the DEVIL [JJK+KTH]

By Jayniel_ezra

[Book 1 + Book 2 included] Taehyung certainly had a lot to do as a Detective but summoning the Devil with a s... More

Disclaimer
|Sneak Peak|
|Character Description|
|1| That's a Cursed Sandwich
|2| A Deal with the Devil
|3| Delusional Theatrical Playboy
|4| Would never Lie to You
|6| The Demon's on loose
|7| Don't like you
|8| The Devil's come to play
|9| Moustache, Baldy and Dicaprio
|10| Black Baccara Roses
|11| Let's Bang-kinda Date
|12| Birthday Bashed Head
|13| Homophobia, a vibe Killer
|14| Chase-down, Get-away kiss
|15| Smurf Powder's got quality
|16| Unanswered Questions
|17| Quite a bit of a Charmer
|18| Speak the name of the Devil
|19| He bites to the Bone
|20| Classy Pervert
|21| An Angel's Questionnaire
|22| A Master, a Servant
|23| Detective Kim's a little too chatty
|24| That would make the two of us
|25| Did he just run away?
|26| Temptation, as sweet as his skin.
|27| Hangover ain't all that pretty
|28| The Devil's Treasure
|29| Let's have a bit of a sexy time
|30| He, with the Cerulean eyes
|31| Jealousy, as calm as Juno's blood
|32| Take No Refunds!
|33| Little bit of a pickle
|34| Partners no more
|35| Master of spontaneous dumb choices
|36| Sweet Dreams, Detective Kim
|37| Selfish Desires aids none
|38| A Reunion of unlikely sorts
IMPORTANT NEWS YALL OMG
|39| A mistake over a mistake
|40| Only Human
|41| Pray for the Sinner
|42| A Pied Piper's tune
|43| Prayers for an Answer
|44| Thirteen
|45| In your arms, there I lay Dead
|46| Red blossoms in a Swallow's nest
|47| A Golden chalice to lips of Ember
|48| The Art of chasing Tainted dreams
|49| Miss me in Secret
|50| The Return of the King
|51| The Raven of the Night
|52| The Citadel under Sea
|53| The Devil is a nosy man
|54| No Touch
|55| Caviar be damned
|56| A hunger to Satiate
|57| A Test to Prevail
|58| The prodigal son returns
|59| An ugly neighbour from Hell
|60| God rest ye merry Gentlemen
|61| The Enemy under Floorboards
|62| More Beautiful than Dawn itself
|63| The Beginning of the End
|64| Heart lay naked, for your eyes to see
|65| The one that is more human
|66| He who herds the Sheep to Hell
|67| The Chrysalis of the Dead
|68| Blood in His teeth, He smiles so sweet
|69| Only the Fool loves
|70| A prisoner of His will and a slave to one's own desire

|5| Ain't no fingers for ya

9.1K 648 981
By Jayniel_ezra

Chapter 5: Ain't no fingers for ya

___________________________________________

Taehyung tapped his fingers on the counter, a little impatient but he waited calmly as the lady prepared his drink.

Taehyung necessarily didn't like coffee- the taste was absolutely revolting. But as years passed and he got pressed down into his college years and his job- coffee certainly did help.

It tasted horrible- but it kept him awake.

Taehyung didn't catch onto much sleep the previous night- for reasons unknown, he just laid awake on his bed, staring at his ceiling as hours stretched.

His thoughts were nil, drifting a little back and forth but he had his senses strong enough to bar himself from drifting much into the past.

He didnt want to think about that.

But when he'd close his eyes, he'd feel an odd feeling pass over him. Not anything of the past... not a memory. But these particular thoughts from the previous night, it felt like a nightmare- like a deadly snake curling up his legs... or he'd hear the whispers of his name- a soft enticing voice... or he'd simply see two blazing red orbs, for eyes that would stare at him.

Taehyung really couldnt sleep after that.

