二十八

28 - reality and delusion

"You—!"

The Blossom Pillar looked at the back of the Water Pillar, her mind still couldn't believed what she saw. From what she has seen, the man clearly hesitated with his attacks, his swings sloppy.

It must be the blood demon technique.

She racked her brain, searching for any things that may answer her questions.

How did it activate? How long is the duration of the spell? Could we counter it?

She clicked her tongue, getting nothing at all. I need to observe him a little more.

Quickly whipping her hands back, she unsheathed both her katanas, dashing towards the most likely new Middle Moon.

Blossom Breath, First Dance.

"Sacred Ritual: Dance of Prim—!"

Her instinct tingled, together with her swift reflexes, she stepped to the side, barely evading a swing of attack, a blue katana entered her view. "Wha— Giyū!?"

Holding her back was none than the Water Pillar, standing between her and the demon. Her face frowned further, her eyes looking back and forth between the two.

Is this also an illusion? No... Last time, there was this undescribable, distinct feeling...

So Giyū is the one under his spell.

"Giyū! Can you hear me!?"

He leaped forward, thrusting his sword towards the bewildered woman. She ducked, avoiding all his attacks.

"Kh—!"

She hissed, failing to avoid some of his fast, lightning-speed attacks. The sharp blade cut her cheek, arms, and legs.

As the two exhanged blows, no, mainly, the woman evaded all the attacks, remaining defensive, completely refusing to attacking back, the demon just stared at them boredly. His eyes following the woman's stubborn, —foolish on his mind— movements, a strange feeling nagging on him.

What is so special of her? She's weak. Why is Muzan-sama really obsessed with some human woman?

And why isn't my blood demon technique taking effects on her?

He heard her clicked her tongue, exhaustion started to appear on her figure.

Damnit! Can't I do something!?

And where's the reinforcement? I remembered asking my kasugaikarasu to tell everyone!

She glanced to the demon, an idea popped inside her mind. Hesitating a little, she gulped her saliva, contemplating to do it or not.

Whatever, I need to test it out.

She waited for the Water Pillar to came to her, before she jumped back, so high, catching the demon off guard as she she stepped on his head, landing on the land behind him. She quickly kicked his legs with all her strength, sweeping him off.

Giyū, who already launched his attack, swung his sword towards the demon.

Water Breath, Fourth Style.

"Striking Tide."

Losing his balance by the Blossom Pillar's kick, he barely evaded the attack, resulting on a big slash on his right shoulder. "Wha—!"