Better as Friends ? (Steve Ha...

By linkispink1995

You and Steve had been broken up for five years now , you both mutually decided to remain friends for your so... More

(Not an update) character list
(1) simply routine
(2) daddy's boy
(3) Who's Alison
(4) Thanksgiving
(5) Awkward introductions
(6) Fueling the Fire
(7) Jealous ?
(8) A Mothers love
(9) Another chnace ?
(10) A final chance
(11) A Birthday
(12) Trying for forgiveness
(13) Appendix
(14) Home again
(15) Same old routine
(16) A Date???
(17) another awkward introduction
(18) worlds worst dinner party
(19) A baby shower
(20) the aftermath
(21) just another Saturday
(22) A shocking confession
(23) the facade crashes
(24) A bewaited kiss
(25) A new routine
Q&A
better together (1)
better together (2) puppy love
Better Together (3) Surprise
Better together (4) Halloween
Better Together (5) A day of emotions
Better Together (6) the move

Better Together (8) The calm before the storm

473 3 1
By linkispink1995

Steve's P.O.V

Thanksgiving was over , the day which seemed to never ended finally did and it felt like a blur. One minute Y/n was arguing with her parents and the next we were with my parents , I had yet to talk to Y/n about yesterday. After tucking Jackson into bed Y/n went to bed saying she was tired from the day we had , I of course knew that meant she was upset but I also knew it meant she wanted her space so I currled up on the couch with Buster and finished watching the football game that was on. Before walking back to bed with Buster in tow and settling in the cover with Y/n who was fast asleep curled up to her tear stained pillow. I fluttered my eyes open before seeing Buster's drolling sloberly face right in mine , I sighed before I walked down the hallway before opending the door to the guest bedroom , she was standin in the center of the room. I spoke saying "good morning baby" she turned with a puzzeled expression on her face before saying "this isn't storage this looks like a geust bedroom" I shook my head before walking over to the desk and opening the drawer to reveal it was filled to the top. I had comic books , old movies I haven't ever returned to the video store , yearbooks , photo albums. I had a secret , nothing hudge but I keet everything and I mean everything , old letters and notes from Y/n , kept those. Movie ticket stubs , kept those , old essay from high school (and middle school) , kept those too. I sighed before walking over to the closet of the room and opening it , Y/n's jaw feel as she saw I didn't only hoard personal afects but chlothes such as my risky buisnness haalloween costume , my scoops unform , and of course almost everysingle chlothing item Iv'e owned since middle school. Y/n finally spoke saying "there's nothing else right" I sighed before saying "I wouldn't look under the bed if I were you" she frowned before I added "Y/n baby I'm not crazy it's just I need all of this stuff okay" she nodded saying "well you don't have to get rid of anything but can I at least try to help your organize some of it" I noddeld silently before pecking her cheeks.

It was half an hour into cleaning (well organizing) when Y/n pulled out a box labled Nance I imidenly felt my  throut go dry , I spoke saying "do you want me get  rid of-". Y/n inturupted saying "yes please" I nodded before taking the box out of her hands to dispose it , after the Nancy box was gone and the room was mostly cleaned up when a very sleepy Jackson walked in and practilly sunk in Y/n's arms before she spoke "good morning sweet pea did you sleep good" Jackson silently nodded while snuggleing into his blanket before Y/n added "do you want so breakfast" Jackson nodded silently again before Y/n scooped him in her arms before walking out of the room.

Y/n's P.O.V

I placed Jackson onto the counter before he spoke saying "mama" I nodded before he added "can we go see Nana and Pop Pop today". I sighed before saying "Jackson I-" he immidently inturupted saying "I'm not sad anymore I promise" I shook my head saying "baby I know but you have to understand that this is between mommy and nana". Jackson quikcly responded saying "is it because of what Pop Pop said to daddy" I furrowed my brows before saying "what did Pop Pop say to daddy". Jackson immidenly went quiet before I added "Jackson Micheal what did he say" Jackson frowned before saying "Pop Pop told daddy he'd never be in our family and that daddy's only here because-" Jackson himslef off by beggining to cry. I pulled him into my arms as he continued , I didn't know how that sentence ended but I knew it wasn't good , I also knew dad would be getting an ear full from me.

