十二

12 - the emergency pillar meeting and the mourning of flame

Melancholy filled the air, bringing the dreary news to the demon hunters.

A kasugaikarasu came to a halt, stopping on Shinobu's shoulder, who was taking a stroll with her tsuguko, Kanae.

"...Is that so? Rengoku-san has..."

Sadness crept to the Insect Pillar's expression, mourning over her fellow Pillar, and demon hunter. A magnificent one at that.

"Another news! News! There will be—"

"Eh..?"

Kanroji Mitsuri, the Love Pillar, brought her hand over her mouth, conpletely shocked over the news as the kasugaikarasu inform her of the news while she was enjoying her dango and tea over at a snack shop.

"Caw! Caw!"

The Mist Pillar, Tokitō Muichirō, looked behind his back, hearing the kasugaikarasu approaching him deep in the bamboo forest.

"So.. Even Rengoku lost to the Upper Moon Demons.."

The Sound Pillar, Uzui Tengen, looked down, conflict on his face.

"I don't believe this."

Face unreadable, the Snake Pillar, Iguro Obanai looked up to the vast sky as the kasugaikarasu looked up to him.

"Namuamidabutsu..."

The Rock Pillar, Himejima Gyōmei prayed with tears flowing down his face, along with Shinazugawa Genya, who had a grim expression upon hearing the news.

"I will annihilate all evil demons."

The Wind Pillar, obviously angry and loathing, continued to slashed the dummies with his blade.

The kasugaikarasu stopped at his shoulder, telling the Water Pillar, Tomioka Giyū, the unfortunate news.

"...I see."

"Caw! Caw! News! News!"

The Blossom Pillar, clad in a red kimono today, stopped herself from drinking her tea, putting the cup down as she let the kasugaikarasu to came to her lap.

"What is it?" She said with a serious expression as she looked down to the raven. Her feeling telling her that this will not be a good news whatsoever.

"The Flame Pillar, Rengoku Kyōjurō has lost his life after engaging Upper Moon Two! Caw! Caw! The Flame Pillar, Rengoku Kyōjurō has lost his life after engaging Upper Moon Two!"

Chihiro widened her eyes. Shock, sadness, anger, and guilt overcame her.

Kyōjurō-san... has died...?