One {Mark Sloan}

By Alteate

"Every time your heart is broken, a doorway cracks open to a world full of new beginnings, new opportunities... More

Prologue
The Push
Beginning
Mess
Syria
My Only Family
Staying Alive
Prom Queen
What I Am
Friends
M&M
Over
Ashes
Planting a Seed
Fighters
Death Wish
The Feeling Of Suffocation
The Chief of Surgery
Toxins
The Past
OPINIONS
Daphnie Miller
The right decision
The Man
Reyansh Deo
Time After Time
Intern Exam
The Date
Hangout Spot
Drunk Mark
Soft Kitty, Warm Kitty
Nara
Meet the Fosters
Miss Grumpy
COVERS PART 2
A Change is Gonna Come
Happy Birthday
Big Boys
Downfall Of Arrogance
To Die Or Not To Die
Hurricane Amelia
The Art Of Lookin'
Bridal Fights
Stronger
Pushy And Rude
Daddy Issues
Unlucky
Without You
Turning A New Page
Flattery
The Birthday Party
New Rules
Like Me Better
Begin Again
Everything Has Changed
Mark and Ren
Mama Shepherd
Still on My Brain
Happy Ending
Come Together
Slipping into Darkness
Stand By Me
The People That We Love
Let Us Move On
Should I Or Should I Not?
Hell Of A Life
This Wedding Day
An Authors Note
Agree To Disagree
Author's Note
Future Nostalgia
Cold As Ice
Gone Too Soon
Powerless
Wrong Call

Sane Advice

4.3K 163 5
By Alteate

Renee was the nurses' station collecting her patient's chart's for the day when Mark walked from behind her and gave the nurse's a charming smile, the nurses were behaving oddly that day, ever so often they would gather in a small group discuss something and then disperse, it had been going for quite a few times but she decided to ignore it. She wasn't interested in whatever was happening between them as she had quite a lot on her plate as it is, Reyansh had been avoiding her for the past few ways, Ilaria was learning how to crawl and Renee had to now baby proof the apartment, however, she was finding it difficult to find the time to do it. 

"Good morning," Mark greeted the nurses.

"Don't do that. Don't smile at me," Nurse Olivia said angrily. Renee looked between the two, it was no secret that Mark had slept around with almost the entirety of the surgical nurses.

"Don't smile at her. Don't smile at me, either," Nurse Jolene said annoyingly as she pointed at Mark and then Olivia, Renee shook her head as she ignored their conversation and returned to her charts.

"We're on to you," Olivia said.

"We've compared notes," Jolene said.

"Compared notes? Really?" Mark said as he looked around to see Renee ignoring them. 

"Mm-hmm," 

"Compared notes, compared pickup lines compared techniques," Olivia said looking proud of herself as she looked at Mark with disgust. 

"Techniques?" he asked clearly not expecting the situation. 

"Identical," Jolene and Olivia said together.

"Identical?" 

"We formed a club. Nurses unite against Mark Sloan," Olivia said as Mark leaned over the desk with a suggestive look on his face. 

"Are there any, uh, club activities?" he said with a smirk as the nurses walked away and Renee scoffed which caused him to look at her. 

"What?" He asked her as Renee closed her charts with a slam and turned to look at him with narrowed eyes.

"Club activities, really?" Renee asked exasperatedly as Derek walked up to them.

"Oh, man. You would not believe what just happened to me," Mark said as he gave a side-eye to Renee as she rolled her eyes.

"There's a, uh, a kid looking for you," Derek said seriously. 

"What?" 

"Daddy?" a boy said as he looked at Mark with hopeful eyes, while Renee looked between Mark and the boy trying to find similarities between the two.

"What?" Mark looked shocked, to say the least. Mark looks at Renee to see her eyebrow raised at him before he looked over at Derek who smiled and gave the boy some money.

"Nicely done," Derek said with a smile as he looked at the boy.

"Gave me a heart attack," Renee whispered shaking her head as she picked up her chart continuing to complete her chart.  

"Thanks." the boy said as he happily accepted the money.

"I'll be getting you back for that," Mark said shaking his finger at Derek.

"Looking forward to it," Derek said as he pressed a kiss to Renee's hair before walking away. 