After Jackson tears were wiped and breakfast was had I knew I needed to talk to my dad , I made up some random excuse about needing to buy garbage bags (which we litterly bought four day ago) and mad my way to my parents. Should I be doing this , should I go to Steve before my dad to make sure this was a hundrend percent true , no I knew Jackson and I knew with my whole heart he wasn't lying. Jackson was always honest (unlike Steve who liked to bend the truth somethimes) once when Jackson was three he spilt a cup of apple juice he immidently treid cleaning it up (with one of my sweaters) and when I enterd my room to see a stain on my white comfator and Jackson at three years old apolagized right away but then again it was really my fault for being a stupid twenty year old leaving him alone for two minutes to put a load of laundry in. I pulled into my parents driveway before exiting the car and walking up to the front door , after knocking on the door a moment or so later the door opened reveling my brother he spoke saying "hey". I could tell by the look on his face he seemed upset , I spoke saying "is dad home" he shook his head before he added "can we talk" I nodded before walking in the house. I sat down on the couch before Jefrrey took the seat next to me , Jeffrey finally spoke saying "we told Mr and Mrs. Jacobi yesterday" I nodded saying "oh that's great how did that go" he shook his head saying "their not happy" my jaw feel before he added "Anna's sister  Jenna is pregnant and her parents think thats the only reason we are" my jaw feel before he continued "so when I told you and you had no response I was afraid that somehow I upset you , and you were drinking so your obvisouly not pregnant but  I'm terrified" I responded saying "no I'm really happy for you and that was not okay for me to act like that Iv'e just had some stuff going on recently but that's no way to treat you , there's no excuse for what I said or didn't say". Jeffrey responded "but what if I'm not good enough , like dad was amzing but I don't know if I'll be like that" I sighed saying "Jeffrey you'll be amazing , your were great with Jackson and-" he cut me off saying. "Y/n I gotta be honest with you , with Jackson either I was mimicing dad or winging it" I sighed again as he added "dad was awsome with us growing up , Matt's great with Emma , Steve at somepoint figured out what he was doing but I don't know about me". I responded sayinfg "well what about Anna is she okay" Jeffrey shrugged saying "she'd upstairs dosen't wanna talk about it" I got up from my spot before saying "I'll be right back".

I walked up the stairs before knocking on the door of the geust bedroom (mine and Katies old room) I could hear Anna's sniffle through the door before I spoke saying. "Anna it's Y/n can we talk" immidently I got a response "come in". I opened the door before seeing Anna sitting on the bed a tissue in her hand , she wiped a few tears before I took the seat next to her before she spoke saying. "I'm scared I can't do it , like I'm not prepared or I won't be a good mom or-" I cut Anna off saying "Anna I had a baby at sixteen , trust me your prepared , you wnet to colledge , your married to someone you love , you have a good job you are ready for this" she repsonded saying "I've lost most of my friedns and my family: I nodded saying "well An if there treat you like that maybe they weren't your friends to begin with". She sighed before I added "listen I have some friedns who were really there for me through everything and at the end of the month we have dinner together so you and Jeffrey should come" Anna nodded again before saying "how's jackson doing after-" I cut him off saying "he's fine , he's actually already to forgive her" she chuckled befroe I added "so how far along are you" she responded saying "almost three months we wanted to wait" I nodded before she added "It's a boy" I gasped before saying "oh really" she nodded before saying "thank you Y/n" I nodded saying "your welcome Anna".

