An August Wedding

By SkyPhoenix13125

Your parents wanted a son to take over the family business. His parents wanted their son to gain some busines... More

Author's Note
Ch. 1 - The Ceremony
Ch. 2 - The Honeymoon
Ch. 3 - Family Discussions
Ch. 4 - Good Friends
Ch. 5 - Wedding Gift
Ch. 6 - The New Hires
Ch. 7 - Clashing Heads
Ch. 8 - Hard Work
Ch. 9 - Lunch Dates
Ch. 10 - New Ideas
Ch. 11 - Suspicions
Ch. 12 - First Fight
Ch. 13 - Plans
Ch. 15 - Family Approval
Ch. 16 - Dinner Party
Ch. 17 - Inspiration
Ch. 18 - Assistance
Ch. 19 - Musical Stylings
Ch. 20 - A Modest Proposal
Ch. 21 - Side Steps
Ch. 22 - Double Date
Ch. 23 - Charity Ball
Ch. 24 - Divides
Ch. 25 - Date Night
Ch. 26 - Visits
Ch. 27 - Making It Work
Ch. 28 - Moving Forward
Ch. 29 - Wake Up Call
Ch. 30 - Family Favors
Ch. 31 - Assessing
Ch. 32 - Reporting
Ch. 33 - Visitors
Ch. 34 - Bonds
Ch. 35 - Next Steps
Ch. 36 - Deals
Ch. 37 - Celebrations
Ch. 38 - Exploring
Ch. 39 - Launch Party
Ch. 40 - Guys' Night
Ch. 41 - Girls' Night
Ch. 42 - Opportunities
Ch. 43 - Turning Point
Ch. 44 - Decisions
Ch. 45 - Showcase
Ch. 46 - Changes
Ch. 47 - Back to Work
Ch. 48 - Another Wedding
Ch. 49 - Different Directions
Ch. 50 - Favors and Secrets
Ch. 51 - Rides
Ch. 52 - Guidance
Ch. 53 - Confessions
Ch. 54 - News
Ch. 55 - Bad Timing
Ch. 56 - Flipping the Script
Ch. 57 - King or Boss
Ch. 58 - Deciding Factors
Ch. 59 - Crunch Time
Ch. 60 - Negotiations
Ch. 61 - Offers
Ch. 62 - Prep Work
Ch. 63 - Potential
Ch. 64 - Results
Ch. 65 - Free
Ch. 66 - Epilogue
Extras

Ch. 14 - Shareholder's Meeting

161 8 0
By SkyPhoenix13125

Yoongi had always considered himself to be calm under pressure. He'd been to enough of his parents' charity balls and important meetings to think he had a handle on it. 

Friends of his parents never expected much of him aside from light conversation. They did not expect him to know the inner workings of the charities they were donating to, or certain people associated with the charities themselves. They focused their attention solely on his parents for that kind of information.

This meeting was the exact opposite.

It had been set up in one of the larger conference rooms. Yoongi got there half an hour early per your instructions. Your parents were already there.

"Yoongi, there you are," your father greeted him warmly. "Nice and early, well done. Isn't my daughter with you?" 

"She went to change clothes first. Make sure she looked presentable." 

"No matter then. Come stand by me, we'll greet everyone when they come in."

He nodded, straightening his tie as he did so. You'd walked him through the basics of the meeting. Your parents were here as a courtesy, they'd leave once the meeting actually started. Your father was a big believer in the old "let a kid figure out for themselves how to swim instead of teaching them". But that didn't stop him from wanting to stroke his ego a bit and be the center of attention for a good ten minutes.

Yoongi would be leading the meeting once they were gone, presenting on the information that he'd gathered about the performance of the company over the past several months. Then there'd be a short question and answer session with the shareholders present. And his parents would be scrutinizing his every move, as well as yours to make sure you didn't overstep your bounds and take over the meeting somehow.

He doubted they really had to worry about that, but it was obvious they'd be doing it anyway.

The shareholders seemed very much like his parents' friends - older, judgmental, most of them obviously looking for a show. He could tell from the way they studied him when they walked in, criticizing him before he'd even opened his mouth.

"Jimin, is that you?" your father's voice dragged him from his thoughts.

Jimin. Where had he heard that name?

He turned to see a shorter man wearing a nice suit and tie that matched his pocket square. His hair was bleached blond. He had a bright smile and he had grasped your father's hands in both of his own as he came in.

"Nice to see you as always, Mr. (L/N). My father sends his regards."

"Tell that joker to call me sometime. He retired and forgot all about his old buddies."

"You know that's not true," he replied before turning his attention to Yoongi. "Nice to meet you, Mr. Min. Park Jimin, I believe we spoke over the phone recently."

And that's when it clicked.

"Yes, I believe we did. I'm glad my wife was able to walk you through your problem. I hope there won't be too many of those going forward."

Jimin gave him a tight-lipped smile before finding a seat at the conference table.

Yoongi was so busy glaring at him he almost didn't notice you come in. You definitely looked nice in your changed clothes, your hair pulled back neatly and a bright smile on your face.

"Hi, dad. Yoongi, are you all set?"

"Yeah, just greeting all the shareholders." 

"Sweetheart, I meant your presentation." 

"What? Oh! Yes, the tech guy got that all squared away. We should be fine." 

