Operation: Stay Alive

By alyssa4everr

Nicole Evers' parents unexpectedly leave for a "business trip" leaving Nicole all alone, but her parents deci... More

Welcome
♦ Chapter 1 || Their 'Business' Trip ♦
♦ Chapter 2 || I'm So Sorry ♦
♦️ Chapter 3 || Who doesn't like Cake♦️
♦️ Chapter 4 || I Hate Mondays ♦️
♦️ Chapter 5 || Snow Day ♦️
♦️ Chapter 6 || Drunk Jake ♦️
♦️ Chapter 7 || Teddy is Mine ♦️
♦️ Chapter 8 || It's a small party ♦️
♦️ Chapter 9 || Die Trying ♦️
♦️ Chapter 10 || Now We're Even ♦️
♦️ Chapter 11 || Stay ♦️
♦️ Chapter 12 || Because I Stumbled Into You ♦️
♦️ Chapter 13 || Don't Swear ♦️
♦️ Chapter 14 || The Bucket ♦️
♦️ Chapter 15 || You wouldn't even hurt a fly ♦️
♦️ Chapter 16 || I couldn't even dress a barbie doll ♦️
♦️ Chapter 17 || You're such a child ♦️
♦️ Chapter 18 || Thank You ♦️
♦️ Chapter 19 || The Car Won't bite. But if you don't get in soon, I might ♦️
♦️ Chapter 20 || Don't tell me the price. I might not want to buy it then ♦️
♦️ Chapter 21 || Beginners Luck ♦️
♦️ Chapter 22 || Merry Christmas ♦️
♦️ Chapter 23 || Cornered ♦️
♦️ Chapter 24 || It's My Fault ♦️
♦️ Chapter 25 || Best Day Ever ♦️
♦️ Chapter 26 || Despacito ♦️
♦️ Chapter 27 || It Was You♦️
♦️ Chapter 28 || Movie Night ♦️
♦️ Chapter 29 || But It's Winter♦️
♦️Chapter 30 || Secrets ♦️
♦️ Chapter 31 || I Half Lied ♦️
♦️ Chapter 32 || Do You Have Any Queens ♦️
♦️ Chapter 33 || Go get 'em big boy ♦️
♦️ Chapter 34 || It's Never Too Cold For Ice Cream ♦️
♦️ Chapter 35 || That's My Girl ♦️
♦️ Chapter 36 || You Were Made to be Mine ♦️
♦️ Chapter 37 || Listen ♦️
♦️ Chapter 38 || No Peeking ♦️
♦️ Chapter 39 || Wait Whatttttt? ♦️
♦️ Chapter 40 || Let's Do It♦️
♦️ Chapter 41 || Ready ♦️
♦️ Chapter 42 || Whipped ♦️
♦️ Chapter 43 || Promise ♦️
♦️ Chapter 44 || TLC ♦️
♦️ Chapter 45 || So This is What My Life Has Become? ♦️
♦️ Chapter 46 || Act Casual ♦️
♦️ Chapter 47 || Who? ♦️
♦️ Chapter 48 || Why? ♦️
♦️ Chapter 49 || What Are You Going to Do? ♦️
♦️ Chapter 50 || Die Trying ♦️
♦️ Chapter 51 || Home ♦️
Thank You

♦️ Chapter 52 || Stronger ♦️

7.4K 246 213
By alyssa4everr

Chapter 52 || Stronger
🔹🔹🔹🔹
* * Nicole's POV * *

"Aaaaand done!" Alice says as she curls the last piece of hair and pins it up.

"Gorgeous as usual," I clap as she spins around showing off her look.

"I'll get the dresses and you go get the shoes!" She chimes in as she sprints across my room in a flash.

I laugh I grab the two shoeboxes that were neatly stacked on top of each other in the corner of my room and place them on the bed.

"Here's your dress girly," She smiles as she hands me the dress, "I'm so sorry but these dresses were the best decision we ever made!"

I shake my head, "So why are you sorry about it?"

"Oh I'm not apologizing to you I'm apologizing to all the other girls 'cause next to us they will look like peasants."

I blurt out laughing at Alice's comment.

"Am I wrong?" She laughs, "No. I'm never wrong."

"Can you zip me up?" I say while shaking my head at her.

She zips me up and I zip her up.

"And now for the shoes," I say opening the boxes."

"Okay, I lied the shoes are the best decision we have ever made."

"I couldn't agree more."

I reach into my box and pull out a pair of light pink all-star converse and Alice takes out a black pair. After the winter formal we decided we didn't want to take off our heels due to how incredibly uncomfortable they are... and the fact that I can't walk in them for the life of me... we decided to go with converse! That way we can wear them all night while still being stylish, and if anyone does have a problem with our shoes, they won't even be able to see them under our floor-length dresses.

