whose ugly. She's on the plus side too and I know my brother and Cavonte gonna say something.

"Dafuq? Bruh, how does Precious and Ebola mix together? This just a nasty ass sandwich and Jasmine right in the middle of it." Jay said seriously.

"Jay stop." I pleaded even though a slight laugh escaped my lips.

I stepped in front of my brother and headed over. Julisa looked embarrassed and ashamed at the sight of us.

Jasmine just acted like everything was cool. "Hey Santana."

"Hey."

Jasmine lifted her shades to look at my brother. "I don't fuck with you remember?"

Jay gritted his teeth, "Fuck you mean? We not even beefing though."

"You exposed Julisa to the whole school and you expect us to be cool? Just like you down for your niggas I'm down for my girls. Get to stepping."

"It ain't my fault your girl a hoe. Can't throw a dirty cat and expect an Asian to eat it."

"Shut the fuck up. I don't even know why I wasted my time on yo ass."

Now that's enough. My brother may be a conceded asshole sometimes but I still love him and no girl is going to sit here and disrespect him.

"Bitch fuck you mean? He wasted his time on your bum ass. How you rocking Brazilian weave and all your real hair nappy as hell and your tracks showing? Don't fucking disrespect my brother because you ain't even worth it with that fake ass Micheal Kors bag on your lap. Get your money up, your weave, your clothes, and your dirty ass nails."

Jay and Cavonte laughed. I don't play about my brother I don't care who you are.

Jasmine got out of her chair like she was going to do something. "Bitch bye. I'll mop the floor with yo little ass you best to get up out my face."

I wasn't scared of her. A crowd now forming around us to watch the show.

"In your face? You need to pay attention in math because I'm about two feet away from you. And before you even try to argue with somebody can you at least have the decency to brush your teeth first?"

Everyone is laughing at her now and she looks like she's about to swing. Jay pulls me back and steps in front of me to block Jasmine's hit. "Bruh I fucking wish you would lay a hand on my sister." He said seriously. Joking put aside.

"I'd fuck her up! I'd fuck you up too! Y'all trying me." She yelled. Clapping her hands together like she was gonna do.something. Precious got up and was talking shit too. "If any one of y'all touch Jasmine I swear Imma beat yo ass too."

"Sit yo ugly ass down. Ain't none of us on no jumping shit real talk. If they gonna beef let em. What that gotta do with you?" Cavonte said. Gritting his teeth and shaking his head. I know he hates when people try to jump somebody.

"Shut yo ass up." She yelled. Looking like she was gonna cry because he embarrassed her.

"I'm not about to argue with no girl."

"Domican trash ass hoe. You want that? Square up right now if you bout that life." Jasmine tried to run up on me but my brother blocked her. I didn't even move. Was I suppose to jump? Be scared?

"Chill the fuck out girl before my sister really drag your ass." Jay tried to calm her down. She was trying to push him off her as he held her back.

The next thing I know I'm getting a sneak attack on me. Julisa had ran up on me and started swinging. I got hit twice on my face before I realized what happened but I was not about to let this girl get the best of me.

"Ain't talking shit now bitch!" She yelled as she grabbed a fistful of my hair.

I just started hitting her anywhere I could because she would not let my hair go. "Bitch let my hair go!" I screamed at her as she kept pulling. I managed to knock her ass on the ground but I went down too because she wouldn't let me go. I just started punching her in her face left from right.

The crowd getting even closer on us. Talking loud and oohing. Some people yelling beat her ass and some telling Julisa to get up. This girl would not let my hair go and I'm pretty sure she was about to make me have some patches. So I bit her arm. She screamed before letting me go quick. I was sitting on top of her and we both was swinging.

All I heard was, "Bruh move!" before I was being yanked off Julisa and pulled up by somebody. Some other guy pulled Julisa back. Her boobs are showing and everything but I only had a nip slip. I quickly adjusted my top as both of us was cursing at each other.

"Who runs up on somebody? Where they do shit like that at? You a punk ass bitch. A dirty ass bitch. Loose hoe!" I yelled.

Julisa was saying something slick before Jasmine managed to get to me and we started fighting. The only good lick she got in was a punch to my mouth an my lip started bleeding. I could barely fight back because I was being pulled back by somebody and come to find out it was Cavonte. He managed to push Jasmine and she knocked into somebody.

