三十九

Are you hyped for the second season of Kimetsu no Yaiba?

39 - beautiful lie

Yoshiwara, the district of pleasure and empty promises.

The beautifully painted fusuma slides open to the side gently, revealing the working oiran as she greeted the man waiting inside

The beautifully painted fusuma slides open to the side gently, revealing the working oiran as she greeted the man waiting inside. "Good evening. Thank you for coming to our Kyõgoku house. I am called Chie. I hope tonight will be a delightful night for us. Please be gentle with me."

Eyeing the man in front of her, —who was sitting next to the window of the room— she gulped a little. Did I do it right? I didn't looks suspicious at all, right?

Despite the determined looks she gave to her junior slayer earlier, it didn't stop the pillar from sweating buckets under her kimono. Even if she is still currently hold her pillar status, the fact is that she was off-duty for a year. The kindness of the leader of the demon slayer corps, the oyakata, and her fellow pillar's support were the ones making her able to hold on to it.

But it wasn't like she just lingered around the headquarters or her own home.

For the past year, under oyakata's order, she has been one of the cultivators of the new demon slayers, just like her beloved adoptive father and mother. Full with passion, she helped grow the promising new slayers, with the hope it will help in supressing, or even obliterate the devils of the night.

Of course, her real identity must remain hidden. And thus, she wore one of her prized possession from during her training years.

Yes, her kitsune mask.

She smiled a little inside at the fond memory, remembering herself of the past a little

She still remembered vividly, of how happy she was, together with her training comrades. None other than the two water breathing users, Giyū and Sabito.

It was a really fun time.

Slapping herself mentally, she stopped herself from getting completely distracted, as she finished scanning her supposedly customer.