An August Wedding

By SkyPhoenix13125

Your parents wanted a son to take over the family business. His parents wanted their son to gain some busines... More

Author's Note
Ch. 1 - The Ceremony
Ch. 2 - The Honeymoon
Ch. 3 - Family Discussions
Ch. 4 - Good Friends
Ch. 5 - Wedding Gift
Ch. 6 - The New Hires
Ch. 7 - Clashing Heads
Ch. 8 - Hard Work
Ch. 10 - New Ideas
Ch. 11 - Suspicions
Ch. 12 - First Fight
Ch. 13 - Plans
Ch. 14 - Shareholder's Meeting
Ch. 15 - Family Approval
Ch. 16 - Dinner Party
Ch. 17 - Inspiration
Ch. 18 - Assistance
Ch. 19 - Musical Stylings
Ch. 20 - A Modest Proposal
Ch. 21 - Side Steps
Ch. 22 - Double Date
Ch. 23 - Charity Ball
Ch. 24 - Divides
Ch. 25 - Date Night
Ch. 26 - Visits
Ch. 27 - Making It Work
Ch. 28 - Moving Forward
Ch. 29 - Wake Up Call
Ch. 30 - Family Favors
Ch. 31 - Assessing
Ch. 32 - Reporting
Ch. 33 - Visitors
Ch. 34 - Bonds
Ch. 35 - Next Steps
Ch. 36 - Deals
Ch. 37 - Celebrations
Ch. 38 - Exploring
Ch. 39 - Launch Party
Ch. 40 - Guys' Night
Ch. 41 - Girls' Night
Ch. 42 - Opportunities
Ch. 43 - Turning Point
Ch. 44 - Decisions
Ch. 45 - Showcase
Ch. 46 - Changes
Ch. 47 - Back to Work
Ch. 48 - Another Wedding
Ch. 49 - Different Directions
Ch. 50 - Favors and Secrets
Ch. 51 - Rides
Ch. 52 - Guidance
Ch. 53 - Confessions
Ch. 54 - News
Ch. 55 - Bad Timing
Ch. 56 - Flipping the Script
Ch. 57 - King or Boss
Ch. 58 - Deciding Factors
Ch. 59 - Crunch Time
Ch. 60 - Negotiations
Ch. 61 - Offers
Ch. 62 - Prep Work
Ch. 63 - Potential
Ch. 64 - Results
Ch. 65 - Free
Ch. 66 - Epilogue
Extras

Ch. 9 - Lunch Dates

185 10 17
By SkyPhoenix13125

The next morning, you woke up pleasantly surprised. By the time you got dressed and ready to go, Yoongi was downstairs finishing a mug of coffee.

"Morning," you greeted him. "Nice to see you up early today."

He bit back a retort as he saw the ring on your finger. You'd been wearing it since the last week of your honeymoon. 

And it reminded him that both Jin and Tae had told him to play nice with you. He didn't want to get locked in an office again today.

"Jin will be here in five," he told you as he rinsed out his cup. You nodded your understanding and he made his way to the bathroom.

Within a few minutes, you heard Jin's car drive up. You grabbed your keys and stepped out to greet him.

"Good morning, Jin."

"Joining us today, are we?" he asked with a teasing smile.

"If you're not too mad about yesterday."

"Nonsense. I told you before that you're family, I'm always available for you. Is Yoongi up already?"

"He is," Yoongi commented from behind you. You turned to see that he had actually taken the time to shave and put on a tie today. And he even had his bag tucked neatly under his arm.

Jin smirked as he watched him lock the door. "Good to see you learned something after yesterday."

"I don't know what you mean," Yoongi huffed as he made his way to the car. Jin shot you a wink as you both followed.

The car ride was mostly silent aside from some small talk. You went into the building together, even stepping onto the elevator side by side. If Namjoon had been there already, he might have been impressed.

You stepped off on your floor first, giving him a small nod. He did the same in return, pressing the button to shut the doors so that he could get up to his own office.

Yoongi had no idea how anyone kept track of anything at this company. Between emails, meetings, and endless phone calls, he felt like he couldn't get any work done. He was reading emails as fast as he could but he didn't know who to send them to in order to make sure things were being handled. He had a directory of people's names and contact information but he couldn't remember who was who after just meeting them.

He tried to keep a check on the meetings he was supposed to be in, but some of them weren't on his calendar schedule. Apparently he needed to set those up himself. He was still hesitant to pick up the phone after his last screaming match with a client but tried anyway. He really tried.

By the time lunch had rolled around, he'd forgotten all about the binders he'd brought to study. And he almost forgot about his lunch with Hoseok until his phone lit up with a reminder text to not be late.

He shoved his work to the side and started down the hallway, cursing himself for losing track of time.

Hoseok stood up to hug his friend. "Look at you, a working man now."

"Shut up," Yoongi grumbled. Hoseok merely laughed, sitting back down so that they could order. "How's the studio?"

"Good, good. A lot of students are starting to work on their own routines to apply for performances or programs. I can't wait to see how they turn out."

"Isn't it too early for that?"

"Never too early to plan ahead," Hoseok replied. "Speaking of which, here's your key back. Everything's set up the way you needed it, right?"

"Honestly, my studio's never looked better," Yoongi sighed, pocketing the key Hoseok handed him. "Still can't believe that they let you take everything."

His friend grinned. "I told them we could use it all at my studio and they couldn't get rid of it fast enough. It's not like they visit often, your parents will never know the difference."

A waitress came by and took their orders. 

"I heard Tae got you a pretty nice wedding gift." 

"Yeah, if I can ever use it. I've been working on some ideas since I left but I haven't made much progress yet." 

"It happens," Hoseok assured him. "How was the honeymoon? Feeling relaxed?"

Yoongi shrugged. "It was fine."

"And you and (Y/N) are...?"

"We're fine, Hoseok."

"So she knows you're moonlighting and isn't putting you in time-outs?"

"I'll kill Jin," Yoongi grumbled. "Every time we're alone together we fight, okay? Believe it or not, I'm trying not to add more fuel to the fire. She doesn't need to know what I'm doing, she'll probably tell my parents I'm not holding up my side of the contract and then I'll lose everything."

Hoseok nodded thoughtfully. Yoongi had told his friends of the contract before it actually went through. Mostly so that they would know he hadn't been "hiding a relationship" from them and so he could talk freely with them about it.

"All I'm saying is I know (Y/N) and I think you should say something. It's not good to keep secrets in a marriage."

"And remind me, how long have you been married, Hoseok?"

He rolled his eyes. "Married or not, you know I'm right." The waitress set a plate in front of him. "Thank you," he told her. 

Yoongi nodded politely to her, pondering that thought as he ate. He'd heard as much from his other friends too - Jin, Taehyung, and Namjoon had all said something similar. Maybe they could be on to something. After all, they all seemed to like you. 

Except for Namjoon.

The man in question was currently hovering outside your closed doorway again, debating whether or not he should interrupt you.

He'd actually moved to leave and go back to the receptionist's desk when your voice startled him.

"I can see your shadow out there."

So Namjoon hesitantly opened your door. You were eating lunch at your desk, fork in one hand, and typing on the keyboard with the other. You glanced up at him as he stepped in.

"I can come back," he said quickly.

"It's fine." You gestured towards the chairs in front of your desk. He carefully made his way over and sat down.

You clicked something on your mouse and turned to face him. "Yes?"

"I really can come back if you're busy. I didn't mean to interrupt you." 

"And I said it's fine." You took a sip of your drink. "I eat at my desk all the time, you're not distracting me."

He chuckled softly. "You're a workaholic type, huh?"

"I guess you could say that."

"Well, I was hoping you could tell me where to find the receptionist I replaced. She still works here, right?"

"She got moved to the marketing department," you confirmed. "Why?"

He scratched the back of his head. "I'm trying to make sure that I have the hang of how the phone system works. I thought we could do some trial runs."

"That's it?" He nodded. "I can walk you through that."

"Y-you can?"

"Believe it or not, I started out as the receptionist." 

Namjoon raised his eyebrows in surprise. He knew that your father ran the company, so that was surprising to him. Shouldn't you have started out higher on the corporate ladder than that?

"I'd appreciate that," he said finally.

"Great. Let's go."

He watched you stand up from your desk. "Wait, right now?" he asked.

"Sure. Unless you want to stay late tonight."

"Now works for me."

You laughed, tossing your lunch in your trash can on the way out.

When Yoongi got back, you were sitting behind the receptionist's desk and scribbling notes on a notepad.

"Did you get demoted?" he asked, leaning over the top of the desk. You rolled your eyes.

"I'm making a cheat sheet for Namjoon, not that he needs one. He's a fast learner unlike someone else I know." The actual receptionist was in the bathroom, so you figured you could make him a simple guide of things to remember to help him out when you were busy.

He leaned closer, lowering his voice. "I'm sure you're not insulting your husband in the workplace." You sat up straight to meet his gaze.

"Why, you want to tell on me again, tattle-tale?"

"Oh, playground insults. Very creative."

"What can I say? I don't want them to go over your head."

"As much as I'd like to see where this goes," another voice interrupted, "I have some work to do."

You quickly stood up, handing Namjoon his cheat sheet. "Let me know if you need anything else, Namjoon."

"Thanks, (Y/N). You were a big help." You smiled, making your way to the elevator.

Namjoon sighed as he sat back down. "Oh, here are your messages from lunch. One guy called twice, you might want to figure out what's going on with that."

"Forget about that for a second," Yoongi told him. "You two are on a first-name basis now?" 

Namjoon shrugged. "She's a lot nicer when you get to know her. And smart, man. She taught me the entire system in twenty minutes. Did you know she used to be the receptionist?"

But Yoongi wasn't listening anymore. "Traitors," he muttered to himself as he walked toward the elevator. "You're all traitors."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.4K 3.7K 15
The business industry always have some sort of arranged marriage. That was the one thing Jimin forgot about before he majored in business and marketi...
127 18 8
Both side parents are fixing your marriage one day Because they are friends and promised your marriage when you guys were young... The man who are yo...
18.6K 1.4K 18
"Being in an arranged marriage with your childhood friend isn't that bad." That's what Jeon Jungkook, the young CEO thought. His marriage was steady...
335K 9.8K 15
He walked to me and I was stepping backwards until my back hit the wall. "Don't go out with any other guy ever again." ❤💋❤💋 After I turned 20, my...