"Chill the fuck out!" He yelled. My breathing was ragged and I felt a pair of hands grip my hair. My neck almost snapped when Julisa came at me again.

Someone managed to pull her back, "Uh uh! Y'all trying to jump her! That ain't going down." This girl said before she started fighting with Julisa.

My head is pounding like crazy. My lip is bleeding and I can barely breath either as tears threatened my eyes. Looking around it's chaos. About three other fights going on at the same time. People trying to record and shit. All I heard was police sirens and that's when everybody started running.

I don't know how Cavonte managed to get us both back to the car but he did.

I sat in the backseat with him crying my eyes out. I didn't even care that my breast was practically hanging out my top.

"They jumped me. Where they do that at Cavonte? All I was doing was sticking up for Jay ass!"

My hair is a mess. I'm a mess. I don't even know where my brother at. I sniffled as I fixed my top. This is just not my day. My hand hurts like hell and the bandage is ripped.

"Once you started fighting I couldn't even get to you in time then Jay started fighting this guy. Then Jasmine ran up on you and some girl started fighting Julisa. Then some other guys was fighting. I couldn't even get to Jay to see what the fuck happened but I knew he would have wanted for you to be ight."

I just kept crying. "They jumped me. See I don't have friends here to have my back. You and Jay can't be fighting no girls."

Cavonte picked up a shirt off the car floor and started wiping my face. Taking care of me for the second time today. "Don't be crying over hoes. You got hands when it came to Julisa. Don't let them girls see you sweat dafuq? Sitting here crying while they probably laughing at yo ass together. You held your own. You don't need nobody to have your back girl. You strong ight?"

Even though what Cavonte said is true it didn't make me feel better. I'll still have to face them Monday. Pulling myself together I stopped crying. I just want to know where my brother at.

It was taking awhile for Jay to come and he the one that had the keys. Once the police left Cavonte walked me home. It wasn't that far but it was still a long walk.

He told me he's going to look for Jay and I went to clean myself up in the shower. I hope Jay's alright.

It's two hours passed until Jay bursts through the door looking pissed. Cavonte's right behind him. Both looking like they was fighting.

"What happened?" I wanted to ask but Jay had walked up to me. Making sure I was alright.

"They gonna jump you? Nah. Had my home girls go handle that." He plopped down on the couch. Looking beyond pissed.

"What happened to you?"

"This wack ass nigga that's cool with Jasmine starts talking shit. I said you want that and we started fighting. He wasn't ready. Then my homie Chad was there an they crew was trying him so he started fighting too. Police sirens was all I heard. Me and Chad bucked with the crowd. After ditching the police we went on the block where one of them niggas stay at. They had they boys or whatever. I had my home girls beat Jasmine and Julisa ass. Me, Chad, and Cavonte was fighting with them niggas. It was crazy though. Police came. We got a ride with Chad he dropped us back off at the Hut to get my car. They thought they was gonna get away with jumping you? Nah."

Sunday Afternoon

Dad was vexed last night when he heard about what happened. He said that we shouldn't be out there fighting in the first place. The girl was disrespecting my brother. Like I said I don't care who you are don't disrespect my family.

I don't understand how Julisa and Jasmine were both trying to talk to my brother but they're best friends? Instead of fighting me Jasmine should've been fighting Julisa.

Makes no sense to me. I have a cut on my lip, one cut on my cheek and a scrape on my knee. Dad said my wounds should heal soon.

Cavonte's at work along with Jay. They both work at footlocker. Just different schedules.

Besides them I have absolutely no friends here. Especially now. I didn't care at this point though. I rather be by myself than be surrounded by fake people.

I wore grey sweats and a blue tee. My hair in a messy bun. I walked around the house since I was alone. Well, Odalis is home. She's in the kitchen making cookies. They smell good too. Chocolate chip and sugar. My favorites.

Sitting at the kitchen table I acknowledged her, "Hey."

"How are you feeling?" She asked, putting away the eggs.

"Okay I guess. It wasn't that bad but my hand still hurts from the burn."

She took off her mittens and took a seat at the table,"It'll heal soon trust me."

