(AU Sans x Reader) Unknown Bo...

By ClickCryptic

You're an emotionless yet guarded person. You rarely trust anyone much less let them get to know you. But, wi... More

Intro To The Multiverse
Shockveins And An Interaction
Unwanted Company
Answers With More Shockveins
Suspicion And Chocolate
A Hug From A Stranger
Trust Gained
Concern Wrapped In Blue
Secrets Kept Safe
Bonding With A Paint Fight
A Movie Full Of Pain
A House Full Of Memes
Don't Kill Fresh
Just Another Day In Hell
Bloopers
A Nightmare Or A Dream
Negative And Positive Thoughts
Error Filled Day
Dust And Smoke
Flames Of Color
Lake Of Pranks
Dying Fate
Horror With A Little Bit Of Hope
Coma With Answers
A Secret Revealed
Comfort And Hugs
No Killing Anyone
Revival Of The Memes
Stalkers much
Gifts And Danger
Danger Appears
*Special Chapter*
Her Fate
Echoing Screams
Awake But Not Alive
Deadly Questions
Awakened Soul
It Won't Heal
A Hidden Pain
Adventure Awaits
Traveling For Answers
Bonding With A Killer
Ink And An Error
A Lesson
Fishing Is Scary
Fate Is Not In Your Hands
You Need To Wake Up
You're Back
A Ring
A/N
Schedule
Hello... I owe an Explanation
Just a quick question before I start!

Rules and Paint

4.4K 158 94
By ClickCryptic

Y/n made her way down the hallway and to her room. She had some things that needed to be done, such as programming the house so the 'Squiggles Mode', (A strange name, she knows, but she didn't choose it) didn't kick in and completely obliterate the skeletons' and leave not even a trace of their dust.

She had to know what type of role they took in the multiverse, because their deaths could upset the balance of things and she didn't need the entire multiverse having a seizure because of it. She also needed to know why the magic was going berserk this time - hopefully the magic would settle itself soon.

The door to her room was still locked when she got there, at least they didn't go into my room or try to force their way in, she spared the blue door a glance and her mouth twitched downward into a frown for a mere second.

That door won't ever be opened again . . . at least, not for a long time anyway.

"Ignore the door, Y/n." she told herself and opened the door - the door unlocked itself while she was momentarily distracted by Zane's and Noah's room.

It doesn't matter anymore - they're not coming back, she told herself and locked the door behind her. She didn't need the skeletons' peeping in and questioning her, especially Cross. He already pissed Exco off and was quickly marking himself down on the to-kill list; Exco however knew that it couldn't kill them (I mean it can kill them it just won't), it doesn't mean it can't make their lives a living hell while they're here.

"Computer, research magic origins," she said as she sat down on her bed.

A bluish-glowing keyboard appeared in front of her along with a screen, words and images started to fly all over the screen, popping up and vanishing as soon as it appeared - like a river, and like every river there was always a source.

"All skeletons are from different alternate universes," a clear and robotic voice said, breaking the silence in her room - the voice came from the keyboard.

"Already knew that," she said to the computer.

"What roles do they play in the universe?"

She watched the screen intently, images flashed across the screen - of different monsters, of different scenarios, and different places.

"Classic or Undertale Sans is a skeleton of judgement: he watches a human child known as 'Frisk' through their routes - genocide, pacifist, or neutral - at the end of each route before they reach the king - King Asgore - he will pass judgment on the child."

"So he's like a protective older brother with a temper," she said and an image appeared at the word 'brother': it was of Classic and another skeleton, taller and had a more innocent look - it reminded her of Noah.

The thought of Noah made her advert her eyes from the image and focus on the keyboard, a steady stream of blood started to run down her chin and dripped of her chin in a steady beat.

Didn't the computer say routes? That isn't possible - you can only have one option for one path, but just to make sure, "You said routes as in multiple?"

"Yes. Though rare the child possesses the determination soul thus giving them the reset button, the ability to go back in time but only to an extent - only back to the ruins: the place where their journey of the underground started."

"A reset button, huh?" she wondered if it was possible for herself to acquire such a button - how many things she'd be able to fix before it happened.

"What role does Cross play?" she questioned and wiped the blood off her chin with the back of her hand before wiping it on her pants.

"Cross's information is currently unknown - information is still being gathered and will take time, remain patient."

"Fine by me, I can wait awhile until I can blackmail him into being more tolerable."

Though Exco would have a tougher time being patient, sooner or later it was going to snap and the sight will definitely not be pretty.

"What role does Ink play?"

"Ink is the guardian and creator of the multiverse - more information is unknown and still being gathered."

"So I'm dealing with two mystery skeletons' and a judging, blue marshmallow."

