Catching Wire [The Miraculous...

Door Mystic_Raven20

I'm Marinette Dupain-Cheng and I won the 74th Miraculous Games as Ladybug with my partner Chat Noir. Hawkmoth... Meer

One
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two

Two

233 15 0
Door Mystic_Raven20

Sitting over the opposite side of my study is a man wearing purple. A purple shirt, a blazer and purple head gear. He trails my movements with his narrow slit eyes, as I approach the desk.

"Take a seat, Ladybug." The coldness of his voice sends a shiver from the top of my head to the tips of my toes. As I approach the chair opposite him I feel a swirl begin in my stomach. To receive a personal visit from President Hawkmoth is not usually seen as a good sign. The atmosphere in the room was as dark as the day was becoming, I'm fear taking my eyes from him in case he strikes like the snake that he is.

"So, how's your little ... romance?" He says romance like poison sinking slowly into my skin.

"What is happening between Adrien and I is none of your business!" I stand my ground firmly, my life has nothing to do with him.

"Now, now, little bug. I think we should make a deal before we continue. I haven't got the time to play games with you."

"What deal we that be, President Hawkmoth?" I put as much venom in my voice as possible.

"I suggest we promise not to lie to each other. Things will become ..." he picks up a pen off the table and inspects it before slamming it down, "messy if we do. So, I'll ask you again. What is happening between you and the cat?"

I keep my eyes directed towards Hawkmoth. I cannot let him see the fear coursing through every inch of my body.

"We're taking in slow."

"Well after your ... performance ... in the arena I had nothing to do but let you play out your little 'lucky charm' scenario. You were both good I have to admit. Playing to the strength of both your kwami's, two halves of a whole. You convinced the Capitol, unfortunately not all the districts fell for it. People viewed your lucky trick with the berries as an act of defiance, not as an act of love. And if a girl from District 12 can defy the Capitol, what's to prevent anyone else? An uprising leading to a revolution, collapsing the system."

"If a few berries can bring it down, it must be fragile." I speak softly.

He stands up and walks to the window.

"Just imagine thousands of your people dead. Your town becomes just ash. This is all just a game. Would you want a real war?"

"No." I respond.

"I didn't think so, neither do I." He turns back to me with a smile on his face, it sent a shiver down my spines. He picks up a cookie from the plate on my desk. "These are good. Did your mother make them?"

"Adrien."

"He's a lovely boy." His smile drops as does my heart.

"Why don't you just get rid of me and kill me now?" We begin a staring match and I'm determined not to lose.

"Killing you is not my prerogative. I want us to be friends, and if not friends then allies."

"What do you want me to do?" I finally blink but don't look away.

"On the tour you need to smile and be grateful. You and Adrien must show that you would end it all you're that madly in love. Can you do that?"

"Yes, we can convince them."

"No, not them Ms. Dupain-Cheng. Convince me. For the sake of your loved ones."

He stands up to leave before turning back to me.

"How's your friend by the way? Does Adrien know about your secret rendezvous'?" He positions a smirk on his face and I can tell behind the mask he has pulled one eyebrow up. The look in his eyes seem slightly familiar, I just can't place it.

He closes the door behind him and I drop lower into the chair breathing out a sigh I didn't know I was holding onto. The feelings between Adrien and I are true; I just didn't want to rush and mess it up for us. The way I feel about Adrien scares me. I can't go a day without seeing him now. There's been a few times since we've arrived back from the games when I'd sneak over to his house in the night just to lie with him. I feel so safe when we're together, I have the best nights sleep. We talk, we have fun but we are yet to court or kiss properly since The Games final interviews. Every time we seem to be close to that point I just can't follow through. Adrien is so kind and patient with me, I just hope I don't push him away.

A knock at the door pulls me out of my tangled thoughts of Adrien Agreste.

"Your prep team are here, Marinette."

"Thanks, Mama."

I walk out the study and see my prep team plus Nadja in the hallway.

"Oh darling," she walks to me and puts her arms around me in a hug, "what have you done to your hair?"

I stretch up and pull my fingers threw my knotted hair.

"Oh no, Marinette, don't touch it!" Audrey walks up to me and drags me upstairs to the bathroom. My prep team start running the bath and place something in there that smells like ... strawberries.

After stripping my mud laced clothing off me, I step into the bath tub as they scrub me down and begin on my hair removal. A thick cream is pasted all over my hair and my nails are scrubbed and filed to perfection.

