𝑵𝒂𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒂: 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑮𝒐𝒍𝒅...

By TheGoldenAgeOfNarnia

"Ettinsmoor? Is that what we're calling it now?" Imira asked. "Better than 'the northern lands the Ettins inh... More

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏 | 𝑶𝒖𝒕𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐 | 𝑰𝒓𝒂𝒔𝒄𝒊𝒃𝒍𝒆 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑 | 𝑻𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒃𝒍𝒆 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒 | 𝑪𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒓𝒎𝒆𝒏 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓 | 𝑳𝒚𝒄𝒊𝒂 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔 | 𝑺𝒏𝒆𝒂𝒌 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕 | 𝑰𝒏𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒓𝒐𝒐𝒎 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖 | 𝑾𝒊𝒏𝒆 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗 | 𝑨 𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒑 𝒅𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒎𝒆𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒚 𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒆 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎 | 𝑩𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏 | 𝑵𝒂𝒎𝒆𝒔 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐 | 𝑴𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒔𝒕𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒉𝒚 𝒇𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒐𝒘𝒔 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑 | 𝑫𝒂𝒊𝒍𝒚 𝒅𝒐𝒔𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝑬𝒅𝒎𝒖𝒏𝒅 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒 | 𝑫𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓 | 𝑬𝒅𝒎𝒖𝒏𝒅 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟔 | 𝑫𝒐 𝑰 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒉𝒐𝒊𝒄𝒆? |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕 | 𝒀𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖 | 𝑷𝒓𝒊𝒄𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗 | 𝒀𝒂𝒃𝒃𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟏 | 𝑬𝒎𝒑𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒚 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟐 | 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑯𝒖𝒏𝒕 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟑 | 𝑩𝒂𝒅 𝑯𝒂𝒃𝒊𝒕𝒔|
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒 | 𝑮𝒂𝒎𝒆 𝒐𝒏 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟓 | 𝑺𝒉𝒓𝒊𝒎𝒑𝒔, 𝒃𝒂𝒕𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒘𝒊𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒔 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟔 | 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒔 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟕 | 𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝒊𝒏 𝑵𝒂𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒂 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟖 | 𝑫𝒆𝒂𝒏'𝒔 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒏 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟗 | 𝑳𝒂𝒅𝒚 𝑷𝒉𝒐𝒆𝒃𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒑𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒆𝒅 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟎 | 𝑭𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒊𝒂𝒓 𝒃𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟏 | 𝑾𝒐𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟐 | 𝑫𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝑬𝒅𝒎𝒖𝒏𝒅 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟑 | 𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒕 𝑮𝒂𝒍𝒎𝒂 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟒 | 𝑭𝒊𝒓𝒆 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟓 | 𝑷𝒔𝒚𝒄𝒉𝒐 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟔 | 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒂𝒍 |
- • -
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟖 | 𝑫𝒆𝒄𝒍𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟗 | 𝑳𝒐𝒓𝒅 𝑷𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒅𝒂𝒏 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟎 | 𝑮𝒍𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒔 |
𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑴𝒆𝒓𝒎𝒂𝒊𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝑪𝒂𝒊𝒓 𝑷𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒍
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟏 | 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒏𝒆𝒚 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒓 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟐 | 𝑯𝒆'𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒄𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒌𝒚, 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒋𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒖𝒔 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟑 | 𝑩𝒖𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈, 𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒎𝒑𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒆𝒚𝒆-𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒃𝒃𝒊𝒏𝒈 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟒 | 𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒔' 𝒒𝒖𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒆𝒍 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟓 | 𝑺𝒆𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒔 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟔 | 𝑴𝒂𝒓𝒔𝒉𝒘𝒊𝒈𝒈𝒍𝒆 𝒐𝒑𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒎 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟕 | 𝑵𝒐𝒕 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒊𝒔 𝒇𝒂𝒊𝒓 𝒊𝒏 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒘𝒂𝒓 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟖 | 𝑴𝒊𝒅𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒏𝒂𝒈𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒈 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟗 | 𝑮𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎 𝒉𝒆𝒍𝒍 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟎 | 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑩𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑹𝒐𝒄𝒌𝒔 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟏 | 𝑶𝒏𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒑 𝒄𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒆𝒓 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟐 | 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒈𝒆 𝑮𝒂𝒎𝒆 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟑 | 𝑬𝒂𝒔𝒊𝒍𝒚 𝒊𝒏 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒊𝒍𝒚 𝒐𝒖𝒕 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟒 | 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍 𝑪𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒏 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟓 | 𝑩𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒆 𝑷𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒔 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟔 | 𝑻𝒂𝒔𝒉𝒃𝒂𝒂𝒏 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑵𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒉 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟕 | 𝑼𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑴𝒐𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟖 | 𝑨 𝒘𝒂𝒍𝒌 𝒅𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒌 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟗 | 𝑵𝒆𝒘𝒔 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝑨𝒏𝒗𝒂𝒓𝒅 |
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 60 | Back to Cair Paravel |
Chapter 61 | At Anvard |
Chapter 62 | Rabadash the Riddiculous |
Chapter 63 | The Storm |
Chapter 64 | The Light |

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎 | 𝟏𝟎𝟎𝟒 |

305 17 5
By TheGoldenAgeOfNarnia

I had a plan, we had a plan, a good plan, unfortunately, plans don't always go the way we want them to.