You gently patted his shoulder before going to speak to your mother. Yoongi barely registered what was going on for a minute as he heard your voice echoing in his ears. You'd just called him sweetheart.

But your dad cleared his throat and he crashed back to reality. Obviously just a clever ploy on your part, no reason to dive into it.

The meeting started smoothly, with your father announcing once again that he was going to be stepping down as the director of operations and that his new son-in-law would take over in his place.

He shared a couple of little anecdotes about the Mins that reminded you of your wedding day (stories that didn't add up but were fit together so well you wouldn't notice if you weren't paying attention).

After all of that, he brought Yoongi to the front of the room, shook his hand, and made his way out the room.

Yoongi tried to calm his breathing as all eyes suddenly turned to him.

"Good afternoon, everyone. On behalf of myself and my lovely wife, I'd like to say thank you for coming." You gave him a small smile. "We're here today to talk about the projections for the next several quarters and how we're going to be meeting and potentially exceeding those numbers."

He pulled up a slide on the monitor. "Let's start by looking at some of the previous projections that Mr. (L/N) provided before stepping down. This chart," he hesitated, "...no, I'm sorry, this chart shows the original projection for the last couple of quarters. This second one beside it shows the actual growth we have achieved here during that time. As you can see, it did hit a snag right here."

He quickly used his pointer stick to point it out on the screen. "I believe that has to do with the state of the economy but who can say for sure?"

You took a deep breath from your seat. Was he winging this?

"The point is that we continued this upward trajectory to surpass our projected growth which is outstanding. Always happy to see that."

This continued on for several minutes, with him kind of touching on subjects that needed to be touched on. You trying not to say a word and undermine him. But the ending slide took the cake.

"I'll be honest," he said, "I haven't been able to do as much research as I'd like, so this projection is just a continuation of Mr. (L/N)'s until I get more updated information. But as you can see, we are expected to grow by at least 3% by the end of the quarter, and then another 2% by the end of the next. It's hard for a business that's been going this long to keep up a steady growth and it seems that we've cracked the code."

There were a couple of soft chuckles at that and he grinned.

"That's all I have for you. Now, I believe we open the floor for some questions. So don't be afraid--"

Almost every hand shot in the air. Yoongi gestured to a man near the front.

"Yes, sir?"

"I'm afraid I'm not clear on something. What are your qualifications for running this company?"

"Could you be a bit more specific?"

"Did you major in business in college?

"Yes, I did."

"And do you have any experience running a company?

"I'm afraid not, but there's a first time for everything."

His joke did not seem to ease the man's concerns, but he slowly settled back in his chair. Yoongi moved on to a woman a few seats back.

"What programs or initiatives are you looking at to keep up with our competitors at this time?"

"Mr. (L/N) has tied up some funding in a few different programs. I'm sure he gave you the rundown of those at the last meeting. I'm not here to rock the boat during my first month so I'm not investing in anything new at this point. If you have a suggestion, please let me know."

Both you and the shareholder were actually impressed with that answer.

"And uh...Mr. Park, was it?"

Jimin actually stood up for his question. "I'm curious how much you plan to change now that you're in charge."

"I'm afraid I don't understand your question."

"Let me rephrase it then. Most of us became shareholders because of our connections to the (L/N) family. Are you going to uphold their company values as the new director, or are you planning to take the company in a new direction?"

"As I said previously, I'm not here to rock the boat during my first month. I'm well aware of the values that this company has been built upon and I'm confident that I'll uphold them. If some of our practices are outdated or need re-evaluating, rest assured that I will cross that bridge when I get to it. And I won't make any rash decisions until I talk to (Y/N) about them first. If you have a specific issue with the way I run things at any point, then feel free to speak to me privately about it."

Jimin hummed in response, settling himself back comfortably. 

You tried to hold back your own surprise. 

Yoongi sighed as he turned off the light and shut the door. "Can we skip the lecture tonight?"

"Lecture?" you repeated.

"I saw you taking notes, I'm sure you've got a list of everything I did wrong. But I'm exhausted, so--"

"Actually, you did really well."

"What?"

"I mean, you obviously winged some parts. But...you were honest and you didn't let anyone intimidate you."

"I told you before, I can handle a bunch of stiffs in suits. Although one of them obviously has it out for me..."

"Jimin's father has been a family friend for years, don't let it worry you. He's actually sweet when you get to know him."

The word Yoongi had been thinking of was "slimy" but he decided not to bring that up right now. 

"Well, if I did well, can we go out to celebrate?"

"Sure."

"Good. Jin's been furiously texting me for the past twenty minutes asking when we're eating. We'd better get down to the parking garage if we don't want him to yell at us."

Jin still yelled at you, but quickly calmed down when you offered to buy him his weight in meat.

Yoongi mouthed a silent "thank you" from the other side of the backseat.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.2K 2K 28
Arranged marriage is such a funny concept. All your life you are taught not to speak to strangers and suddenly, you are asked to sleep with one. ...
291K 7.9K 20
I was in a arranged marriage with him.. I was in a arranged marriage with her.. I love him.. I hate her.. I care for him.. I ignore her.. ...
60.3K 2.7K 63
You lived a normal life, you owned a small flower shop and everything was fine. Until you met him. ...
22K 888 68
A relationship between two people is already hard enough no matter how much they love each other, what about when there are seven people involved? Ca...