二十七

27 - the start of banquet of death

Her eyes fluttered open, her gaze met the ceiling. It was dark, of course, for there isn't any that light the room, save for the light the moon reflected that seeped from the the door.

Her throat feel so dry, together with exhaustion-filled body, it just made her feel worse. Contemplating to go back to her slumber, which her body screamed to do, or go fetch a little water to relish her thirst, she decided that a cold drink should be good for her body right now.

Slowly rising herself up, she sit up on her futon, relaxing and stretching her tense muscles caused by sleeping. A yawn escaped herself, indicating the lack of oxygen on her brain and blood. She felt so light-headed, her mind only focusing on that drink that soon will slide down her throat.

"How are you feeling, Chihiro?"

Her brain, lacking the rest it needed, jolt awoken, as a chill run down her spine. She gulped down her saliva down her dry throat, slowly turning her head to the side, the force of the voice.

Her body instantly recognized the man in front of her, the one she know so well, who so elegantly sit seiza-style, his lips curved to a gentle smile. Yet, a foreign, unknown feeling nagged her mind.

"Gi—"

"Do you need something, water perhaps?" He approached her sitting figure, kneeling down beside her crinkled futon. He looked at her lovingly, his head tilted a little to the side. She couldn't stop staring back at that deep, beautiful dark blue eyes of him. Like deep inside the ocean.

She brought her hand up, touching his cold cheek gently with her warm hand.

As if time itself stop, they continue to stare at each other's eyes, relishing their need of each other. Her dry throat has long since forgotten the cold drink.

Slowly, he put his weight down on her, letting her fell on her back with him hovering over her. His hands on each side of her head, as her hand still on his cheek, not letting go.

He slowly lowered his face down, nearer and nearer hers, their lips inches away.

It was the perfect atmosphere, the perfect moment for the both of them, who since a long time needed each other.

The words finally left her throat, the words she has been raring to say.

"...Who are you?"

Water Breath, Third Style.

"Dance of the Rapid Current!"

With the enemy barely evading the blade, the Water Pillar put all his strength to his leg, kicking him away on the head. He landed outside, his back collided with the walls surrounding the house.

Giyū flinched a little from the pain on his back, quickly bracing himself for the upcoming attack. He stood in front of the sitting Blossom Pillar who have a dumbfounded expression on her face. Now, not only she abruptly brought off her daze, but the Water Pillar just kicked the enemy outside, resulting in her door broken.

"Are you okay, Chihiro?"

He asked with worry-laced voice, glancing back a little to see the state of her. She nodded a little, not really sure. "Y- yeah."