The One Who Came

By BitchyCookies

Alpha Ivan Black is tired of waiting for his mate. He has spent 8 long years in the midst of loneliness which... More

Introduction
Chapters in order
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58

Chapter 11

3.7K 137 6
By BitchyCookies

Narrator's POV

Karter woke up in his empty bed which he remembers sleeping in with his lovely mate. The boy stretched out his hands to run them on the heavily scented bed sheets. He felt a hollow feeling in his heart and swallowed down the dreading emotions the Omega was experiencing due to the absence of his newly founded mate. 

Karter could hear the family moving around the house and he instantly turned his head towards his alarm clock to see the time. It was half-past 7 and he was surprised that his mother didn't come to wake hi-

"Get your bum up, Kar!" On the queue, his mother shouted as she knocked on the door. "You awake?!" She shouted again.

"Yeah, mama, I'm awake!" Karter said, a little annoyed.

"Come down for breakfast, Luna William will be here soon." Her footsteps were fading as Karter got up from his warm, inviting bed and forced himself to go to the bathroom. The boy was quick to take care of his business and brush his teeth before he headed downstairs to the noisy kitchen.

"Good morning." He mumbled while he sat down on the chair beside Kayne. The Omega had no energy as he slept really late last night.

"So enthusiastic for your mating ceremony, Kar." Kayne chuckled. "I expected you to be a little nervous." 

Karter's eyes got visibly wide as the information sunk in. The boy totally forgot about the ceremony. How could he forget about something like that! Karter miserably thought. He could feel his heart in his throat.

"Hey, calm down. I reckon you didn't have the ceremony on your mind or the fact that you are gonna be the Luna of the pack and now I'm making it worse by talking, aren't I?" Kayne looked at his mother who came to him just to smack the back of his head with her spatula.

"You just can't stop talking." Their father signed behind his newspaper as his mate went behind their son who was very busy freaking out.

"It's going to be alright, love." Anna whispered to him as she leaned down to kiss his temple. Unfortunately,  she can't do anything other than assure him and be with him for the day. The nervousness is a part of the experience and the woman calculated that it was better than her son will go through this mainly on his own. "Take a deep breath." She instructed and watched him follow. "It's your big day, baby. I don't want you to spend it worrying and getting nervous about pointless things." She soft said, pressing their faces side by side. 

"I can't help it." He whimpered.

"I know, baby." She truthfully said. "You just gotta live the moment, sweet pea." The woman was going to say something else but the front door ran, interrupting the moment. 

"Do you think he's here?" Kayne asked his mother as he got up to open the door.

"Yeah." She smiled, looking forwards to meet the nice Omega. They both formed a friendship yesterday which was an honor for the Female Beta.

"I'll go!" Karter hurried before Kayne could even step out of the kitchen. Everyone in the family knew Karter will be alright. Though he was shy and timid, the boy also was very determined and ambitious.

"Good morning." Karter said as he opened the door to see his future father-in-law smiling softly.

"Good morning, love." Willian stepped inside and gestured to the female Alpha who was behind him to get in as well. "I had Suzan help me with some gifts I got for you and your family." After that, Karter noticed the two bags he was holding and the other 5-6 the girl had in her arms. 

"Oh Goddess, you didn't have to." Karter said, feeling his neck and his whole face starting to get red.

"Don't worry about that, love. Most of the things were passed down to me from Lucas' mother so I had to give them to you." The man said with a gentle smile. "Oh hello Anna." William rushed to hug Anna who returned the gesture excitedly. "So I saw this beautiful bracelet on my way back yesterday and I think you'll love it." He said with excitement laced in his tone.

"You didn't have you, William!" She had the same reaction as Karter as she looked at the numerous bags on the table. 

"I smell bacons." He skillfully shifted the conversation on food and headed to the kitchen. 

"Did you had breakfast?" Anan asked.

-----------

"And that's for you, John." William handed a box to Karter's father which was similar to what Kayne got. 

So far, Kayne has received a beautiful watch and brooch, Anna got a bracelet and a set of elegant diamond earrings. John opened the boxes and his gifts were also similar to his oldest son's

"That's too much." Anna pleaded.

