[onhold] Through All Seasons

By JilSonea

Collin, a that-good-looking-boy, loses a bet and has to be part of the yearly drama play. Alongside River. R... More

1│Winter: 'You call me monster.'
2│Winter: 'I don't know how to breathe. For real.'
3│Winter: 'I appreciate the way you watch me, I can't lie.'
4│Winter: 'I'm not a bad girl, but I do bad things with you.'
5│Winter: 'Don't fuck with my freedom.'
6│Winter: 'You know I can't show you me.'
7│Winter: 'But I still want you.'
8│Winter: 'Cause baby when I'm with you I don't know where I'd rather be.'
9│Winter: 'She's got everything I have to live without.'
10│Winter: 'Find me and I'm gonna live with ya.'
11│Winter: 'Oh baby, yes I want it.'
12│Winter: 'When you touch me I'll die just a little inside.'
13│Winter: 'I don't give a uh.'
14│Winter: 'I don't wanna be somebody, just wanna be me.'
16│Winter: 'I'm sour candy, so sweet, then I get a little angry, yeah.'
17│Winter: 'The heart wants what it wants.'
18│Winter: 'And only you.'
19│Winter: 'I wanna kiss you but I want it too much.'
20│Winter: 'Life was never worse, but never better.'
21 │Spring: 'My life is so controlled by the what if's.'
22│Spring: 'Be careful what you wish for 'cause you just might get it.'
23│Spring: 'I don't know how to be something you miss.'
24│Spring: 'I wanna kiss you but I want it too much.'
25│Spring: 'I'm gonna love ya until you hate me.'

15│Winter: 'Meet me in the afterglow.'

48 6 9
By JilSonea

Collin 

I laid on my bed, trying to focus on my video game. But I couldn't. I've played through Dark Souls three times, but I still enjoyed it. Just not tonight. 

I checked my smartphone again. It was close to eight o'clock. 

River was probably standing in front of the cinema right now. Alone. Little did she know that neither I or Tyler or anyone else would show up. I straight up lied. 

Why did I do this again? Right, because Mason could ruin me in a second. 

A few days ago, when Tyler had brought River to our table, Mason caught interest in her for whatever reason. And when he caught interest, there is nothing or nobody that can stop him from getting what he wants. So you might as well help him instead. 

I felt weak. Because I couldn't and didn't protect River whos probably one of the most innocent people I know. Thats also the reason, I guessed, why Tyler likes her. 

"Sweetheart, dinner is ready," my mom stood in the door and smiled at me. "Come on, dad is home tonight."

"I'm coming," I sighed and paused the game. As I got up, I felt slightly dizzy. I pushed the feeling aside and went downstairs to the dining room where my mom and dad already sat at the long Mahogany table. 

During dinner, my dad usually questioned me about school. It was important to him that I receive honored grades so I can be a successful lawyer or doctor or whatever in the future. "Son, any important tests coming up?" or "What topics do your classes cover currently?" Today was no expectation. But unlike the other nights when he was home and able to ask me, I couldn't concentrate on giving him pleasant answers. My mind was always drawn back to the cinema and the little, probably sad girl in front of it. The image burned itself into my brain. 

I looked up to the big clock on the wall. Eight twenty. I would just not leave me alone. 

Mason probably arrived already and a new image formed in my head. Due to my observations I knew Mason didn't treat girls with much respect. And usually I didn't think it was my business. But my mind showing me pictures of Mason grabbing River inappropriately was just too much. 

And it kind of was my business since I sold River out. 

"I have to go somewhere." I stood up as I spoke. "I'm sorry. I'll be back soon." 

I rushed out of the room and towards the garage. On my way, I grabbed my car keys and jumped in my Mercedes. It started smoothly and I drove in the direction of the town center. 

I arrived at the cinema and stormed in. I almost tripped over the red carpet laid behind the entrance door. "Holy shit." I continued my not-so-heroic-looking mission and hustled towards the doors which will lead me to the cinema halls. 

"Excuse me, Sir. You need a ticket to get into this area." A young boy, probably younger than me and spots all over his face, got out of his booth and stood in front of me. 

"I don't want to watch the film, I just need to get a girl out of there before something happens," I told him annoyed and tried to get past him. With no luck.

"No can't do. Either you wait or you pay." He probably liked being in the boss position now, since in school it's the other way around.  "Collin, 10 bucks for you." 

"But a ticket costs 6 dollars," I argued looking at the prices above our heads.  

"It does, but for you, 10 bucks. See it as my tiny revenge." A 4-dollar-revenge. Wow, but fuck it. 

I sighed and turned my back on him. I didn't want him to boss me around, but on the other side I needed to get quickly into those halls or my mind would explode of guilt.  

I could just knock him out, I thought. I glanced around, we were pretty much alone. Something held me back and I couldn't quite put my finger on it. So instead, I gave in. I got 10 dollars out of my jeans and handed them over to pimple face. 

