I've Forgotten You (TFP AU)

By Arya_Skye

Years ago... The old tired doctor watched the last of the members leave through the glowing bright groundbri... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four

Chapter Twenty Two

282 21 18
By Arya_Skye

After a long time, an older man walked over to the cell, grey curly hair sitting on his tanned skin. "Rafael? Is... that you?" A familiar voice asked from the large bellied man. 

The young man jumped a little and looked up at the door for a moment. His eyes widened as tears fell down his face and he wiped them away. "Agent Fowler? William Fowler?" He asked hopefully as he got up and went to the door.

The man smiled a little. "That's me." He said as he gripped the bars. "Your name has come up so much around here, I had to come see you." He spoke with relief that the man was alright. "I'm going to try and fix this mess but I'm not in the same position as I was before." He muttered, being at a much lower position. "What do they want from you?" 

Raf sighed shakily in relief and rested his forehead against the bars as he gripped them. "I don't know... they think I work with the Decepticons. But I don't, Agent Fowler... I hate them... even more especially after my time in Darkmount." He said as tears filled his eyes and he continued to shake from the memories. "Please... I didn't do anything wrong... you have to believe me." He rasped. 

Agent Fowler shook his head. "Easy, kid... I know you didn't do anything wrong. I know you wouldn't ever work with the Decepticons." The old man smiled a bit. "I'll try to fix this best I can but the most you can do is corporate and just sit tight. Alright?" Fowler spoke with reassurance. 

"I will... I promise... but I need to know why they are accusing me-" He stopped suddenly and paled as he thought of the photo. "Oh... wait..." he rasped and looked at him. "The picture of me and Bee..." he mumbled. 

Fowler frowned, gripping the bars. "What photo?" He asked as his eyebrows furrowed. "How did anyone get their hands on a photo of you two? Was it electronic?" He asked as he tried to figure this out with the man. 

"No... it was when we first met... no wait... a few days before we had to leave. It was all I had left of him... it was my hope that they'd come back and help us." He whispered quietly as tears filled his eyes as he realized his mistake. "I just needed hope..." he mumbled. 

"Raf, you did nothing wrong. These men are just skeptics. We just need them to believe it was an Autobot in the picture. Where is it? Do you have it on you or did they take it from you?" Fowler asked seriously, trying to keep him calm. 

He hesitated and looked around as he tried to focus. He shakily searched his jacket and managed to find it. His hand shook as he gave the man the old photo. He sighed shakily and thought for a few minutes. "How are you by the way?" He asked, trying to distract himself from the room closing in on him. The cold grip of darkness digging into his pale skin.

Fowler took it and looked at it before tucking it into his jacket pocket. "I'm alright." He sighed heavily. "Lonely." He added, shaking his head. "How are you? Other than right now." He said as he looked at the man. "I haven't seen you with a growing beard before and with a ring." He smiled. "Last I saw you, you were twelve." 

"Really?" He asked in surprise and rubbed his chin, having forgotten he had started growing one. "Has... has it really been that long?" He whispered quietly. He didn't know why that was the case.

The agent nodded. "It's been 25 years kid." He frowned deeply. "Who you married to?" He asked curiously.

Rafael smiled a little as he thought about his wife. "Sari Sundac." He said as he looked at him. "I thought you were dead... what happened to you?" He asked. 

Fowler blinked, smiling slightly, he hadn't heard that name before. "Sounds like a city girl." He chuckled, teasing. "I got separated... it's a long story." He sighed softly. 

The young man smiled a little and gently gripped his hand in a friendly manner. "I have time..." he whispered quietly. He found that he had missed the man, he had become close with the children and been there for them. Especially when things got bad.

The agent sighed softly, giving him a small smile. "I... was fighting off the cons with Wheeljack when we got separated. I got called back to base and.... well... I don't want to talk about it really but I lost my status. I'm too old to be a soldier so now I handle some communications." He admitted. 

Rafael watched him then smiled sadly in understanding. "That's alright." He whispered quietly. He was silent for a few minutes then glanced down either way of the halls. "Agent Fowler... The bots are here." He whispered quietly. 