Once out the bath my hair is braided over the front of my head like a crown and then pulled into a high ponytail at the back. Audrey approaches me with an outfit. Black leggings with thigh high laced heel boots, a long sleeve khaki tee and a fur lined coat. Audrey brushes me off with a lint brush before we head downstairs.

"Ok Marinette, you have about 30 seconds. Try and smile." Nadja exclaims as she opens the door. The camera crew are standing in between mine and Adrien's houses. They have choreographed a meet for us where we walk down the steps and into the centre of the Victor's Village. There's a thin ice layer over the pathway meaning I have to take extra care in the heels that Audrey has placed me in.

Keeping calm, I take a deep breath and start making my way to the centre. I keep my gaze firmly on the ground to make sure I don't misjudge my steps. Focusing on any clumps of ice or rocks on my way I delicately place my feet in safe positions. Unbeknownst to me, Adrien started walking at the same time.

"Mari ..." his voice came too late as I crashed head first into him, toppling us both down to the floor.

"Sorry." I mumble as I push up on my hands, leaving our bodies connected against the cold floor.

The warmth radiating from him is hypnotising and I want to just stay here for a little while longer. His green eyes cloud in desire and all I can think about is how much I want to be with him. I lean down connecting our lips, the weeks of waiting pouring out of me as I claim his mouth with my own.

"OK, lovebirds, save that for later." Alec's voice comes from a monitor positioned in front of us. At the moment all districts have mandatory viewing of us leaving for the Victor's Tour. I stand up and offer Adrien my hand for support. He takes it as he stands up and then wraps one arm around my waist. "So, how is everything?" Alec continues.

"We're good." Adrien replies looking deep in my eyes, I can tell he's looking for an answer regarding the kiss that just happened. I could stay looking at him forever, his face genuinely is beautiful.

"Good? Come on, Adrien. Give us some more details."

I fluster and bury my head into Adrien's chest before looking back at the camera.

"Everything's good here in District 12." Adrien continues.

"Thanks to the Capitol's generosity we've never been closer." I state giving my best smile to the camera.

"Twenty-Five yards to be exact." Adrien gleamed back at me. Losing myself in his emerald eyes, I put one hand behind his head and pull his lips down onto mine. I am seriously addicted.

Alec laughs and our prep crews all 'awwww' at the display of affection. I've missed Adrien's lips so much. As I pull back I look at Adrien's face. His eyes are still closed and I can tell he's trying to steady his breath.

Alec pulls our attention back to the screen.

"Fantastic! We'll be checking up on you throughout the victory tour. Thank you so much Marinette Dupain-Cheng and Adrien Agreste, now you can continue where you were." He let out a laugh as my face went to radioactive heats.

"Thank you, Alec." Adrien places a hand under my chin and lifts my mouth to meet his. The kiss continues as Nadja walks towards us, the interview is over yet our lips remain locked in a vicious battle. I move my hands to Adrien's hair to deepen the kiss.

"Wonderful! Wonderful!" She pulls the two of us apart. "Say your goodbyes, we're out of here in ten."

Adrien scratches the back of his neck, he's nervous.

"They were some kisses." He says shyly.

"Stay with me tonight and perhaps we can do it again." I wink at him as I go to say goodbye to Mama and Manon. As I reach my door I look back and see Adrien rooted to the spot with his mouth gaping. He's adorable!

I quickly give my mama and Manon a hug, and kiss on the cheek before letting them know Luka will be visiting on Sundays.

"Come on boys and girls! The train awaits."

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

240K 5.8K 30
"What is Marinette doing?" Adrien said. This was the fifth time she rejected his invitation to hangout and she was avoiding him at school. There was...
38.6K 1.4K 6
Adrien Agreste is different. He was born with a curse. He could kill and destroy anything he touched. Ignored and misunderstood by his father, he bel...
3K 99 17
When Adrien finds out his dad is Hawkmoth after arguing with him about who made the scarf. While storming out the door his father reveals himself as...
207K 8.1K 57
𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗣𝗟𝗘𝗧𝗘𝗗: 13th SEPTEMBER 2016 𝗦𝗘𝗤𝗨𝗘𝗟: A MIRACULOUS FUTURE (Completed in 2021) Marinette Dupain-Cheng is Paris's infamous superhero...