With her questions finally answered she tapped her foot in a beat: tap, tap, pause, tap, tap, tap.
The floor below her whirred quietly as the sound of moving stone was heard beneath her. The floor opened up into a stone staircase and she headed down. Once down at the bottom of the stairs she headed down a dimly lit hallway, wires and blue-fire lined the hallway, all leading to the door at the end. The blue-fire was monster fire - made of magic - it wouldn't burn her and it wouldn't create smoke, so breathing wouldn't be a difficult. She opened the door and in the room laid a strange machine.

It was large, bowl-shaped, with wires connecting to it - blue and red orbs, made of magic, were swirling around the machine in a symmetrical dance.

She approached the machine and the orbs immediately headed straight into the bowl, turning into liquid the moment they touched it.

"Why is the magic unstable this time?" she said to the liquid, it shimmered and rippled before a scenario was shown.

Ink showed up in the ripple, leaping into the puddle, then a flickers of different colored flames, streams of blue and red, pieces of paper and finally blurry figures in front of a mountain.

"Ah, yes, images - very helpful."

A noise made her attention go elsewhere: a hiss.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm working on it!" she yelled, feeling a glare digging into the back of her head from through the walls, "It's hard to decipher images, Exco."

The glare dug harder into the back of her head.

Y/n.

"I said I'm working on it!"

The burning in the back of her head faded and she sighed, "That snake really needs to get more patience." she muttered, watching the images get repeated in the bowl.

"Ink obviously has something to do with this - that much is clear-" she cut herself off and peered at one image in particular: the different colored flames.

That images peeked her interest, and if she was correct than its was magic - specifically skeleton magic. She'd have to go to the library to make sure.

"So, if I am right about this the different flames mean different levels or types of magic, which means that those flames belong to different skeletons." she placed a hand on her chin and closed her eyes, thinking intently.

Ink showed up and this universe reacts very badly to new magic - I should know considering what happened to Zane and Noah- I should've never allowed them to practice magic. Moving on before I start coughing up blood again. New magic would mean more trouble in this universe, which means that the magic in this universe would become unorganized immediately when it sensed foreign magic that isn't a part of its own. Which would mean . . .

"Ink was never meant to find this Universe - his magic being here made it unstable. Made it fuse with the Universe, dragging his alternate selves here by force in order for the magic to become stable and familiarize itself with the other presences." she concluded, though there is always the chance that she could be wrong. Then again, she does observe and think a lot - coming to different conclusions of things.

"So there could possibly be the chance that more could arrive," the thought of more of them in her house gave her a headache.

Echoing hisses came from all around her and she looked up from the bowl, "I hear ya, I hear ya."

Y/n focused her attention back to the bowl and the hissing became louder just a few seconds later.

"Alright! I'll go make dinner," she tapped a finger against the liquid and it cleared, "but I'll be having a major headache the whole time." she mumbled and backed up, watching bubbles rise from the liquid until the bowl was empty and the blue and red orbs flew around it again.

She walked down the hallway - stepping over wires - and up the stairs.

She heard the echoing of the door closing a moment later when she reached the top of the stairs, Thanks, Exco, and she tapped the floor once, the stairs closing and vanishing under the floorboards.

She turned her attention to her desk and walked over to it, ripping a piece of paper out from a random page and grabbed a pencil from one of the drawers and wrote down a reminder: go to the library after making dinner. She shoved the note in her pants pocket once she was done and dropped the pen on the desk.

Make a healthy dinner, Exco says. You need to eat better, Exco says. You're a snake not a damn parent.

A loud thud from behind the door made her turn around. She rose a brow, who the hell was that?

"Ow!"

By the stars it's Ink. Why is it Ink? Actually it's best that it's Ink and not Cross or Classic.

She thought for a second.

But then again, is being deaf any better?

She thought of Cross's accusing glare and Classic's protectiveness.

Yes it is.

Y/n sighed and walked to the door, opening it and found Ink rubbing his skull as he sat on the floor.

"Did you run into the door or?"

Ink looked up at her, his pinpricks a star and exclamation point.

"Y/n!" he got up immediately, rubbing the back of his skull as an embarrassed rainbow-blush coated his cheekbones.

Y/n rose at brow at the blush, "There's no need to be embarrassed, it was a simple mistake - now what did you need?" she questioned, getting straight to the point: she wasn't as harsh with him because he actually had common sense - which Cross clearly lacked, (she wasn't sure about Classic yet).

"Umm, Cross is rummaging through rooms-" Ink barely was able to finished his sentence before Y/n walked past him. She didn't need to ask Ink to know where Cross was: she just had to follow the sounds of movement- and he proved her point that he lacked common sense.

She kept her footsteps light, wanting to catch him in the act so he doesn't have the chance to deny that he was snooping. She walked down the hallway and found him; he was snooping in the library.

He's made a fucking mess of this room.

Books were thrown about the room without a care in the world, he's damaging my books, and that made her hand clench: He doesn't listen does he?

She gripped his shoulder and turned him around, she grabbed the front of his shirt and glared into his pinpricks. He looked shocked and a bit scared that he was caught, but he hid it behind a glare.

