When You're Broken On The Gro...

By Ace_Magpie

Twenty-six years old, successful, famous. No one knows they're a chosen family, no one knows the bonds they f... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Something I Really Didn't Want To Do

Chapter 22

93 18 19
By Ace_Magpie

Trigger Warnings: implied past sex, swearing, mentioned suicide, mentioned cutting. It's basically all fluff though

Word Count: 1772

A ping from Dee's phone wakes him up. He groans and shifts, nuzzling the back of Remus' neck more in an attempt to ignore the notification.

More pings.v

He ignores them.

Even more. Dee snaps his eyes open, beyond pissed. He rolls over and grabs his phone from his nightstand, opening it to see Roman's annoying texts. Remus groans next to him and lifts his head up.

"Roman's texting us," Dee grumbles. 

Remus sighs and grabs his phone on the other nightstand.

Sneks and Octopi and- ew a prince

Blue Blood Royal: I NEED HELP

Blue Blood Royal: DEE 

Blue Blood Royal: RE

Blue Blood Royal: I NEED YOUR HEEEEEEELP

Blue Blood Royal: I'M NOT STOPPING TILL I GET YOU TO ANSWER

Blue Blood Royal: DEEEEEEEEEE

Blue Blood Royal: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Blue Blood Royal: I NEEED YOUUUUUUUUU

it's 3am SHUT THE F*CK UP

my ratman: this better be important.

Blue Blood Royal: oh it is

my ratman: I highly doubt that but whatcha need help with? 

Blue Blood Royal: I'M PROPOSING TO VIRGIL THE LOVE OF MY LIFE

Blue Blood Royal: IT NEEDS TO BE PERFECT

That's all well and good, but IT'S 3AM 

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING AT 3AM

Blue Blood Royal: well obviously I'm working on my speech.

my ratman: ro, that's messed up. 

Roman, it's the morning 

THE EARLY MORNING MIND YOU

of your anniversary. Why are you only writing your speech now?!

Blue Blood Royal: Pshhhhh, I'm not writing it right now

Blue Blood Royal: I'm practicing it.

my ratman: bro, go cuddle your boyfriend 

my ratman: and maybe fuck him

Remus is right Roman, go the hell to sleep 

REMUS NO WHAT HAVE I SAID ABOUT SUGGESTING THAT

my ratman: shhhhh

Roman I'm silencing my phone 

I better not hear from you until the sun is actually up 

and I've had my coffee. 

Dee silences his phone just as he said and puts it back on his nightstand, rolling 180 to face Remus, who's facing him with no phone in sight.

"Really?"

"Whaaaaat?"

Dee sighs and shakes his head. "Why do I love you?" he asks smiling.

"Uh, because we share the same dark humor? And I keep you satisfied," he adds, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

"Shut up and sleep," Dee grumbles, nesting his face in the pillows. He hears Remus huff but settle down and he smiles, cuddling up to his boyfriend in thanks.

~~~

"Alright, everything's in place Roman," Dee says from around the corner from Remus. He finishes tying up the fairy lights and then moves to join his boyfriend. 

"Yeah bro, I'm done too."

"Okay it looks great!" his twin stares for a bit. 

"Ro?"

"Hmm?"

"It's going to be okay."

"I know-"

"No Roman, no 'I know's," Dee interrupts. "Virgil's going to love it, he loves you. He'll say yes."

"But-"

"C'mon Ro, you've done a great job. It's exactly like your first date! I don't know how you remembered about you guys had for dinner-"

"It's Virgil's favorite, I wanted to make him as comfortable as possible."

"-so obviously he's going to love it," Remus finishes. His twin always gets so worked up over these things. 

"Right, right. What time is it?"

Dee checks his watch. "Uh, 10:48."

"Good, plenty of time to go home and then meet Virgil for lunch," Roman plans under his breath. "Can you guys take care of the-"

"Yeah."

"Thank you!" He swiftly hugs both men and then vanishes, off to his car.

Dee watches Roman leave, his face twisted between a smirk and a pity. 

"Alright, whatcha thinking snakey?"

He sighs. "If I ever start acting like that, kill me. Please."

Remus snorts. "Oh c'mon, it's not that bad."

Dee turns to him, eyebrow raised and just daring him to argue against him. "He wrote in his diary exactly what happened on their date and now is copying the same date but proposing at the end. And he's nervous, even though Virgil has literally been with him for years through everything."

"True true. By the way, our anniversary is coming up~"

Now Dee's smirking. "Annnnd?"

"Who's in charge of the day!?"

"Oh. Well, who was in charge last year?"

"Me I think. But you took over breakfast."

Dee, if it's even possible, smirks even more. "Yeah I did~ Guess I'll be in charge this year."

~~~

Virgil giggles as Roman yet again stumbles while leading him to the beginning of their date. He insisted Virgil wear a blindfold, claiming he wanted it to be a surprise. "You good Princey? Sure you don't want me to lead you?"

"I'm sure!" Roman replies, a smile in his voice. They walk a bit more, then they finally stop. "Alright, you can take your blindfold off."

Rolling his eyes, Virgil does so, blinking at the change of lighting and then in shock at the beautiful garden in front of him, with a picnic basket set on the grass. Just like their first date. "Roman?"