He wasn't a believer and certainly called the existence of ghosts, vampires, witches, demons whatnot a Church Sham- but he could still get shaken up, from something that didnt seem so humane- so it was just a natural response, to be afraid of what you cant understand.

So there he was, in a mildly crumpled shirt and a jacket pulled over with hair a little bit of mess and eye bags under his eyes, with an everlasting scowl plastered across his face as he waited for his drink in Dunkin' Donuts.

After what seemed like an eternity, the lady returned with his drink.

"Have a good day sir" she said sweetly, her smile wide but her eyes wavered, a little scared.

It was understandable.

Kim Taehyung had this kind of effect on almost everyone.

Taehyung hummed, mumbling a 'you too' and stepped out of the place, with his drink in his hands.

He got into his car and slammed the door shut. He put his drink in the cup holder, while he strapped on his seatbelt.

He switched the gear, stepping onto the gas pedal as he steered out of the parking lot.

Taehyung kept his eyes on the road, focused. He yawned a few times when, stopped at the red traffic light- but his focus remained steady on the road, as he drove to the station.

He got out of the car, with his coffee in his hands and locked the car.

However, his gaze immediately spotted a flashy Bentley Convertible parked in one of the sides.

Taehyung frowned.

He was already feeling grumpier than usual on the day- and now he had more reasons to be pissed of.

It had been a whole month, since the last time he had seen the Armani Crackhead and while at the time, Taehyung felt relieved thinking the other had forgotten about the whole 'partner' thing and lost the two-second interest.

Taehyung was glad- really. He was mentally celebrating the whole month from not hearing about getting a partner.

But now looking at the car- Taehyung could already picture the shameless smirk and a distinct 'hello Detective Kim'

Great.

Taehyung's mood just went down a hundred times with the same image as that of the very popular meme of 'stonks'

Terrific.

Taehyung stomped his way into the precinct, the rest of the officers avoiding him not bothering to greet him, knowing he wouldn't.

He went straight to Hoseok's desk, the male falling a little startled by Taehyung's sudden appearance-

"Uh.. Lieutenant Kim has asked you-"

"I know." Taehyung barked as he placed his drink on the table, moving past the Male's desk, recieving all the confirmation he needed.

Taehyung exhaled outside the lieutenant's office, steadying his heart and anger for the most, as he held onto the handle and pushed in, walking into the room.

Taehyung ignored the raventte who was grinning at him and shifted his attention towards the Lieutenant.

"You called me, Lieutenant?" Taehyung asked, his voice firm.

"Ah... yes Detective Kim, as you see.. it's been brought to my notice that this young man right here- helped you with LeeHi's case. Mr. Jeon, here has a very good record with his certificates and he would like to continue accompany you as your investigation consultant... as your partner" Lieutentant Mingyu spoke, his tone just as firm but a lot less hostile like how Taehyung sounded.

Taehyung glanced down at the raventte, his legs crossed and fingers folded on his lap. His slick raven hair parted on his forehead- with his signature smirk spalyed on his lips.

"Hello.. Detective Kim" Jungkook smiled, his eyes mischievous

Taehyung pursed his lips, a little pissed and turned back to the Lieutenant.

"Lieutenant, I understand the need of pairing me with a partner- but I kindly, reject this offer." Taehyung replied, his held high- completely barring his vision from viewing the Armani Crackhead.

"Reject? May I know why?" The Lieutenant asked, leaning into his chair and Taehyung could already feel the Armani's grin burn off on his skin.

"I am not willing to take the responsibility of someone who isnt fit for this job in the first place. Mr Jeon, as you see has no records, qualification or experience of that of a police officer. He'd simply be a nuisance on missions- and I cant afford to make mistakes, with having to rescue an inexperienced police consultant half the time on my missions. I hope you understand sir." Taehyung answered, subtly gulping and desperately hoping for the Lieutenant to take the bait.