"Listen here, skeleton. I told you not to snoop - I have no care in the world for your soul and I don't have any hesitation to kill you here and now." she tossed him away and he managed to stay on his feet.

"I warned you before and I will go through with my words," she stated and he glared into her blindfold.

"Glare all you want but know this, the moment you attempt anything: you'll be nothing more than dust on this floor." she threatened and looked at the doorway. Ink was watching nervously and Y/n knew what he was thinking: Please don't kill him! Please don't Y/n, he's my friend!

Y/n sighed, "Ink, straighten him out." she didn't leave him any room to say anything and walked past him.

Ink has proven that he has common sense and hopefully he'll use it to and maybe give some to Cross since he clearly needs some . . . and some anger management now that she thinks about it.

"I'm going to make dinner, I'll tell you when it's done." she said as she walked down the hallway. She couldn't let them starve (at least not Classic - he has a family and she knows what role he takes in the multiverse), Ink and Cross were still unknown so she had to let them live until she got answers.

She spotted Classic sitting on the couch. The tv wasn't on and he was just sitting there, silently, staring into space: because that's not creepy at all, but then again, who am I to judge?

She walked down the stairs, "I'm making dinner," she told him as she walked past. He didn't say anything and she didn't bother repeating herself.

She grabbed what pots and pans she needed from the drawers and started making dinner. Just as she promised Exco: she was going to make asparagus, chicken, and rice.

As she was making dinner she thought about the situation the skeletons' have been forced into; they were dragged from their home; dragged away from their family; dragged away from everything they've known and loved and forced into another universe entirely with a person (and snake) that didn't give a shit about them, only keeping them around because they were forced to.

She couldn't care less.

Don't care about them.

Though they were her problem for the time being.

She paused.

Shit, I forgot to make a list of what the skeletons needed- I'll do that later. Focus on dinner right now, she thought as she started to fry the chicken, make sure that it doesn't get dry. Dry chicken is disgusting. she reminded herself, distinctly remembering the time she accidently gave both Zane and Noah some dry chicken . . . let's just say not-so-nice words were said and they were very sick a few hours later. So from then on when she was cooking with chicken she made sure it wouldn't dehydrate.

And even though they're gone I still can't help but linger on the past.

She placed the chicken aside on the stove and boiled the water while she worked on the asparagus, adding a bit of spice to it.

The scraping of metal-against-metal made her momentarily distracted. She turned around in time to see Exco drop from a hole in the ceiling and land on the counter. It straightened itself and shook its head, the fall temporarily confusing it.

"Did you do it?" she asked, watching Exco raise its head to look at her. Red flashed across its scales as it stayed silent, thinking about something - she didn't know what.

A sizzle brought her attention back to the asparagus and she moved it around before it burned.

It took a few moments for Exco to answer her question, but the low tone of its hiss told her all she needed to know.

"Thank you," she said and turned off the stove, "Now they won't bother me for blankets," grabbing the plates from the cupboard beside her and the utensils as well.

"I'll set the table and let the skeletons' eat alone so I won't have to sit in tense silence. I'll eat in the library and let them get used to the place." she muttered to herself and walked into the dining room, placing the plates down and the utensils beside them.

"Not to mention that I'll be able to eat alone without glaring pinpricks piercing my head." she mumbled and adjusted her blindfold when she felt it start to move down.

This is going to hurt..

"Dinner is ready!" she shouted.

Yup, there's the pain. she thought, grabbing her throat and rubbing it as if that'll somehow help it.

Exco hissed lightly - which sounded like soft-static - from behind her and she turned around to stare down at them.

"What's the catch?" she questioned, crossing her arms and giving them a glare from behind the blindfold - brushing the softly, glowing-strand of hair out of her face.

Exco hissed softly again and Y/n sighed, "You won't give up on that will you?" Exco shook its head, hissing-a-laugh and Y/n kneeled down, uncrossing her arms and laying one on the ground for Exco to slither up her arm; Exco did just that and wrapped itself around her neck.

Y/n held out her hand expectantly under Exco's mouth and Exco dropped one of the marbles from earlier onto her palm - Exco had grabbed one earlier for this very instance - she popped the marble into her mouth and immediately felt her throat become numb.

"Thanks, Exco." she whispered and Exco nudged her cheek in response, its way of saying, "You're welcome". Exco nudged her cheek again before slithering off her neck, landing on the floor with a 'thud' that was painful for her ears to hear, (it sounded like a knife scraping against a plate) and slithered to the kitchen.

The skeletons' still hadn't moved from their spots even though she had shouted, and she knew that her voice would have echoed too, it was a big house after all. They really were testing her patience weren't they?

"Exco." that was all she had to say before a blaring alarm erupted through the house, startling almost everyone, and a few shouts were heard - the alarm silenced a second later, sounding akin to a siren and a fire alarm, that is if the fire alarm only screeched once before going quiet.

