三十七

37 - life is not beautiful

Find the evil. Fight.
They're everywhere.

The ever-lasting fleeting moment lingers around, distracting her more and more. As if on instinct, she searched on the source of that tingling sensation. Her hand reached out, amidst the bustling crowd. Her violet orbs haven't closed yet, widened than ever.

A man with scarlet eyes and ashen grey hair -wearing a raven-colored yukata- locked eyes with her. It was in that exact moment.

 It was in that exact moment

That she knew.

Slowly, a smile crept up on her small face, almost looking like a maniac on the loose. It was as if her blood boils to the point of adrenaline rush. It's a familiar feeling -the one she absolutely despise- that she experienced on that day under the moonlight. A glow appeared on her lovely orbs. Of course, this didn't go unnoticed by her fellow pillar. Alarming him.

...Ever since that day, Sakurajima really has changed. And not in a good way.

No one can mistook her thirst for blood, for the severed head of a nasty being called demon.

A melancholic look could be seen on the Sound Pillar's eyes, and a pang of guilt filled his heart. But it didn't stop the thoughts to taking over his head, as much as he would love to stop it.

He could vividly imagine the younger pillar's expression turned to fear, making the guilt on his heart grows further and deeper. But one sentence kept on repeating itself on his mind.

She looks like a demon.

"Sakurajima-san!?" A loud, surprised voice bring Tengen back to their current situation, completely dismissing his earlier thoughts, a disturbing emotion still lingered on him a little.

Zenitsu's, no, Zenko's worried expression could be seen clear as day as he started to walk a little faster, to the point of running before a big, strong hand stopped him from going farther. "What!?"

"Stop it, don't make a ruckus or the demon will notice."

"What...?" Zenko's frown only gets deeper, still couldn't really processed his thoughts. "...What!? A demon? Isn't that even more reason to go after her!?" After seconds passed, Zenko finally managed to clear his head. Even as he's really confused, he managed to only whisper-yelled.

"...No, we still don't know if he's really the demon or not. We need to stay as low as possible."

"You want to leave Sakurajima-san alone!?"

"Shut it!"

The Sound Pillar's sound shocked the younger slayer and some people around them, as he suddenly raised his voice. He dragged both Zenko and Inoko to the side of streets, not wanting to gather more attention towards them.