Twisted

By __sillage__

"I think I'm gay." I say, leaving out the part about my... exposing dream about him last night. I watched hi... More

Description
Chapter One | Bloody Knuckles
Chapter Two | Confused
Chapter Three | Best Friends
Chapter Four | Uncovered
Chapter Five | Family Troubles
Chapter Six | Missing
Chapter Seven | Crush
Chapter Eight | Closer
Chapter Nine | Warning
Chapter Ten | Callum's POV
Chapter Eleven | Intimate
Chapter Twelve | Like Twinkling Stars
Chapter Thirteen | Love
Chapter Fourteen | Ex wife
Chapter Fifteen | Carnival Romance
Chapter Sixteen | Hospital
Chapter Seventeen | A day Alone
Chapter Eighteen | THANKS GIVING SPECIAL
Chapter Nineteen: Drunk??
Chapter Twenty: Together
Chapter Twenty-One: broken noses
Chapter Twenty-Two: birthday Party
Chapter Twenty-Three: Mistakes
Twenty-Four: Kiss
Authors Note (please read its short :)
Chapter Twenty-Five: Road trip
Chapter Twenty-six: Oops
Chapter twenty-seven: Another injury
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Sharing Sweatshirts
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Eyes That Hold The Universe
Chapter Thirty: intensity
Chapter Thirty-One: Desperation
Chapter Thirty Two: Missing Callum
Chapter Thirty Three: No Interruptions This Time
Chapter Thirty-Four: Fish, Crackers, my dog and Sylvia
Chapter Thirty-Five: Josh's Birthday
Chapter Thirty-seven: Fourth of July Special Part 2
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Fourth Of July Party Final Part
Chapter Thirty-Nine: What Are We?
Chapter Forty : A Day Full Of Fun
Chapter Fourty-One: Finally dating
Epilogue: So it is Happily Ever After?
NEW BOOK
Christmas Extra and Another New Book
The End (Thank you note) Not an extra chapter

Chapter Thirty-Six: Fourth Of July Special part 1

13.1K 569 142
By __sillage__

(A/N I'm so sorry this chapter is late! I completely forgot about it!)

Chapter Thirty Six: Fourth of July Special part 1
Josh's POV

"Ow you little mother fucker." Callum cursed, eyes narrowed at the dog who was nipping at his shoes.

"Watch your language, Callum." My mom scolded as Callum sighed in frustration.

I felt my lips tilt into a smile at his disheveled state.

His hair was messy since I had just grabbed his hand and dragged him out of bed so fast he didn't have time to put a shirt on until we made it to my room.

The Fourth of July party that my family throws is the literal reason I know the people in my neighborhood. Well that and then fact that the Neighbors dog was the most annoying thing in the entire world when I was younger, and got a lot of complaints from me and Sylvia.

Callum stared down at Peanut with narrowed eyes, he squatted, "Now listen to your dad you little bastard." He pointed an accusing finger at the puppy who stared at Callum with sparkling eyes. "These are my toes. If you want toes, go eat Joshy's." He jabbed the puppy gently on the nose with his pointed finger. "Now come give me hugs, I'm sorry for yelling at you."

I rolled my eyes at the scene before me and Callum caught the action.

"Do you have a problem, Joshy?" He asked, his voice semi-teasing as I instantly cursed my pale complexion, feeling heat start to cover my face as I turned red.

"Yes." I stayed, "You're the problem."

Callum rolled his eyes before plopping on his back, "Very original." He said, but I could see the small smile on his lips.

"Alrighty boys, let's stop flirting, we've got a lot to set up and even more fireworks to buy so let's get this show on the road." Sylvia clapped her hands and, while Callum just smirked slightly, his face still tired and exhausted, I let out an annoyed groan at my pain in the rear sister.

I walked over to Callum, hand outstretched and he stared at it with a raised eyebrow as if saying 'what am I supposed to do with this?'

It took him a second to realize that I was trying to help him off the floor and when he finally did realize it he grabbed my hand and jerked my hand towards him, causing me to fall hands and knees on the floor.

Callum cackled as he stood up, "Sorry Joshy. Guess I don't know my own strength." His dazzling green eyes glimmering as he walked off with some spring in his step.

I got off the ground grumbling and Sylvia looked at me with a wide smile. "Joshy." She teased, elbowing me in the shoulder and I groaned.

Out of all the people I had to be stuck with, you gave me Sylvia as a sister. I thought, following after Callum and the dog followed after us both.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"That's not how you grill a steak. Joshy, you're gonna burn down the whole house." Callum's voice said and he crinkled his nose at the charcoal on the grill. "Actually, I think you're doing a great job." He hit me on the back, "That one can be yours." He said, pointing to the one that was now just literal ash and replacing a hand on my back.