She heard Classic fall of the couch with a startled-painful 'thud' and a sharp yell - followed by a few hushed curses. Y/n felt the atmosphere shift and heard Ink's concerned-voice saying, "Are you okay, Classic?" along with a pained, "Yeah, just fine."

Classic walked into the dining room and immediately glared at her as if she had just killed his entire family and left him alone somewhere to die, and if she looked close enough she could see the well-hidden fear; the fear grew when he heard a hiss from the kitchen.

"It's not poisoned so help yourself," she said.

Cross and Classic sent her a glare that clearly said, "As if we'd ever believe anything you say", while Ink hesitantly went to the kitchen, grabbing his plate on the way there.

"Then starve, it's not my problem," she shrugged and went back into the kitchen to grab a plate for herself.

Exco was watching Ink diligently, hissing when he was about to grab too much of one thing: it wanted to make sure there was enough for everyone.

"Keep an eye on them," she whispered and Exco nodded, turning to glare the skeletons' distastefully.

She held the plate carefully as she walked upstairs, immediately heading the library to research, write things down, and clean up the mess that Cross made. "Write down the list first, then research the soul later," she muttered to herself as she walked into the library, kicking the door closed behind her.

She walked to a table near the couch and set the plate down before picking up the books that Cross had tossed carelessly on the floor, damn book-abuser, she thought as she picked up another book, being careful to not damage the pages or cover. She gathered all the books and put them back in their appropriate place - making sure to not mix up which book went where.

Once that was done she searched through the shelves for the book about souls: she grabbed it once she found it. She turned around and walked to the couch, setting the book down next to her before sitting down. She leaned forward and grabbed a piece of paper from the drawer in the table in front of her, along with a pencil.

She wrote down on the list what the skeletons' needed; new clothes and such. If they're going to stay for who knows how long the least she could do was get them what they need so they don't complain later - maybe even earn their trust, (not that she cared if they trusted her, although their trust could be useful in certain events) though she knows it won't be that easy. They don't seem like the gullible and trust-easy type.

Once she was done and checked the list to make sure she forgot anything - which she forgot to add to get some more groceries since she wasn't going to be the only one eating in the house anymore - she picked up her plate and started to eat; she knew Exco was going to be mad at her if she didn't eat before getting to work on her studies.

She set the plate down once she was done and picked up the book.

Time to get some answers on determination souls.

She flipped through the chapters, trying to find the topic of the determination soul; 'The determination soul is a rare soul that has the ability to reset but only when they're determined about something' - for their own reasons; take Frisk for example: Frisk was originally going to leave the underground, but in time their goal to leave had become a mission to help the monsters and set them free.

Information that I already know.

She flipped through the book and as she did so a memory came to mind: it was the day after she brought Zane and Noah back to the house. They had barely slept, being in a new house and all with a person they barely knew and a snake that never slept; it would be very hard to sleep, especially since it seemed that they could hear the snake slithering in the walls.

Y/n was in the living room that day working on a project: the project was Zane's and Noah's room. She decided to let them sleep in her bed while she took the couch; she let Zane and Noah explore the house when they woke up. No room was off limits for them and she told them if they were hungry they could help themselves to whatever they wanted - and if they needed something to drink they could come find her, (they were too small to reach the cabinets).

A crash woke her out of her thoughts and she immediately got up, she was on edge and she reached into her pocket for a knife; she's been on edge since she brought them back - she was waiting for anyone to bust the front door down and take them, but she wasn't going to let that happen.

The noise came from the direction of the kitchen and she speed-walked over there, she curled her hand into a fist, prepared to punch whatever dim-witted intruder that had decided to break in.

"Ow," a soft, yet pained-voice groaned.

She immediately released her fist and walked into the kitchen, finding a Noah on the ground, who, upon hearing her footsteps looked up with fearful, slitted eyes. His ears were lowered against his head and he covered them with his arms; a telltale sign that he was expecting to be hit by her.

Her heart fell at that: she would never hurt him.

"Hey," she had said.

She had made her voice soft, gentle; she saw someone doing that once to a scared kid so now she was imitating what they had done, "I'm not going to hurt you." she knelt down, making sure she wasn't near him: it would only make him more afraid.

She didn't know what to do. She didn't know how to help in this situation.

She thought for a bit before an idea came to him: he needs Zane.

Zane was the solution to this.

But, she didn't know if it was the right idea to leave him alone; yelling for Noah would make it worse and would also hurt her throat. She would send Exco but Zane wasn't exactly a huge fan of Exco - both he and Noah were scared of them.

However, it was the only thing she could think of so she guesses she'll have to traumatize the child with the snake in order for him to comfort his brother. The only problem with that is she didn't know where Exco was at the moment.

It seemed that luck was on her side today and she heard scratching-slithering scales behind her - the only downside to this was that Exco's presence seemed to make Noah start to shake and mumble to himself, and if she listened close enough she could hear the soft 'pat' of tears hitting the ground.

"Exco," she whispered softly to not make Noah more afraid, "go get Zane."