"Why all the baking?"

Odalis shrugged it off as if were nothing, "Your father told me how hard it's been on you to fit in so I invited over a close friend of mine. She's bringing over her niece too."

Even though I wasn't the friendliest person I still appreciated what Odalis is doing for me. Like the books that say someone helps you to your class the first day and you meet like your best friend throughout the year that's a lie. Teenagers aren't that friendly in this generation. It's difficult for me because it's the second semester. Everyone has their friends and cliques already.

A few minutes pass before someone rings the doorbell. Odalis goes to the door and I go upstairs to change.

I just threw on a black tank top and some jeans. Even though my hairs messy I still looked beautiful and it's not like I'm going somewhere.

Downstairs I spot Odalis laughing with this lady. The lady is brown and her dark hair is cut short. She's on the plus side but she's beautiful.

"Marilyn this is Santana. She's Lacario's daughter."

I slightly waved, "Hi."

Marilyn smiled brightly at me, "Lacario sure has some beautiful kids, chile. I would've introduced her to Jameson if he wasn't still dating that girl."

Odalis eyebrows furrowed, "Alicia right?"

Marilyn nodded her head and frowned. Obviously not liking her son's girlfriend. "He lets her walk all over him and I just don't like the girl. She has an attitude too sometimes. The only reason he probably with her is because the girl is beautiful."

They continued to gossip on their way into the kitchen. That's when this girl walked in and I noticed that she's the girl that pulled Julisa off me.

"Hey. I'm Nicky." She said nicely. She's lighter than me with freckles on her face and she has golden blonde weave in. She even has dark blue eyes but I can tell their contacts. She's really pretty. Like really gorgeous even I was jealous of her looks.

"Santana. Weren't you at Hawaii Hut yesterday?"

"Yeah. I work there. You straight girl?"

"Yeah, they jumped me but it's whatever. One of the girls disrespected my brother. I don't play that."

Nicky laughed, "You look so innocent but the words that were coming out your mouth was anything but."

I laughed too. I'm not that girl though. I'm the sweetest girl you'll ever meet but the minute I feel disrespected it's over with. "Zero to one hundred real quick."

Nicky walked into my living room and sat on the couch. I followed behind her. "Foreal. You went zero to one hundred quick. You the Mvp."

We just continued to laugh and talk about the fight. "You go to Lanxton Heights right?" I asked.

"Yeah. Sophomore how about you?"

"Sophomore."

"That's wassup. Are you new I've never seen you around?"

"Yeah. Cavonte introduced me to Nyema and Julisa. I met Jasmine at a party. They seemed okay at first but they just weren't the type of people I would normally surround myself with. You know?"

Nicky nodded her head. Seeming to understand. "See you need the ins and out about Lanxton Heights. Who to hang with and the don'ts. Nyema and her friends are thots. Put it like that. Then there's Alyssa and her clique. They're alright but they're kind of stuck up. I met them through my cousins girlfriend but they're just associates. Then there's Morgan and her clique of friends. They're ghetto as hell but they're cool people. Some are good friends. Then you got the basketball, football players hanging together along with the boys on the track team. They're dope but they go through panties like money. I mean there's a lot of cliques at Lanxton Heights but those are the most popular. They basically know everyone. Oh then there's Jay, Chad, Cavonte, and Omar. They have their small circle but they know almost everyone and a lot of people want in on their clique. Especially Alyssa and her friends. It's just drama for the most part."

If only I knew this all on the first day. I don't want to be wrapped around in no clique. I just want to fit in.

"What about you? Like who do you hang out with?"

"I mean I hang with my close friends Keisha, Chantell and my gay friend Anthony. Keisha she's real close with Morgan and she hangs out with her friends. I mean they're cool people but they're associates too. I pretty much keep under the radar. I'm not in drama."

I just nodded my head. I'm like that too. I like to keep under the radar.

Nicki sat up and took out her phone, "Anthony wants me to meet him at the hut. Do you want to come? I'm pretty sure Jasmine is not there. Plus it's not like you got caught fighting so you're allowed back."

I don't even know. "I'm more embarrassed than anything."

Nicky rolled her neck like a ghetto girl making me laugh at her silliness. Smacking her lips together she flipped her hair behind her shoulders,"Girl, people fight all the time. You got them hands with Julisa. Boo chill out."

