My contestshipping one shots...

By 1bunnylover

(If you're not reading this on Wattpad, you're reading an illegal copyright version of it) Although this is... More

Same nightmare
Anything but pathetic
Losing Drew's journal
A little more than a hint
Bad day turned better
Manaphy's return
The colors of rose
Regretting nothing and returning the favor
Not so secret kisses
Dream come true
Did it for love
The way he looks at you
Really important to me
The big day
Runaway groom
Overprotective
Of memories and red roses
Birthday present
More than just an admirer
There is no one better
Make up, confess up
Questions and answers
Fangirl interference
Practicing
More than just tea
Girl problems
Unexpected interview
Rainy night in LaRousse
A Valentine's Day to remember
The twin
Under the mask
LaRousse rivalry
A spark of true love (part 1)
A spark of true love (part 2)
Quit hiding it
Proposal approval (part 1)
Proposal approval (part 2)
Eyes
My favorite things
May
Only you (high school AU)
Love letter (high school AU)
The kisses test

Met her match

923 20 19
By 1bunnylover

May had always considered herself a great matchmaker. Even if she had only had a few 'customers', she was always right about what was in people's hearts. Except, it would seem, her own heart.

"So, then Harley would not stop going on and on about Drew and how we would be 'perfect' for each other." May recalled as she talked with Solidad. "Isn't that just ridiculous?"

"Is it?" Solidad raised an eyebrow.

"Well...I mean...yeah. Of course it is!" May assured, trying to convince herself. "Why in the world would you question that?"

"No reason." Solidad let out a soft chuckle. "But maybe you should find Drew a match."

"Why would I do that?" May crossed her arms.

"So he will stop teasing you, and you might even get Harley off your back. At least when it comes to Drew. I don't think he will ever stop trying to mess with you." Solidad reasoned.

May stared off, taking in her friends words. Maybe Solidad was right. It would help in multiple ways, and she could finally prove that she didn't have feelings for Drew at all.

"I guess you're right. I'll do it." May announced.

Solidad picked up on her saddened tone, but said nothing about it. Her thoughts were more focused on the, soon to be, comical matchmaking. No doubt the news of Drew looking for a match would spread quickly, and with his many admirers, there was a guaranteed show in the making.

"Oh, sorry Solidad." May suddenly broke Solidad from her thoughts. "I have to get going, but I'll keep you posted. See ya."

Once May was gone, Solidad left as well. She had decided to warn Drew about his upcoming matchmaker, and texted him, asking to meet up.

"Hello Drew." Solidad greeted her friend.

"Hey." Drew gave a nod. "What did you need?"

"I just wanted to give you a little heads up." Solidad replied. "May is going to try to find you a girlfriend."

"Wait, what?" Drew's eyes widened. "Why?"

"Well, I might have convinced her to, to get Harley off her back. And you know how good of a matchmaker May claims to be."

"Solidad, I can't believe you." Drew face palmed. "You're almost as bad as Harley with this."

"Yeah...but I think you should take this as an opportunity to tell her how you feel." Solidad said. Drew have her a strange look. "Think about it. If you tell her, she won't need to find you a match."

Drew stared at his older friend as he considered his options. Yes, this was a golden opportunity to confess his feelings, but at the same time, he wanted to know how she felt about him. It was that mystery that kept his mouth shut about his feelings.

Maybe this was a good thing. He could find out how she felt about him, and if she didn't feel the same, then he has a match waiting for him.

"I'll do it." Drew finally stated.

"You are going to tell her how you feel?" Solidad questioned excitedly.

"No exactly." Drew replied.

Solidad's excitement fell into a frown.

"What do you mean 'not exactly'?" Solidad asked. "You either will or you won't."

"I'm goin play by ear. If I can get May to give me some indication that her feelings for me are the same, I'll tell her. If I can't, than I guess I'm going off with one of the matches she chose for me." Drew explained.

Solidad wanted to shake the boy and yell at him for being as clueless as May. Instead, she put on a small smile, and acted as if all was normal.

"Ok, I wish you luck." Solidad remarked.

With that, the two long-time friends parted ways.

