十七

17 - shishou and disciple

"Thank you for having us, Kaguya-sama." The Insect Pillar said, representating all of them.

The pillars, along with the four young demon hunters; Tanjirō, Zenitsu, Inosuke, Kanao and of course Nezuko, bowed down on their seat, expressing their respect to their senior.

"Yeah. I have to thank you all for taking care of Chihiro too, especially you, Giyū."

The said man nodded a little to her, not letting out any sound, just like the other night.

It was now nine in the morning, in the main hall of Sakurajima household. The sound of the festival cam be heard outside, as it will last for three days. And, moreso because the house was located next to the shrine.

"The other demon hunters has been assigned to their own place as you've told us."

The old woman in front of them, pipe on her hand, nodded to the information. "Great. Now we can proceed with other things."

Suddenly, the main door was opened, quite hard, making a loud voice, distracting the other's attention.

"Everyone, sorry I'm late!"

There, right at the door, stood a familiar woman, panting frantically. Sweats can be seen on her skin.

Some of them widened their eyes, quite surprised with what they saw.

It was the Blossom Pillar, for the first time in awhile, wearing the demon hunters black uniform, not forgetting the mini skirt, under the soft pink, cherry blossom patterned haori. She also wear a pair of pale pink thigh-high socks, accompanied by a brown high lace boots. On her back are her two katanas, sheathed tightly on her cherry blossom sheaths. Her hair no longer let loose, this time she had her right bangs on a braid, and her other side was on a bun, decorated with flowery kanzashi.

She jogged a little to where the others sit, kneeling down shortly. "Please forgive my lateness, shishou." Gaining a nod from her superior, she nodded back, standing up to sit together wuth the rest of them.

Tanjirō observed his senior, at the back of her back.

He still couldn't quite comprehend the story he just got today, at midnight, from the old woman, no, the former Flower Pillar, Sakurajima Kaguya.

"Her real name is Kagurazaka Chihiro."

Tanjirō's mind came to a sudden realization, remembering how the Blossom Pillar's family got slaughtered.

"From your expression, I assumed you've heard how her past was, eh?"

He looked at her with an unsure expression. "...She told me that her family..." He decided to stop there, expecting her to know what he meant.

Beside him, the Water Pillar's expression turned grim, forming his hand to a fist.

"Yeah, I will never forget, the day when I met her, that little girl... full of hatred..."

The old woman reminiscing her old, memory of ten years in the past.

The rain just subsided, leaving only the wet ground, and the scent of blood on the air.