Laughing along with her we both chilled. I decided to go and she said her cousin was coming to pick us up. I didn't do anything to my hair. I'll just wash it tonight.

I told Odalis I'll be back later and she gave me a fifty to spend. I was thankful too because I didn't have nothing on me but a five.

This black, 2009 Cadillac Escalade pulled up in my driveway. Once the windows rolled down I recognized the boy. He was the guy from the party that was staring at me.

Nicky hopped in the front seat and I got in the back. The car smelt good and it's actually clean.

Jameson placed his arm around her seat as he looked behind him to make sure he can back out. "Wassup?" He said. Assuming he talking to both of us I just say hi.

"Yeah. Jameson meet Santana. Santana meet Jameson."

Once he started driving he said, "Jay's sister right?"

"Yeah." I shyly said. I didn't know him and it felt awkward because this guy was just staring at me a few nights ago.

"Where you from?" He slightly turned up the radio. No one I liked was playing.

"I'm from here but I left to go live with my mom for a couple years in North Carolina."

"Oh that's wassup. A lot of my family stays down there. I know my grandma down there too. It's nice."

"Doesn't Uncle Regan stay there?" Nicky asked.

Jameson nodded his head as he got into the left lane. I checked him out. He's a fine red bone no doubt. He has white teeth and this boys eyebrows are on fleek they're so perfect. There not even drawn on but it's thick. He has a jaw strap, his hair cut. He reminds me of Drake a little. His dress code is on point too.

He made things even more awkward the way he caught me looking at him and he's checking me out through the mirror. Doesn't this guy got a girlfriend?

Jameson just laughed. Like no one said anything funny.

"Where you going anyway?" She asked him.

"I was gonna chill with some of my boys at Quincy house but I'll just chill with y'all."

Oh God. He's fine but he's a creep kind of. Who just stares at people?

She gave him a look making him laugh. She shook her head disapprovingly, "Mhm."

Hawaii Hut isn't as packed as yesterday but it's still a decent amount of people. Nicky went off to find her friend Anthony. Leaving me with her creepy cousin.

We are standing by the host reception because we wanted a table. Jameson leaned against the wall as he texted someone on his phone.

I just patiently waited for Nicky to come back.

Glancing over at the creep he's looking up at me with only his eyes. No longer focused on his phone.

"What the hell is your problem? I have my brother on speed dial for a reason."

Jameson burst out laughing again like shit was funny.

"I'm just messing with you. You cute though."

"So. You purposely make people feel uncomfortable? Good to know. You're officially a creep."

Jameson continued to laugh. A smile tugging his lips, "Nah. Usually me looking at a girl the first time always works but with you it doesn't. So I just started messing with yo ass."

Wow. Pretty boys. They have this mind set where they think girls fall for them just by a look. In some cases yeah but that shit don't work on me.

"Don't you have a girlfriend?"

"Yeah. Your point is? I'm not hitting on you or trying to make a move. It's just a little game me and my boys do."

"Ha-ha. So funny right?" I said sarcastically.

"Yeah." He continued to smile even more. I just shook my head but I ended up laughing too.

Jameson focused on his phone again, "Besides, I love my girlfriend and you're off limits."

"Off limits?"

"Yeah. Jay made it clear to everyone. Meaning the guys that his sister is off limits."

No wonder any guys haven't been trying to spit game as usual. Typical Jay. Standing here with Jameson and waiting for Nicky seems like the beginning of new friendships and more drama on the horizon.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.5K 845 29
25 year old Lauren can: Make a song hit over 250,000 streams. Keep a man hooked in the bedroom. 25 year old Lauren cannot (is yet to): Make a hit re...
7.9K 285 34
Highest rank: #208 high school sweethearts Meet Avery White. Her parents are loaded, and she has the perfect life. She doesn't know it but she's beyo...
445K 4.2K 6
Butterfly gets her heartbroken but finds romance again, with Isaiah who lives on the wrong side of the tracks. --- Twenty-three years old, Butterfly...
23.5K 284 11
18 year old Mariana May, all she was looking for was a summer job. What she didn't not expect was for her best friend brother to catch her in a most...