"Nonsense." William said. "You can repay me by cooking your famous peach pie anytime." He winked at her.

"I don't think that will suffice it but, as you wish." 

Bags which belonged to Karter were still untouched because he couldn't find it in himself to open them. 

"It's okay, love. You open them whenever you want." He remembered William say as he was hesitant to touch the 4 bags. "I know it's different from what you expected, believe me, I understand. You can open them tomorrow or the day after tomorrow or the next week, whenever you feel comfortable." He patted his back and moth males got distracted by Kayne's loud gasps after opening his gift.

The Alpha girl left instantly after leaving the gift and congratulated Karter. The five werewolves ate breakfast together and shared a few laughs and moved to the living room.

-------

"Henry will be here soon." William said after looking at his watch. Anna, William, and Karter went to the kitchen to clean it. The ex Luna insisted on helping them which was denied at first but the Omega was persuasive and got his way. "He'll help you with waxing, moisturizing, and everything you need for today, honey." The older Omega laughed after watching Karter shifted his gaze in embarrassment. 

At 8:30 the doorbell rang and the three were still in the kitchen, enjoy a cup of tea, and heard Kayne open the door. 

"I bet that's him." William stood up and grabbed the teacup before Karter could do the job. "You go with him, I'll follow you." Karter hesitantly agreed.

Karter was met with a small man standing awkwardly a few feet away from them. He looked in his late 20's and was even shorter than Karter's 5'7 figure. "I'm Henry, it's nice to meet you, Luna." Henry bowed his head a little low when the two reached him.

"Ni-nice to m-meet you too." Karter replied, not used to someone talking to him with such respect in their voice. They moved further into the house as more people with various objects were following Henry.

"C-congratulation." Henry shyly said while stealing glances at Karter.

"Thank you." Both of them were painfully timid and edgy so being alone wasn't helping the situation.

"Come one, lead us to your room, honey." William said to Karter after he came back with Anna. Karter nodded and led the three to his small room. As they were walking, three other Omegas started to walk behind him with 2 clothing racks by their sides.

"Um, these are my team members. They will help you decide on your clothes." Henry said while following Karter. The three Omegas smiled at Karter as he turned around to see them. "Mia, Poppy, and Arlo." He introduced them after they entered Karter's room. The two girls shyly waved but the boy reached out to shake Karter's hand with full force. "The rest of my team will be here shortly to get others ready." Anna and William smiled at him and muttered their thanks. Karter understood that because he was the Alpha's mate, not only he will be getting special treatment but his family as well.

"Congratulation Luna. My name is Alro and I'm so excited to design your clothes. You just have to tell me if you want a dress or a suit and I will give you the best designs I have ever made. You are Luna of our pack so I will do my best so you'll have the best mating ceremony in history! Did I tell you I'm a designer? Well, my name is Alro and I'm a designer. I've always liked fashion so it wasn't a surp-" The one who stopped the rambling was Henry, who pulled Alro back.

"I don't think it's necessary to tell Luna your biography right now." He told Alro who thought for a second and he considers speaking something but was his mouth was covered by Poppy.

"We are sorry for him. He's VERY talkative." Karter timidly nodded his head but the awkwardness vanished from the air because of Alro's rambling. Anna and William were laughing at the Omega who was currently pouting heavily. Karter noticed that he was energetic and outgoing for an Omega, but again, he shouldn't have assumed. "Let's discuss the clothes first so they can be done while we are taking care of other things." Everyone agreed with Henry's suggestion so they scattered around the room and settled. 

Karter sat on his bed along with his mother and soon-to-be father-in-law. Alro pulled a chair close to Karter and opened a few notebooks. There were beautiful suits and dresses for Omegas for the mating ceremony. Karter's heart started to beat faster as he looked through the clothes. He couldn't believe it was happening. He's gonna be mated, married, become one with the Alpha of his pack. His mate was a loving, caring, and strong Alpha who has shown nothing but an unconditional commitment to Karter.

"Do you prefer a dress or suit?" Alro asked as he flipped through the pages. It wasn't unusual for male Omegas to wear dresses on special occasions. Their bodies, in most cases, are slender, petite, and 'feminine.

