WHEN SHE LOVES [ONGOING]

Oleh Angel_A23

Rankings ✔ #6 breathtaking #6 Yoruba #2 projectnaija #6 igbo Jordan was sitting on the large chair in fr... Lebih Banyak

Authors Note.
~CHAPTER ONE~
Meet my characters
~CHAPTER THREE~
~CHAPTER FOUR~
~CHAPTER FIVE~
~CHAPTER SIX~
Announcement
~CHAPTER SEVEN~
~CHAPTER EIGHT ~
~CHAPTER NINE~
~CHAPTER TEN~
~CHAPTER ELEVEN~
-CHAPTER TWELVE-
~CHAPTER THIRTEEN~

~CHAPTER TWO~

822 164 429
Oleh Angel_A23

This chapter is dedicated to NkechiAjogwu you're my first motivation 😚.

-JORDAN'S POV-

"Get the fucking file!!" I yelled at one of my employees. They should know better not to piss me off this early.

bunch of idiots!!

I muttered to myself. He staggered backwards immediately and began to walk out of the office.

"Hey" I motioned for him to come back.

"Call my secretary on your way out" I instructed him, scrolling through my phone.  A lot of unanswered message kept staring at me.

My life is solely on my business and working is my number one friend. It is either in my office, my study at home, conference meetings, taking business trips or just having drinks with Ian and Tessa.

Nicole walked  in immediately she should know her boss better.

"Sir, you sent for me" she said in the professional manner.

"Hmm, yes.  Have you informed the wedding planner to start preparations?  It's in two days" I was still busy with my phone not even sparing  her a glance.

"Yes sir, everything is ready"

"Alright then. Get me the accounts of the deal with Hills oil and gas"

"Yes sir" with that she left.

The door swung open and I looked up to see who it was. The only person that comes into my office without knocking. Typical of Ian.

"Hey man, what's up? " I nodded in response while we shook  hands and I got back to replying my messages. I felt his heated gaze on me.

"What?" I finally asked because his eyes we're boring holes.

"Man you're full of surprises" he scoffs  "I mean who works in the office two days to their wedding"  he asked emphasizing on the 'two days' with his fingers. Well I am the almighty Jordan.

"Well I do" I answered  in a duh tone.

"Talking about your wedding, you haven't even met your bride.
As in you will walk to the altar tomorrow and say 'I do' to a stranger because  you guys have not spent time together" he stated.

The word stranger made me snap my head up shooting him death glares while he laughed  his way. April is not a stranger at least I know her to a reasonable length.

"She's not a stranger, I conducted a search on her" I defended but he wouldn't just stop laughing.

"Search? Seriously Jordan.  Finding out about  her name, age, career, family and other bio is knowing her?" Ian still persisted, this guy is taunting my life.

"Ian you're crazy" I finally said.

"it's a mutual feeling."

"What about the bachelors eve?" I knew he would bring this up.  I am  seriously  not planning for any bachelors stuff. I groaned.

"I have work" I said bluntly.

"You're no fun, How did we even become friends?"

He hissed and turned to the opposite direction.  This dude  in front of me is my all, I would have been a psycho by now or struggling with my sanity.  I owe him big time.

"How about we just have drinks tomorrow?" he pleaded.  I knew Ian would  not give up.

"fineee" I replied with a bored expression.  Engaging in an argument with Ian is  fruitless because he would always have his way.

"Don't worry, this thing you're planning is not wedding  oo.
I would show you when it's my turn" he said in a serious tone earning a chuckle from me.

"Osheeey, wedding planner" I teased.

*****APRIL'S POV*****

I stared at my self  for the umpteenth time in the mirror. I was looking like a different lady but more beautiful.  Power of a make over.

My gown  and everything I wore, screamed expensive. It was entirely breathtaking.  It was a handles gown with a W neck at the edge. It was beaded from the breast region to the last edge.
I wish it were a real wedding but it's not fake either.

I wanted a marriage of love. I want to smile while taking my vows knowing that I would   spend the rest of my life with the love of my life but the situation was the direct opposite.

I didn't want to leave my family.  How will they cope without me? Dad kept telling me that  he would  be fine but I  knew it was the opposite. 

I really wanted to cry maybe it will ease the pain I felt right now but no tear flickered in my eye.   I'm  I this hard?

'April maybe you should let it out like Irene said'

my subconscious said  but I am trying. Irene is definitely right, she cries whenever she is hurt and after that she relaxes and sleeps off.  It was like her antidote.

I remembered when her grandmother died she was really sad because the old woman raised her up.

Irene's parents were always busy, her mom was a doctor and owns a big hospital here in Lagos while her dad runs  a company like dad.

The door swung open and I immediately snapped  my head towards the direction.  Irene walked in looking charming. She was wearing a silver beaded mermaid gown with matching heels. Her hair was packed in a loose bun with some strands falling across her face. Her makeup was nude, just how she loved it.
A smile played on her lips the moment her eyes fell on me.

"Baby you look gorgeous" she was totally grinning from ear to ear.

"Thanks bestie" I passed her a small smile.  She observeed  my sad expression.

"April you will be fine?" It was more like a question but she intended to make it a statement.

"I will. Guess its time?" I tried to sound normal but my voice broke.  She gave me slight nod.  Yes!  time for me to be handed over to a stranger and leave my family.  Time for my life to take a drastic change.  I sighed and  tried to inhale loud.

I stood up and arranged my gown to enable me walk.  it was a bore gown  and  my heels where invisible.