Exco didn't give her a response that it heard her but the sound of slithering was all she needed to hear to know that it had heard her. A few minutes went by and Y/n simply watched Noah cry; it was all she could do since he didn't trust her yet. Zane suddenly rushed past her and engulfed Noah in a hug. She didn't ponder on why she didn't hear him approach - it didn't matter, all that matters is that Zane was now comforting his brother.

She forgot to ask Noah if he was okay . . . she'll just have to do that later when he's feeling better - less afraid to be more accurate.

Exco was curled up on the table, observing the plans she had for Zane's and Noah's room.

Y/n sat down on the couch and observed Exco silently, wanting to see what it thought about the plans. She needed its feedback before working on the blueprints. Exco paused and started hissing lowly, it found something to complain about.

Exco turned its head and glared at her with parental disappointment.

"What is it now?" she questioned, leaning forward and resting her head on her knuckles and a teasing grin dawned on her face; it was always fun tormenting Exco.

Exco let out a series of low-pitched hisses, that sounded like a knife being scrapped against stone, except very slowly.

"Why can't they have a kitchen in their room? They won't have to go downstairs to get food." she questioned, not really seeing what was wrong with installing a kitchen in their room.

Exco shook its head in disappointment and Y/n felt as if it was going to start 'yelling' at her - more of just hissing so loudly and so high-pitched that her ears would bleed.

A flash of red electricity ran down its metal scales and it opened its mouth, about to start hissing at her.

"Fine, fine, no kitchen. How about a mini fridge?" she questioned.

Exco closed its mouth and thought about it before nodding - Y/n sighed in relief.

"A mini fridge there will be," she said, grabbing a pencil and crossing off the 'personal kitchen' and instead added 'mini fridge in the corner'.

"What else should there be? I have beds, drawers, a shelf for books if they're interested- I should probably ask them what they want in their room," she muttered the last bit to herself.

Just as she said that Zane and Noah walked out of the kitchen. Zane had his arm wrapped around his brother, and Noah's face was red from the crying: his ears were still folded against his head, but he at least looked better than before.

"Zane, Noah, come here," she said, not realizing that her voice sounded cold to them.

Exco hissed at her and she ignored it, instead focusing on Zane and Noah, who flinched when they heard her but walked over anyway.

"I have a question for both of you," they winced when she said that, it was almost in the same exact tone their mother used when they were in trouble.

"What would you like in your room?" that caught them off guard.

"What?" Zane questioned, it sounded so soft that Y/n almost didn't hear him.

That question was filled with so much fear that Y/n's soul gave a flashing-stutter of concern - Y/n didn't even realize it.

"What would you like in your rooms?" she repeated, pretending she didn't feel what her soul felt.

They stayed quiet, processing what they had just heard; Y/n was pretty sure their 'mother' never took into consideration what they wanted. Ever.

Noah spoke up first, which is what surprise her, "Books?" he questioned, looking at her before looking down at his feet.

"What types of books?" she questioned, and Noah looked up with a hopeful glint in his green eyes, "Um, science and fantasy?"

Y/n wrote that down.

"Hm, I wasn't expecting that but sure- are you an avid reader?" Noah looked confused now, "W-what does, av-avid mean?' he questioned, testing out the word.

She smiled softly, "It means having an interest or enthusiasm for something."

"O-Oh, then yeah! I am an avid reader!" he practically yelled with excitement, before regret showed in his eyes and the smile vanished from his face. He quieted and leaned back into the couch, nervous and skittish-looking as if he was expecting something bad to happen for just expressing excitement.

Y/n forced a fake laugh (to Zane and Noah it sounded real) through her mouth, making Noah look up at her.

"It's good to be interested in something." she stated before turning her attention to Zane who had yet to say what he wanted.

There was a determined yet hesitant glint in his green eyes. His semi-slit-pupils contracted then expanded as he thought about if he should ask it or not.

"A ball-pit?" he questioned at last, and Y/n's brows rose in surprise: she was not expecting that question, it never even crossed her mind once.

"Yeah, that can work." she said after a few seconds of thinking about it and wrote it down.

Zane cheered and flung himself at her, hugging her. She froze.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" he yelled.

After a few moments of him hugging her he seemed to freeze before pushing himself off her; he looked regretful now.

"I'm sorry. I just wasn't expecting you to agree an-" he started to rapidly say before Y/n placed a hand on his shoulder, cutting him off.

"It's fine. You were excited so your reaction was understandable." she smirked and let go of his shoulder.

"Now that that's out of the way, it's about time I go get your things-" Exco cut her off with a quick hiss and Y/n turned to look at them, "what is it?"

It needs to be done.

"Oh, right." she picked up the piece of paper and shoved it carelessly into her pocket. "C'mon you two, before I go there is something that needs to be done." Zane and Noah got off the couch and followed her, holding each other's hands. She led them down the hallway and stopped at a table holding a seemingly innocent potted plant. She brushed the dirt aside and pressed a button that was hidden under the dirt.