"You're not my father. But I am hoping you'll build me some ears,"

"Mr Nelson, 35, has previously visited the clinic after some dome-shaped patches, redness and itchiness and was recommended cream by the dermatologist and while it seemed like the issues subsided for some time, they have appeared again and have spread to the other areas of his skin. What will be our next approach?" 

Renee looked around at Christina and Izzie and their interns who had accompanied her for the rounds, Christina was her resident while the interns were supposed to observe and answer the questions, however, Christina's hand immediately went up as the resident was eager to answer the question.

"Yang, let your interns answer, we know you know the answer," Renee sighed as Christina put her hand down and looked at her interns daring them to answer.

"Don't fear her, just answer my question," Renee said as Claire raised her hand trying to answer the question.

"Yes?" 

"If-if the cream worked for him, he should continue using the cream," 

"Wow, they just keep getting dumper," Renee said under her breath as Lexie raised her hand timidly.

"No, I-uh-think the dermatologist should do a thorough physical exam checking the origin of the patchy skin,"

"Very good and after that?"

"If-if the dermatologist finds anything suspicious, a skin biopsy is performed,"

"Excellent, you people surprise me every day, what did you do in Med-School and how did you manage to enter the internship program in Seattle Grace is a surprise," Renee snapped at the other interns while the others looked embarrassed as they looked down at their shoes, while Claire mumbled something under her breath.

"Excuse me, say it out loud, come on," Renee said sweetly to the intern.

"N-nothing,"

"SAY IT!!" Renee snapped loudly at Claire.

"Bitch, I said what a bitch," 

"Dr Chanel!!" Izzie called out angrily, "Go wait in the intern lounge,"

"Dr Chanel, you are not taking that arrogant tone with me. You aren't scrubbing on my surgeries, ever," Renee said as Claire walked out of the room sniffing.

"Dr Mostow, go down to the labs and get the biopsy reports, quickly," Renee said as the intern scrubbed to his feet.

"Usually these types of symptoms are seen in patients who have SCC or Squamous Cell Carcinoma, it is a type of skin cancer, in fact, it is the second most common type of cancer," Renee said Dr Mostow came running in with lab reports in his hand.

"Here, Dr Foster," He panted.

"According to these reports, my suspicions have been proved right, Mr Nelson suffers from Squamous Cell Carcinoma and after further discussions and consultations we'll decide the approach," Renee said before they entered the patient's room.

"Good Morning, Mr Nelson, I am Dr Foster, the surgical oncologist on your case," Renee said as Mr Nelson looked at her with concern.

"I could see you coming," He said with a dreamy voice.

"Excuse me?" Christina asked as she raised an eyebrow.

"In my vision, I saw you coming telling me some terrible news but I couldn't quite see what the news was," He said as he smiled and Christina rolled her eyes and scoffed.

"Dr Yang," Renee warned.

"Doctor, please don't sugar coat anything, I knew I wasn't going to live for much longer, just tell me when will I die," he said as Renee looked over at Christina and Izzie, who both shrugged.

"Uh-okay-Mr Nelson, you have what we call Squamous Cell Carcinoma, it is a type of skin cancer,"

"How many days till I die doctor? 

"Mr Nelson, how about we think about saving your life?"

"What's the point, we are all going to die," Renee tried her best not to roll her eyes at the man.

"Mr Nelson, you are not going to die under my watch," 

"Fine, but tell that plastic surgeon of yours I don't need an ugly scar for the entire of my remaining life,"

"How do you know a plastics surgeon going to be involved?" Izzie asked.

"I saw it, Dr Foster and the plastic surgeon are going to have a little banter. They do not get along well," Mr Nelson looked at Renee who had her eyes narrowed at him.

"Isn't that right, Doctor? How about this, his initials are MS,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 47 35
Mark took a step forward, his expression intense. "Lexie, don't make me choose between you and her." Lexie recoiled slightly, as if the words themsel...
1.2M 29.4K 70
"I don't get it." He shook his head at me, his frustration clear in his eyes. "Why can't you just let yourself be happy, for once?" "What makes you t...
163K 4.4K 102
A tragic event happened in Derek's life, which caused him to lose his sight. Can Meredith help Derek through this hard time? I don't own or write th...
522K 17.9K 163
Life has a funny way of humbling you. Knocking you down and for a while just to keep you there. No one prepares you for the hardships you will face...