"I want to wear a suit." Karter replied in a small voice. He liked wearing dresses and 'girly' clothes occasionally but for this event, a suit rather seems right to him.

"Alright. Alpha will be wearing a black suit, what do you favor for yourself?" Alro distracted said, his attention mainly on his designs.

"What do you think?" Karter shyly asked his mother and William, who were busy flipping through other designs.

"I don't know, love. It's your choice." Anna said.

"Yeah, whatever seems right to you." William replied.

"What did you wear in your ceremony?" Karter asked William.

"I wore a silver suit while Lucas wore a cream white suit." William said, putting the designs aside and gave all his attention to Karter.

"Hmmm." Karter went back to looking at the suit designs for Omegas. He was scared because, even though all the suits were dead gorgeous, he couldn't find The One.

"If you don't favor these, tell me what you are thinking about and I'll see if I can alter the suits I already have. It will hardly take 2 hours." Alro suggested and Karter immediately felt better since he had an idea of what he wanted.

"I think I would like that." Karter gave Alro an excited smile.

"Okay great. Let me grab my drawing pad." He pulled out a blank pad and a black pencil.

(Here's a picture of the sketch they end up with, *They are from The Untamed*. Also credits to the owner for the pictures I have used, I got them all from Pinterest ) 

(This fanart of course doesn't belong to me, I found it on Pinterest. Whoever made it is dead-ass talented. The two guys are from the Chinese drama "The Untamed" BTW)

"You'll look gorgeous in that, honey." Anna said after looking at the results.

"I think ruffled sleeves will go better with the extravagant veil." Alro said as he finished drawing the veil. 

"I can see that." Willian said after analyzing the sketch.

"I think so too." Karter added.

"I think a net shirt underneath the white suit would complement the lace." The designer further said. "I have plenty right now. Let me grab them." Alro stood up and went to the racks. He came back with a  few see-through shirts. 

At last, they chose a simple white vest with a few rhinestones here and there. "I mind linked someone from the office to bring all white shoes they can find. They'll be here in several minutes." Alro packed up his things and stood up. "I should leave now. I'll be back with the clothes in 2 hours."  

"Thank you so much." Karter hugged Alro, which surprised the latter.

"No need to thank me, Luna. It's an honor to work for you." Alro said as they parted. "See you later." He happily waved to everyone and went out with Poppy, who carried the racks with him.

"Now that is set, let's get your body ready for the clothes." William winked at Karter which made him scratch his head shyly. "I think we should leave for that." He said to Anna who chuckled but nodded nevertheless.

"Can you both select the shoes for me?" Karter asked the two.

"Sure, love, we'll find the perfect one go with your clothes," William said, kissed Karter on the cheek, and left the room.

"I'll see you, baby boy." Anna kissed Karter on the forehead and went after William. Those two were getting along so well and Karter was very thankful for that. 

"We have all the things ready, Luna." Henry said. While they were discussing the clothes, Henry, Mia, and Poppy were preparing the skincare stuff. "We'll wax your arms and legs first so please take off your..." Henry's face was red after he finished, and Karter wasn't any different. 

Omega's don't grow thick hairs, but it is necessary to have nothing on an Omega's body before a mating ceremony. Karter, reluctantly took off his shirt as they shifted the stuff over to the bed. After a painful hour, his body was completely hairless and smooth. 

"You can take a shower and moisturize your whole body with this." Henry said while giving Karter several bottles. He then started to help Mia clear their 'station'. Karter nodded and put on his basketball shorts. "Here." He was handed a white fluffy robe and was sent to the bathroom with extravagant body products along with new underwear. 

Karter was so invested in the clothes and preparations for the ceremony, Ivan got off his mind. But now that he is aware of the fact that his mate has been away for more than 4 hours, his wolf started to whine. Not only Ivan has been away for a long period of time, but he was very far away as well.

After taking a deep breath, Karter proceeded to shower and used all the products. He felt on top of the world after he finished. He had no body hair, not even down there since he shaved while in the shower. His skin was smooth because of the moisturizer he was provided and his hair was silky. Karter wore the robe and exited the bathroom. 