After talking to Anna and Jeffrey and realized if dad wasn't home I knew there was only one place were dad could be , at work which happend to be the police station. I pulled infront of th staition before walking in , I immidently walked to receotion were Flo was before she spoke saying "hi Y/n sweetheart it's gppd to see you" I responded saying "you too Flo" before I could say anything else she stood up before saying "oh no Jackson today" I nodded since when I saw my dad at work jackson was usually with me and usually got some type of treat from Flo (which was how it was when Jeffrey , Katie and I were younger). I spoke agagin saying "Flo is dad in" she nodded saying "down the hall in his office dear and next time you bring that little one with you" I nodded before wlaking down to his office , I knocked on the door of his office before opening the door to see my father was in some type of meeting. I spoke saying "I'll come back" he shook his head saying "no need Y/n make it quick". I sighed before saying "uh actually dad we should talk in private" he sighed before looking at Callahan and Powell saying "lets take a break this shouldn't be long" they both nodded before Powell walked out with Callahan (who winked at me) followed behind , they closed the door before dad spoke saying "so what happened now Steve get lost in his reflection". Dad chuckled to himself before I rolled my eyes , I sighed saying "dad that's not funny" he shook his head before I added "what did you say to steve outside yesterday". Dad shook his head again before I asked "so when Jackson was in tears telling me that you told his father that he wasn't a part of our family and that the only reason he was their was because Jackson was his father he was lying to me" dad sighed saying "okay so I might have said that" I huffed before the door of his offic opened to reveal Hopper on the other side , dad spoke saying "can I help you Jim" he responded saying "oh well I thought I heard Y/n so I assumed Jackson was-" I cut him off saying. "I'm sorry Jim it's just me but I'll bring him by soon" he nodded before saying "hey Y/n can you watch El next weekend it's Joyce and I's annivery" I nodded before saying goodbye to Jim , dad spoke saying "Y/n I know I was harsh but come on that kid has everything handed to him on a gold spoon and somethimes the boy needs to be reminded what leveak he's on with me" I rolled my eyes before he added. "Now you young need to apolaige to your brother and your mom" I shook my head saying "I have already apolagized to Jeffrey and  I won't appolagize until she does to both Steve and Jackson" dad rolled his eyes before I spoke again "and dad" I said before adding. "I want you and mom to know that Steve and I and our son will be spending christmas with his family" he shook his head before I got uo and walked out of his office.

Steve's P.O.V

I had just finished placing the last item in the closet before closing it  when I heard the front door open and shut. I walked out of the geust bedroom before seeing Y/n kick her shoes off temperly , I could just tell by looking at her that she was upset , I could also see she didn' t have the supposeded garbage bags she went out for in the first place. I went to ask what was the matter but befroe I could she wrapped her arms around me pulling me forcefullt in a hug , she spoke saying. "I love you so so much so srew them" I responded saying "screw who" Y/n pulled away from her hug before asking "yesterday did my dad tell you you'll never be apart of our family". I sighed before nodding , Y/n responded saying "Steve if they don't want you in their family then I don't want to be apart of their family , and I'm sorry that he said that , I'm sorry you had to go their and if you would like we can have christmas woth your family". I nodded before she pecked my lips , I spoke saying "I don't want you to be sorry okay , it's my fault I-" she cut me off saying "Steve it's not your fault okay youv'e come along way and my dad just for some reason doesn't see it" I nodded before pecking her lips only for her to pull away saying "did you have a grilled cheese" I chuckled and nodded before she added "could you make me one" again I nodded before walking into the kitchen.

I was drying the last dish when Y/n walked back into the kitchedn saying "he's a settled" I nodded since about halfway through movie night both Jackson and Y/n dozed. I hung the towel back up on the bar across the oven before she added "are you excited about dinner tmorrow night" again I nodded since close to the end of every month we get together with our friend and catch up with eachother since it isn't often anymore we can all hang out and see eachother. Y/n saw both Alex and Matt when she was at work , but that was work and their probably wasn't much talk other than talk about work. I spoke saying "so when is it Katies coming" Y/n responded saying "Monday afternoon , I'm getting out of work early so do you mind getting Jackson from your mom" I shook my head before she added "hey are you sure your gonna be okay with this , I mean Katie and Oliver staying" I nodded before walking over to the trash can since I usually took the trash out when I took Buster out for a walk (and to smoke). I spoke saying "hey you didn't happen to get trahbags did you" Y/n shook her head before I added "isn't that what you went out for" she shrugged before I grabbed the trash bag and Buster's leash.

