KIMETSU NO YAIBA: The Blossom...

Per ereshkighal

Pillars, are the top-ranked and most powerful swordsmen among the Demon Hunters in the Demon Killing Corps wh... Més

免責事項 disclaimer
桜島 千尋
序幕 prologue
十一
十二
十三
十四
十五
十六
十七
十八
十九
二十
二十一
二十二
二十三
二十四
二十五
二十六
二十七
二十八
二十九
三十
三十一
三十二
三十三
三十四
三十五
三十六
三十八
三十九

三十七

3K 96 24
Per ereshkighal

37 - life is not beautiful

Find the evil. Fight.
They're everywhere.

The ever-lasting fleeting moment lingers around, distracting her more and more. As if on instinct, she searched on the source of that tingling sensation. Her hand reached out, amidst the bustling crowd. Her violet orbs haven't closed yet, widened than ever.

A man with scarlet eyes and ashen grey hair -wearing a raven-colored yukata- locked eyes with her. It was in that exact moment.

That she knew.

Slowly, a smile crept up on her small face, almost looking like a maniac on the loose. It was as if her blood boils to the point of adrenaline rush. It's a familiar feeling -the one she absolutely despise- that she experienced on that day under the moonlight. A glow appeared on her lovely orbs. Of course, this didn't go unnoticed by her fellow pillar. Alarming him.

...Ever since that day, Sakurajima really has changed. And not in a good way.

No one can mistook her thirst for blood, for the severed head of a nasty being called demon.

A melancholic look could be seen on the Sound Pillar's eyes, and a pang of guilt filled his heart. But it didn't stop the thoughts to taking over his head, as much as he would love to stop it.

He could vividly imagine the younger pillar's expression turned to fear, making the guilt on his heart grows further and deeper. But one sentence kept on repeating itself on his mind.

She looks like a demon.

"Sakurajima-san!?" A loud, surprised voice bring Tengen back to their current situation, completely dismissing his earlier thoughts, a disturbing emotion still lingered on him a little.

Zenitsu's, no, Zenko's worried expression could be seen clear as day as he started to walk a little faster, to the point of running before a big, strong hand stopped him from going farther. "What!?"

"Stop it, don't make a ruckus or the demon will notice."

"What...?" Zenko's frown only gets deeper, still couldn't really processed his thoughts. "...What!? A demon? Isn't that even more reason to go after her!?" After seconds passed, Zenko finally managed to clear his head. Even as he's really confused, he managed to only whisper-yelled.

"...No, we still don't know if he's really the demon or not. We need to stay as low as possible."

"You want to leave Sakurajima-san alone!?"

"Shut it!"

The Sound Pillar's sound shocked the younger slayer and some people around them, as he suddenly raised his voice. He dragged both Zenko and Inoko to the side of streets, not wanting to gather more attention towards them.

"Hear me, you two." His voice stern.

Zenko's nodded slowly, a little scared. Inoko, strangely, keeps his silence since before. Of course, with their current situation, no one really realized his strange behaviour.

"What is our current mission?"

"...To find your wives and information about the demon..." Zenko answered timidly. "How flamboyant, so you didn't forget."

"...Of course." A little pissed, Zenko murmured to himself.

Uzui sighed. "Okay, I understand you're worried about Sakurajima. But remember, she is also a pillar. Like me. She may not look it, but she is REALLY strong."

"Have more faith on her."

Zenko looked down, chewing on the inside of his mouth. "...You're right. I'm sorry."

Uzui smiled a little. "Well, now that you understand, let's continue to search for a place that want to buy the two of you."

"Hey, there's like a bunch of people gathering around there!" Finally, the usually loud Inoko spoke, his index finger pointing to the crowd in the middle of the street. Uzui looked at the direction he pointed. "Ah, that's 'Oiran Parade' right there.

"She's Koinatsu Oiran."

"What the hell is an 'Oiran Parade'? What even is an 'Oiran'?" Inoko looked at them weirdly.