The plant whirred softly and a needle moved itself out of the dirt and hovered over the table, the needle pointed down at the table, as if it was just waiting for a fly to land under it and meet its fate.

"Now, I know this is going to seem like a trap," she said, making both Zane and Noah back up while staring at the needle nervously; that gave her the hint that they still didn't trust her - not that she should have expected to gain their trust after asking a few questions - and definitely didn't trust the needle. She doesn't blame them, the needle is painful. She should know, she created the damn thing after all.

She internally shivered at the thought of when she had to test the sharpness of the thing to make sure it actually broke skin. She can't count how many times she pricked her finger to test it, all she can say is that it was one of her more disliked projects. The project was useful, sure, but painful to test and build.

"But it's a device that'll keep you safe," she explained, not wanting to go into detail about what it does, but one look at them and she knew she had to explain.

"This device collects your blood and downloads it into a system. This system protects you. So, anyone who enters the house with the intent to harm or kidnap either of you will be-" she tried to use her words carefully, reminding herself that they were still children, "dealt with."

"It'll be quick, I promise."

Zane was the first to move forward, he hovered his finger under the needle before pricking it quickly, muttering a quiet "Ow", and he was about to wipe the blood away but Y/n stopped him by grabbing his arm gently.

"I forgot to mention that scanners need to collect said blood," Zane slowly nodded and she let his arm go.

Noah slowly stepped forward and quickly pricked his finger and stepped away from the needle, hiding behind Y/n when the needle retreated back into the plant and a scanner appeared out of the dirt.

"Now place your bleeding finger onto the scanner." she told them and they looked at her with distrust.

"Here," Y/n said, first moving Zane's bleeding finger to the scanner; then Noah's. She pressed their fingers down on scanner. The machine whirred for a few seconds before dinging, signaling that it was done.

The scanner moved back into the dirt and Y/n moved the plant, grabbing two Band-Aids from under it. She opened them and put each Band-Aid on their bleeding fingers. She would add disinfect but she knows that the pain would only make them cry, and she didn't want to see them cry.

"So, what would you two like to call it?" she asked and they looked at her for clarification, "the mode I mean."

"Squiggles?" Noah asked without hesitation, as if he had been preparing for the question.

Zane shook his head at Noah's answer.

"No, I think Spooky House would work!" Noah giggled at that.

"What?" Zane gave his brother an indignant look, "this house is spooky!"

Exco gave Y/n a look that clearly said, 'What the hell did you bring into this house?' and Y/n just shrugged. She didn't know either.

"Now, I need to go get everything needed for your room," she told them as they stopped debating on the name, "I will be back in maybe an hour or two-"

Zane and Noah suddenly hugged her, "Don't leave!" they shouted, both sounding desperate and fear-filled.

"We don't want to be alone! What if she comes here and gets us?" they clung to her tighter.

Y/n didn't move.

She didn't speak.

She didn't even breathe.

She only snapped out of it when she heard quiet sniffles and her clothes starting to get wet.

"Hey," she said softly, hesitating before resting their hands on their head - her face showing discomfort and uncertainty.

"Remember what I just told you: you're safe here. She's not going to get you or hurt either of you again." she ruffled their hair gently - being mindful of Noah's ears.

She gently pushed them away and knelled down, keeping her hands on their heads.

"And if you don't believe me then here," she removed her hands and held out her pinkies, "how about a pinkie promise then?" they looked at her, a new hope shining in the back of their eyes.

"So you promise?" Zane asked.

"I promise," she said, her soul growing warm when they interlocked their pinkies with hers.

They smiled softly, the hope growing.

"Exco is going to watch you while I'm gone," she got up, "you need to get used to their presence but for now they'll be protecting you two from a distance so you get used to them." she said, ruffling their hair again.

"I'll be back soon." she told them and left the house, and turned around to see their heads peaking through the window, waving at her.

She sighed and closed the book, setting it aside on the couch. If she was just going to be trapped in memories that made her heart ache then she was going to distract herself - an idea came to her.

She'll go check out their rooms - maybe put some cameras or a mic inside, (not to be creepy and constantly watch them, but to know if they were plotting anything that would be a cause for concern) she'd have to program the mic to just catch anything that was needed information. Of course, she knew what she was doing was creepy - any logical person would think that - but she had a fair reason: she didn't know these skeletons and didn't know how they would act. She'd remove the mic when she knew that she didn't need to spy on them anymore.

She paused - remembering that she couldn't get sidetracked from what she said earlier.

"I need to get their magic into the system so the house doesn't-" Exco hissed from behind her.

"Alright," she said and Exco slithered away to get the skeletons, "use whatever means necessary."

It was was quiet for awhile as Exco went to go get the skeletons'. Y/n thought about the memory; Noah had ended up winning the argument. This is why she tries to refrain from arguing with the smaller children, because they always manage to win.