I closed the front door and unhooked Buster from his leash , he trotted to his dog bed that was besides the small fireplace that was built in to the apartment , Y/n was no longer in the kitchen so I walked down the Hallway to see Y/n seated on out bedroom floor with a box in front of her with Y/n written on the side of it. I took the seat across from her before saying "what's in this" she immidnetly tried closing the box saying. "nothing" I noticed another box next to it before Y/n could catch on I grabbed whatver was on the top of the box it was a book and I could tell by the look on Y/n's face she wasn't happy I had it.

Y/n's P.O.V

Oh no , not that why did he have to find that , before I could say anything Steve looked at the book and started to laugh , oh great he was laughing. He finally spoke saying "oh my god you actually read this garbage" I rolled my eyes before trying to take the book out of his hand only for him to hoo me away. I sighed as he looked back in the box and pulled out the rest of the books , the books orignianlly started as a gag gift from Paige for my borthday a couple years ago , they were trashy romance novels you could pick up from the grocery store. That wan't the joke Paige happened to find a few where the main charater happened to look almost exactly like Steve. Of course Steve noticed and of course he let it go to his head , he laughed so hard I was almost afraid he would wak Jackson , I rolled my eyes before he gestured to the cover of the book before gesturing to himself saying. "Am I crazy or do I see a resemblence" I shook my head before Steve pulled something else out of the box , oh no not the diaries before I could take that he started flipping through the pages , he spoke saying "October first nineteen seventy five" oh great now he's gonna read it out loud. Steve contiued saying " I hate hate hate Steve Harrington today he peaked at my speliing test and who got in trouble , me. That snotty bratty jerk gets away with anything and it's not fair , now I'm  grounded for two days and I'm not allowed to go over to any of my friends house and Mrs. Patterson was going to help Matt and I with our scince fair project and now I'm stuck at home in my room. Steve Harrington is the most annoying , selfish and jerky person I've ever meet and I will never ever ever like him". I rolled my eyes before he added "wow this Steve guy is horrieble" I had no words , none. Buster entered are room and laid next to me resting his head on my leg before Steve deceied to read more of my diary " April seventh ninteen seventy six" this time he spoke in a squeeky and pitchy voice which I assumed was an impression of me , neither Buster or I were impresses as he continued "I like Steve Harrington , oh my god I actually like Stve Harrington. I must not be feeling well but I think I actually like him , today he came in and he had glasses , glasses and nobody talked to him. He had to have lunch with the new girl , I went to greet the new girl in Ms. Andrews class and I spent most of luch actually talking to Steve instead of Colleen (the new girl). It turns out we have more in common then I thought and I actually feel bad for putting that rubber spider in his backpack last week , but that's it were just going to be friends". I rolled my eyes before petting Busters head and rubbing behind his ear which we've just recoenly learned he really likes , he nuzzed into my leg before Steve spoke saying "wow so this Steve guys getting better so when does she realize she loves him" I descdied I might as well get this over with so I responded saying "keep reading" he nodded before turning quiet a few pages "oh" he said before adding " May twenty third nighteen eighty one , I kissed  Steve , tonight we had our real first date. It was the most magical night , we had a picnic , we danced , Steve feel into the pool and pulled me in with him (I saw Steve without a shirt on) and we kissed. Oh I wish I couldn've stayed their forevr in that place and time , sure it was in his laundry room but it felt so amazing , I had my first kiss , well first kiss that meant something and not with-" Shit. "I wasn't your first kiss" I responded saying "yes you were you were my first kiss" he shook his head before quoting the diary by saying "well my first kiss that means something , what does that mean". I sighed saying "you were my first kiss you were but that wan't the first time we kissed" he shrugged before I added "do you remeber when we all went to go see a new hope" he nodded before I added "well it was half way through the movie when I lened to whisper something to you and you moved at the same time" he chuckled saying "yeah and we brushed lips for two seconds that wasn't a kiss". I sighed saying "well I thought it did until you didn't say anything so I thought you weren't intrested" he shook his head saying "oh I'm very very intrested " he pecked my lips beofr epractially falling on top of me and waking Buster , I chuckled before pushing him off saying "I'll be right back don't go through anymore of my stuff" he nodded before I walked out of the bedroom.