Henry and Mia had laid numerous products, which Karter wasn't aware of, on his study table. As they saw Karter coming out, they rushed to him and sat him on the chair. Mia worked fast and got on drying Karter's hair with a  blow dryer while Henry started to paint his nails with clear nail polish.

"Tell me if you don't like something I do with your makeup." Henry said when his hair was dried and was back to looking curly and fluffy. The older Omega male put a light amount of the foundation on his face and started to blend it in. A small amount of highlighter and a bit of clear gloss completed the 'makeup'. Mia was up next on this little conquest of theirs. She braided tiny braids here and there which gave him a cute look. 

"Mmm, some pins will look good on you." she explained. 

"Oh, I do have hairpins Mathew gave me for my birthday, maybe we could use them. " Karter said shyly as he remembered the gift which was given to him on his birthday by the Beta. 

"That's perfect." Mia exclaimed and clapped with excitement. 

Karter went to his cupboard and got the pins from a drawer. "Here." he gave her the pins watched her put them on his curly hair. As he looks in the mirror, Karter thought that he never looked better. 

The makeup looked so natural and his hair looked good for the first time in his life. The boy always had problems putting his messy hair in place. "Thank you. Everything looks amazing." Karter smiled at both of them gratefully.

 They heard a knock on the door and Anna's voice was heard saying, "Karter's clothes are here!" and then proceeded to come in followed by two people with a clothing rack. Anna walked over to Karter and admired him while she rambled about how pretty he looked. She was dressed in a beautiful green dress lathered with shiny beads. He makeup was done beautifully as well as her hair. 

"You look so beautiful, my little pup. I can't believe you are going to be mated and going off so soon. It was just yesterday when you came crying to me about how you were scared to sleep alone." she said while she wiped some tears that gathered in her eyes. 

"Mama, don't cry. It's not like you can't see me whenever you want. As dramatic as ever, my dear mother." Karter assured his mother as he hugged her. "I love you."

"Okay okay, let's see your suit. I'm so excited." She exclaimed. 

"You look lovely, mama." Karter kissed her cheek.

"Thank you, love. All the credit goes to the makeup artists who helped me." She sent a thankful glance to Henry.

Henry and Mia took the plastic cover off the suit and everyone gaped at the beautiful work Arlo had done. It was absolutely beautiful.

"We'll put the veil on later when we get to The Hall." Henry said, Karter agreed and they all helped him get dressed, ignoring his protests about how he can do this simple task by himself. His shoes followed suit which was simple white loafers. 

The soon-to-be Luna stood in front of the full-length mirror in his room. He couldn't help but feel emotional at the sight. His Omega self was showing prominently under the elegant and pure white attire. A tear escaped his eye as the boy came so close to sobbing. The thing is, at that moment, his brain fully processed what has happened in the past several hours. He's gonna leave his house to live with his mate. His mate is no other than The Alpha of his pack. The emptiness in his heart, which he has been feeling forever, is starting to fill with warmth.

A sob interrupting his thoughts and Karter covered his mouth so the sound will be subsided. His mother came closer and stood behind him. She hugged the boy as her own tears were flowing freely. Her son was glowing with beauty.

"I'm so happy for you, baby boy. You are going to be so happy with Ivan. I know he'll take care of you like you deserve to be taken care of." She said and kissed his temple tenderly. "Here is a little something from your family." She said as she opened a box to reveal a beautiful black brooch that was shaped like a crescent moon. It was beaded with black diamonds of different sizes. 

The door of the room burst open and a panting Alro walked inside. "I wanted to check if everything is going well with the clothes." He said as running his eyes up and down Karter. 

"Thank you so much, Arlo. everything is perfect." Karter gripped Alro's hands and smiled gratefully at him.

"I-t was no problem." The other Omega blushed while stuttering, an unusual reaction from the bubbly man. "I will be accompanying you to the venue to help with the veil." Alro said, back to his cheerful self.

"Let's leave guys." William poked his head inside as informed the others. As his eyes stopped on Karter, the man smiled brightly. "You look beautiful, honey." He honestly said which made Karter shy away.

