The Lightning Bender | Book 1...

By sashimiavenue

•This story takes place after season 2 before season 3 starts• If only he knew what he was getting into when... More

1: Tipo's Family
2: The Case
3: Busted
4: Hiko
5: The Visit to Air Temple Island
7: The Avatar's Teacher
8: There She Is
9: Expectations
10: Hiko's Teacher
11: The Book
12: Party Invitation
13: Jianjun
14: Half-Brother
15: Pushed Away
16: The Party
17: Betrayal
18: In the Moment
19: Reconciliation
20: Constricting
21: The Ugliest Emotion
22: The Red Lotus
23: Roommates
24: Got to Him
25: Cold Night
26: Plasma
27: Jailbreak
28: Farewell
29: A Beautiful Sunrise
30: Reunion
31: Homecoming
32: Uncle Junko
33: The Washi Clan/A Terrible Teacher
34: Father's Friends
35: Sacrifice and Change
36: Hiko's Mission
37: Sora the Raven Eagle
38: Catch and Release
39: The Mountain
A/N
40: Returned
41: Katsumi
42: Dinner Party
43: Into the Forest
44: Amazed
45: Weird Familiar Feeling
46: The Gas
47: The Experiment
48: The Spirit
49: Iatsu's Friends
50: War Times
51: Rest
52: Hiko's Decision
53: Goodbye
Epilogue
A/N
A/N Book 2

6: Lunch

3.8K 74 13
By sashimiavenue

The table was full of delicious food that Pemma had prepared. Hiko and Korra made their way in and Korra introduced Hiko to Tenzin.

"Woah... Avatar Aang's son!" Hiko muttered to himself excitedly. "It's nice to meet you Tenzin." Hiko bowed, which Tenzin returned the gesture.

"Welcome to Air Temple island. Please make yourself at home." Tenzin walked away as Korra led Hiko to a couch.

"So, why did you invite me over?" Hiko asked curiously.

"Well, I actually don't know now that I think about it, but..." Korra trailed off.

"You don't know why you invited me?" Hiko raised an eyebrow.

"No. I mean I don't know if my request would be... appropriate?" Korra shrugged at herself.

Hiko was curious about this and started thinking about what Korra would want from him. He's a 13 yr old ex-convict who is dirt poor and doesn't really have anything special about himself except maybe for his Lightningbending which he had learned from his father. In that case...

"Hmm... you want to learn how to lightningbend?" Hiko guessed.

Korra widened her eyes for a second and then went back to normal after Hiko caught her.

"Yes, but I don't know because you're just a kid!" Korra exclaimed. 

"Korra, Toph Beifong discovered Metalbending when she was just 12! Age doesn't matter when it comes to bending!" Hiko raised his arms up.

Korra looked down at her toes in embarassment. When she saw Hiko all healed up that day she knew there was something about this kid. Or maybe she was going crazy and it really was a bad idea to ask this kid to be her teacher.

"Why would you ask me anyway." Hiko looked to his side avoiding Korra's gaze. Being asked to be a mentor was something that definitely intrigued Hiko but at the same time also made him feel... insecure?

"Honestly, I don't know but I feel something special about you. It might be a spiritual thing or not because I'm the avatar or something but I'm sure you're supposed to teach me." Korra expressed exactly what she thought at the moment.

"I'll think about it, but right now..." Hiko stood up stretching his arms. "... I am starving." Korra gave a small smile and lead Hiko to the dining table.

-Hiko's POV-

I sat down next to Korra eyeing the delicious looking food in front of me. I hadn't even known some of these food existed. It was weird how Korra invited me over to ask me be her teacher but I'm really thinking about it. As I ate a piece of dumpling I immediately thought of the dumplings mother used to make.

"Hiko! Come down! I made dumplings!" My mother called me in a singsong voice.

I stood up and dropped the book I was reading on the bed before I dashed out of the room.

My mother, a slim, middle-aged woman looked at me with her beautiful deep brown eyes with joy. She smiled at me before preparing lunch. The smell of her signature dumplings overwhelmed the room, it made me fall in love with this memory so much.

"Hey kiddo!" My father walked in the dining room holding a cup of tea. He was a tall man, tough looking but he was the softest person I know with the softest eyes. "Have you been reading those books I gave you?" He sat down on a chair still looking at me. I nodded eagerly. He made me read books on Energies and such. He taught me how to firebend the other day and was now eager to finally teach me how to Lightningbend.

I savored the taste of the dumpling as I looked around the table. Mako, who was across me was gazing at me. I gazed back with daggers in my eyes. I wasn't gonna let this guy push me around. Korra was enjoying her bowl of Tentacle soup which smelled very pungent but charming. Asami and Bolin were deep in conversation about the Spirit Vines which Bolin was pitching ideas how to remove them. I looked to my right, beside me was Tenzin's daughter Ikki whom I had met earlier with Korra's introduction. She was quarreling with Meelo which Korra told me was normal.

I continued eating my dumplings as Korra nudged me.

"Hey! Have you thought about...you know? I mean you've eaten 7 dumplings so I figured you weren't 'starving' anymore." Korra asked me with her eyebrows raised her voice lower than usual.

"I have been thinking about it but I'm still not done eating so..." I took another piece of dumpling and shoved it into my mouth.

"Fair enough." Korra pouted.

Lunch had ended and Hiko was now full. He patted his belly before standing up from the couch to look down at Korra. He hade made a decision.

"I've made a decision Korra." Hiko said blankly.

"Yeah? What do you say?" Korra asked anticipatedly.

"The answer is no. Goodbye." Hiko said with a small wave to Korra before starting to walk out.

"What?! Why?!" Korra was now also standing up with a surprised expression on her face. Hiko stopped in his tracks and turned around to look back at Korra.

"Because, Korra, I don't think I should be the one to teach the Avatar Lightningbending. There are many more qualified benders out there who would be perfect. I just don't think I'm one of them." Hiko was avoiding eye contact with Korra.

"That doesn't matter!" Korra shouted making Hiko snap his head back to Korra. "You're the teacher I want! Even if you don't think you're 'qualified', I do!" Korra was now pleading with Hiko. She knew she looked ridiculous but She didn't want to lose her teacher.

Hiko stared at the wooden floor, pondering.

"Fine. Let's begin, right now."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 3K 26
Being the daughter of the current Fire Lord, and the future Fire Lord has its ups and downs. People adoring you and getting away with things that you...
98.5K 2.5K 18
You are a Yuyan Archer, native to the Fire Nation. You are one of the only women skilled enough to be on this elite team. When Prince Zuko was banish...
5.5K 283 9
_____________________________ ________________ Book 2; Only a few weeks pass from the events of Amon's revelation. Y/n choose to temporarily leave te...
43.7K 1.5K 25
。・:*:・✰ 𝗮 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝗶𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘂𝗻𝗿𝗮𝘃𝗲𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗲𝗰𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗳𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗹𝘆 . 𝗸𝗼𝗿𝗿𝗮𝘀𝗮𝗺𝗶 𝘅 𝗳𝗲𝗺! 𝗿𝗲𝗮...