Shouts rang out from below, making the hallway echo, "Back away!" she heard Classic shout, followed by the sound of metallic-snapping. Exco was biting at their heels was her guess. Which was proven correct when she saw the skeletons' rushing up the stairs, Exco snapping behind them to make them move faster.

Classic and Ink were moving quickly away from the snapping snake, while Cross was glaring at it from over his shoulder every time Exco snapped.

"Since I've given you time to adjust, and eat, it's time to set some ground rules," she said, earning herself a glare from Cross.

"This is my house so you will follow the rules given to you, each of you will have separate rules to follow and I will lift those rules when you prove to me that each of you can be trusted."

"That sounds fair, what do you think?" Ink said, turning to Classic and Cross.

"This does not sound fair-"

"It is fair, Cross. This is her house." Classic surprisingly spoke up, his voice tense but calm - his posture gave away just how much he didn't trust her or this situation, which was fair considering that he was at death's doorstep a few hours ago. So she couldn't really blame him for feeling this way.

Ink has been nothing but keeping the peace, (though hesitant about the entire situation) and has been the reasonable one among them - she figured Classic would also be a reasonable one if he wasn't so on edge.

Cross however . . . she did point a gun at his skull and threaten his life, but that was about it. Though, she figured that due to some event in his past he puts on this persona or mask until he's sure that he's safe. Still, no excuse to be a walking ball of fire that'll explode the moment anything small and insignificant happens.

"But that shouldn't mean that she can just-" her point has been proven.

"Just what? This is my house and you think I want any of here you? No. It was so much better when it was just Exco and I, but now I have to deal with you skeletons because of some stupid shit malfunctioning." she practically hissed, almost choking when she felt blood climb it's way up her throat: remain emotionless, do not feel anything.

The skeletons' flinched at her tone and Ink took a cautious step back, his hand twitching to his paintbrush. Classic's pinpricks vanished and Cross glared at her with fierce hatred.

"So, are you going to listen and cooperate now?" The silence seemed to grow louder as a stare down happened between them, seeing who would move first. Who would give in firs and comply first.

It came to no surprise when Ink raised his hands and spoke up, "Let's all calm down, okay."

So Ink was the peacekeeper of the group: that didn't surprise her. With they way Cross and Classic backed down she knew she had to get on Ink's good side so he'd control them.

"Good, now that everyone is at least sort of calm- why did you need us, Y/n?" Ink questioned, lowering his hands. Peace had to be kept in order for them to stay alive, he was aware of this. He didn't want anything to happen to his friends, or to Y/n. He understood why she was acting like this. He understood completely. Which is why he was going to try to keep the peace.

He already forgot about the rules that she was going to explain? Well, she supposed the rules can wait - she needs their magic in the system so they don't die.

"I need a bit of your magic." she stated, receiving confused looks from both Classic and Cross. Classic looked like he was about to say something but backed out at the last second - probably to point out that she was going to explain the rules to them.

I'm honestly unsure how you all lasted this long . . . maybe the system is glitching? I should probably check- or maybe Exco has something to do with it? I'll ask them as soon as this is over, then go downstairs to relax. I need it after these events.

"You need what?" Cross sounded almost panicked and took a step back, but that was it.

"I need a bit of your magic." Y/n noticed Ink's pinpricks changed into a red-exclamation point and a pure-white circle, rainbow-sweat dotting his skull. He looked nervous and alarmed and his arm twitched back in the motion to grab his paintbrush; but like Cross, he didn't do anything else. They now knew better than to act. They knew what they were up against.

That's right, monsters are made of magic, so me asking for a bit of it is like asking them if I can hack a bit of their soul off.

"Just follow me." she said, giving no room for argument and walked down the hallway to the potted plant.

She paused when she noticed they weren't following her, "It's not a trap or anything," they still didn't move and she sighed internally, "Look, I know we got off on the wrong foot, but starting now, as long as you are in my house and under my care nothing will happen to you."

Ink took that as his invite to move, Classic and Cross following behind him.

Y/n brushed the blue-and-red strand out of her face and stopped beside the plant.

"Cool, a plant, now what did you really need us for?" Cross spat, crossing his arms.

If I were to go back on my words I'd immediately kill you first, Cross.

Exco hissed and coiled, preparing itself to attack Cross. It's red-glow getting violently brighter as the blue-liquid started to gather and drip down its mouth.

"I would recommend controlling that temper of yours before it gets you killed," she suggested calmly as she tapped the plant, "Exco isn't exactly calm or collected when it comes to me."

The scanner appeared out of the dirt, though different than last time: she's upgraded it since them. Now instead of a needle it just requires a fingerprint scan - but in the skeletons' case it requires their magic since they're skeletons.

"Just summon your magic in whatever way you desire. This machine will then scan the magic and you will be registered into the system as someone to protect: so anyone with the intent to harm, kidnap, whatever else that'll take you away from here- they will be killed the moment they set foot in this house."

Ink's pinpricks widened in surprise at the information while Classic seemed to be confused and alarmed. Cross looked all but happy with this information and gave her an accusing glare: I am being accused of something again.

