~CHAPTER SIX~

Dedicated to IamMoana17 MadamToree Amyirechi

Enjoy.........................................

"Hey baby boy" I teased Adrian. He didn't like the name though I still call him that when I want to piss him off especially in front of his friends.

He said it made him feel inferior. Adrian always does big boys stuffs including his dress code. Dad would buy him trending stuff whenever he travels to Dubai and other countries.

I was on a video call with him. His headphones we're hanging on his shoulders, he's a sucker for music. He was also putting on a red cotton polo.

I had selected it for him on an occasion when we went shopping with dad's credit card. He initially complained that he didn't like the shirt but I knew it would fit him perfectly so I told him I would get it for a boyfriend I didn't have.

I later told him to try it on at home and he liked it so I gave it to him but he didn't hear the last of it because I kept teasing him about it. I was lying on the soft velvety bed with floral bedsheets. I wore a short jean skirt and a pink off the shoulder top with Micky mouse drawings on it.

My phone had one edge resting on the pillow and the other sinking in the mattress giving me a clear view of Adrian who was sitting in front of his dresser. I used one of the throw pillows for support.

"Who is your baby boy?" he feigned a serious face making me chuckle hard. I used my index finger to point at the scream muttering 'You', his reaction released my chuckle to a hysterical laughter because he kept raising his shoulders dramatically and dusting imaginary dust from his shirt.

"How is dad? " I asked him but he just shrugged and I got the message. Dad and I only spoke on phone and our conversation was totally awkward.

He even ignores my calls then he will text me later that he was busy or was in a very important meeting. Dad never choose meetings over his children, it obvious he has not forgiven himself.

I learnt from Adrian last week that dad has been awkwardly silent after the wedding. He buries himself in his study always, everything has changed. Adrian on his part has been all by himself and buries himself in his mini studio upstairs though aunty Cassie stayed back after the wedding but she has been quite busy with her modeling agency in Lagos.

Everything has changed; no more movie nights on Fridays, family outings on Sundays and gist with dad on Saturdays. We always looked forward to weekends then but now the house felt empty without me.

"He's not changed" Adrian answered after some minutes and I just nodded, I totally understood. I'm I supposed to hate Jordan for ruining my family's happiness and successfully turning me into a prisoner.

It's been two weeks after the incident with Jordan. I mean the night I yelled at him and nothing has changed. He leaves for his office early before I wake up and comes back when I have retired to bed but on some occasions he comes back pretty early but
he just buries himself in his study. I can't seem to get to get his motive behind this fruitless marriage. A marriage where couples don't talk and it really sucks.

I felt really insecure that he spends his day in the office
'Why is that? You hate him don't you' my subconscious asked. Well the reply is obvious I am his wife.

Why do I feel like he is spending his time with people that are important to him, 'are you implying he is cheating on you?' my subconscious asked again pissing me off. I don't know! I yelled within. I guess I am just an acquired property.