Irene held my hands as we walked downstairs to meet dad. He was sitting on the couch in the living room with Adrian.

His head was bent slightly showing that he had been thinking, while Adrian was busy with his phone.

His girlfriend will have to compete with that phone of his.

Dad snapped his head up immediately he heard the clicking sound of our shoes with the tiled floor.   His eyes were blood shot red. My heart sank but I managed to feign a weak smile. He stood up and chuckled darkly.

"You look stunning my baby" he said and caressed my cheek lightly in order not to ruin my make up.

                             ~°~

Music filled the church hall as dad walked me down the aisle. I took this opportunity to steal a glance at Jordan.

He was wearing a cream color tuxedo suite though I couldn't make out his face well because of the transparent veil I was putting on. His hair was gelled neatly to the side and his beard carved properly. 

A handsome guy was also standing behind him.  I took him to be his best man. He was putting on a black two piece suit with a white inner. His beards were fuller than Jordan's but neatly carved. I was lost in my thought and busy staring that I hadn't realized when we arrived at the altar.

Dad placed my hands in his and I stood in front of him.  I stiffened when our hands made contact but he dropped it as soon as the priest began his sermon. My heart began to beat erratically as I felt his heated gaze on me.

I kept my gaze down but he was boring holes with his eyes.

"........... April Beacroft do you take Jordan Scott to be your beloved husband?" The priest asked the very cliche question we hear at every wedding occasion.
  His  voice bummed in the hall because everyone kept mute. They kept  grinning like idiots because the almighty Jordan Scott was  getting married.

who cares!!. 'well they care' my subconscious said, 'just shut it'. I snapped back.
Some were shooting daggers my way while others stared in admiration.

I wanted to say 'No I don't' to this selfish man in front of me and tell him off but I dared not. Dad will spend the rest of his life in jail.

"I do" I answered almost in a whisper.  I do to bondage, to the end of my happiness, to living with a stranger for the rest of my life. The lower part of my stomach began to grumble within out of irritation irritation.

"Jordan Scott do you take April Beacroft to be your beloved wife?"

"I do" he answered  in a carefree manner as if it meant nothing.  It didn't matter to him that he was getting married to a stranger?

I just remembered that we will have to kiss at the last part why? why!!

I always dreamt that  my first kiss would   be a memorable one and with a cherished person but turns out my dream is about to be ruined. Ugh!

"I now pronounce you husband and wife" The priest exclaimed and  the crowed cheered and clapped in excitement.  Maybe Jordan instructed the priest to skip that part. At least he was  being reasonable here.

Wait a second! I'm now married, Gosh I can't believe this. I stared at the diamond ring on my finger. It screamed fancy.

Jordan held my hands and we walked  to our seat. I scoffed because it was a public show. Every one would  view us as perfect couple, unaware of what lies beneath . Money and fame mattered to the desperate girls sending me glares.
All that time I tried  to breathe.

Our arms rubbed  against each other and it was affecting my reasoning.

Several people came to congratulate us  where we sat. Most of them were his business partners I guessed. 

A certain lady walked up to us. She was wearing a beaded red laced gown. It was sleeve less and had a mermaid style.
She whispered something to Jordan while he just nodded maybe in affirmation.  She gave me a disgustful look before walking away.

Who is this bitch?
I ignored  her and returned my attention to the priest. I had better things to think about like being bored on my wedding day.

Have you ever imagined being bored on your wedding day?  Well that's exactly what is happening to me now.

Jordan had been on his phone while I tried to keep my myself from screaming.

                            ~°~

I woke up to a resounding headache ouch!  Wait how did I end up sleeping? I remembered  sitting in the reception venue,
cutting the cake with Jordan, hugging and biding good bye to my family, driving to this lonely mansion, sitting on this bed which I assumed was our room and Jordan driving out. Who drives out on their wedding day?

I glanced at the large wall clock hanging on the opposite  side of the wall and it read 8:15pm.

I struggled to get up because I was still in my  heavy wedding dress. I finally managed to sit  and rested my back against the dash board with dimples. I noticed  a piece of paper on the night stand  beside me.  I picked it up to check the content.

April

I traveled for a business trip, be of good conduct and don't misbehave. You are not allowed to step out of the house and no visitors except Irene. The maids and guards are at your service, be a good girl until I return.

Jordan.

What a jerk!  I scoffed.

  Who travels for business meeting on their wedding night? Its obvious I  am just an acquired property to him.

I guess the journey has just begun.

********************************

End of Chapter two.

We finally meet the almighty Jordan.

Whao! Jordan left on his wedding night 😭. If you we're in April's condition how would you react?

What are your thoughts about this chapter?

A/N: Vote ✅, comment and share.

And Yea Yea don't forget to add this book to your reading list 📚.

xoxo
x Angel x 💞

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

1.5K 72 22
[ ᴇɴᴇᴍɪᴇꜱ ᴛᴏ ʟᴏᴠᴇʀꜱ ] "Some Monsters are created by their loved ones" "He fixed her broken heart but soon broke it again by himself" "She fell first...
948K 28K 38
Nov, 09, 2020 : #1 in romance May, 14, 2021 : #1in respect May, 14, 2021 : #4 in lovestory "Don't try and act all nice to me. I know girls like you...
181K 25.6K 89
He came back for revenge....but the sparks are back too Meet October Obiakor; The Nigerian spoilt child born into a rich family with no aim for her f...
196K 7.7K 33
"You Raven are to be my wife whether you like it or not" Toni huskily whispered into the enraged woman's ear. "No, I will not! Over my dead body wil...