Fowler blinked in surprise and leaned back from the bars. "They are? Where? We don't have cars around here. Only the military is allowed to have vehicles." He said with shock. "How can you be sure?" 

"Holoforms." He whispered quietly and glanced around. "Bumblebee and Ratchet are here. Bulkhead and Wheeljack are coming. We don't know where the others are though... Jack said he saw Optimus but... that's about it. Magnus... we haven't seen him or heard from him since Darkmount..." he whispered. 

Fowler nodded a bit then frowned deeply. "Ultra Magnus... I heard he was captured with Ratchet and Wheeljack... are you sure Ratchet is here?" He whispered then frowned as he rubbed his forehead. "I'm very confused." 

"So am I... but Ratchet is here. He got captured once then managed to escape with Wheeljack after the bots went to save them... Magnus sacrificed himself so they could get out... I don't know what happened after that..." he whispered quietly. 

Fowler hummed softly as he tried to piece it all together. "Well... it sounds like then we just need to find Magnus and Optimus." He rubbed his chin. "I'll see what I can do here. Just hang tight, I'll be back later." He said and began to leave. 

"And Arcee..." he whispered quietly and gripped the bars as he felt his anxiety again. "Thank you Agent Fowler... for everything..." he said and watched him go. He closed his eyes as his hands shook and he felt nervous again. He squeezed his eyes tightly and sighed before going back to the corner. He sat there and hugged his knees to his chest again. He worked on calming himself and buried his face as he gripped his arms. "It's okay... it'll be okay...." he mumbled to himself. 

The old man left and began going down the halls to talk to superiors about this. He tried to get them to understand the photo had the Autobots in it. He was taking a long time to return. A man came back with food and water but it wasn't Fowler and the man didn't stay. Raf jumped a little and looked at the man. He watched him intently then glanced at the food but didn't touch it. He buried his face again and tried desperately to calm himself. He was trying not to lose it, but he kept thinking he was with the cons again. He started shaking more and rocked a little. He silently hoped he could get out of this place soon.

Soon Agent Fowler returned, the man frowning. "I couldn't do much for you but I got them to start considering and investigating. You can't leave just yet though." He sighed, frowning as he put his hands in his suit pockets. "I'm sorry Rafael." 

"No... thank you... for everything." He said as he looked up at him. He thought for a long time then his expression fell a little. "Fowler... the military have proof right under their noses." He said seriously as he remembered something. "Before Bumblebee left for a long time... he brought his alternate mode here for safe keeping. The soldiers put it in storage because we can't really drive down here." He said seriously. "We never said what it really was though... he just wanted it to be safe. I told them it was my car and I wanted to store it...." He chuckled sadly. 

Fowler blinked, smiling a bit. "Wow." he chuckled as he rubbed his forehead, amused. "Well, we just need to bring them to the storage room then." He said with a growing smile. "Maybe I can get you to come with." 

"That would be good." He grinned then it faded as he realized something. "Oh no... if Bumblebee knows I'm in here... he may try to get me out by proof... oh no." He whispered. 

The agent blinked. "Why oh no? They know Autobots are good." He said with confusion, blinking then frowned. "What do you mean?" 

"He'll do anything to get me out of bad situations... even if it's not the best way. He doesn't care about his own safety over his friends." He explained. "Bumblebee has been in his Holoform for far too long. It could kill him if he rushes to go back to his biped mode." He said as tears filled his eyes. 

Fowler frowned, his expression shifting to something unreadable before he sighed. "Alright... relax kid. It's fine. We're going to take care of this." He said seriously and began to think. "Where would that storage room be?'

He thought for a moment then looked at him. "The main storage area... towards the back because it's the least important to them." He said sadly. "But it's really important to me..." he trailed off. 

Fowler nodded. "I know it is, kid. I'll be back." He said and began leaving, hurrying down the halls as he sprinted best he could to the storage. He panted a bit, the overweight man unable to run like he used to. 