"Mm I went through that myself- before I proposed the idea to you, Detective Kim. Mr Jeon, here has graduated with a psychology major and as of for protection- Mr Jeon has excelled in Taekwondo- and is deemed to be by far one of best fews in the city. I'm sure, Mr. Jeon can handle his own safety- besides, he's be a consultant- he wouldn't have to accompany you on active missions or places, where there could be potential threat involving guns." Lieutenant Mingyu replied, looking up at Taehyung.

"But Lieutenant-"

"I think a partner would make your job easier, Detective Kim. You've rejected officers in your entire career to stand as a partner- maybe a consultant would fill in better instead." Lieutenant Mingyu paused "you two may leave, to get accustomed of each other now. And Detective Kim?"

Taehyung gritted inwardly, but played a neutral expression on his face.

"You have an unexplainable record with your work- but I'm hoping you wouldnt disappointment me again with this. We work as a team here."

Taehyung felt the words slash at his pride.

"Yes Lieutenant" Taehyung replied, gritting through his teeth as he walked out of the door- stomping his way through to his desk, visibly mad.

"You-ft" Taehyung hissed, whipping around only to collide head-first into the raventte's chest.

"Careful Detective..." Jungkook mumbled, a smile on his lips, his hands hovering around Taehyung's waist- but not holding him.

The raventte lightly dusted off Taehyung's shoulder "precious cargo. Dont get hurt" he grinned addressing the Detective.

Smiling, Jungkook dipped and leaned on the desk. His expression smug and victorious.

"Seriously- why?" Taehyung huffed "weren't you joking about all of this afterall? Why show up now? After a month?!"

"I don't lie Detective Kim... and I didnt lie when I said I'd be your partner in a month." He grinned.

Taehyung scoffed, feeling delirious of the whole situation.

"What are your qualifications- psychology? Pftt Right. Show me the proof" Taehyung crossed his arms.

Jungkook shrugged and handed his file to the male, which Taehyung hastily grabbed and began flipping through the pages.

"Jeon Jungkook... studied under Seoul University and majored Psycology in Califor- I dont believe this!" Taehyung scoffed, aggressively flipping the page.

"So you're telling me... your majored Psychology in a university in California to become a club owner?!" Taehyubg blinked, gripping the file.

"Hey- dont judge. I like the life of party and I earn pretty decent from it. Infact a lot from what I'd have earned if I had gone ahead with my major." Jungkook smiled smugly.

"Psycology?!" Taehyung asked, totally unaccepting the idea.

Let's be honest here and put some thought into Taehyung's trauma.

For somebody who majored in psychology, the guy was literally out there calling himself the devil, the dark prince, beetlebab and what not- Taehyung didnt know what to think anymore.

"Yes..." Jungkook shrugged "and I even majored in the art of love making... You would know it as Kamasutra. It was fun really- had all these Indian chicks with all their melanin popping out.. and sexy eyes and drapey-clothes... ah such a wonderful memory."

Taehyung blinked.

He blinked again.

The Armani Crackhead.... was indeed a Crackhead.

"Ay c'mon- I was just kidding." Jungkook chuckled and sighed dreamily "except for the Indian chicks part. They're gorgeous."

"Do you... ever take anything seriously?" Taehyung paused, not knowing what else to say with the only two braincells that were left alive after that bit of the conversation.

"Yeah... this whole partner-thing. I'm taking this very seriously." Jungkook replied, blinking innocently.

Taehyung crossed his arms. "Uh-huh.. I can see that" Taehyung retorted, sarcastically.

But it went right over the raventte's head.

Jungkook grinned widely "oh wow that's very good then! See? We're bonding already. We're gonna be the best partners!"

"You're gonna be the Watson to my Holmes and I'm gonna be the Carter to your Lee!" Jungkook cheered, his eyes crinkling in the ends.

Taehyung sighed inwardly, already tired.

This man was gonna kill him one day.

That was for sure.

"Hey Tae!"

Taehyung's attention diverted, yo his friend who approached him with his coffee cup in his hands.

"You left this" Hoseok mumbled, glancing at the raventte- who was staring him- a little too much with hostility, for Hoseok's comfort.