A cough behind him and there's Roman, in his light blue jeans and classic white-and-gold shirt, red jacket tossed on over top, with a red flannel shirt tied around his waist. It's like Virgil had stepped back into time and was back to their first date. "Woah woah, is something wrong?" Roman's panicked voice bursts through, hands brushing away tears he didn't even realize were falling.

"It's beautiful Princey," he whispers, overwhelmed by how perfect it is. 

His boyfriend practically melts in front of him, his smile warm and soft. "I'm glad you like it my Chemically Imbalanced Romance." Roman leads him to the picnic basket, which is filled with Virgil's favorite food.

They sit on the grass and eat, remembering all the good dates they've had over the years. 

"Hey, remember the time Remus shouted the floor is lava when we were in Hot Topic?" Roman manages to gasp out between laughs.

"Oh my Gerald Way yes! You basically launched yourself onto the counter!"

He scoffs. "As if you didn't jump on top of the clothing racks like a cat."

"YOU SWORE GO NEVER BRING THAT UP."

"Hey I'm not the one who Logan had to drag out of Hot Topic."

"There was a SALE! Besides, you dragged us to the movie theater to see Frozen at midnight."

"You enjoyed it!"

"My conspiracies were calling me!"

"They were still there when we came back."

"It'S NOT THE SAME!"

The conversation goes on for a while, until soon Roman stands up. "Alright my dear emo, time for the second part of tonight's date." He holds out his hand to help Virgil up.

"Second part?" Virgil asks as he takes Roman's hand and gets up.

"Yep! Now c'mon!" He pulls Virgil along slightly, until Virgil gives in and follows his glowing boyfriend into the garden. They walk for a few minutes until Roman leads him to a white pavilion covered in fairy lights. 

Virgil gasps as Roman leads him into the pavilion, noticing out of the corner of his eye Roman tapping something on his phone. It turns out to be music, because 'Can't Help Falling in Love' by Reinhart starts playing. 

Wise men say only fools rush in

Roman bows, offering his hand in dance.

Virgil smiles and bows too, before taking his boyfriend's hand and they begin to slow dance.

But I can't help falling in love with you

Oh, shall I stay? Would it be a sin?

Oh, if I can't help falling in love with you

Oh, like a river flows surely to the sea

Darling so it goes, somethings are meant to be

Roman twirls him around, Virgil ending up in the opposite end of the pavilion from Roman.

Oh, take my hand

They grabs each other's hand, twirling into it so they end up back to their slow swaying.

Take my whole life, too

Oh, for I can't help falling in love with you

Woah, like the river flows surely to the sea

Darling so it goes, somethings are meant to be

Oh, take my hand, take my whole life, too

For I can't help falling in love with you

Woah, for I can't help falling in love with you

Roman bows at the end, kissing the hand he's still holding. Virgil blushes, but then he kneels down, hand still held in his hand. 

"Virgil Shadow, we have been through hell and back together. We've both had terrible childhoods, but we've found a family that loves us for us. We've survived suicide and cutting and abuse. And it's been hard, by the SQUIP it's been hard. But we've made it through, and we've had a lot of good moments. And, I'd like to say, that our love is god. So," he pulls out a black velvet box from his jacket pocket, Virgil can feel the tears rimming his eyes, "Virgil Shadow, my emo nightmare, will you marry me?"

And just like that the tears of joy start falling and all he can say is, "Yes."

Roman stands up and hugs him, pulling apart to kiss passionately, emotions high and love practically crackling through the air. When they part for air, Roman takes the ring out of the box and slips it onto Virgil's finger. They kiss again, and then his fiancé, because that's what they are, they're fiancés, brushes away his tears.

"How long?" Virgil asks. "How long have you been planning this?"

"Um, a couple weeks? I asked Remus and Dee for help with the pavilion but that's it."

Virgil eyes up the ring. "And where's yours?"

"What?"

"Where's your ring Princey? I know you got one."

He laughs and pulls out a red velvet box. "Bought it when I bought yours." Virgil snatches from his hands and opens it. 

"Nice," he says, taking it out of the box. "Hand please?" Grinning, Roman gives Virgil his hand. "Right. Roman Prince, I love you and you already proposed, so you're marrying me now Romano." And as Roman cackles with laughter Virgil slips the ring onto his finger.

Okay so the song scene is actually something that happened at a wedding I went to. The newlywed grooms went on to the dance floor and started swaying and it was so sweet?? I almost cried from how sweet it was?? They were so cute together and they were whispering into each other's ears during it and they looked so happy??? Idk I have a lot of feeling over it okay. 

I'll be back with a another chapter next week! Have a lovely night/morning/day!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

408 27 27
πŸŽ‰*Completed*🎊 Virgil, Remus, and Janus have been on the island almost there whole entire life. They survive together and do everything together unt...
84.6K 2.5K 38
Virgil use to be a dark side and life was less than perfect. but he's a light side now so everything should be ok... Right? Trigger warning, self har...
28.5K 1.2K 22
Cover art by: Adrian on amino Ever since Virgil's father passed away and he's had to serve his step father Remus and his two kids pretty much everyth...
4.1K 131 18
Dear Virgil Sanders, Today is going to be a good day. And here's why... okay well... maybe today isn't going to be so good. Maybe today just isn't my...