Our base camp was established north of Mount Pire, close to where the bears live, right between the Archenland crossing and the entrance to Datram. But not only was it perfectly located, the sparsely wooded area we chose provided with lots of cover, a good view of our surroundings, and access to clean water. The perfect setting for a base camp. We marched our troops to Datram, all but one of the three battalions, taking the Archenland crossing in the mountains and waited at The Gate for the fake shipment to arrive. Then, Susan and I hid in the empty cargo carts along with some of our soldiers and left on the twenty-first for Narnia. The idea was that she and I would leave first with the fake Datramite load and then Edmund would leave a few hours later, leaving just enough distance between our parties so the soldiers would not be seen, but not too much distance so that when they did attack Susan would be able to blow her magical horn and help from Edmund and the battalion we left behind would arrive. Theoretically, a good idea, practically, not so much. We waited and waited and waited but nightfall came they never showed up. As we reached Archen River and readied to set up camp, a robbin flew in with news of a series of attacks. They had targeted the Shuddering Wood and raided the farms and villages bordering the Archenland crossing. The battalion we had left behind had split up into three groups: one to defend the camp, a second to travel to the Shuddering Wood, and a third to fight off the southern raids. But it wasn't enough, of course it wasn't, a meek sixty soldiers fighting off horsed of raiders across the southern border and western wood? They didn't stand a chance at success.

Of course, as soon as we heard of what had happened we divided our forces to check on the Shuddering Wood and the Archenland border villages, but it was too late.

Just think about that, all the soldiers and time wasted on an envoy that did not need our assistance while the Narnians that did, died elsewhere. And all because of my idea. I couldn't help but blame myself, and, apparently, neither could Susan. She arrived at camp before we did and was not shy about sharing her feelings.

"I told you we should have split our forces to protect our people," Susan said as soon as Edmund and I entered the tent. We had just returned from a very unsuccessful search across the Shuddering Wood, not a trace of them.

"Oh, so you knew this would happen?" Edmund asked with his arms crossed.

He wasn't as bothered with the situation as Susan was. He was not pleased by any means, but he wasn't upset like her, he was more annoyed by the setback and the lack of sleep.

I, however, was very bothered by it. Why, oh, why did I have to suggest this stupid plan? I should have just agreed to lend Narnia the gold and stayed home as Peter asked, but nooo, I wanted battle, I wanted glory... all I've gotten are regrets. And now thanks to this failure we are going to miss Christmas. Perfect. That ought to cheer Sue up.

"I didn't know what would happen, but it was the sensible thing to do. We had no evidence to support Imira's wild theory," she said, briefly glancing at me. Maybe I should just go...

"It was a clever idea, I thought we had all agreed," Edmund said placing a hand in my shoulder, anticipating my escape and stopping it before it had even started.

"No, you" and she said the you part pointing at Edmund and me, "and Peter agreed. I always said we should have all the facts before doing anything,"

"Oh, well I'm sorry we forgot to make a proper inquiry about their plans, perhaps next time we can invite them for tea and they'll give us their schedule!"

As funny as I may find Edmund's comment, I am far too preoccupied with the mess I have created. Susan is right, if we hadn't listened to me perhaps those soldiers would still be alive.

"You should have listened to me. You all should have," Susan said and stormed off.

"Susan," I try going after her, but she is faster than I thought.

"Don't listen to her, she'll get over it," Edmund said waving a hand dismissively at his sister, "She's probably just upset she has missed the winter solstice celebration and now is going to have to miss Christmas,"

Oh, damn it! Now we are going to be missing Christmas?! I should have kept my mouth shut and listened to her.

"No, but she's right. It was just a wild thought. We should have waited for confirmation of some sort before taking action,"

"Perhaps, but there wasn't much time left. And for what it's worth, I think it was a clever idea," he said, sitting down next to me. "I'm surprised I didn't come up with it first, it made complete sense for them to target the gold,"

"Tell that to them," I say, referring to the witch's followers. He chuckles a bit. "This blows, what will Peter say when he finds out? He'll never entrust me with the plan-making again,"

"I wouldn't worry too much about it, my brother is mad about you,"

"I don't think that's gonna matter much when it comes to the casualties. Maybe I should just go back and tell him," If I go now, I won't miss the twins' first Christmas.

"And leave me here with Susan? I think not. No, I need you to stay here," he says in a very kingly tone.

"What for?" I asked halfheartedly and extremely disappointed in myself. "You've got an army. What good can I do that the soldiers cannot? I should just go before I mess things up again,"

"That," he says handing me a cup of wine, "is precisely why you should stay. You made a mess alright, but you can't walk away now, you've got to fix things, revindicate yourself. You can't just give up the second things get complicated. You've got to prove yourself worthy. Otherwise, you'll spend your time feeling sorry about yourself and wishing you could turn back time, which you can't" He says with a look of regret and a hint of sorrow in his voice. "Trust me, I know. This is the way,"

He knows all about mistakes and how to fix them, doesn't he? He has done such a good job at it his little mishap has been left out of the chronicles. No one would ever dream of bringing that up, he's done such a good job at mending his reputation I'd be surprised if anyone held a grudge against him. And if he who was regarded as a traitor has proven himself worthy, then surely I can stay and do the same.

"Since when did you become so wise?"

"I've always been wise, I just don't usually give advice for free,"  

Convinced by Edmund's counsel, I decided to stay and try to mend my mistake, but since I am unable to turn back time or bring back to life those who died, there wasn't much for me to do other than follow orders and try to restore my reputation one day at a time. Easier said than one. Too afraid about making the wrong decision, I followed the plans they came up with, contributing as little as possible to avoid the blame should anything might go wrong. A cowardly thing to do, I am aware, but I just had never been so mistaken in my life before. I did not want to risk it again. What if the next time it is something worse? What if I get more people killed? I wouldn't know what to do with myself. I played it safe and tried my hardest to ingratiate myself with everyone. Susan was particularly difficult to win over, but after I saved her from receiving an arrow in the back, she couldn't stay mad for long.

The New Year came and went and the fights still went on until, at last, we rode across the southern border and managed to draw them back to the west. Some, we heard, fled to the mountain range while the others retired to the western wild lands. After a week with no word from them, we decided it was time to return home.

"I think I see it," Edmund said from his horse, Philip.

A heavy snowfall clouded my sight and as the sun was nearly over the horizon, I couldn't see much. This winter has turned unforgivingly cold. I can no longer feel my nose and the snowfall is so thick we have to ride at a very slow pace. If we don't make it to Cair soon we are going to need to set up camp right away.

"Are you certain?"I ask, trying my hardest to say the words without chattering my teeth. "Last time you got our hopes up for nothing," Last time was an hour ago and we sprinted for nothing. 

"I'm positive, look, there are some lights ahead," he says pointing past the tree line.

I squint my eyes and find myself able to see the lights Edmund's talking about. It must be the towers.

"Ah, yes, there they are," Susan says from her horse, all the way over to Edmund's other side.

"At last," I say relieved and renewed by the prospect of seeing everyone again and sleeping in my own warm bed tonight. "I've missed everyone terribly,"

By the time we reach the city the sun has effectively set and the moon shines proudly in the sky. The snowfall has receded somewhat, but as it tends to happen after sunset, it has only gotten colder.

"Doesn't look like they missed us much," Edmund exclaimed as we rode through the empty streets. Only the random guard posted here or there acknowledged our presence, bowing in respect. "Don't you girls feel overwhelmed by the warm welcome,"

"What, did you expect a parade?" Susan asks him.

"Well, yes. Is it too much to ask? We did vanquish our enemies,"

"Perhaps, but not effectively," Susan says.

We know Susan, no need to rub it in.

"And besides, it is far too cold to expect anyone to be out at this hour," she points out.

By the time we reach the castle, word of our arrival has spread and on the steps of the courtyard await Peter and Lucy. Oh, he's a sight for sore eyes, looking even better than I remembered.

"You're back!" Lucy beams up as soon as she sees us, cheerful as always despite the cold, and hurries down the steps.

Edmund wastes no time before delivering one of his classic remarks, "Stating the obvious again?" but Lucy ignores his words and goes to embrace her brother and sister.

I get off my horse with ease and meet Peter halfway. We hesitate for a second before going into the arms of each other.

"You're taller," I say looking up to him, he's nearly a head over me now. "And stronger,"

"I was busy," he replies proudly. "Hey, what happened?" He asks touching my right brow.

"Oh, nothing, I'll tell you about it later,"

"But you're alright?"

"Perfectly alright now that I am back. I missed you,"

"I missed you too,"

"Hey, uh, I'm sorry, I-I thought it was a good plan but-"

He cuts me off before I can finish. "Don't worry about that, we can discuss it later,"

I was about to protest but then Lucy comes my way and Peter takes the opportunity to greet his siblings. 

"Imira!"

"Lucy! You're taller," I point out as I hug her. Is everyone getting taller except for me? I noticed Edmund grew a bit while we were gone, and now Peter and Lucy are taller as well.

"Oh, Imira, what happened to your face?"

"Just a small battle wound,"

"Would you like me to fix it?"

"Don't worry about it, the scar has just healed, I doubt your potion would work,"

"Let's get you inside, you must be freezing,"

After checking on the twins, who have also grown so much, and taking a bath, Peter and I go to meet with everyone else for an extremely late dinner. I just want to eat, bury myself in furs and blankets, and sleep until noon.

As we walk into the dining room, I hear Edmund and Darren discussing something enthusiastically.

"... as a tiebreaker," Darren says.

"I agree. Same plan as the last?" Edmund asks with a mischievous look in his eyes.

"Sounds good," My cousin replies.

"Hey, Pete, Imira, are you up for a hunt tomorrow?" Edmund asks us as we walk past.

He wants to venture into the wilderness again?

"We just got back," I point out. "Aren't you tired?"

"Not tired enough, we need a tiebreaker. And since the last hunt did not go as planned, we need to settle this between Darren and me,"

Ah, yes, the last hunt. We were supposed to kill this lion that had been terrorizing the woods, but the centaurs and some leopards got to it first.

"Can't you just settle it between yourselves?" Peter asks them, taking his seat.

"We are settling it between ourselves, but we sort of need a team," Edmund tells him.

"You boys know I am always up for a hunt, but does it have to be tomorrow?" I ask. Sleep, I need my sleep.

"Yes," they say at the same time, staring expectantly.

I turn to look at Peter for some sort of guidance, but he just shrugs. "It's up to you,"

Hm, well thanks for planting the pressure on me.

"Can't you just play a match of chess or a game of darts like normal people?" That would be far quicker and warmer.

"No," they reply at the same time.

"We've already done that," Darren informs me.

Ugh, I suppose I can put in some effort and wake up early.

"Oh, alright, we will go and play this little game with you," I agree reluctantly. As much as I'd rather sleep and do nothing, I do not want to miss out on some fun. And besides, wouldn't it be fantastic if I were to catch whatever prey they want to go after?

"Perfect! Now we only have to ask Susan. I wonder what's taking her so long?" Edmund says looking back at the door and almost as if the mere mention of her name has summoned her, in walks Susan holding a piece of paper on one hand and accompanied by... Lord Peridan? What is he doing here?

Edmund starts telling her about the hunt and the competition but once he notices Susan doesn't seem alright, he stops.

"What's wrong?" Edmund asks and we all stop talking and look to her and Lord Peridan.

Her mouth opens but she doesn't respond.

"Susan, what is it?" Peter asks now worried and stands up.

Susan opens her mouth again only to cover it up with a hand as she gives Lord Peridan the paper, tears streaming from her eyes.

"Lord Perida, what is it?" Peter demands as Lucy and I hurry to Susan's side.

Lord Peridan hesitates, but after Peter's second request he finally speaks. "The Queen of Archenland... has died," 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 100 12
"The sons of Adam and daughters of Eve shall rule, but the oldest daughter shall never be equal to her siblings" Anne Pevensie was constantly oversha...
175K 5.8K 29
"Oh. Milady Ashton, are you going to the ball for King Peter." The young centaur shyly asked Ashton. Ashton crouched down next to her, meeting her ey...
271K 6.5K 45
❝𝔅𝔢𝔣𝔬𝔯𝔢 𝔄𝔡𝔞𝔪'𝔰 𝔣𝔩𝔢𝔰𝔥 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔄𝔡𝔞𝔪'𝔰 𝔟𝔬𝔫𝔢 𝔖𝔦𝔱𝔰 𝔬𝔫 𝔱𝔬𝔭 𝔬𝔣 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔱𝔥𝔯𝔬𝔫𝔢, 𝔄𝔫𝔬𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯 𝔬𝔫𝔢 𝔬𝔣 𝔄𝔡𝔞𝔪'�...
101K 2.7K 32
Do you ever feel like you were born into the wrong world? Because that is exactly how Elodie Penvensie felt. Her twin brother Peter, and the rest of...