Eye for an Eye

By AutumnLeighxo

{Sequel to The Deal} Hope is back with vengeance. Every single person who had the audacity to threaten her a... More

Chapter 1: Unexpected Return.
Chapter 2: He's The Spy.
Chapter 3. Lip Biting.
Chapter 4: We Are Not Killing Him... Yet.
Chapter 5: The Phone Call.
Chapter 6: Mafia.
Chapter 7: I'm Going To Miss You So Much Baby Girl.
Chapter 8: Breakups & Rebound Sex.
Chapter 9: Cut A Bitch.
Chapter 10: I Won't Hesitate To Break Your Fingers.
Chapter 11: Satisfying My Needs.
Chapter 12: My Locket.
Chapter 13: The Mafia Ball.
Chapter 14: The shooting.
Chapter 15: Happy Memory.
Chapter 16: The proposal.
Chapter 17: My sister.
Chapter 18: No, I'm much worse.
Chapter 19: The Truth.
Chapter 20: Jace Porter.
Chapter 21: Time to say goodbye.
Chapter 22: Moving On.
Chapter 23: Siblings
Chapter 24: I'm Fucked In The Head
Chapter 25: Surrounded By Idiots
Chapter 26: Oops
Chapter 27: I Don't Deserve You
Chapter 28: My Idiots In Shining Armour
Chapter 29: They've got her.
Chapter 30: I see you.
Chapter 31: Let The Darkness In.
Chapter 32: Surprises
Chapter 33: I Know How You Think
Chapter 34: Feelings
Chapter 35: Never Have I Ever
Chapter 36: Morning Shenanigans
Chapter 36: Remembering
Chapter 37: Broken
He's The Damon To Your Elena
Chapter 39: All Revealed
Chapter 40: The Huntress
Chapter 42: Mrs King
Chapter 43: War
Chapter 44: Breaking Promises
Chapter 45: Green Eyes
Chapter 45: Loss
Chapter 46: Heartache
Chapter 47: Never Ending

Chapter 41: I'm Afraid Of Falling

160 9 8
By AutumnLeighxo

It's been nearly a week now since I found out Noah was the one working with my uncle, for what reason I don't know. I didn't even know they knew each other.

I haven't seen Callum since he kissed me, haven't heard anything from him and nobody else has. West and I have mutually agreed to put the past and feelings behind us for the sake of Mila.

At the end of the day, she deserves both mum and dad in her life, and I never want her to see us fight. All I want is to keep her away from as much violence for as long as I can.

I've been in constant meetings trying to run my gang, sorting out weapons, making sure other gangs around the world get their shipments on time. It's becoming quite difficult as I'm also partially running Xavier's mafia.

When he left he left his little inner gang with me, I've become quite close to Rhett over the past week now. We get on like a house on fire.

Reagen has been dragging me wedding dress shopping every chance she gets, pulling me in every single store we walk past. Quite literally making me try on every wedding dress insight, even if it's hideous.

She rants on about how it has to be absolutely breathtaking for Xavier, but the lingerie has to make Xavier quite literally rip it into shreds off my body.

Let's just say I blushed a lot that day because she was adamant in seeing me wear it and wouldn't let me leave till I purchased one.

I get married tomorrow, and I can't believe how nervous I am. Xavier is due home today and I still haven't found Noah even with Ryan's help.

Everything is just too quiet, no one has made a move to attack any of us. I've had to increase security for our wedding and I've told everyone to have a weapon on them at all times.

Xavier doesn't know about Noah and I pulled the short straw on who has to be the one to break the news to him.

Dominic and Rhett pointed out it's best I tell him anyway because if he gets mad I can just show him my boobs, that always works apparently.

Men are idiots.

Xavier wants to take me on a little date the day before our wedding, get to know each other more. I'm quite excited to just spend some time together without anyone else around.

Right now I was walking around town with Mila to find her a bridesmaid dress for the wedding. My dress has already been bought and kept far away from my clumsy self.

She was fast asleep so I decided to grab a coffee with a blueberry muffin and say down for some peace and quiet.

There weren't many people sitting inside with the bright yellow sun out, no clouds in the light blue sky. My skin was warm from the heat and it definitely made shopping a harder task.