"Uh hi?" Hoseok mumbled, a little awkward as he glanced at Taehyung and then back at Jungkook.

Taehyung groaned inwardly at the raventte's antics.

"Yeah sure, but why do you call Detective Kim as Tae?" Jungkook asked, as he tilt his head to the side.

"Uhh... because that's what I call him?" Hoseok replied, his tome filled with confusion as he glanced at Taehyung, secretly begging to know what's up- but the latter simply rolled his eyes and shook his head.

Jungkook hummed "do you like him?"

Hoseok's eyes bulged, while Taehyung simply turned to face Jungkook with a what-the-fuck-dude look.

"I.. I am straight?" Hoseok replied, baffled by the raventte.

A wide smile made it's way up on Jungkook's lips, bringing a whole different aura from that one before.

"Oh well then!" He paused, smiling a little too cheery for either of the Detective's comfort

"I was just making sure I wasn't going to hang around someone's boyfriend- y'know, since I'd have to work with him and I can be very touchy sometimes- so I dont want to create any misunderstandings" Jungkook continued folding his fingers.

"Uh... sure man" Hoseok mumbled, completely weirded out.

"If you're gonna work with me.... you cannot.. I repeat cannot be touchy with me. I will break your arm. I'm not even lying" Taehyung grit through his teeth, smiling fakely to make it seem eeiry- but honestly, nothing really terrified Jungkook.

"Okay Tae" Jungkook shrugged, swiping his tongue on his bottom lip. A cocky smile on his lips.

Taehyung scoffed, leaning closer. His tone cold and voice turning into a hush "its Detective Kim to you- remember... you are not my partner. You are just a police consultant that will tag along with me. And to say Tae- you gotta earn that privilege, until then- its Detective Kim for you just as everyone else here."

Jungkook put his arms up like in a surrender with lips pursed to suppress his smile.

"Alrighty, noted down Detective Kim"

Taehyung sighed.

The man's gonna suck his soul out one day and Taehyung was sure of it.

Mindlessly, Taehyung took a sip of his coffee and grimaced.

"Ugh.. I gotta throw this away" he mumbled to himself and walked away, leaving Jungkook and Hoseok.

Just as Taehyung disappeared, Jungkook's smiled dropped- his eyes intense as he looked at the male who was oblivious of Jungkook's gaze.

Jungkook tilt his head, his tongue pushing the inside of his cheek- giving him a subtle annoyed cocky expression.

"So... Detective Jung. Am I right?" Jungkook paused, as he stood up, standing straight infront of the male.

"Uh.. yeah. Looking forward to work with you" Hoseok said, with a tight lipped smile.

Jungkook hummed and bent a little bit, shoving his hands into his pockets, a small menacing smirk on his lips, his eyes flickering between the little cross pendant above Hoseok's collarbone and back to the Male's eyes.

"Aren't you a Christian?"

"I.. uh yeah... uh why are you-" Hoseok paused, a lot more uncomfortable, as he mentally begged for Taehyung to return.

Jungkook grinned, his pearly white teeth on display.

"Cause I'm the Devil. I'll be looking forward to work with you."

Hoseok sucked in a breath, his heart hammering and goosebumps trailing all over his body.

Jungkook smiled.

"But call me Jungkook. I have a gut feeling that I'll like you Christian boy." The Devil grinned, teetering back to his feet and walked past Hoseok, in the direction Taehyung had left.

Hoseok let out a breath, he didnt know he had been holding.

The eeiry feeling that made his skin crawl not disappearing- his bones felt a little stiff, as if something had wrapped around him for a split second back there.

He shook his head.

What the heck was that?

And what's wrong with Jungkook?

Hoseok shivered, rubbing his arms, snapping out of the trance.

If Taehyung's working with a psycho- then it's his cause. Every man's for himself.

Bestfriends or not- Hoseok would rather pray for his best friend's safety... but he was no way going near a guy who casually called himself the Devil.

