Caught Up

Par Xiangxin__

Seventeen year old, Cavonte Carter has a dream of becoming the next big thing. The goal of becoming a rapper... Plus

Two |Santana
Cavonte| Three
Four |Santana
Cavonte| Five
Six |Santana
Cavonte| Seven
Eight | Santana
Cavonte| Nine
Ten |Santana
Cavonte| Eleven
Twelve| Santana
Cavonte| Thirteen
Fourteen| Santana
Cavonte |Fifteen
Sixteen | Santana
Cavonte | Seventeen
Seventeen | Santana
Cavonte | Nineteen
Twenty | Santana
*ATTENTION*
Cavonte | Twenty-One
Epilogue | Santana
*ATTENTION!!*
Extras: 1
Extras: 2
Extras: 3
Caught up Remake/ Caught Up 2 Coming Soon

Cavonte| One

4.4K 92 19
Par Xiangxin__

We done? After every thing we been thru? U know wat fuk u Tay i don't need ur ass anyway dat y i got me a new nigga ~ Morgan

Tossing my phone across the bed I pulled the red sheets off me and sat up. Morgan always tripping I swear. What we had wasn't even nothing for her to be getting in her feelings. Just another hit and quit it. She been blowing up my phone all night with her bullshit.

Jaylen is sprawled across his bed. Sleeping in the most uncomfortable position. Dude been sleeping like that since we was five. I let out a small laugh.

After dropping my little sister, Rachel, off at our grandma house I came over and crashed at Jaylens. We like family. I been knowing his ass for a long minute.

Sleeping over at his house was a daily routine. His pops don't mind either. I hate being home. It's not like my momma be there and there hardly be food in the fridge. Ever since Dad died four years ago momma changed. She stayed out all hours of the night. Always drunk and bringing home different niggas. She got a five year old daughter and she bringing home men she don't know. My grandma got custody of Rachel but I still help watch my sister.

I don't got time worrying about broads. All I'm focusing on is getting paid and recording in the studio.

Fully getting out of bed I stepped over some clothes and other messy shit across Jaylen floor. I need to piss.

It was easy finding the bathroom in the dark. I knew the way around this house like the back of my hand. After taking a leak I checked myself out in the mirror. Running my hands across my dark waves and touching the tip of my golds on my bottom rack of teeth. I looked good. I ain't conceited like most light skin niggas. I just know I'm handsome.

All most girls see is my looks. Always calling me fine and giggling and blushing when they see me. Some girls following me like they my groupies. Nah. I'm not on that. All I see when I look at them is another easy hit. I'm not a player. I don't lead girls on. Morgan was the first girl I fucked this month. I was bored and she was willing to give it up. My grandma always told me to be careful round these broads. No telling who they let come through. I ain't trying to catch no aids.

I ain't trying to have a girlfriend neither. I'm just worried about my future.

Stepping out the bathroom the hallway light is on. I know I didn't turn on no light. I heard the refrigerator opening in the kitchen downstairs.

Being the curious guy that I am I walked downstairs. Mr. Diego or Jaylen ain't never up round this time. It's bout three in the morning.

I saw a figure standing by the counter. I ain't know if Mr. Diego had someone spending the night or what, but I turned on the light.

"Shit." The girl dropped the glass cup on the floor. Placing her hand on her chest she said, "Cavonte you scared me."

"Santana?" I said unsure. My eyes roamed all over her body. She's hella thick in her hips as she stood in pink shorts. The tank top she's wearing I see that she has small cups. Her stomach flat. My eyes checked out her blushing face. Her green eyes staring at me as dimples formed in her cheeks as she shyly smiled. Her heart shaped face and she has a nose piercing too. Damn. The last time I saw Jaylen's sister she wasn't as bad as she is now. She has always been pretty but now she's sexy as hell. I had to lick my lips a little bit. Damn.

"Yeah. Long time no see." She stepped over the glass shattered on the floor and over to me.

She's a little darker than Jaylen. You could just tell she mixed though. Pretty black girl with some Dominican.

She wrapped her arms around my neck. She smelt like cherries and funnel cake. A nice sweet scent. She got my mind going crazy right now. This can't be Santana. I wrapped my arms around her waist, "You've grown up. I still can't believe this you."

She giggled into my ear and I felt my member stir. Trying so hard to stay down. She's so gorgeous.

Santana pulled away from me a little. "I guess my Dominican side finally showed up."

"When did you get back?"

"Around eight. Last night."

No wonder I ain't see her. I came around twelve and immediately crashed.

Santana pulled away and turned around to clean up her mess. I tried to not look at her ass but it was hard.

"How was North Carolina?" I pulled out one of the chairs at the table and sat down.

She's in squating position as she swept the glass into the dustpan. "It was really nice. I loved living with my mom but I missed Jaylen and my dad. Sometimes you gotta come home you know?"

"I don't know about 'allat" I hated home. I can't remember the last time my house felt like home.

"Still rough with your mom?" She stood and walked over to the trash. I forgot how close Santana and I use to be.

"Yeah. It still is. She ain't never gonna change."

Santana sat down at the table. Her eyes staring deeply into mine. She always cared. Santana was always so sweet and innocent. I wonder if she lost her virginity. Seeing how thick she is now I know she not.

"Some people take longer to grieve than others." She reached for my hand and squeezed it gently. Her hands are soft.

My mom just didn't care. If this is her way of grieving I just don't understand. I slipped my hand out of her grasp. I'm not about to get into my feelings with no girl. Or nobody for that matter.

Jaylen walked into the kitchen scratching his stomach. Santana scooted her chair back. Looking as if she done something wrong.

"Man. I'm hungry. What y'all doing up?"

"I had to piss and I came down here and found your sister."

Santana bit her lip from smiling. She's cute.

"You just got here and your fat ass already raiding the fridge. I should beat yo ass. I see that glass in the trash." Jaylen said.

I snorted before we both laughed at his sister.

Santana pouted her lips and crossed her arms. "I was hungry and it's not my fault. Cavonte scared me."

"Nah. You shouldn't be eating in the dark anyway." I continued to laugh.

Jaylen nodded his head and smiled at her. "We just messing with you sis."

Santana stood. "Whatever. Night yall." She walked out the kitchen. I had to check her out one last time before she turned the corner.

I felt a loaf of bread smack me right in the face before falling on the floor. "Jay what the fuck?"

"Don't play dumb nigga. I just saw you checking out my sister."

He didn't sound playful as usual but serious.

"Jay I don't want her. That yo sister. She just fine."

"Bruh. On real shit. She off limits aight?" Jay's protective side showing up.

Santana's beautiful and I didn't mind looking but that's all it was. I ain't stunting no broad.

"Aight."

*******

I didn't stay for breakfast that morning. I had to talk to Raheem before I leave for school.

Raheem is posted at the Kuick Pick corner store as usual. The store ghetto as hell. Couldn't even spell quick right.

I've known Raheem since I was in eighth grade. He was a junior in high school round that time. Even though he graduated he stayed here in Lanxwood, selling drugs and working in the studio. Everyone knew of Raheem. He didn't play about his money and is quick to bust a cap.

Grandma always warned me about Raheem and the squad. "They ain't no good" she would tell me. Raheem is making stacks and be riding in some fly ass cars and wearing top gear. All the niggas either wanted to be him, looked up to him, or wanted to kill him.

Even though Raheem was always in some shit. We like brothers.

"Ain't you 'pose to be in school nigga?" He slapped my hand before pulling me into a manly hug and letting go.

"Ya. I had to come talk 'witcho ass before I head up."

Raheem rubbed his jaw strap and his golds shining at me as he smiled. He dark skin and real tall. "Oh. Ready for the big life huh?"

I wasn't bout selling drugs, fucking different girls every night, or shooting niggas. I just wanted a new location for my raps. My room ain't near as good as a real studio and Raheem has just what I need.

"Nah man. When you gonna let me try out the studio?"

He snorted before dissing me with his hand. "Mane don't worry bout 'dat. What you need to do is take yo light skin ass to school and hit up 'dem books."

Gritting my teeth I shook my head. Raheem knew how much rapping meant to me. "Bruh. Why you always brushing me off? I've been asking yo ass for years."

"All these niggas wanna be a rapper. I ain't got time. When I go in the studio it business."

"I ain't like these other niggas. You know I'm beast on the track."

Raheem took out a joint and a lighter. I knew the conversation had ended. "Go to school Tay before I call yo mama." He laughed.

Flipping him off I turned around and walked away. I hated when Rah did me like that. Like I'm some kid. I'll be eighteen soon.

It wasn't long before I made it to Lanxton Heights High school. It's a little cool in Florida even though it only January. I made sure to stop by student services for a late pass. Mr. Johnson be quick to slip my ass a detention.

A few teens hung out in the halls or near the bathrooms. Always skipping. One thing about me that sum i'm not gonna do. If imma skip school why come?

Mr. Johnson taught English and most of the time I could relate to what he was saying. Mr. Johnson a cool teacher but he didn't play about the rules.

I wore a plain black tee and some grey sweats with my white Cocaines. On my wrist is a gold rolex Mr. Diego gave me for Christmas. Shit hella dope. I also wore my gold cross necklace around my neck. I haven't been to church in a minute though.

"Hey Cavonte," Keisha smiled at me as she too was late for class. She's one of Morgan's friends.

"Wassup?" I stopped in my tracks. I was already late.

"Nun. What yo ass been up to? Got your girl crying over you."

All I could do was laugh. My girl? Nah. Keisha laughed to as I furrowed my eyebrows, "I don't know what she crying 'fa."

Keisha rolled her eyes and playfully pushed me. "Lying ass. You know exactly why she crying. You dumped her."

"Get outta here with allat. We wasn't even together. Plus she talking to some other dude."

Keish crossed her arms. Raising her arched eyebrows. "You know that girl ain't thinking bout no other boy but 'chu."

I ain't got time for Morgan's drama or her nosy ass friends. Class sound real good right now.

"I'll talk to you later Keisha." I turned away from her and walked away. People so quick to be in somebody business.

Opening the door to Mr. Johnson's class I passed him my slip on my way to my seat.

"Nice of you to join us, Mr. Carter. Alright class I want y'all to grab your textbooks from under your desks." He instructed.

Jay sat next to me. I gave him dap before reaching under my desk for a book.

"Bruh. Where you was?"

"Talking to Raheem."

Jay mouthed 'o' before amusingly smiling; his stupid ass. "Bet he still ain't let yo ass into the booth."

"Shut up."

Jay continued to laugh at me.

Mr. Johnson told us to open up to the story titled Negro Patterns. It has a picture of a young black boy cartoon with big lips and small eyes. 'Da hell?

Mr. Johnson sat on top of his desk. The book opened on his lap, "As y'all know black history month is coming up. I thought Negro patterns would be the perfect story. By the time we finish reading the story you all will partner up with someone and write a collaborative essay on your point of views of Black history."

As he was saying this I noticed Alyssa staring at me across the room. She's a fine dark skin with some curly black and purple hair. She's smiling at me and I know she's interested. I winked at her in return and she blew me a kiss. See, Alyssa wasn't easy at all. A lot of guys wanted to tap but she be acting stubborn. I know she like me though.

Taking out her phone she gave it a light shake before she began texting.

Seconds later my phone buzzed.

Alyssa: Party tonight @my crib. U coming?

Me: & if I come?

Alyssa: wym? (;

Me: naw u kno

Alyssa: u always playin :P

Me: how i-

"Mr. Carter," Johnson said, standing in front of my desk. I quickly slid my phone on to my lap and looked up at him.

"Sup?" I said nonchalantly; making a few people snicker.

Johnson crossed his arms over his chest, "Read the first paragraph and put the phone away before I take it."

Shoving my phone into my pocket I sat up. Clearing my throat I began to read, "It was an early August morning in Birmingham, Alabama. Mama and Daddy sat on the couch watching another broadcast of another colored person getting shot down and others running from the police officers. Mama sat crying. It was normal seeing her cry and daddy shaking his head. I always wondered what life would be like if we weren't judged by the color of our skin."

Johnson took his seat at his desk and nodded his head in approval before telling me to keep reading. Inwardly groaning I snuck a peek at Alyssa who's quietly giggling. I got 'ha.

After class ended I gathered my stuff and headed out with Jay. Alyssa is waiting outside the classroom along with her cute friend that's smiling at Jay.

"What is this? Middle school? Ain't nobody bout to walk y'all to class so get to stepping." Jay said, making the girls laugh. If only they knew he wasn't kidding. I had to laugh my own self.

"Whatever, Jay. I'm not even here for you anyway." Alyssa teased back before focusing her attention on me and smiling.

Alyssa is a pretty girl no doubt but if she thinks I'm really interested in like dating her she really need to get to stepping.

"You coming to my party or nah?"

Jay snorted, "How yo ass gonna have a party in that small ass house of yours? You gotta new house we don't know about?"

I laughed along with him. Jay has no chill I swear. He don't care who it is. He's gonna keep it one '100.

Alyssa rolled her eyes and scoffed. Obviously a little irritated. "That's why nobody don't like dealing with yo ass. You lucky I'm even letting you come."

Jay laughed. Feeling a little sorry for her he playfully pushed her, "You know I'm just fucking with you Lyssa."

She smiled and acted like she didn't care.

"I don't know bout tonight but I might slide through. Feel me?" I told her. I got better things to do tonight than go to another one of her parties that she throws almost every week. I got to pick up my sister after school then drop her off at grandma's, go to work, crash at Jay's and get my homework done. If I have time after that I'll be most likely sleep.

She pouted her lips and it didn't help the situation at all. "Please Cavonte?"

"I'll slide through after work. Ight?" I promised her, making her smile. I actually might though. She really feeling me and the least I can do is show my face.

"Shit. I'll be there." Jay said.

Alyssa waved at me before turning around.

"Bye. Jay." Her friend waved too before following after Alyssa.

Jay and I burst out laughing. Girls these days I swear.

"Girl ain't even speak until she was bout to leave. I'll hit though." Jay slapped hands with me before heading off into the opposite direction.

No chill I swear. With only two minutes left I headed outside towards the art room next to the media center. Outside the door stood Santana. She looks nervous and shy to go in. Oh yeah, it's her first day here at a new school.

She stood in a regular blue tshirt, a black leather jacket paired with some black skinny jeans and black vans. A basic look but on her it was far from it.

"Whatchu scared to go in 'fa? They not gonna bite you." I said, surprising her.

Santana blushed a little making me smile at her cuteness. "You have art too?"

"Nah. I just like to stand here and look at the drawings all period."

Santana giggled and told me to stop messing with her. She's so cute I swear.

The bell rung over our heads. Not trying to get another late pass I opened the door. "Girl come on. Ain't nobody paying attention to ya."

She shyly walked in before me. Nobody was paying attention. Everyone is talking and laughing. People sat at different tables it's about ten. This class is mixed with every grade.

"Where do I sit?" She asked me.

"I mean there's not really assign seats so you can sit anywhere."

"Can I sit with you?"

My friends are rude and say some inappropriate and disrespectful shit. Santana would be 'hella uncomfortable and I know Jay wouldn't want his sister around Omar and Xavier.

I spotted Nyema, she real cool and she a good friend of mine. She sat with her other friend Julisa. She's cool too. Her and Jay had a little thing together. They both sat across from this guy Chris. He's fruity as hell but I got no problems with him.

"I got a better idea," I grabbed her wrist leading her over to their table.

"Okay." She whispered.

Julisa was the first to spot me coming. "Ooh. Yas, Cavonte. You upgraded from Morgan real quick. Y'all cute though."

If she's referring to Santana she got the wrong idea. Not interested like 'dat.

"Nah. This Jay sister. She new can she sit with y'all?"

Nyema seized me. "Why can't she sit with you? Oh right. Y'all nasty asses."

I laughed. Running my hands through my hair I shined my golds at her. "Wassup Nyema?"

"Nun. Been chilling but yea she can sit here."

Letting go of Santana's wrist I pulled her chair out. Nyema and Julisa giving me a look then snickered. I gave them the finger once Santana sat down.

"Alright. Y'all."

They waved goodbye.

"This your real hair?" I heard Julisa ask Santana. I chuckled under my breath. Ghetto asses.

I sat at my table just as Mrs. Mar went around taking attendance.

Omar and Xavier were talking about Alyssa's party before I sat down.

"Bruh. Who was that girl?" Xavier asked me. His eyes still at Nyema table.

Running my hand over my brush cut I said, "That girl is Jay's sister."

"I didn't know he had a sister." Omar's white ass said.

"Bruh. Who cares?" Xavier said.

Shaking my head I said, "Nah. She off limits."

School went by fast but I wished it went by slower if I'd known Morgan would be waiting for me by Jay's car. Jay's stupid ass is over there talking to her.

"Aye. You didn't tell me ya girl was looking for you bro." Jay tried to sound sympathetic. His ass started laughing.

"Get yo ass in the car Jay."

"Nigga you ain't my daddy." He said but he still got in the car anyway.

Morgan's arms are crossed and her light skin ass looks upset. Her blonde hair in a ponytail. She has on red lipstick looking like the devil itself dressed in a black jumper. Morgan is fine as hell but I don't got time for her drama.

"I been calling you. Leaving you voicemails. Texting you. Looking for your stank ass and you been ignoring me." She said so calm. I didn't know what this girl is up to but she got me scared. You can't trust no mad chick this calm.

Furrowing my eyebrows I said, "Are you dumb or just delusional? You're not my girl. You are not my girl do you understand?"

"Don't talk to me like I'm two."

"You acting like it. I ain't got time for this I need to get my sister."

Looking as if out of options she says the one thing I was least expecting. "Cavonte I'm pregnant. I took the test and everything."

Staring at her for a long minute I realized she's a psycho. She'll say anything to get me to stay. I always wear a condom and I know her ass on birth control.

"Bitch. I ain't never hit no girl but if u don't get out my face with that bullshit I will."

I shoved past her and she reached for my arm. Causing attention to us. "Cavonte please! Don't leave me I love you."

"Let me go, girl." I yelled at her and I don't never yell at no female. She quickly let go of my arm and I was about to get in the front but Santana was sitting there. I quickly hopped into the back and slammed the door.

The only thing that kept me calm is the new lyrics I'm thinking about for my new song.

She said she was pregnant. That bitch got more miles on ha' that how I knew wasnt mine. These girls tripping. Quick to catch a nigga slipping. My grandma always told me to keep one eye open cus you just dont know wen you might get burned.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

99.7K 5.3K 15
Ray's world comes crashing down at the young age of 16. Her brother, her protector, gone. Shot and killed. Her mother, her bestfriend. Gone loosing h...
445K 4.2K 6
Butterfly gets her heartbroken but finds romance again, with Isaiah who lives on the wrong side of the tracks. --- Twenty-three years old, Butterfly...
346 12 10
Evie was the wild child of the bunch. She was always everywhere and doing everything, all so she could pour it into her writing. Being a writer was t...
You Drive Me Crazy Par ch

Roman pour Adolescents

7.9K 285 34
Highest rank: #208 high school sweethearts Meet Avery White. Her parents are loaded, and she has the perfect life. She doesn't know it but she's beyo...