The young scientist watched him go then rubbed his face tiredly. He glanced to the window at the door again as he remained in his corner. His safe place. He silently hoped his friend didn't get hurt and his other friend didn't hurt himself. He felt so helpless. 

~

In the home Sari held Quinn close still, trying to calm her down as Riley didn't answer. She said comforting words as she stroked her hair. Bumblebee kept texting Riley as he became frantic. He looked around and soon got to the apartment. Knocking as calmly as he could 

Sari frowned and set Quinn down. She weakly got up and used the couch as leverage to get to the door. She looked through the hole then opened it, relaxed when she saw it was Bumblebee. "I'm so glad you heard me." She breathed in relief. Bumblebee quickly helped her make it back to the couch and Quinn got him some more paper. He looked to Sari first as he gave her a questioning expression. 

The mother thanked him quietly as she leaned back against the couch, closing her eyes for a moment. "They came and just took him. I don't know where. They handcuffed him and said he was a traitor."

Bumblebee furrowed his brow in concern then glanced at Quinn who was curled up in her mother's lap. She sniffed sadly and glanced around more. "Where's Riley?" She asked. 

Sari wiped her tears gently and looked around and sighed softly. "I don't know. Probably the lab like always. Her lab coat is gone." She said gently, rubbing her back. Bumblebee nodded slowly and gently gripped her hand. Silently trying to tell her he was going to go look for her. Sari looked up at him, hesitant but nodded. "Thank you." She whispered. "Please text me once you've found her." she said quietly. Bumblebee smiled sadly and nodded a little. He hugged them both tightly then got up and left the home. Going to the lab to hopefully find Riley. Sari smiled a bit as she watched him and held Quinn closer. She sighed and began relaxing a little. 

Riley was going through her father's things in his office, putting notes into his bag. She frowned deeply, shaking by the amount of soldiers outside the door. She noticed copies were made at the printer and went to them, furrowing her brow as it was her father's journal that got copied. 

Bumblebee was worried as he went to the lab and saw soldiers. He frowned deeply and tried to get inside, but didn't succeed. He narrowed his eyes as he tried to speak to them and managed to finally. "Riley's... Uncle..." he rasped weakly but they heard him. 

The soldiers glanced at each other before nodding and letting him pass quietly. Percy looked over at the blonde man curiously as he looked at his clipboard. The scout grunted quietly and rubbed his throat as he winced. He looked around then made his way towards the lab. He glanced at Percy and furrowed his brow before looking around. He found Rafs office and quietly knocked on the door. He looked at Riley and smiled a little. 

Riley jolted when the door was knocked on, dropping a few papers as she trembled. She relaxed though seeing it was just Bumblebee. "O-Oh, it's you. Do you know if they took Dad?" She whispered with shock. "Soldiers ran to go to the house! T-They accused him of working with Decepticons b-but it's just the Autobots. Percy found the picture a-and I slipped up." She rambled worriedly, shakily showing him the picture Percy previously had. 

The scout nodded slowly and gently gripped her shoulders to help steady her shaking. He nodded to her question and furrowed his brow at the picture. He didn't like that they were in his brothers' things. He shook his head and she could tell he was angry. He looked around and went to the shredder. He was going to destroy the copies. 

Riley took a few breaths, trying to calm down but she couldn't stop trembling. "B-Sam. Please, relax." She whispered. "We have to go get Dad." She spoke worriedly as she followed him.

Bumblebee stopped himself and looked at her. He furrowed his brow wondering what she meant by that. He glanced around thinking he was here somewhere. "Where...?" He rasped weakly and coughed as he rubbed his neck.

The young woman's expression fell. She wasn't sure. "H-He should be at the house but...if not then...they might have taken him to the military sector. It's... we can't trespass..." she whispered, hugging herself. "I... I don't know what to do. Skye would know how to set up a plan." She muttered, knowing her friend was good at that sort of thing. 

He looked at her then walked over and hugged her to try and comfort her. He thought for a moment then looked at the young woman again. "Not... at... house..." he rasped and pulled away as he coughed then made an annoyed expression. He found some blank papers and started to write.