Drew walked around aimlessly as he waited for May to confront him. He didn't know when, or if she would even bring it up straight away. The only thing he was sure of was once she is ready, she will find him.

It wasn't until after breakfast the next day that May approached him.

"Hi Drew." May smiled. "Are you free? Because I have something exciting to show you."

"Hey. Yeah, I'm free. What do you need?" Drew asked casually.

"Great!" May took his hand. "Follow me!"

"Woah, May!" Drew yelped slightly, having to catch himself.

She quickly dragged him off, rambling as they went.

"You will never believe this! So, I was talking to Solidad and she gave me this great idea. You know how I'm a great matchmaker, and how Harley is always going on and on about how we are a couple?" She didn't wait for him to respond. "Well, I am about to fix that problem."

"How?" Drew asked.

For now, Drew decided to play ignorant and act as if he knew nothing of the plan.

"With them!" May gestured to the huge crowd of girls.

Drew's eyes widened. This was a lot more than he was expecting, but he was going to bite the bullet and pull through.

Over the next few days, Drew was put through, what felt like, endless speed dating rounds. It was somewhat interesting at first, but got boring really fast. It's not that the girls were unappealing, they just weren't the one for him.

Drew did learn something from this matchmaking experience, and that was just how stupid he was for not telling May in the first place. After all this, he had had enough, and he was ready to tell her that she had met her match.

He had just finished his last 'date' for the day and was about to search for May. Only, she found him first.

"So? How was it?" May asked eagerly.

"Not a good match." Drew replied.

"Really? None of them?" May pouted slightly.

"None of them." Drew repeated.

"But that doesn't make any sense. How could none of those girls catch your attention?" May questioned. "Were they not interesting?"

"They were but-"

"Were they not pretty enough?

"No, but I-"

"Was it their attitudes?"

"No. May will you-"

"Maybe they were-"

"May!" Drew sounded to get her attention. "Will you please just let me talk?"

"Right. Sorry." May laughed sheepishly.

"Ok." Drew let out a sigh. "First, there were no problems with the girls you tried to match me up with. They are all great, but aren't for me. Second, Solidad warned me in advance about all this. I just played dumb to see where it went."

"Why?" May raised an eyebrow.

"I'm getting to that." Drew answered. "She told me to do something that would get me out of this, but I was too much of a coward. Truth be told, none of the girls you picked would have worked, because I'm already in love with someone."

May's mouth flew open, but no words came out. She had convinced herself that it would be easy to help Drew find someone, but hearing that he was already in love...it hurt more that she could have imagined. She realized too late how she truly felt.

"That's...that's great." May forced the words out. "Who...is she?"

A playful grin slowly formed on Drew's face.

"Well, she is amazing." Drew began, staring off as he spoke. "A little dimwitted at times, but is sweet, clever, kind, really beautiful, and one of the most talented coordinators I have had the pleasure of meeting. She caught my attention from the beginning and has continued to keep, not only my interest, but my heart. She is my match, and I hope that I am hers." Drew gazed back at the distressed brunette, and gently cupped her cheek. "So what do you say, May? Am I a good enough match for you?"

"Oh, Drew!" May through her arms around him in a tight hug. "Of course you are! I was just in denial and tried to convince myself that my feelings weren't there, but they are. I love you so much Drew. So, so much."

Drew chuckled as he hugged her back. "I love you too, May. More than you know."

For a while, they just stood there, enjoying the sweet embrace. After avoiding it for so long, they finally admitted to knowing their match all along, and nothing was going to change that.

THE END!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.8K 288 16
Hello. PTCVBF HERE. Welcome to my book of Ever After High Ships One Shots. It's pretty self explanatory so I think it's better to just start reading...
10.4K 154 19
(If you're not reading this on Wattpad, you're reading an illegal copyright version of it) Although this is marked as complete I will still post and...
13.6K 504 37
May has an experience with two new friends whom mysteriously disappear several days after their encounter. Though she still wonders about what had ha...
37.1K 425 20
(If you're not reading this on Wattpad, you're reading an illegal copyright version of it) Although this is marked as complete I will still post and...