"In simple explanation, oiran is a high status courtesan. Now, she is going to go and greet one of her customers. ...In any case, she sure is flamboyant. She has a bunch of people following her."

Something snapped inside Zenko, he finally came back to his old self.

"Wife!? Is she your wife!?" He shrieks, moving his face nearer the taller man to emphasize his shock.

"Too close!"

"Is that beauty your wives!? That's too much! Are all your wives beautiful!?"

"She's not my wife! Didn't I already tell you their names at the Wisteria House!?" He bonked the histerical boy on the head.

As the two argue more, Inoko digged his finger to his ear, talking to no one in particular. "Why does she walks so slowly? She will die right away if she is on the mountains. Sakuragawa is better anyway. She's strong and walk fast."

"Who the hell is Sakuragawa?" Zenko deadpanned.

"Hah? Sakuragawa Chihaya. Do you forget about her already? She was just with us. Small brain Zenitsu."

"DON'T MESS WITH ME YOU-! SHE'S SAKURAJIMA CHIHIRO!"

"Oh, you do remember her, then. Sugawara Chikara."

On that exact momen, Zenko felt like he's better off eaten by the spiders on the Natagumo Mountain. He suddenly remembered the Gonpachiro Kamaboko problem. Ah, so this is what Tanjirõ feel.

Giving up on the matter, he suddenly remembered about what happened earlier. "Oi, Inosuke."

"What."

"I just realized, when Sakurajima-san ran off. You, of all people, got really quiet. What happened?" Zenko asked curiously.

"..." The boar boy instantly fell silent.

"Inosuke?"

"Excuse me, sir?"

An unfamiliar voice got the three's attention, bringing their gaze to the speaker's attention. There, in front of them, stood a small woman with pointy eyes, smiling at them. Zenko tensed up a little.

"Can I help you?" Uzui instantly smiled his charming smile.

"I'd like to take this girl in. Is that okay?" She puts her hands on Inoko's shoulder with elegance. "I'm part of the Ogimoto house... My eyes don't deceive me. Hohoho." The woman bring her kimono covered hand to her mouth, a proud expression on her face.

"?" The boy, err, the girl, in question, Inoko just stared at them.

"Ohh! You're from the Ogimoto house...! Thank you for your patronage!" A bright, happy expression painted Uzui's face as he shoved Inoko to the woman.

Dramatically, he sent her off. "Be well, Inoko~"

"?" Inoko just followed the woman. His head filled with the thoughts of food. Is it time to eat?

As the pair gone from both Uzui's and Zenko's views, the taller man stared down. "..."

Zenko gasped.

Oh no.

I'm the only one left!?

The Blossom Pillar look frantically around her, to the left, right, and behind as she continue to run. Her usual speed is reduced a little, as she's currently wearing a yukata instead oh her usual black uniform. Her eyes scanning the area quickly, searching for one figure.

Where is he!?

She continued to run, searching every little detail she come across, especially the small, dark alleys.

When she was running around, her peripheral vision caught something moving, making her reduced her speed even more, to the point of walking. Slowly, and carefully, she walked closer to the source of the movement.

What she found there isn't what she searched or hoped for. Well, of course it wouldn't be that easy.

Instead, she is greeted with two small children, hugging each other closely. Sitting down on the hard land, on the dark spots of the already dark alley barely out from the sunlight. Clearly something you don't want to see on such beautiful, busy streets filled with happiness behind her.

With some resemblance on each other, they looks as like they're siblings.

They're just... there. Both looking towards the bustling streets with two pair of half-dead eyes. Wearing ragged clothing, just barely wrapped around their tiny body. They must feel cold.

Sympathy filled herself, almost making her forget about the reason why she is there in the first place. More than sympathy, it's more like... pity.

For a moment, she closed her eyes, contemplating her choices.

She really want to find that man soon. Right now. And with each seconds passed, the more she lost her current lead. But something is nagging on her mind, on her heart.

