The Cure To My Pain ✔️

By LikeToBe_u

Everlee Bridge, a scared, lonely, heartbroken girl, is in a mess she never asked for. Seven years in a place... More

Hello!
Character Aesthetics
1. Relocation
2. Settling
3. New Day
4. Meeting Asher
5. Warning
6. Necessary
8. Bloody Basketball!
9. Take care
10. Friends?
11. Crush
12. Tracks
13. Be Selfish
14. Are we good?
15. I tried
16. I'll be there for you
17. Ash's House
18. You'll get through this shit
19. The Party
20. Of course this happens
21. I'm way past denying it
22. Ash has a crush
23. It's you
24. Only if you want
25. Get used to it
26. I'm all yours
27. One last thing
28. Why me?
29. never losing me
30. I admire you
31. Right
32. Sure to the core
33. No more lies
34. Is it enough?
35. Time Apart
36. I'm sorry
37. Kill me
38. Lie
39. The aftermath
40. The truth
41. The pain
42. The plan
43. The first step
44. The final day
45. The result
Epilogue

7. No More

2.9K 90 48
By LikeToBe_u

I slowly turn around with my eyes lowered. I peek a look at him; there it is the cunning smile which always is a red flag.

"What do you want? And how the hell do you know my name?" Asher asks with irritation.

"You aren't that unpopular Asher.
Everyone in this school knows your name. The real question is do you know my name?" says Percy smirking at him.

"I don't need to, it's not important. Let's go Everlee." Asher takes hold of my hand and sends Percy a cold stare.

"Why are you in such a hurry? Let me atleast introduce myself to your friend," Percy says and turns his head towards me,"Hi, I am Percy. It's nice to meet you."

Shock is not even a good enough word to describe what I am feeling right now. Why in the world is he pretending of not knowing me?

"I said it's not important," grits Asher.

"Are you her bodyguard or something? She has a mouth and she can speak with that. You can right?" he looks at me at the second question.

"She can but she has no time to waste it on you. So bye, hope to never see you again." Asher gives Percy another glare but he simply smiles as if enjoying this.

I guess that agitates Asher even more and the next thing I know he grabs my wrist and drags me away from Percy. I look back and see Percy still with that smile; that wicked smile.

Asher pulls me towards the stairs and starts descending them. His grip tightens more and more with each step.

"Asher my wrist," my voice makes him come out of the trance he was in and he suddenly lets go off me.

"Shit! I am so sorry. I didn't realise I was hurting you," he says worriedly.

He does not let me utter a word and starts talking,"I don't know what's it about him but he just makes me so mad! Why does he even bother talking to me, he knows that I don't like him and I know the feelings are mutual then why? My god!"

He runs his fingers through his hair and finally looks at me,"Are you sure you haven't met him or even seen him? I mean when he looks at you it feels like he knows something about you, like he has - I don't know what, but there is something. I suggest you to please just stay away from him. Please."

"Yeah, I will," I assure him nodding my head.

Why cant I just tell him?!Because you just can't stupid!

He nods back at me and we stare at each other not knowing what to say anymore. He bites his lip and I gulp at the sight...wait what!

This is the most awkward thing ever!

We both flinch at the sudden shrill noise of the bell and look away. Atleast the awkward staring contest is over.

"I gotta go, I'll see you la- um bye." He turns around and practically runs away.

Yeah, I guess he remembered what happened three days ago. Well, it doesn't matter, I shouldn't feel bad. I don't. Yes, I don't.

But what just fucking happened!? And what is gonna happen when I go home. Fuck!!!

********

I walk to the door of my house and enter it. My eyes widen at the sight of Percy coming down the stairs.

"I swear I wasn't talking to him. He came out of no where and started talking to me. He..he kept asking questions. I tried to go but he was not letting me. I promise it won't happen again." I am out of breath when I finish speaking.

Percy's face is emotionless when he says,"I am going early to the tracks. You have to be there by yourself. Don't be late."