Minding my own business as I looked through my phone, Milas pram to the side facing me I didn't notice a presence nearing my table. When I heard take a seat in front of me without saying a word I gazed up and locked eyes with ones similar to Xaviers.

"Noah"

"Nice to see you again Hope"

"I could think of a million other people I'd rather see then your smug face" I spoke with a bored tone.

Noah leaned back into his seat and crossed his arms over his chest, his gaze never leaving my way.

"I see you got your brat back" He hummed.

I already want to kill him.

"Speak about her again and I'll scold you with my coffee" My voice was harsh.

"reel the claws back in I'm not here to kill you... yet, but I thought I'd just come and say hello seen as you've been struggling to find me. Thought I'd show you how easy it is for me to find you" Noah was now leaning on the table, his tone was condescending.

As I peered around the room I pulled Milas pram closer to me and then took a sip of my drink, looking over the rim to see his straight face.

"I'm not stupid, last time I was here I noticed two morons who seemed very intrigued by me. Jace mentioned they worked with West which means they work for my uncle, and well you as well. I know when I'm being followed Noah, you really should step up your game and maybe hire someone who has more than one brain cell"

The look on his face was priceless, he turned his head to the side where the two men he hired to follow me stood and motioned with his head to leave.

"Now why do you want me dead and how the fuck do you know Harry?" I tapped my finger on my cup.

A rowdy bunch of teenagers came into the shop singing away and laughing in hysterics, all ordered cold coffees, and ice tea. Although you still get that one person who has a warm drink no matter the weather.

"I'll let you figure that out, can't give anything away, can I? But I will say don't worry about us ambushing the wedding, we will let you have your little five minutes of happiness with my brother till I kill every last person who you care for, including your daughter whilst you watch and then ill make sure you suffer before I rip your heart out" By the time he had finished, Mila was starting to wake up.

I stood up abruptly and pulled the collar of his shirt till he was leaning across the table right in front of me. My coffee had spilled all over his clothes now, probably burning his skin.

Serves him right.

"If you took anybody I love I will personally see to it that you are kept alive in my cells, slowly hacking away at your body till the pain becomes too much you beg for me to end it all. Have you ever had swallowed bleach, had acid poured onto your skin? No? Well, I can promise you that you will if you fuck with me Noah" I let go of his top and smiled sweetly.

"See ya... oh and I'd leave town if I was you. If you think I'm scary wait till your brother finds out what you did because I won't hold him back"

With that I left the shop with Mila and started walking down the street, the wind brushing against my skin and whipping my hair over my shoulders.

Nobody was around in this part of town, I could hear the birds chirping away and the water trickling down the river. Surrounded by sunflowers and bluebells. Everything here was beautiful, one of the only places that didn't get vandalized.

As I turned a corner two cars pulled up in front of me blocking my path, and that's when Noah stepped out with some others. All wearing black with a gun in each hand.

"I don't take too kindly in being threatened Hope, there were so many times that I could have killed you but your uncle made me wait, telling me it isn't the right time. Your mum didn't listen but she still couldn't manage to kill you so I killed her instead and now I want you dead. Think this is the perfect opportunity don't you think... "

He looked down at my baby who was now against my chest, cuddling me as she tried to hide away from him.

"to kill two birds with one stone"

I stepped to the side trying to shield Mila away, I didn't want her seeing this. She's just an innocent baby caught in my world, she didn't ask for this.

"I will rip you apart if you touch a hair on her head, pretty fucking pathetic trying to kill an innocent child who's no threat to you. You have a problem with me so you deal with me, not her"

Mila started to cry, her warm tears soaking into my top. I tried to hush her, humming a soothing melody in her ear.

Noah started to laugh "Don't think you should be dishing out threats sweetheart seen as it's six against one. You aren't making this out alive"

I was ambushed, there was no way out and there wasn't much I could do with my daughter clinging onto me.

"She's not alone"

They all turned to see Xavier who was calmly walking towards his brother, his inner circle with him as well as Miles and Jace.

"Brother, how nice of you to join us" I could hear a little trembled in his words.

Now he was scared.

Good.

"I'm going to give you five seconds to leave my sight before I drag you back with me and trust me I'll make sure you suffer in ways you couldn't even imagine" He snarled in his brother's face, slightly towering over him.

The others held starlight faces watching the scene until I noticed Jace give me half a smile.

"4, 3, 2.."

Noah pushed his brother and spat on the floor.

"Come on" He yelled, and they all left in the cars without turning back.

I placed Mila back in her seat with my phone, letting her watch some videos before walking over to them.

"Smug bastard" Rhett called after Noah.

"Shut up ya idiot" his sister shot back, slapping the back of his head which started an argument between them both.

"Miles can you please take Mila, I need to have a word with my bride to be back at the house" Xavier demanded, and boy did he look pissed.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me towards his car without uttering a word.

Well, this is going to be fun.
____________________

"Why on earth did you think it was a good idea to go out alone, with Mila when you both have a target on your head?"

Xavier was pacing back and forward as he loosened his tie and unbuttoned the top of his shirt after he threw his Blazer off.

We were both in his office, I was sat in his large very comfortable chair as he stood near the very large glass window with the most beautiful view.

His hair was messy from its usual neat style like he had run his fingers through it repeatedly.

Xavier always looked perfect, not a single blemish or scar on his face. Although I've noticed a few on his back which looked to be quite deep. I've never asked him about it though, I also have scars, some deeper than others.

"Look Noah wasn't going to do anything, the only reason he ambushed me was because I pissed him off. I know he won't do anything, I've sorted everything out whilst you've been away"

"That's not the point Hope"

Well he's definitely mad, his usual name for me is love.

"The point is you could have been killed today if we didn't show up. It's a good thing your brother put a tracker on your phone"

"He did what" I spluttered.

I planted my feet firmly on the ground and stood up to my full height and spun on my heel to leave the room.

"I'm going to kill that stupid, overprotective, fucking..." Before I could leave Xavier pulled me back into him.

We were now chest to chest, the top of his body exposed right in front of him as he peered down at me. His hand held mine and he brought it towards his lips and delicately placed little kisses on the back of my hand.

My hand tingled from the contact-making me numb, my chest tightened as I got lost in his perfect brown eyes that shined so bright.

"I like you, Hope, you've broken the wall down that I built up from when I was just a child. To be honest I never expected to feel a connection with you, at the beginning you were just a deal that we made, nothing more. I wasn't looking to start anything with you but somehow you made me question what I wanted... "

My hand was pressed against his chest, his skin spreading sparks against mine as his other lay against my cheek.

"I never thought I was ready for love, well I don't think anyone is ever ready but when someone makes you feel alive again it's kind of worth the risk"

I looked to the side avoiding his eyes, all thoughts of Callum washed away and all I could think about was this man in front of me.

"What are you afraid of love?" He asked softly.

I gulped and dropped my head so he couldn't see how broken and afraid I was.

"I'm afraid of falling" I managed to say without my voice cracking.

Xavier made me look at him, he was smiling at me showing off a little crinkle near his eye.

"I'll catch you"

Our lips connected and suddenly I felt more alive.

We had our little date night, he cooked me such a fantastic meal and made us strawberries dipped in chocolate for when we watched a movie together in the living room. The fire burning away, lighting the room up with flickers of orange.

We laughed together, spoke about our lives and our families even though now he didn't have one. His brothers were the only ones left, well apart from me now. He said he can't wait to get to know Mila.

As I lay in his arms, both of us silent and making the most of it because let's face it there was always something happening. Soon he had to leave as the wedding is tomorrow, we can't get ready together as its bad luck to see the bride.

I knew at this very moment who I wanted.

Xavier King is the man I want to spend the rest of my life with.

Hope finally made a decision!

Are you happy with it?

Who hates Noah?

Please vote and comment.

Ciao! X

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.8M 151K 36
(18+) "My mom is coming home any minute" I moan against his lips, my hands tugging up his shirt that covered his tone body "Ya sè" His deep, sexy v...
154K 2.8K 27
Sequel to: The Gang Leader Meats His Mafia Father- In- Law ___________________ You need to read the first story to understand this story :) ________...
182K 3.7K 50
Completed (Needs Editing) Love, lust, an age gap, a mafia and a love triangle. Will this love heal or wreck them? __________________________________...
5.1K 414 28
-A MAFIA ROMAMCE- -3rd in the DAYDREAM AWARDS! - ~β€’~ "Elijah!" my sister ran back into the cafΓ© as I finished paying for our order we had, worry was...