十九

19 - chihiro and zenitsu

"Are you okay, Sakurajima-san?"

As the others busy with their own work and assignments, the Blossom Pillar just stared at the cloudy sky, looking at the slowly moving bundles of cotton. Her gaze didn't focus on anything in particular.

Hearing someone asked her in concern, she moved her face upwards, looking at the obviously younger demon hunter. Her eyes met yellow, recognizing the boy instantly.

Giving him one of her soft smile, she pat the area beside herself, signaling him to sit down.

The boy fidget a little before allowing himself to sit beside his superior, giving considerable space between them. A worried expression plastered on his cute face as he steal some glance to the woman who continued to stare at the horizon, enjoying herself despite the noises in the house, caused by the busy servants and demon hunters.

The older woman noticed his bizarre behaviour, letting her smile widened before she extended her hand to the top of his yellow hair. His face reddened a little by the little gesture.

"Thank you for your concern, Zenitsu-kun. I'm okay. How are you doing with your task?"

As she lowered her hand, he looked up at her, his gaze soft at the older woman.

"I just finished it and they said I'm allowed to take a rest until my next assignment."

A soft, gentle hum came to his hear, indicating a response.

He looked up again, looking with his peripheral vision.

Images of women stormed his mind as he continued to stare at her. Then, his mind stopped at the images of two women, their back facing him.

Agatsuma-kun, please don't do anything rash and keep your body healthy.

Hmf! Ngh! Ggh..

He closed his eyes, remembering his memories with the stern, yet kind Insect Pillar and the cute, beautiful Nezuko-chan.

They're both women with gentle voice in their heart. Well, not exactly. The Insect Pillar have this suppressed rage in her heart, buried deep inside, while Nezuko, have this feel of loneliness, as well as sadness in it. But, they're just... gentle.

It's the same voice he heard with the pillar beside him, both combined.

He... always hate how women treated him in the past. It sort of traumatize him, it even came haunt his dreams. How they yelled at him, cursed and humiliated him.

That's why, when he met Gramps, Shinobu, Nezuko, Inosuke, and Tanjirō, he felt relieved. Their voices managed to make him feel safe and warm. He can feel peace. And he finally find a reason to keep on living.

He can hear the hopeless, sad shouts from the woman beside him. Sometimes so little, yet now it's really loud. It's the same sound, same feelings he felt in the past.

It was as if looking at himself.

He brought himself to ask the woman, as he lower his hands from his ears, walking towards her.