With that he stalks past me and gets out the door. I am so confused, Percy talking to me normally is the most abnormal thing ever.

Please don't let this be one of his pranks. Once in middle school Percy invited me to sit with his friends at lunch because I didn't  have any. For once I thought Percy was being nice but the next thing I faced was a whole bottle of juice poured all over my head. Every single person laughed at me till I was out of there and I cried like a baby that day.

I run upstairs into my room praying that he isn't planning something. I see Lina with papers scattered all around her.

"What are you doing?" I ask and sit on my bed.

She glances at me distracted,"Mmh.. Declan wanted me do some finances for a upcoming deal of the company."

"Isn't that supposed to be done by the accounts department of the company?" I ask her in confusion.

"It is but there's some snitching happening lately. Don't wanna take any chances. He trusts me, technically my dad but whatever," she says rolling her eyes.

"Anyways, how was school?" I remain silent at her question.

She looks up at the lack of my answer and narrows her eyes at me.

Damn it .....she knows something is wrong. I have to give her an answer.

"It was okay." I shrug.

"Was it Percy?" she asks huffing.

"Percy saw me talking to Asher, one of the people I talked to yesterday. I thought he was gonna go all crazy but he pretended to not know me. And now when I entered the house he just warned me to not be late at the tracks, that's it nothing else," I exclaime with my eyes wide.

"What were you expecting?" I raise my eyebrows at her question, how could she ask me that she knows how Percy is and what he is capable of.

She sighed and comes to sit down next to me,"Lee, listen to me carefully okay? I know when you initially came into this Declan and Percy have done bad things, real bad things to you. And you have that....that fear inside you, the fear of them hurting you again and that's completely valid. But now you need to understand that they are using your fear against you. They know you are afraid of them and so they always try to control you. How you feel, what you do- everything. You have to take that power away from them and I know you can do it. You don't admit it but I know how strong you are, you just have to believe in yourself Lee and everything is gonna be fine."

I process her words, she is right I am too much afraid of them. I am in this gang and I am allowed to do whatever I want with my life as long as I don't tell people about this shit. Everyone in the gang has their own social life, they weren't prevented from all of this. Declan never told me to not make any friends then why am I listening to Percy? Why am I letting Percy dictate my life? What is he gonna do, kill me? He knows he can't do that; even if he does what am I ganna lose, then why Lee, why?

"Even if Percy tries to do something you know I am always gonna be by your side. I am never going to let go of you I promise. Just promise me you are not letting him control you anymore. You are gonna do whatever the fuck you want, atleast you are going to try. Promise?" she extends her palm towards me with a encouraging smile.

Are you ready for this Lee?

I look at Lina, she has always been there for me. I know how much she wants me to have a better life. She knows what's best for me and I am going to listen to her. I am going to try for her and most importantly for me.

I place my hand in her hand and utter,"I promise."

She hugs  me tightly and I rest my head on her shoulder,"I love you Lina."

She kisses my forehead and whispers,"I love you more."

********

I love writing Lina and Lee parts, I feel so good

Now what do you think about Lina's words?
Is Lina right or wrong?
(I personally think she is right lol but share your opinion)

What about Percy's lack of words?

More Drama coming! Stay tuned
Next chapter on Monday!

I wanna thank this sweetheart SFTW101  ❤
She is the one who helped me gain the courage to publish this book!! Thank you so much!!

If you liked the chapter please vote!!!

-Love❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.3K 2.4K 23
"I'm sorry that I put you in this situation." "I'm not following." I really wasn't. "This. Us! What we did last night was reckless and so so perfec...
826K 24.5K 68
"He's lucky I let him live!" He kicks the chair he was sitting on, "I can't stand the thought of anyone hurting you." He takes slow steady steps towa...
27.3K 490 28
Everything hurt. The pain the flooded over my entire body. I could feel the blood seeping out and the bruises beginning to form as I just lay here...
167K 2.5K 39
"You don't know what I went through!" I yelled at him, angry tears streaming down my face. He stared at me for a long time before he spoke. "I loved...