She glanced back to the noisy crowds behind her, as all of them passed by the dark alley ignorantly. All of them minding their own business.

After that, her gaze turned back to the two young children in front of her.

Looking at their state -black marks here and there, dirt all over their body-, they're either abandoned by their parents, or worse, abused by their parents.

And she got reminded of her very own parents, that she has lost forever. And also two of her younger siblings. She's lucky. She was lucky. To had such beloving parents, and loving home that she loved, where all her siblings were.

And she also remembered. Of the Tomioka siblings. That on the far, old past always smiled at each other. Happy of each other.

She sighed, remembering the fond memories as she steps forward, getting closer to the children.

It has been a while since we go visit Tsutako-neesama, right, Giyū?

She crouched down, bring herself to the children's eyes. "Hey."

Both of them slowly bring their dead gazes to the woman in front of them. Their eyes full of painful emotions. They didn't even flinch when she got closer, as if already used to others getting close to them. But from their slight change in expression, they... must not be fond of adults.

Chihiro tried her best to smile her kindest smile to them, before slowly reaching her hand out to the touch the younger one.

"DON'T TOUCH HER!"

Slap.

Ah. So it's like that.

A little pain could be felt on her dominant hand. The sensation of a small, rough hand lingered a little.

The protectiveness of the older sibling.

She smiled, clearly knowing that feel. The feeling of wanting to protect your younger sibling from harm's way.

The older child backed away from the grown-up woman, still holding the younger child close. Their eyes shots wide, as they trembled in visible fear.

"I'm sorry I startled you and your little brother. Is he okay?"

Both of them looked at her weirdly, before the older one nodded slowly. "That's good. Then, here."

With one swift move, she carefully envelops them with her haori, not wanting to alarming the older child. "Wear it so you can stay warm."

Not wanting to frighten them any further, Chihiro brought herself to get up, preparing to leave. She looks down, at the dumbfounded children. With one last smile, she turned around, slowly walking back to the bustling streets.

Her eyes once again look at the people passing them, not even giving them as much as a glance.

She wonders.

Such kind, gentle demon, like Nezuko exists.

So what is actually a demon?

Is it the ignorants, the ones that abandon young children, the ones that just passed by the unfortunate and not giving them even a care in the world?

Humans can be their own demons.

But of course, the one that devours humans are real demons. This, is something she will never forget.

With a content smile, she continued her search of the mysterious man.

All the while, not knowing how the children still looked at where the mysterious woman just left. Their eyes covered in tears, hands hugging the fabric the woman just enveloped them with. For the first time in their life, they experienced warmth. Kindness. Love. Something they never experienced, even from their own parents.

Such small, kind gesture is what actually they needed.

That day, the Blossom Pillar saved 2 lifes.

---- ❁ ✿ ❁ ----

Hello, ereshkighal here! First of all, thank you for still reading my book and waiting for my updates<3 School has been really busy, and I've been having some financial trouble. I really need a breather, so I've been using my time to write the new chapter! I hope you like it.

This chapter is actually foreshadowing something in the future, and for you manga-readers I think you might know what it is. And also this chapter serves for telling a little about the situation on the Red Light District.

I hope you enjoy reading my story❤

------

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

11.7K 297 25
My very first demon slayer fanfiction. [Tomioka Giyu x fem! demon reader] Have you heard the tale? If people hear a song somewhere in the west and f...
122K 3K 12
This is a sick/injured Giyuu fic inspired by others like this. Inspired by many fanfictions mostly the ones that had a very Sad Giyuu. Tomioka Giyuu...
1.2K 50 17
emotions run deep as a demon and a demon slayer grapple with their intertwined fates, their unspoken feelings bubbling to the surface amidst moments...
25.1K 951 15
An alternate story of Demon Slayer in which the Water Pillar wasn't late to save the Kamado Family, but something isn't right.. Unconscious in the sn...