"We'll clear everything up." Henry said and the other helped him. Anna led Karter downstairs and they were meet with the beautiful sight of Kayne in a tux. He wore a black jacket and slacks with a white shirt. The bowtie was fastened neatly but the man looked like he was struggling with it. Kayne's hair was pushed back and looked smoking hot on the big man. 

When Kayne saw his brother come down, a big smile appeared on his face. The Beta looked at Karter's attire with the most adored expression.

"You look beautiful, Kar." Karter walked to him and gave his brother a tight hug. "Can't believe it's happening already." Kayne wrapped his strong arms around the small Omega and kissed his head.

"Well, I can't believe you are wearing a proper tux." Karter's muffled, teasing voice was heard. It was surprising not only to Karter but also for their mother that the oldest was wearing formal clothes without any fight. It was known that Kayne hates wearing suits because they are 'tight' and 'uncomfortable'.

"It's my brother's mating ceremony, of course I can sacrifice my comfort for some time." Kayne replied. "But I think I'll pass on the bow." He tried to remove the thing but was stopped by someone.

"You have to match with others, Mr. Starr." It was funny to see an Omega even shorter than Karter trying to glare at Kayne. The boy was still under 21 as the others could smell that he still hasn't matured. "Keep the bow until the formal ceremony and you can remove it immediately after that." The boy fixed the boy with great difficulties because of the height difference. Kayne let him fix it while wearing a prominent pout on his face. 

"I'm sorry for not introducing myself, Luna. My name is Axel Finnley. I have the honor to organize your mating ceremony and I will do my best to make it perfect." The boy bowed his head at the Luna-to-be, making him extremely uncomfortable. No expressions appear on his face as he talked to Karter.

"You don't have to be so stiff around me." Karter said.

"My apologies," Axel replied, still wearing no emotions.

"Dude, you need to relax. How old are you? Too young to look so uptight." Kayne went behind him and proceed to massage Axel's shoulder. The boy did not look relaxed at all. "I'll keep wearing the bow, happy now." Kayne gave the boy a big smile.

"Very." Axel turned to him with a poker face but his statement felt sincere to others. "Two cars are waiting outside for you all." The boy informed and Karter sighed heavily because of nervousness. 

Axel walked in front of them and they followed the Omega. Karter's hands were getting cold so he rubbed them together to warm them up. His actions were noticed by his brother so he reached out and held the Omega's hand. 

"It is probably normal to feel this way before something so big. Just remember so many people love and know your qualities. If you are scared of mating the Alpha, don't be." Kayne simply said and shrugged his shoulders. "I saw the warmth and sincerity in his eyes when he looks at you. Don't worry, I won't let just anyone easily take you away from us. The Alpha has been approved by me." Kayne finished his talk with a wink. 

"Thank you." Karter was moved by his talk as his eyes filled with tears. "You're the best brother I could ever ask for."

"Ayyy, I know." Kayne's form became nervous at the statement. "Tell me something I don't already know." He tried to act cocky but failed miserably as he was also getting teary eyes. "Get in now." Karter chuckled and sat in the car with his mother in the back and William in the front with the driver. Karter could see his brother secretly trying to wipe his tears through the mirror and shook his head at him. Kayne, Axel, and Arlo were taking the other car to get to the venue.

Karter let out a breath, he felt a lot better after hearing his brother. Just like that, the car started to move towards their destination. 

-------------

I'm so happy to see that this story already has 300+ reads with 30+ votes. I really appreciate you guys reading it. 

So... here was this week's first update, what do you think? I remember that this chapter took me the longest to write. I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Bye Angels!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.7M 633K 81
Book #1: The Mated Series Julian Heil, known for his intelligence and calm exterior. As the future alpha of the Black Moon Pack, he only cares about...
157K 6.3K 43
Jack was broken. Being the sole survivor of a massacre that killed his entire family while still a child weighed heavily on him. Fearing for his life...
4.2M 139K 30
Spencer O'connor. A socially anxious wolf who is scared of everyone. He will only mutter a few words to people he knows. He has to leave his pack whe...
107K 4K 50
The Badger Series (Book 1) Can be a stand alone. Warning: BoyxBoy Timothy is an Omega, he lost half of his vision after he was beaten for something...