Definitely not his Christian ass.

Oh ho ho no.

*********

"Seriously.. what do y'all do the whole day here? I thought you go solve cases and some Sherlock Holmes typa shit... but I've been counting fatty's snores and it's the 178th snore already" Jungkook groaned, and Taehyung shot a sharp glare.

"What?! I'm being serious" Jungkook shrugged.

Taehyung calmed himself and sighed, desperately wanting to give a piece of his mind to the male as he leaned in, but just then DongGyu, or in other words as Jungkook put, 'fatty' snored loudly again.

"179" Jungkook grinned, watching Taehyung battle inwardly to fight his smile off.

"C'mon smile- it's funny." Jungkook added.

Taehyung let out another sigh and opened his eyes.

"Look Jungkook- it's not funny to-"

"180"

Taehyung pursed his lips shut and looked away, his lips giving in to curve upwards.

"Aw there it is... I think you'll look even more nicer with a full smile" Jungkook complimented, his tone flirtatious.

But when is not the Devil flirtatious afterall?

Taehyung snorted, subtly rolling his eyes.

Shaking his head, he stood up and grabbed his jacket.

"Are we going out?" Jungkook asked, excited.

"You can tag along if you want" Taehyung mumbled, walking away.

"Fuck yeah finally!" Jungkook cheered, his eyes glimmering as he straightened his suit jacket and skipped behind Taehyung's trail.

They didn't share much on the way, as they got to the parking lot but Jungkook continued humming to himself rather happily.

Taehyung made a beeline to his car and the raventte followed, letting his Bentley stay back for once.

Taehyung strapped in his seatbelt and glanced at the male beside him who was grinning at him.

"What?" Taehyung asked, irked.

"Its the first time I'm in the front seat. Last time I was cuffed and in the back. That's a pretty good progress, don't you think?" Jungkook replied.

Taehyung just shook his head and started his car.

From what Taehyung had observed the whole day- Jungkook definitely appeared manly, his talks, his comments- not to forget how easily he wrapped up two female officers under his trance and Taehyung had to personally ask those annoying women to leave.

Yeah sure the smirks and the whole badboy-suit-getup definitely made the male appear manly.

But Taehyung just couldnt quite pinpoint on the 'manliness' when the raventte scrunched up his nose and grinned with an odd boy-ish charm.

Dont mistake Taehyung- he wasn't some asshole with his dick deep into toxic masculinity- oh no, not that. Instead he was genuinely 'kinda' concerned with the behaviour change, because Jeon Jungkook... definitely appeared a whole lotta different with him.

Sure, Taehyung himself heard his fair share of flirtatious comments from the male- but for some reason, Jungkook respected his space almost immediately.

Taehyung snorted, at his thoughts.

For a playboy, Jungkook sure was decent enough to not explain his dick size- like how he probably would have... Taehyung doesn't know why- but Jungkook certainly felt like one of those bratty boys who would boast about their dick sizes if the topic would rise.

"Where are we going?" Jungkook asked, eyes curious on the road.

"To eat" Taehyubg replied, monotonously.

"Okay good. I was just making sure y'know- I mean.. what if I get kidnapped or something?" Jungkook chuckled to himself, making Taehyung snort at the silliness.

Taehyung pulled over outside his recent favorite diner in the city. The two stepped out of the vehicle and Jungkook, looked up at the board, a smile on his lips.

"Ah... did you purposefully bring me down here, because this is where we met for the first time?" Jungkook cackled. "This now feels like a date Detective Kim"

Taehyung's lips pressed into a thin line. "sit in the car then" He mumbled, walking into the diner.

"Hey- hey no, I was just kidding!" Jungkook yelped, chuckling as he followed the male into the diner.

The two took their seats on an empty table- opposite to each other.

"Good evening, what will you like to order?" A server approached their table.

Taehyung kept his gaze low, recognizing the tone, belonging to the same server- the boy with the light brown hair and small eyes who always took his order.

