Blueberry Pie // James Potter

By QueenieLale

Some people found comfort in sitting next to a fireplace or having someone hold onto them and whisper sweet n... More

extended summary + cast
part one
mixtape #1
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty four
chapter twenty five
chapter twenty six
chapter twenty seven
chapter twenty eight
chapter twenty nine
part two
extended summary + cast
mixtape #2
chapter thirty
chapter thirty two
chapter thirty three
chapter thirty four
chapter thirty five
chapter thirty six
chapter thirty seven
chapter thirty eight
chapter thirty nine
chapter forty
chapter forty one
chapter forty two
chapter forty three
chapter forty four
chapter forty five

chapter thirty one

6.3K 247 47
By QueenieLale

chapter thirty one: a hallowe'en party to remember

The air swirled with autumn leaves and mischief as music pours out of the half-open windows, letting in some of that chilly air that the apartment definitely needed. The Hallowe'en party was in full swing and the booze was flowing through all of their veins. It wasn't an absolute crazy party but everyone seemed to be having a jolly good time with the company that was there and Ozmo was just loving the fact that there were more than two people in the house.

James and Sirius were having a debate about who did the best Hallowe'en prank during their years at Hogwarts with the former and the latter arguing it was them. Remus and Gabi had begun a deep and lovely conversation about her time abroad and how she felt that now her parents were well within the dark lords ranks now. Peter leaned down and played with Ozmo, smiling widely as the dog licked his face. As much as the booze made them all cheery and unbothered, the weight of war still sat on each of their shoulders, they were all just happy to forget about it for a night.

Matilda smiled drunkenly in a conversation about her baked goods with the Longbottoms, a couple that Matilda aspired to be like with their effortless couple charm and obvious connection. It was possible that drunk Matilda had now taken over the reins in her mind but that was something to deal with later. 

"You're gonna have to teach Alice to bake like that!" Frank shouted as he bit into one of her pumpkin-flavored treats.

"Oh, no love. You're the cooker, she'll teach you." Alice let out a melodic laughed and held onto Frank's bicep as they excused themselves, saying they should probably go mingle some more before everyone got too drunk to form a coherent sentence. Matilda believed it was a bit too late for that but she just shrugged and grabbed another drink for herself, planning on mingling as well though she was well and truly drunk by that point.

"Well, if it isn't Mrs. Potter. The war stories we've heard about you and now we finally get to talk in the flesh." Matilda turned and it was not like she even had to ask for their names as the Prewett Twins were well known in their household. 

"I feel as if I should ask for an autograph. You're practically famous in the order, Potter won't shut up about you." The mischievous twins that had absolutely ruined her boys as they tried to one-up them every chance they got usually resulting in disastrous consequences that she had to hear about over and over again.

"No no no, not Mrs. Potter. Miss Matilda Allens, at your service." Matilda did a drunken curtsey even though she was wearing pants and the boys clapped for her, loudly. 

"Oi Potter, do you mind if I take your woman? Since you're not married, I can have her right?" The one Matilda believed was Gideon yelled causing James to turn his head away from his conversation and shout at them. 

"What?!" The twins laughed and turned back to the young woman who let out a hiccup, a slight blush going over her cheeks. Evan and Louisa sat on the couch, laughing at their drunk best friend and the antics she was getting up to. Evan turned back to Louisa with a semi-serious look as their laughter died down. 

"How are you and Sirius? Really? We didn't really get to talk before and I know that Matilda knows all about it already." In all honesty, Louisa could say that she had never been happier and that Sirius, all though being a prick and a bit of a dumbass sometimes, was her best friend in all the best ways. But she had told Evan all of that.

"Was your plan to get me all drunk and then ask me all of your pressing life questions?" Evan pretended to think to himself before nodding confidently.

"Yeah, yeah, that was exactly my plan." Louisa laughed to herself and stared at her man as he dramatically fanned his face midconversation.

"I don't know. I'm happy, of course, and I absolutely adore him. It's just hard, you know. He is working all day, I'm getting ready to work at Hogwarts next year by reading up on all the material and I just worry about him." Evan nodded and wrapped an arm around her, the girl hugging him back instantly and shoving her face in his chest. 

"We missed you." Evan kissed the top of her head as she pulled back, a slight gleam in her eyes. 

"I missed you too. But enough sappy talk. Let's drink some more and forget about all that sad shit." Louisa said, spotting Matilda taking a shot off of a broomstick with the twins. 

"We should've made this years ago!" Matilda laughed, pulling the shot glass from between her lips as she scrunched up her nose, not liking the taste.

"Excuse me, boys. I've got to go talk to my other guests as the good host I am." The Prewetts laughed as she sauntered off toward Louisa and Evan who had stood up and were smiling widely at her. 

"Having fun, are we?" Louisa asked with a raised eyebrow and cheeky smile on her lips. 

