Dricki: What's Stopping Us

By kliopatra

ADVISORY *This story is an adopted romantic fanfiction based on free and spontaneous creativity without any c... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19: Happy Valentine's day
Chapter 20: It was a mistake
Chapter 21: Trinidad, here I come
Chapter 22: We don't need you
Chapter 23: So... Labelmate
Chapter 24: That's my man
Chapter 26: The fuck is going on here
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Epilogue
A. N.

Chapter 25: He knows

1.1K 64 6
By kliopatra

Another busy day at the studio where Nicki, Drake and Wayne have been for a couple of hours. She is continuing to record her upcoming album and was putting her heart and soul on it. After receding this song Moment 4 Life that featured Drake, Nicki took her time to write. Drake was conversing with Wayne who was messing around making his own beats, until he excuse himself and went over to where Nicki was.

"Nic, I need to talk to you." Drake said.

"Yeah, sure. Talk."

"Alone." Both looked up to Wayne who seemed like he wasn't going anywhere.

"Maybe some other time?"

"No. Now."

"Well, I'm not going anywhere."

"Don't make me regret this."

"Regret what?" Before she knew it, he picked her up fireman style and stormed out of there looking for an empty room.

"Drake! What are doing? I have a song to record. Let me the fuck go!" She yelled and punched his back not conformed with the fact that he was ignoring her. When he found one, he got inside and stood in front of the door so she wouldn't leave. "Are you out of your fucking mind?"

"Wow, calm down. Before you come for me. I had my reasons to do so."

"And what are those reasons?"

"It's about us."

"What about us?"

"Why didn't you tell me you have a son, that happens to be mine?"

Nicki's stomach tightened. "What are you talking about?"

"Huff,... Imma ask you one more time. Is your son, OJ, my son?" There was a moment of silence. The words were struggling to leave Nicki's throat as she just looked away trying not to cry.

"Who told you that?"

"It doesn't matter. I wanna to know why did you keep him from me."

"I don't want to talk about this."

"We're going to talk one way or another."

"I choose another. I'm not ready for this."

"I just need to know why." She opened her month to say something when they heard a knock on the door. It was Wayne.

"Yo, Nic, are you in there? Your phone is ringing."

"Who is it?" She asked.

"It's your mother." He answered. She tried to opened the door but Drake blocked the doorknob.

"Drake, please. It's my mother." He sighed and let it go. She quickly opened the door and practically snatched her phone from Wayne's hand and answered the call making her way to the room where they previously were.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Onika?"

"Hi mom. Is everything alright?"

"Actually, OJ has been crying all afternoon and he's running a little fever."

"Oh gosh, I'm coming over there." She hang up.

"Where are you going. We didn't finish recording." Wayne asked as Nicki grabbed her purse making her way out of the building.

"I'm sorry, but my baby needs me right now. I'll get back at you tomorrow." She got in her car and sped to her mother's house. She was relieved that her mother called right in that moment, but she know she had to face him, sooner or later.

***

"How is he, Doc? Is my baby okay?"

"Calm down, ma'am. Your son will be fine. He just caught the flu." Nicki looked at her son while rubbing his hand with her thumb.

"My poor baby." OJ sneezed.

"I've written a prescription for his medication. You can pass and pick them up at our pharmacy on the ground floor. He should have flusinC syrup every eight hours and Loratadine every twelve hours." He finished writing it and handed her the prescription. "If you don't have anything further questions, you can sign the release paper and you're free to go. If you feel that something's wrong, don't hesitate to call or come."

"Thank you for everything."

"Your welcome. Have a nice day."

"You too." Nicki walked our of the room and out of the clinic. She got OJ in the car and put on his seat belt and got herself in driver's seat.

"Mommy, I'm hungry."

"What you you want to eat baby?"

"McDonalds!"

"Okay." Nicki waited to the nearest McDonalds and ordered a cheeseburger, a bacon & cheese quarter pounder, chicken nuggets and fries.

As she waited for her order, she took her phone out of her pocket. she saw 4 missed calls from Wayne and 3 from Drake. She sighed before texting her girlfriends to her at hers in an hour.

***

"Nicki! What happened?" Thembi asked as soon as Nicki opened the door for her and Sherika and let them in.

"Where's OJ?"

"Already sleeping." The three went over to the couch and sat down. Nicki was looking at their direction but not a them with her elbows resting on :her legs and her chin in the palm of her hands."He knows."

"Wait, who knows what?"

"Drake. He knows about OJ."

"How did he find out?" Sherika was now trying to calm a shaking Nicki.

"I don't know. I have no idea. One moment I was concentrated on writing this verse, then the next thing I know he's up in my face asking and wanting to know about OJ like he has some kind of right or something."

"But he has, though. He's the father."

"No, he doesn't. He lost all the right to do so well he kicked me to the curb."

"Who could have possible told him about OJ? The people who know about him are your family, me, Thembi, Safaree, Candi & Lauren."

"Well, it couldn't have been Lauren because she was never in good terms with Drake, Safaree always's been by my side, Candi is way back in New York and I'm pretty sure my family wouldn't betray me like this."

"And I didn't do it." Sherika defended. She and Nicki then noticed how Thembi got so quiet and spaced out. They eyed each other and snapped their fingers trying to catch her attention.

"Hello, earth calling Thembi!?" Thembi jumped. She saw Sherika's and Nicki's suspicious look on their faces and gave up.

"I'm so, so sorry Nic..."

"But why? When, how, Thembi!? I trusted you!"

"I'm sorry Nicki. I didn't mean too. You're my best friend, you know I wouldn't do something like this to you. He was the one who came to me like a month ago. He started pouring his heart and all about you and then got angry about you rejecting him. I got so annoyed by it and it kinda slipped out of my mouth that if he wasn't such a jerk and didn't leave you, you'd be together with a happy family. Please don't be mad at me."

"I'm not mad, just disappointed. But don't worry, you're forgiven."

"So what are you going to do about him?" Sherika asked.

"I don't know, I don't want him around me."

"One thing for sure he will want to be round more often for OJ."

"Well, one thing for sure he won't because I won't let him." Nicki defended.

"Nic, what are you talking about. The man is the father of your child, he has the right to be part of OJ's life and see him whenever he wants."

"That asshole has a girlfriend."

"Wait, didn't you say they were fake?"

"Yeah, but still. He broke my heart. He said it into my face that he didn't want a kid and that I should abort. He cared more about his career than me and left me." She broke down crying hysterically. "You don't know how bad it hurts. His words still haunt me and can't do nothing about it." The girls just stayed there calming Nicki until she cried herself to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.8K 610 28
This story is about Onika Maraj, a super busy hard working woman. She barely has time to date but as soon she gets a little time, she has to choose b...
118K 3.8K 11
Retiring from the NFL was the right decision, and at thirty years old, I've done things most people could only dream of. After all I've accomplished...
52.1K 1.8K 29
"Do you still love me?" He asked, taking her hands into his. Drake and Nicki face the consequences of reappearing in each other's lives after years...
421K 12.9K 30
Y/N and Niragi go to the same high school. Niragi is a nerdy boy, with no friends and the main target of constant bullying. Y/N on the contrary, has...