After we lace them up we put earrings in and stand in front of the mirror.

Alice and I had made the decision to wear the same dress in different colors. My dress had a black strapless top with a long light pink flowy bottom. Alice's colors were inverted, or whatever you call it. Her dress had a light pink strapless top and a long black flowy bottom.

"We look good!" I cheer with a smile as I take a moment to admire us.

"Of course we do," Alice smiles as she twrils around and I join her.

After a moment of laugh Alice asks with a grin, "Photo time?"

"Photo time!" I cheer.

We rush into my back yard and taking photos of each other. It wasn't long until my Dad came out and offered to take some of the two of us, which we graciously accepted his help.

We probably took about a thousand photos during this little photoshoot... but lets be real only two are going to come out good. 

Moments later the door bell rings.

"That's them!" I say staring at the house.

"I'll get it," My dad smiles still holding my camera as he goes to answer the door.

Alice takes my hand and we slowly walk inside, taking our own sweet time.

Once we step into the kitchen I can see Jill, Jake, and Dan standing next to my Dad talking.

We enter the foyer area and stop when Jake and Dan lays their eyes on us.

Jill squeals in the corner. Jill has become the mother I never had. I sigh as I remembered the box I had found some letter my mom wrote to herself.

My mom had been moving out of the house and a few days later when I was cleaning the house I had found a box containing a bunch of papers. I was rummaging through them when I found a few letters my mom had written to herself... I guess she didn't want to keep a full diary so she wrote scatter letters to herself here and there. 

Most of the letters were about me. She wrote how she got so jealous of how my Dad loved me and started to not pay attention to her as much, she claims that I ruined her life so she tried to ruin mine.

I shake my head as my past is far behind me. I don't need her. All I need is right her. 

Jake and Dan both walk towards us with smiles. 

"You look beautiful," Jake smiles as he looks at my dress, "I love this color on you."

I smile, "Thank you."

"I love this little partner in crime look going on," Dan smiles pointing out our sort of matching dresses.

"Which one of us is prettier?" Alice askes.

Jill starts laughing her head off.

"Well- you o-" Dan starts to say but Alice cuts him off.

"Carefull what you say here. You hurt Nicole or my feelings you might have to go to prom alone.

"You both look beautiful," Jake says warmly, "The dresses are filtering and make you both shine."

"A diplomatic answer. Simple yet passes the test," Alice nods, "Learn Dan."

Dan groans, "Had you not cut me off I would have said that!"

Alice laughs and pats his cheek.

After a moment we all make our way to the back yard where Jill and my dad proceed to take about a thousand more photos.

"I got you a little something," Jake whispers in my ear when my dad and Jill stop to talk.

I look up at him with a smile, "You didn't have to get me anything."

He smiles, "Turn around."

I do as he says and turn around.

Moments later Jake lifts up my hair and plants a kiss on my neck. The warmth of his lips on my skin make me blush immensely. Seconds later Jake places a necklace around my neck. Once he clips it on, I look down at the necklace while a ear to ear smile.

It was a small yet beautiful jeweled crown that sparkled in the sun.

"A crown for the Princess," He says cheekily before he gives me a kiss.

"Thank you Jake. I love it!" I smile, "But now I feel bad I didn't get you anything."

"I already have everything I could ever want right here," Jake shrugs as he wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me close to him.

There it goes... my heart.

"Yo there are other people here you know?!" Dan shouts at Jake.

Alice coughs, "Did you get me anything?"

He shakes his head, "No... Well I got you a corsage."

Alice laughs, "Don't interrupt them."

"But PDA" He whines.

"Well your going to me MIA if you keep interrupting them."

Jill starts laughing again, "I love you Alice."

"Um excuse me. You're Jake's Mom, aren't you going to say something?" Dan teases.

"Nope," Jill shakes her head,  "I'm not going to condone my son for treating Nicole like a queen."

Alice and I start dying of laugher.

"My mama raised me right!" Jake shouted as he stuck his tongue out to Dan who is laughing with us.

"But if he treats Nicole wrong then I will step in and make sure he will never be able to have children," Jill winks at Jake who rolls his ever.

Alice and I are wheezing.

"Ha ha very funny," Jake says, "I think the limo is here. We don't want to be late to pick up Asher and his date."

Jill laughs as she shakes her head.

"Oo I'm so excited to meet him!" Alice cheers.

"Same! I've heard some much about him!" I clap along side Alice as we grab out phones and make our way towards the front of the house where the limo is waiting.

We all climb in one after another and soon enough we arrive at Ashers house.

Asher is the first one to enter the limo, "Hey guys!"

"Hey!" We all reply.

Asher smiles and says "I'd like you all to meet my date. Everyone this is Cole."

Moments after Cole enters the limo with a smile, "Hey guys!"

Alice claps, "It's an honor to finally meet you! I'm Alice."

"Nice to meet you," He says with his thick french accent as he sits next to Asher and holds his hand.

Aweee... they are cute!

"Hi I'm Nicole! I've heard sooo much about you! Tell me what has been your favorite country you have traveled to?" I ask with a smile.

He chuckles, "Each country is unique in it's own way but I would have to say my favorite France. Most of my family lives there so that probably why I like it so much. We there go every summer."

I smile, "That's amazing!"

"Please say something in French!" Alice coos at his accent.

Cole laughs again, he bright green eyes sparkling at the attention, "What do you want me to say?"

Alice shrugs, "Anything."

Cole laughs looking at Asher, "Je suis heureuse de t'avoir rencontré."

"Retour à l'envoyeur," Asher replies with a smile.

"What did you say?" I ask Cole before giving a confused look to Asher, "And since when did you speak french?" 

Everyone starts dying of laugher, and I'm just sitting there... it wasn't that funny.

"I take french as my language course," Asher replies.

"So do I too but that doesn't mean I have any clue of what he just said... All I have learned from that class was excusez-je puis-je aller aux toilette," I say falling my hands in the air.

Jake covers his mouth from laughing so hard and Alice nearly topples over.

"It wasn't that funny! I'm being serious!" I shout laughing at their red faces.

Asher and Cole were laughing just as hard as everyone else.

After a few moments Jake finally speaks up, "Asher's father speaks fluent french."

"Okay that makes so much more sense than french class."

The laughter errupts once again.

"Goodness I'm not that funny!"

Jake laughs, "You certainly are tonight."

I roll my eyes.

The drive was fairly short to the venue but in that time we learned so much about Cole. Apparently he is allergic to avocados and has an older brother and a twin sister.

But what was the most shocking fun fact about him was...

"YOU MET ONE DIRECTION?!" Alice and I shout at the same exact time.

We were talking about his favorite thing about England and somehow got onto the topic of One Direction when he spilled this tiny little detail... who am I kidding its a huge detail!

He smiles, "I did."

"All five?!" I swoon.

"All five," He confirms.

"Was Harry's hair as floofy in person as it is in pictures?!" Alice asks.

"Floofier"

We squeel.

Jake and Dan cough, "Excuse me we are right here."

"And what about it?" Alice says bluntly, "If Harry Styles crashed Prom and asked me to marry him right then and there I say yes before I could even take a breath."

I chuckle.

"Oh wow thanks," Dan huffs knowing Harry Styles is amazing.

"It won't ever happen so don't worry," Alice laughs as she kisses Dan.

Shortly after we arrive at the venue, Dylan and his date were waiting for us.

"Is that the same girl he brought to the winter formal?" I ask Alice in a whisper, "I can't tell. It looks like her."

"I think so," She whispers back.

We all say hi and talk for a moment before entering the venue and finding a table close to the food. We were one of the first people to arrive so we got first pick, which was amazing! It wasn't long untill the rest of people came pouring in.

- - -

"This is so much fun!" Alice cheers as she dances alongside me.

I nod with excitement as I look at Jake who was smiling at me.  

Alice suddenly stop dancing, "I'll be right back."

"Oookayyy" I say concerned as I watch Alice run to the DJ and put in a song request.

She comes back moments later and takes my shoulders and pushes me into Jake, "Jake dance with her. I'm tired."

"Suttle," I laugh as she pawns me off to Jake.

"You two will thank me later," Alice winks.

"What did you do now?" Jake laughs as he glares at Alice.

"Nothing..."

And then the song changes and a familiar beat begins to play.

We both look at Alice slightly annoyed yet slightly excited.

"You're welcome," She says while pushing us into the middle of the dance floor.

"May I have this dance señorita?" Jake asks with a cheeky grin as if he already knows the answer.

I shake my head, "You know that was too cheesy. I may just have to say no now."

Jake moves his hands down my back and pulls me closer as the song Señorita begins to play around us.  

I put one hand on his shoulder and my other hand laces with his. 

We start moving, letting the music carry us. Our eyes were locked on each others.

Jake turns me and when I twirld back he swiftly takes both of my hands and wraps them around his neck. 

He gently lifts me up, so that I am standing on his toes, and our cheeks are pressed against eachother.

I close my eyes as I feel his smile.

After a moment I swiftly turns round so that my back is resting against his chest and his hands wrap around my abdomen. I place one of my hands to rest on his hand and the other goes to rest on his cheek as I slowly look up at him.