"The most! I'm just happy we're all together. The trio reunited once again. Just like old times in the common room although with a few extra people." Matilda threw her arms around her friends and gave them a squeeze before sighing happily.

The night progressed swimmingly as the loud portion of the night died down as Frank and Alice decided to leave around midnight along with Gideon and Fabian soon after. Luckily their apartment was a two-bedroom as Gabi crashed soon as well, tired from her day. Only the Marauders and the trio from Hufflepuff remained.

"I like your friends from the order. They're quite lovely." Matilda smiled as she sat on the arm of her grandmother's old armchair, James sitting happily next to her. The rest began to share stories about some of the things they had done on Hallowe'en in Hogwarts but Matilda only had focus on James as he was quick to pull her off the arm of the chair and into his lap. 

"Yeah, they're great. Going to have to keep Gideon and Fabian away from ya, seems like they'll steal you away from me." Matilda giggled quietly as she felt him quickly give her a kiss on her neck. 

"I don't think anyone could have a chance to steal me away from you, Mr.Potter. Not even close." James stared at her as she rejoined the conversation at hand, James smiling to himself before turning back. It was the perfect night and warmth as well as happiness filled them all as they talked about how they would miss Professor Slughorns teaching. 

"Alright, time for us to go." Sirius smiled as he saw Louisa began to fall asleep on Evan's shoulder. 

"You can stay if you want!" Matilda offered, knowing it was slightly impractical.

"It's alright, we're only just up the road. But we'll pop down in the morning if this one is not too hungover." Louisa glared as she woke herself up and stood up with him, Remus and Peter deciding now was probably also a better time to get going. The three said their goodbyes to the group, hugging them all and hoping to see them tomorrow morning.

"Night." Matilda hugged Evan one last time before he walked up to join his wife, leaving James and Matilda to look at their trashed place and Ozmo, having already jumped on the couch, sleeping soundly. They knew that it simply would take a flick of a wand to clean but the two simply wrapped an arm around each other and climbed up the stairs to their room. 

"We've gotta have people over more." James laughed slightly as he changed causing Matilda to roll her eyes.

 "Love, we have your friends here almost every week." Still a little bit drunk, James pouted as Matilda slipped on a silk gown, coming up behind her in his plaid pajama pants. He slipped her hands around her waist and rested his head on her shoulder as they looked outside their window at the quiet streets that were below. 

"Marry me." Matilda's heart seemed to leap out of her chest as she felt his fingers do circles on her hip. He knew that always made her weak at the knees.

"What?!" She asked quietly, licking her lips before feeling his hands leave her making her feel cold. 

"James, if you're messing about I swear I will hex you." Matilda turned to see the absolute love of her life down on one knee in front of her, a nervous look in his eye as he brought out a small blue velvet box from his pocket, opening it.

"Marry me." Matilda felt her lips open in shock as she looked at him before slowly sinking to her knees and letting the tears that had gathered in her eyes, finally fall.

"Yes. Of course." Matilda pulled his head forward, pressing her lips to his, tasting her salty tears. James pulled her close to him, the ring still tightly clasped in his hand. The two separated Matilda, crying and laughing at the same time as he grabbed her hand and slipped the ring onto her finger. It was simple with a silver band and a light sapphire placed delicately into the middle.

"I love you so much, James Potter." Matilda sobbed as she launched herself into his arms, clutching him so hard that she was almost scared she would crush him. 

"And I love you, Matilda Allens, soon-to-be, Potter."

I've become so sappy oh my lord, lockdown is making me a lil bitch, I swear. I hope you're all doing alright and are safe as I know some places in the world have been progressing whilst unfortunately some are still struggling badly. Remember to wash your hands, wear a mask and try not to go crazy! I just started crocheting a sweater (yes, it's the harry styles sweater sue me) and it's going to take forever.

Thanks, Queenie.
(UNEDITED)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.7K 1.8K 16
────────────────── .Λšα΅Žβ”Š π—Œπ—π—‹π–Ίπ—‡π—€π–Ύπ—‹π—Œ ⋆.ೃ࿔:ο½₯❝ π‘ π‘‘π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘›π‘”π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘  π‘‘π‘œ π‘“π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘’π‘›π‘‘π‘ , π‘“π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘’π‘›π‘‘π‘  π‘–π‘›π‘‘π‘œ π‘™π‘œπ‘£π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘ , π‘‘β„Žπ‘’π‘› π‘ π‘‘π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘›π‘”...
3.6K 94 30
"The only way people see me Black, is what they are supposed to see," Hallie muttered, tears prickling at the corners of her eyes. "It's hardly a com...
1.1M 34.1K 55
Pragma: long lasting love. Love that requires true commitment that comes from understanding, compromise and tolerance. It is referred to as "standing...
1.9M 72.9K 54
*:ο½₯゚✧*:ο½₯゚✧. Valentine Lotus was a rare girl; wickedly smart and constantly sweet. That is, unless, you get on her bad side, which James Potter jus...