"Before we do . . . can we know why you created this machine? Just to be more comfortable here and know you're not a wanted criminal or anything like that," Ink questioned, explaining why he wanted an answer and that made sense to her.

"Alright," she agreed, surprising everyone, even Exco, who hissed warningly - which she ignored.

You must understand Exco, in order to keep the peace and for there to not be fights every ten seconds I need to comply to some of their questions- not always, but sometimes.

"I created this machine because people- Humans and Monsters are unpredictable. Their actions. Their words, you never know what will happen, so I have to be prepared in case anything were to go wrong." Classic seemed to have an understanding glint in his pinpricks that made him almost relax- keyword almost, but at least he understood her reasoning. So that was good.

"I will look away so you can summon your magic, and so you can be comfortable- however just because my back will be turned doesn't mean that you should attack me. You already know what will happen if you do, so keep that in mind." she warned and turned around with her arms crossed, staring down the hallway.

It was quiet for awhile as they debated to move, only when she heard them move did she know they made their choice: they decided to trust what she said. But she knew that trust was going to be short-lasted. They were only complying with her so they didn't get hurt or killed. She's proven that she was well-capable of that and would - and will - do it without hesitation.

The 'dings' alerted her when the machine had taken their magic, on the final 'ding' she questioned if their magic was gone, and once she received a confirmative yes did she turn around.

Ink was shifting nervously, Classic was tense, but kept his hands in his pockets, and Cross was glaring at the plant, his pinpricks occasionally glancing to the empty space beside it.

"Now, let's move onto the rules," she started as Exco climbed its way up her leg, around her waist, and wrapped itself around her neck.

"Let's start with you, Ink," Ink smiled nervously, "You are allowed anywhere in the house beside my room and the room right next to it- which is also the same for you two as well." Cross glared at her and was about to protest, "Again, this is not your house, remember that." Classic moved a hand out of his pocket and placed it on Cross's shoulder to calm him- Cross backed down.

"Continuing on, since you're the keeper of peace, as I've observed, it's your responsibility to keep your friends in check." she moved her attention to Classic, who was patting Classic's shoulder and giving him a warning look.

She really didn't have any rules for Classic since he hasn't done anything much yet; that might change in the future. Cross however. . .

"Cross," said skeleton looked up and glared at her, "As the biggest disturbance here I suggest keeping your temper under control. Exco here," she pointed at Exco, who hissed when mentioned, "will be watching you and monitoring you- it has every right to do so since you keep starting shit." she took a challenging step forward when he looked ready to protest.

"The final rule: Do not touch or drink my Shockveins." with her final rule said she moved on to the next topic.

"Now, more rules will be added and retracted as time passes, depending on what you do." she waved her hand around, seemingly bored-looking.

"No rooms are off limits besides the ones I mentioned, help yourself to anything in the fridge, you are able to go outside but don't go far. Tell me if we are running low on food because I'm personally not a fan of starving to death." she turned to go downstairs. She was thoroughly exhausted from the events of today and just wanted to rest.

There were things that needed to get done, like chores, lists, and putting those mics in their rooms, but she was too exhausted, (both mentally and physically) to even to basic functions anymore. So now she'll just go downstairs and rest until she wakes up or is woken up.

"I will be downstairs if you need me for whatever reason, I'll let you all relax- and write down a list of things that you need or want and I'll get them. I'm not going to treat you all like prisoners. I expect the lists tomorrow morning." her footsteps echoed down the hallway and she walked down the stairs, collapsing on the couch once she was there.

A groan rose from her throat and Exco hissed and rubbed its head against her cheek, though it sharply turned its head to the stairs when it heard a shout from the hallway upstairs. A deadly glare morphed onto Exco's face and the red-glow brightened a considerable amount, blue-liquid started to drip from its mouth. It released a violent hissed that echoed around the room; the hiss was sharp and piercing, cold and violent- it was a very clear warning that the skeletons' were walking on glass that was threatening to break under them with the slightest miscalculated step.

———————————————————————————

Alpha: *hugs Y/N* ;w;

Click: Umm... Why are you hugging Y/n?

Alpha: She needs a hug! *squishes her*

Click: Y-You're going to kill Y/n *holds back laughter*

Alpha: Nevah! *picks Y/N up in a hug, smiling widely*

Click: Whelp. Story over. Y/n is dea- *gets dragged away by an angry Cross*

Alpha: *puts Y/N down and pats her head, grinning widely before walking away to go play video games (Undertale (duh))*

-Meanwhile-

*All the skeletons are watching with amusement or disappointment. Except for Ink, who is in a corner as he reads the script*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4M 307K 52
"you're all mine; the hair, the lips, the body, it's all mine." highest previous rankings: - #1 in jimin - #1 in pjm - #1 in btsfanfic cover by: @T...
303K 6.7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
825K 38.2K 60
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
1.1M 48K 94
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC