half-blood

By falleninterludes

"What's your name?" "Jisoo." she said, "Kim Jisoo." "My name's Kim Taehyung" she saw him smile, "Welcome to o... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty three
twenty-four
twenty five
twenty-six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five

ten

1.4K 108 17
By falleninterludes

Most of Artemis’ hunters got injured with monsters simultaneously attacking them and other demigods from any direction of Camp Half-Blood’s forest. The goddess saw how three carnivorous horses took Abigail, Wendy, and Jennie away from her group and into an entrance underneath – the labyrinth. She tried to follow them yet different monsters kept on coming, until she realized how disadvantaged they were.

“Fall back! Take any injured demigods and get out of the forest!” Artemis yelled, to which her huntresses followed.

After what seemed to be a long time, they managed to get out of the forest, where demigods, specifically, Hecate’s children, used their magic to build another invisible shield that separates the forest to the whole camp. Artemis remembered two of her most skilled hunters, and immediately went to the Big House, where she knew the only boy who’s more than willing to help her find them.

“Jennie got captured. I need your help.” Artemis said, eyes locked on the son of Poseidon.

Jimin, despite his body still feeling weak, jolted from his bed, eyes widened from what Artemis informed. “Jennie? What happened?”

“Monsters kidnapped demigods, and apparently, hunters too.” Jungkook said, sounding disheartened with the news that the goddess of the Hunt herself gave them.

“I know you’ll help me.” Artemis sounded a bit desperate, “My hunters need some healing too. I can’t bring them all inside the labyrinth.” 

On cue, demigods and hunters came inside the inside the infirmary, each of them holding one or two injured person. After some time, Seulgi and Baekhyun, Apollo’s Head counselor, came in with a heavily injured Jinyoung.

“Jinyoung!” Namjoon exclaimed when he saw his sibling unconscious. “A hellhound bit him when he tried protecting Seulgi, he just lost consciousness.” Baekhyun explained, before calmly addressing concerns of demigods and hunters who need help.

The rest of the children of Apollo helped inside, while Jisoo and Hoseok got dragged outside by their friends with Artemis.

“We need to help in-“ Hoseok started to say, but when he noticed that his sibling was quiet, he shut up. He wanted to be with his sister, no matter what.

“We need to gather the council to talk about this.” Artemis told the group of demigods, counting them, “This group should do it, together with five of my hunters.” 

“Actually, can I join?” a familiar voice chimed in from behind Taehyung, who immediately turned his head around to see someone he doesn’t want to see.

“Jin?” asked Jisoo, shocked that a son of Aphrodite, where most demigods who don’t want to participate in any training, asked to join them. 

“What is your name, boy?” Artemis asked Jin, her face stoic.

“Seokjin, son of Aphrodite.” Jin confidently answered the goddess, “If this is the rescue team, I want in. My sister’s inside the labyrinth too. 

“Who?” Chaeyoung asked in concern

“Irene.” Jin eyed Taehyung before looking back at the goddess. “I need to save my twin sister.”

Artemis sighed. “Head to the Rec Room. I’ll call Chiron and Mr. D.” 

Inside the Rec Room, a ping pong table was placed in the middle where each cabin counselors and the camp directors gather around for meetings. However, at this time, Artemis, Seokjin, Yoongi, Hoseok, Namjoon, Jimin, Taehyung, Jungkook, Jisoo, Chaeyoung, and the camp directors were the ones having a meeting.

“You lot have to split up.” Chiron told them, “It’s easier to find the missing demigods and hunters that way.” 

“Someone must be behind all of this.” Namjoon furrowed his eyebrows, thinking hard. “To think that these monsters attacked the camp before winter solstice, a time when more than half of the campers go to their homes for break.”

“Do you think Pasiphae’s still behind this?” Mr. D asked the older ones

“I’m afraid she most likely is but let's not pinpoint anyone when we're still not sure of what's really happening.” Chiron stated, looking awfully serious than he usually is. 

“But the last time we used it for the three legged race, it’s less sinister than the older campers used to tell.” Jimin butted in. Before the meeting started, Jisoo gave the boy an ambrosia to eat in order for his strength to return. Jisoo wanted to know why the goddess specifically asked for Jimin to help her find her hunters but she doesn’t want to cross the line, especially when Jimin himself isn’t trying to open the topic.

“It is. But the three legged race isn’t done usually. We only do it when we feel like it, and it’s not every day. Heck, we didn’t even do that kind of game for two years now.” Taehyung started to get impatient, “Can we just split into teams now so we can start finding the people we need to find?”

“I’m staying with Jisoo, and Chaeyoung to find Lisa.” Hosoek volunteered.

Jungkook raised his hand, “I’m going with Jimin and Taehyung then.” 

“I’m with Yoongi and Jin.” Namjoon said

“And I’ll be with my hunters.”

Jisoo leaned sideways to whisper something to Chaeyoung, “Why isn’t she going with Jimin when she needs him?”

“Her hunters aren’t really that comfortable travelling with boys. They’ve been like that ever since they became hunters; it’s an oath never to have romantic feelings with boys or else the goddess will punish them.” 

Jisoo stared at Artemis after what Chaeyoung said. The goddess looked stoic once again, yet she still looked innocent with her features; she doesn’t really look like a million years old to her.

After some time, demigods were inside the Poseidon’s cabin, waiting for Jimin to get ahold of himself. He was still recovering, but he’s now insisting that he has to go save Jennie from an alive underground maze. 

“You sure you’re alright now, Jimin?” Taehyung asked his best friend after they have gathered their things inside their messenger bags

“Yes.” Jimin sounded determined. “I need to find Jennie.” 

Taehyung looked wary of his friend’, “You know she’ll never come back to you, right? She took an oath.”

“Jennie’s sworn to a goddess and the river styx. She’ll die if she comes back to you.” Jungkook reminded Jimin, who just smiled at them. 

“I know all of that. I just want to save Artemis’ favorite huntress, that’s all.”

Taehyung and Jungkook exchanged looks before Taehyung pat his friend’s shoulder. “Then let’s meet the others. They must be waiting for us outside the forest.”

The trio met the others at the entrance of Camp Half-Blood forest. As much as Taehyung wanted to be with Jisoo, they needed to split into teams to find the others quicker. Besides, he thought, she has her brother with her. He believes Hoseok will protect her; he’s one of the best archers from their cabin after all. 

When Jisoo found Taehyung and his best friends, she tried hard not to approach him. She wanted to reassure him that they’ll find his younger sister and the others, yet she also needed to reassure herself that they can do that, especially when they’re going inside a maze full of monsters. They didn’t really have a solid plan, they only talked about who’s going with who, and where they will meet after.

They went down its entrance, near the famous pile of rocks shaped like a large fist, hence its name, Zeus’ fist. After all of them got inside, the small entrance they came in closed on its own. Jisoo, being the only one new in their group, flinched.

“It’s always like that. Don’t be startled.” Jisoo turned her head to her right and saw who just talked to her – Yoongi. 

“I’m nervous.”, she said, forgetting that it’s the boy she never really had a long conversation with ever since she’s training with them

“Don’t be.” Yoongi said nonchalantly before he started walking with Namjoon, leaving her beside Jin, and Hoseok

They got in the maze deeper and stopped when they felt like they needed to split into their teams already. However, as they tried to find their companions, two birds came swooping down them, causing them to scatter.

“Strixes!” Namjoon yelled beside Jungkook, whose sword was already in his grip. 

Strixes are birds with glistening, obsidian black plumage, leathery red claws, a golden beak, thick black tongues, and round golden eyes. These creatures are like hydras; kill one, more will appear. 

“Strixes are bad omen!” Artemis said, “Keep your guards up. Monsters might come sooner than we thought.”

The ground began shaking as the walls shifted around them. Directly under Jisoo was standing, she felt the ground lift her up before someone pulled her back. “Jisoo!” She heard faint yells coming from her brother and someone she couldn’t recognize as the sound from the movement of the walls was already loud enough. Seconds after, a new wall already separated her and her brother. 

“Looks like I’m stuck with you.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.6K 910 29
Maybe for certain people, they thought your life is perfect. Everyone been taken care of you and love you since you are a princess. But, princess lif...
4.1K 341 33
"Watch your tongue when you talk to my husband" - a single sentence that echoes through the realms of duty, love, and power, leaving an indelible mar...
740K 30.5K 70
You got up so sudden that you almost lost your balance but fortunately someone held your arms. "You okay?" A deep voice said "I uh I'm fine. Just a l...
1.7K 296 40
"Your eyes" "Your nose" "Your lips" "Your body" "Are all mine from now on" - Min Yoongi Wearing a contact lenses and then you can see a soul named M...