Steve's P.O.V

When Y/n left I couldn't help but go through a  few more pages , there were mostly sweet and very cute as well as funny but one page stuck me , It said. May twenty third nighten eighty three He cheated on me , that lying disgusting peice of shit cheated on me. Why , why did he do it , was it my fault wasn't I enough and with her of all people after all of the bullying , harassment and teasing I've gotten from her that's who of all people it had to be. I gave him everything , all of my first and he took that from me and it's something I could never have back , mom was right about staying away from the Harringtons their selfish backstabers that can't control themselves and Jackson. Poor sweet inocent Jackson for the rest of his life will have him as a father , what have I done , what am I going to do-. That was as much as I could take of that , just reading it I could feel her pain , heartbreak and sadnnes she felt I could alos begin to feel guilt crawl back like it did all those years ago. When Y/n returned I helped her put the boxes in the closet and walked walked out to the living room to watch whatever was on tv so late in the evening  , Y/n and I were snuggled on the couch for who knows how long , but it was long enough that the hairspray in my hair practically disapeared and mascsara had become a bit runny and was collecting under her eyes but she was still beautiful anyways. Y/n spoke saying "I love you" I responded saying "are you sure you love me know that you know my secret" she gigled before saying "oh sweetie it's not bad your just very sentimental , it's sweet". I nodded before saying "well I love you too then" she snuggled into me before I added "so what time is dinner tomorrow" I got no response , I looked down to see Y/n was fast asleep in my arms.

I awoke the following morning and let out a few yawns before turning to see Y/n was gone , I looked at the clock to see it was a few minutes after seven. After peeling of the covers I walked to the bathroom and brushed my teeth before looking to see something wasn't right , my contacts weren't on the counter. I began to panice before feeling a pair of arms wrap around mine waist , I felt a couple pecks an my shoulder before a voice spoke  "good morning sleepy" it was Y/n. I shrugged aside her words before saying "do you know where my contacts are" she shook her head before I added "I had them right here and-" I cut myself off before seeing an empty box in the trash can with a note to remind myself to pick them up from the pharmasist. I sighed before Y/n spoke again saying "what wrong" I responded saying "I don't have contacts" she nodded saying "okay so what are you going to do".  I didn't respond I instead walked back into the bedroom before I opened the drawer in my nighstand and dug around before pulling out what I was looking for , my glasses. They were covered in dust so I blew the dust off before I placed I put them on , I couldn't remember the last time I had to wear these , I knew I wored them when Jackson was a baby but I didn't know if there was another time. When I was in fourth grade I noticed how it was hard to see what was on the board and reading became difficult and sure enough I needed glasses , and of couse they had to be thick rimmed which only made the situation worse but this was also when Y/n entered the picture and was their for me. I blinked a few times to get used to seeing  with my glasses on , Y/n pecked my cheeks before saying "I love them" I sighed before she added "hey so the plans still good for today" I responded saying "what plan" she responded saying "well I've got work early so I can leave early for dinner tonight , you've got to take Jackson to school today we talked abou this" I sighed before she added "I'm gonna hop in the shower do you mind waking him" I nodded before she walked back into the bathroom.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.7K 523 18
It's AU everyone is age up so they're all 16/17years old Because of personal reason you moved to a new High school You thought it would be hard to...
4.4K 323 74
GB-Fanfic When she met him, she couldn't believe it, but how will this end?
27K 205 25
You and the guys have been living with eachother for 5 years, in some of these stories you might find some or one of the guys having feelings for y...
4.8K 97 10
⚠️ DISCONTINUED AS OF 8-29-2021⚠️ (May pick it back up later on but most likely not) You were just a normal girl who did everything with your best fr...