"Can you believe them Callum? I'm told to man the grill when I don't even know how to turn this thing on." I said, looking at it with a frown and a furrow between my eyebrows and Callum snickers.

"Oh it's definitely been turned on alright." He grabbed the tongs and attempted to touch the steak before it fell apart, "I think artists use these to paint with." He mocked and I felt my face heat up as he stepped closer to me.

He's literally only standing closer to you, calm down. I thought, although there was one part of me that was ecstatic.

Now that we had 120% made up we were back to being the inseparable best friends we always were... Well kinda. Things were a bit different now, like how Callum sat closer to me when we were on the couch, or how when I stood near him my heart pounded so fast I thought if it speeded up I might start to somehow levitate and fly away like a helicopter.

"Okayyyy..." I heard my mom drag out as she glanced over my shoulder, "Callum, I need you to run to the store and buy some hamburger buns..." she paused, "And some more steaks. And while you're out get more fireworks, you can use my card." She said, and Callum frowned as he grabbed the card from her hands, obviously opposing the idea of using my moms money to pay.

"I don't think it's a good idea if Callum goes to get fireworks himself." Sylvia suddenly entered the conversation, "No offense Callum, but knowing your luck your car would probably explode and your death would be more of a grand celebration than a death."

Callum instantly went to go deny that his car couldn't hold up when my mom nodded her head.

"Yeah you're right. You can take Josh's car, which he never drives. I just gotta find the keys." Then aimed to me, "Josh where are the keys?"

I sighed as I walked inside and towards my room.

I wasn't against driving around with Callum, I was just kinda afraid of what we would find in my car which I haven't driven in many many blue moons.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Callum looked at the receipt, "A hundred and fifty dollar receipt for a giant unicorn teddy bear." Callum said, staring at the piece of flimsy paper in front of him.

"It doesn't say that." I grumbled, reaching for it and Callum quickly stuffed it in his back pocket.

"Don't waste time Joshy, we still gotta get fireworks."

We'd already stopped and gotten buns along with more steaks and we're heading on our way to the fireworks stands to get some of the biggest fireworks that they sold.

My car still smelt like Coffee from the one time many years ago that Callum had spilt his pure black coffee in his lap and onto the seats.

Callum opened his door first and I followed, having to run awkwardly to catch up with him.

"So what kind of fireworks do you wanna get?" He asked as we stepped into the tent full of fireworks.

I shrugged, "The big ones." I grabbed his hand and dragged him over to the section that had the bigger fireworks.

Another thing that had changed between us.

Callum pointed to the firework that had a pig in the front of it and frowned, "Did you get any profit from them using your picture?"

My mouth slacked as I kicked him in the shin, "says the guy who one time ate so fast he got it in his nose."

Callum got an offended look on his face, "That was in sixth grade." He defended, finger pointing into the air. "And if we are going all the way back then, who was it that threw the paper at Mrs. McDonald and used the excuse that his arm was spasming?" He asked arms crossed.

I sent him a dumbfounded look, "Callum that was you."

He nodded his head, pointing at me, "Exactly."

"What?" I narrowed my eyes and grabbed the back of Callum's hair, "You make no sense." I said and Callum winced as I twisted his long hair to the point it hurt.

"Stop. I'm trying to grow a mullet." He said, running a hand through his hair.

My mouth fell open, "Hell no you're not."

Callum snickered at my reaction, "Or maybe a bowl cut? That would hot on me right?"

I blinked at him a few times, "Or you can leave your hair as it is now and not ruin your luscious locks."

"Let's be honest Joshy—" god he needs to stop using that stupid nickname, "I would look good in any haircut and even you can't deny it."

I licked my bottom lip in thought. "I've known you for sixteen, almost seventeen years. That's a long time of having to deal with your stupidity and see your face everyday, I can tell you with complete confidence that you, and I'm not bullshitting, would look like a homesless man if you got a mullet."

Callum frowned and grabbed the pig firework, "Now I'm getting a mullet just to make you eat your words."

Oh god what've I done.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once again sorry this chapter is late! To compensate I'll be posting 3 parts of the Fourth of July special!

Did you enjoy?

Comment/vote :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.6K 1.7K 15
الكاتبه : رند السبيعي✍🏼 روايتي الاولى أتمنى تعجبكم واستمتعو...
661K 15.9K 65
sequel to aeou (read first) ✘ ✘ ✘ The boys are back. And they're out for revenge. Last semester the girls of Sterling humiliated Caleb, Luca, Atla...
235K 7K 50
we young & turnt ho.
66.1K 1.5K 78
Harry Potter x female reader °。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。 Cedric Diggory has a younger sister named Y/n and she's starting her fourth year at Hogwarts. H...