He made a huge deal of printing out the ticket. "I'm in a hurry," I said with gritted teeth. Unfortunately, it made him even slower. "This can't be happening. I'm trying to do something good here." 

"Here you go, Sir. Enjoy the movie." He handed me the ticket after what felt like ages and smirked mischievously. I wanted to punch this face so badly. 

Without another word, I continued storming into the hall. It was dark and I had a hard time distinguishing people from seats. But yeah, in the back row, that must be them. 

Wait, Collin, hold on a second and think. Do you really want to risk a black eye by putting up with Mason, for River? Do you really want to go through with this? We've come this far and now your placing doubts in my mind? Thanks, brain. 

But then, barely, I saw Mason making a move and I stopped arguing with myself and acted immediately. 

"Let's get you out of here." I grabbed her arm and started pulling. She was surprised but didn't fight me. I got her off the seat, out of Mason's embrace, and pulled her in the lobby where I finally let go of her arm. 

Of course she asked, "What's going on here?" I really didn't think this through, my plan only went to me getting her out of Masons reach. Her confused eyes watched me carefully. 

Instead of explaining, I simply said: "I'm sorry, River." And that was the truth. I felt incredibly sorry for putting her in this situation. She took a few steps back, bringing distance between us. A distance I didn't seek because I felt a strong urge to protect her from what's coming next. 

"What did you do?" Her big green eyes looked at me. 

"Collin, you prick." Right, there was another one I had to deal with. And he was not cute and beautiful. In fact, he looked a lot like a bull that had seen red. I was 'red' in this scenario in case you wondered. "This was not part of the deal." 

Did you have to mention the "deal" in front of her, prick? I thought. This is getting worse each second passing by. I had no clue how to keep the damage as little as possible. 

"I know, the deal is over. There is no deal, Mason. The deal just fell through." I stated firmly, watching the bull carefully, daring to stare in his eyes. I wondered if I could take him on. I moved my body swiftly to hide River behind it. Just to be sure that she was not getting any hits if it came this far. 

Mason was coming closer and, keeping my metaphor, his nostrils flared up. It was not nice to watch, trust me. 

As he moved even closer and apparently decided, it was worth a punch by lunging for me, River quickly stepped in front of me, parried the hit and struck him on the Adam's apple. Mason ruckled and stumbled a few steps back. 

I was speechless while River glared at him in disgust. As my muscles start to relax, I took her hand and said, "Now, let's get out of here for real." 

She nodded and turned away from a coughing Mason who still hadn't recovered from her firm punch. 

Pimple face was watching the entire scene, but was, now, too scared to interfere.  

"River," I said as we stopped outside the building, "I can explain." 

"I stop you right here," she puts her hand on my chest, "I don't want or need your explanation." She turned around and searched her handbag. 

"Wait, let me take you home." I rushed after her. "It's the least I can do after I messed up so badly," I pleaded. But wait, I didn't beg. I was Collin Harris. Its the other way around. But my mouth didn't shut up, "please." 

This was really new to me and it made me uncomfortable. I have never chased something or someone. Usually it came to me. But here, with River in this scenario, the roles somehow switched. 

"Also; I don't want or need your ride home," she said coldly. "You know, whenever I think I figured you out, to, let's say, at least 10%, you always prove me wrong. Always." She paused. "Stay away from me, I mean it. The only interactions we should have in the future are in our roles of Lily and James." 

Then she unlocked her bike and rode off. I stared at her back until I couldn't see her anymore. I really fucked up. And for some reason it mattered to me. 

"Collin, you jackass, that was quite a show." Mason appeared laughing, "but I still got a score to settle with you." He hit me on my upper arm. It did hurt but I didn't move a muscle. 

"Fuck off Mason," I said and left him where he was. I was not in the mood to settle this now.

I got in my car and drove back home. On my way, I passed River on her bike. 

I'm such an asshole, I told myself. 

Back home, back on my bed, I pulled out the drama script from my bag. Initially, I was super pissed that Ms. Howard put me in there as a punishment and I blamed Rowan and his stupid bet. But I think I started to enjoy this more and more, even though I was probably too stuck up to admit this fully to anyone. The only thing I could do for River was to give my best for the play and act the hell out of me. 

*****

I hope you liked Collin's point of view. Let me know what you thought during reading 

ෆ╹ .̮ ╹ෆ

I'm genuinely curious. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 50 51
"This was just supposed to be summer fun. That was what we agreed on." I tried to talk to him as he was vigorously shaking his head, tearing his gaze...
1.6M 7K 6
*KING BOOK 1* C O M P L E T E D || Highest - #11 teen-fiction ~ 12/01/19 || ||Highest - #11 love ~ 01/03/19 || || Highest- #1 Humour ~ 28/03/19 ||...
479 50 4
Jolene was an average girl. Some would say there was absolutely nothing special about her. Yes, she was smart, but thatˋs pretty much it. Her looks w...
30.9K 1K 28
Complete! "You know I really like you, right?" He was definitely drunk. "You do?" I asked. My voice was supposed to be teasing, but I think it ca...