There wasn't any particular reason for him to not to- it's just that Taehyung felt a little uncomfortable seeing the boy being all flustered over him.

He was just tolerating all the while, because he best believed its better to pretend that he doesnt notice than to confront and face the embarrassment.

And Taehyung certainly wasnt looking for a significant other. He was better off on his own. And he really liked the food the diner served, and trying to get himself talking with the server boy, would probably jeopardize his go-to-junkfood-destination... which he certainly didn't want.

"Fried chicken with dip and French fries " Taehyung mumbled, not giving a shit if he seemed rude.

"Same" Jungkook added after him.

The server left and Taehyung finally looked up.

"So.. am I supposed to talk about it or not?" Jungkook said, all out of the blue as he crossed his finger on the table.

"Talk about what?" Taehyung asked, resting his chin on his palm, supported by his elbow propped against the table.

"Of how the server was looking at you?" Jungkook grinned.

"Kindly don't" Taehyung huffed, rolling his eyes.

Jungkook hummed as he leaned back on the seat, an expression of satisfaction on his face.

The two didnt speak much, Taehyung kept looking out the window, successfully ignoring the burning stare on the side of his face- while Jungkook shamelessly ogled him, a little more  fascinated than required.

Their food soon came and the two silently ate their portions, completely focused this time. Finishing with their quick snack, the two paid their part of the Bill and stepped out of the Diner.

The sun dipped low as darkness surrounded them and the night air turned a little bit more chilly.

Jungkook didnt start a yap around senselessly, so for once, Taehyung felt a little thankful about it.

"Uh.. I have to get some groceries. Is it fine if I pull over near the convenience store? It'll be quick." Taehyung spoke, breaking the silence with his eyes on the road.

"Sure.. I don't mind" Jungkook replied, yawning a little.

Taehyung simply hummed and switched the lanes and drove into the first opening, parking the vehicle near the Convenience store.

"You gonna stay in or out?" Taehyung asked, as he unbuckled his seatbelt.

Jungkook chuckled a little, unbuckling his own seatbelt.

"If you'd ask I'd like to stay in, but for this case, imma hang out with you"

Taehyung blinked, watching the raventte stepped out as the carefully crafted sexual innuendo passed right over his head.

Shaking his head, Taehyung stepped out of the vehicle and walked towards the store, alongside the raventte.

The doors slid open and the two stepped in. Jungkook excitedly, grabbed a cart and pulled it, following Taehyung's trail into the aisles.

"You know... this is actually my first time in three years I've stepped into a Convenience Store." Jungkook said, his tone cheery with excitement.

Taehyung whipped his head to look at the male with disbelief

But then he remembered.

The Black card.

The Bentley Convertible.

The Rolexes.

The ownership of an international club.

The damn Armani suits.

Right.

Taehyung for a split second had forgotten- that Jeon Jungkook was basically Marvel 'Tony Stark's' living, walking version of the 'genius, playboy, billionaire, philanthropist.'

Except for the part with 'genius' probably.

Or did Jungkook build secret iron suits down in his basement too?

Taehyung glanced at the raventte who was inspecting a canned bean soup as if it was some miracle.

Scratching the idea off from his mind, Taehyung moved forward making a mental note to not disrespect Tony Stark from comparing him with a Jeon Jungkook.

"You eat these? Honey Nut Cheerios?" Jungkook cackled loudly shaking the box violently.

"The name sounds like cheap porno. You know- like cum munchies or some shit" Jungkook added, laughing all over the place.

Taehyung snorted, a smile dancing on his lips.

"Keep that back Jungkook!" Taehyung hissed, fearing people would actually eavesdrop into their conversation

Chuckling, Jungkook kept the box back on the rows and pushed the trolley ahead.

It went on, Jungkook making awful jokes about the first thing he sees and Taehyung suppressing his laughter for the most- as he shopped around the store.

Taehyung simply shook his head, and picked up a can of milk, placing it in his cart when he noticed Jungkook's- smile drop.

It was eeiry- how he watched it happen.

Taehyung wouldnt lie, but he felt a shiver run down his spine as the raventte stepped towards him. Taehyung remained frozen, even when the raventte's hand gently wrapped around his own, pulling him back- and the male couldnt even yank it away... because he was caught up on shock watching this side of the raventte.

Taehyung was about to yank his hand off, when he gained his common sense, but just then Jungkook hushed, his tone lower than the airy cheery tone.

"Watch." Jungkook whispered, as they peered from the corner into a asile- only to catch a person in a hoodie shove snacks and other stuff into their backpack.

Taehyung stiffened, watching the robbery take place.

"Get the cart" Jungkook whispered above his head and before, Taehyung could protest Jungkook stepped ahead towards the person.

Taehyung did as he told, to grab his cart and rushed to the aisle, only to find Jungkook walking ahead, with his arm slung over the person's shoulder.

Taehyung followed closely from behind as the two ahead of him, approached the cashier.

Taehyung caught the person's face- a boy in his teens, probably a high schooler with bruises on his face.

"Hello there" Jungkook smiled at the cashier as he dumped the boy's bag over the counter, dropping all the items- that were to be stolen from the store.

The cashier watched, a little bewildered from the scenario but being unable to keep up with Jungkook's menacing stare, the cashier went by- scanning the items one by one.

The raventte kept his arm hung around the boy's shoulder all the while, to prevent him from running off.

Jungkook took his card and slid by the counter, paying for the snacks and bandages and whatnot, as they all got packed into a clear white plastic bag.

"Now we wait..." Jungkook said smiling down at the boy, as Taehyung began putting his stuff down on the counter.

The atmosphere was weird.

Suffocating.

The cashier scanned all of Taehyung's items and billed him, which Taehyung quickly paid.

Carrying the bags, the three stepped out, and just as they did- the boy began thrashing around, but Jungkook's arm remained hooked around the boy's neck.

"Let me go you bitch!" He yelled punching and kicking around.

"Ow- okay- that hurt." Jungkook said, hissing a little as he shifted his weight, pushing the boy to the hood of a random car, while Taehyung stood in silence.

"You do not kick your elders and you certainly do not kick somebody who saved you from ending up in jail" Jungkook clicked his tongue, shaking his head.

"What are you now? A Saint? Let go of me!" The short boy yelled, twisting around Jungkook's arms.

Jungkook chuckled "boy I'm far from being a saint."

"What's your name kid?" Jungkook asked, cocking his head to the side.

The boy grumbled "Woozi"

"Your real name. Not your street name boy" Jungkook clicked his tongue.

"Lee Ji Hoon"

"Well... Ji Hoon... I've got you great news." Jungkook grinned wickedly "you see this man behind me? Yeah?"

The boy peered, looking at Taehyung with his frightened quivering eyes, but they remained fierce- not backing away.

"That's a real cop. Y'know guns and batches kinda cop.. and he could arrest you right now- being the sole witness himself of your little crime right there" Jungkook said, smiling.

Woozi gulped, fear pooling into him.

"But for today... how about you take my advice Hmm? Why dont you take this bag home and think about what you did. You'd probably do it again tomorrow- you may get caught, you may not.... but regardless, you get punished or not for you crimes... on this world- after you die... you drop down there" Jungkook grinned, his eyes dancing with mischief as the boy's reflected with fear.

"And guess who you'll have to face?"

The boy pursed his quivering lips.

"Yeah... the Devil. He'll be waiting down there for ya if you don't redeem your sins. And do you know what he'll do, if you dont make a change? He'll give you a very special punishment..."

"From the very fingers you robbed- he'll nub them off- making you finger-less and set your back with a plague like rash, that would itch so much... but you'd have no fingers to scratch them off with." Jungkook said with the same eeiry smile, unblinking.

"And it'd go on and on for eternity- this torture... and you'd only hear your cries echo in the dark. With nothing to scratch your back with cause there just ain't no fingers for ya" Jungkook paused, a grin morphing on his lips.

"So... tell me, Ji Hoon... are you gonna steal again?"

"N-No.. I'm sorry.. please I'm sorry..." th boy cried, stuck in the trance Jungkook had put him through to visualize everything he had told to Woozi.

"Well then-" Jungkook stood up straight, a pleasant smile on his lips, snapping the trance off as Woozi blinked through his tears, finally being able to steady his heartbeat.

"Off you go-" Jungkook said stepping aside and stretching out his arm to hand over the bag.

Woozi glanced from Jungkook to Taehyung, now more cautious and careful.

"If you think the Devil wont catch you the Detective certainly will. He knows your name and face... dont forget that" Jungkook said licking his lips, tweeting a little on his feet.

The boy didnt say anything, feeling guilty as he was. He snatched his bag from Jungkook's hand and bolted- disappearing from their sights.

Jungkook sighed, a smile on his lips.

"That was refreshing."

Taehyung blinked, with disbelief.

"Seriously? Did you really have to traumatize a kid?" Taehyung scoffed, as he put his bags in the backseat and slammed the door shut.

"I was just teaching him a lesson" Jungkook shrugged, as he opened the door.

"By traumatizing him? And.. and what fingers and scratching? I cant believe you-" Taehyung muttered shaking his head as he strapped in his seatbelt.

"Hey- the Devil can get a bit creative alright. Nobody really gets dropped into a pool of hot oil down there. Its not some damned KFC for the Devilsakes..." Jungkook rolled his eyes, slightly offended.

Taehyung snorted as he switched the gears, stepping onto the gas pedal and steering the car. "Mm right- since you belong to the Cult, you can tell the Devil to kiss my ass"

Jungkook smirked at that, his tongue pushing through his inner cheek as his fingers tapped on window sil.

He looked outside the window, his fingers still thrumming and the smirk only grew wider on his lips.

"I'm sure he wouldn't mind."

At all.

_____________

_____________

Author's Note:

Hey there guyssssss... lol how was that?

Your lovely words do support me a lot, but I cant help but feel that chapters in this book end up lowkey boring- and yall keep saying that it ain't... but still- lol lemme know if it gets boring alright? 🥺🥺🥺

Writing Tough Tae is kinda hard, since he's such a babie in my head... so it's taking me some time to get adjusted to this version of Tae.

Ohhhhhh AND... next chapter is gonna have the grand introduction of a new main character- Thotious Park.

Sksjsksksllsl

Anyway lol lemme know your thoughts.

____

___

And GUYS- I just got a message from some Author Liastion association saying they want me to put up my books on WebNovel and I'm just???????? Like??????????

Like? Help?

I dont know what to say like?

Ma dude- do I get paid?

LIKE GUYS. IS WEBNOVEL LIKE WATTPAD'S TWIN OR IS IT ONE OF THOSE FANCY WRITER APPS? I am confused.

Somebody who knows about this- please message me.. I dont know what this is about and I cant ask this with my sibling, cause if she finds out I'm WRITING mature books on two guys, its gonna get so weird in here like-ugh I dont wanna talk about it...

So if anybody knows what's this about message me ASAP.

____

Lol anyway, take care yall.

Thanks for the views and votes and comments- I appreciate it so much...

I hope you enjoy this book♡ and that I disappoint yall ;-;

Stay safe from Rona

Love,
Jaye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21K 602 13
Why is he bringing a hammer? Don't tell me he's going to hammer my hands on the closet. "Please, no. I'll do anything you want, just please don't do...
136K 6.6K 38
[completed] "Excuse me sir, the ladies from that table gave you this drink"- In which Jungkook finds the waiter far more attractive than the ladies o...
6.4K 309 11
Ever since Y/N is little, all the people around her always die. She started to think that she has a curse. One night, a mysterious young man saved h...
633 121 66
|| Under heavy editing || Your life was smooth. You had two best friends, Tae and Vini.You had a good job, and everything else was good. All you nee...