He smiles down to me and I smile back. Jake takes this moment to spin me again before dipping me. Our foreheads touch and seconds later appluase fills the room.

I completely forgot there were others here...

Jake lifts me to stand. Once I'm standing he bows with a laugh. He gestures for me to curtsey too, I just roll my eyes and laugh before I give in and curtsey. Everyone cheers louder.

"That was absolutely beautiful!" Ashley coos through the microphone with a smile.

Ashley and I have become good friends... not the kinds that hangs out every other day or has sleep overs but every now and then she joins Alice and I to the mall. 

I haven't heard from Bridget in a long time. She was absent for a few days then we found out they had moved to another country. She never apologized. I didn't expect her to, but it would have been nice. After all we were friends at one point. 

They were questioning Bridget, they thought she might have been an accomplice to Liam but they couldn't prove anything. I thought she was innocent. She was heart broken about Liam. She liked him - maybe even loved him - but Liam played her. I think the last thing she would want was to help him get another girl. I guess Bridget wanted a fresh start, away from all this.

Ashley wanted to fresh start too. She joined student council, the yearbook committee, and of course she was the head of the Prom committee. She told me she wanted to make the night perfect for everyone. 

The venue turned out beautifully and she did a wonderful job with the decorations. 

"I think this is a good time to announce the Prom King and Queen? Dontcha think?" She cheers as she holds out an envelope, "Our theme was based on who the person really is. Who was a beautiful person on the inside not just the outside. The people who hold this school together! You voted who deserves to be the King and Queen.." Ashley starts to open the envelope.

I cross my fingers...

 "The King and Queen are Alice and Dan!" Ashley cheers.

"YESS!!!" I cheer as I run to Alice and give her a huge hug before she goes to the stage. 

Ever since Alice and Dan got together they have been so kind to everyone. Doing everything to help others and make sure no one is picked on. If someone decides to bully someone in person or online, they make sure that the bully won't ever do that again. If they see someone alone at lunch, they invite them to sit with us and if they don't want to join we all join them! Alice also has been this match makes to the school... I don't know how she does it but she does, and thanks for her I've met a bunch of new people and made some more friends!

"You guys! Did you vote for me?" Alice smiles in complete shock from hearing her name.

"Of course!" I clap.

"That and pretty much the majority of our class," Jake smiles.

Alice grabs Dan's arm and they both rush to the stage with their arms in the air. Everyone was cheering as they made their way to the stage.

Ashley placed the crowns on their head and I cheer louder, "That's my best friend!"

Alice happily takes the flowers Ashley hands to her and makes her way to the microphone to make a speech.

She clears her throat pretending to be serious! Dan stands next to her with a smile on his face as he points to the crown on his head as if we can't see it.

"Thank you so much!" Alice and Dan say.

Alice smiles again, "Now let's party!"

She points to the DJ who starts playing some music again and Alice and Dan start prancing around the stage. She gestures foe us to join her.

Jake grabs my hand and leads me to the stage, where we start dancing our hearts out.

It's crazy to think about everything that has happened in the past. If you had told me at the start of the year what would have happened I would have looked you dead in the eye and told you you were crazy.

But here I am. Living my best life with all of my friends.

My past is a part of me but doesn't define me. All of these challenges that were thrown at me in my life only made me stronger. They made me more confident in myself. They helped me be who I am today. 

I am stronger than I have ever been before - both physically and mentally.

And if life decides to throw my another curve ball...

I'll be ready.

The End

• • •

{A/N}

SHOUTOUTS TO EVERYONE WHO READ MY BOOK!
YOU ARE ALL AMAZING AND I LOVE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU!!!

If you have any lingering questions about the book feel free to ask! I can answer them!

I will be posting the first few chapters of my new book, The Bad Boy is my Best Friend, this week so make sure to add it to your libraries! And I promise that book will not take 6 years to complete. 

And today is also Angel's 2nd birthday today!! And I promised a picture of her!

I guess I don't need to out this here anymore... but here is to one last time

 :(

Don't be a silent reader 🌸

*Vote and Comment*

Alyssa Rose

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 23.8K 30
"I want to go back to my old ways." Ezra said in a monotone. It felt like he held no emotion. I stood dumbfounded not knowing what to do? "I tried yo...
99 5 10
Justin Cameron is a good kid, when he lands in detention he meets Jacob Harris. Jacob is the opposite of him, he's rebellious and is known as the sch...
12.4K 149 17
Phoebe Monroe, gorgeous and intelligent, known by everyone. Phoebe is feared by the school, anyone who comes across her path, actually. Her grades ar...
212K 10.5K 50
Amber has a secret, one that she hates. When the school bad boy finds out, she realizes he isn't who he seems to be. Garrett is hiding something. Whe...