-He's here in this place then. What will they do to him if he's in this building you're talking about?

Riley watched him quietly, frowning at how much he tried using his voice. She looked down at the paper and shook her head. "Question him... ban him to above ground and exile him. I don't know. There had never been a problem with traitors here before." Riley whispered with worry. "Maybe they can let us go in and talk to them. Maybe visit." 

Bumblebee dropped the pen he was using and shook his head as he gripped his hair. His eyes widened as he started to panic. They couldn't do this to his brother. Raf couldn't go up to the surface and be banished, he had a family. Bumblebee paced as he tried to figure out how to help and make things better. He didn't know and started to panic more. He looked at her then out to the soldiers in the room. He had to do something and fast. He remembered where his alternate mode was and he looked at her as his eyes widened. If he could just transform.

She gently placed a hand on his shoulder, reassuring him. She rubbed his back gently, worried as she saw him so panicky. She never saw him this way. She saw his eyes widen and she blinked. "What? What is it?" She asked quietly, confused. The Autobot scout looked at her and slowly smiled as he got the idea and it grew. He gripped her hand and led her off. They managed to get out and he headed straight to the storage area. He could prove this to them and set Raf free.

Riley blinked and quickly followed him after snatching up her father's bag filled with his notes. She had shoved all the copies in her bag as well. She put the bag onto her shoulder as she followed. "Where are we going?" She asked in confusion, furrowing her brow and adjusting her glasses every so often to keep them on. Bumblebee kept a hold of her arm and went to the storage area. He stopped in front of the gate and looked at her as he grinned. He let go and pointed to himself then to the other side of the gate.

She blinked as she looked at him then the other side of the gate, stopping. Her eyebrows raised. "You... want us to go in and... ohh." her eyes widened. "Your vehicle mode is...'' she looked at him in shock. "Bu-Sam we can't just break in!"

He shook his head and looked at her then pointed to her and the gate. Indicating she could get in. "We... have... to... save... Raf..." he struggled to say and coughed painfully as he glared. "Please...." he rasped. Riley frowned and nodded a bit, weary. She went to the gate and opened it, going inside quietly. She began shaking and she pulled at her fingers as she looked around. Mostly military cars sat quietly around them and she looked around for Bumblebees form. She started running when she saw a yellow car toward the back. 

The scout grinned excitedly and ran past her then jumped and landed on his hood as he hugged his alternate mode. He grinned more and felt the faint connection again. He was so happy to find himself, strange as it sounded. He looked at her then jumped off and hugged her tightly then spun her around. He set her down and cheered silently as he ran around his alternate mode. 

Riley smiled as she watched him then giggled, laughing happily. Once she was set down she adjusted her glasses, watching him. "Does your alt mode turn on?'' She asked with a grin, glad they found it. 

Bumblebee stopped celebrating and looked at her as he grinned. He went to the hood and opened it. He glanced around then scrunched up his face. He furrowed his brow as he looked at his sleeping form. It had been this way for a long time. He huffed as he removed spider webs and glanced at her. He put the hood down and knew there was a way to get himself to wake up. He wasn't exactly sure how though. He opened the door and got in then stared blankly at the dusty wheel. This was so weird. He looked at her feeling a bit lost then pointed to the bag. Maybe Raf knew. They had his notes.

She nodded and smiled as she went to the passenger side, watching him. She blinked in realization and nodded again, opening the bag, taking out her fathers journal and flipping through it. She slammed it shut in fright, jolting as she heard a voice shout to them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

296K 14.5K 94
Riven Dixon, the youngest of the Dixon brothers, the half brother of Merle and Daryl dixon was a troubled young teen with lots of anger in his body...
380K 12K 87
"I have a secret, a well-kept secret for the last almost seven years. The real reason why I went into hiding." After years in a complicated relatio...
796K 48K 120
Y/N L/N is an enigma. An outgoing, cheerful, smiley teenage boy. Happy, sociable, excitable. A hidden gem in the rough of Japan's younger soccer pl...
1.9M 83.7K 127
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC