~CHAPTER THIRTEEN~

April's dress in the media👆

APRIL'S POV

“Please who are you?” I asked subtly but she smiled.

“Good day Mrs Scott. I am Belinda, your stylist” she replied in a sweet American accent, I swear I had fallen in love already.

“First things first, please call me April. Mrs Scott sounds too official” I smiled and she grinned.

Plus you can't accept the name' my subconscious added and I couldn’t agree more.

“and about the stylist part, I can’t quite recall getting my self one” I shrugged and wriggled my brows.

“About that, Mr Scott employed me with my assistant here” she gestured towards the young lady behind her “Jemima” the way she pronounced made me chuckle lightly because of her American accent.

“Okay so?” I asked quizzically, don’t blame me I was lost here.

“We are here to get you prepared for your husband's success party” she replied, her smile intact. I flushed with embarrassment because I was oblivious of the ‘success party'. Nevertheless, I feigned a smile and spoke up.

“I am sorry, I actually didn’t have an idea about it. Shall we” I said and led the way as we ascended the stairs.

***

“Done” Belinda said after what seemed like an hour. I heaved a sigh of relieve because my butts were hurting already. Standing up, I balanced my weight on my heels and stared at the mirror only to be stared back by a different lady.

‘She looked beautiful’ that was the summary.

My make up blended perfectly with my dark tanned skin, ‘Belinda is really a professional at her work’ I acknowledged inwardly. My gown was a wine red evening mermaid gown with wide off-the -shoulder blending with a luxury champagne rhinestone stilettos heels.

A genuine smile tugged on my lips as I kept staring at my pretty self from the mirror.

“Mrs. Scott…hmm sorry, April. You look gorgeous” Belinda said genuinely and I smiled in response. I turned to face her and saw Jemima totally grinning from ear to ear.

Belinda’s phone lying on the dresser beeped, indicating a new message. She picked it up to unlock it and checked the content while I cladded my wrist with my watch.

“April, Mr. Scott is waiting downstairs” she said looking up from her phone. I nodded while Jemima opened the door for me and Belinda handed my beaded purse. Exiting the door, I was awestricken.

Jordan was leaning on his car typing way on his phone with one hand while the other was shoved in his pant pockets.

He was wearing a black tuxedo that fitted him perfectly, carefully outlining his biceps.

He unconsciously stroked his beards and his arm flexed. I stared intensely at him with a goofy smile plastered on my lips, without thinking I placed my lips in between my teeth.

‘How can somebody look dead handsome without a single effort?’

“Shall we?” His voice, hush and husky, snapped me out of my unicorn land and I chided myself for ogling him. Gathering my composure,

I walked to the car and Peter helped me with the door while Jordan got in through the other door.

Driving out through the driveway, I immediately focused attention on the half cast window, staring at the passer by as if it were the most interesting thing to watch.