descent | πŠπ‹π€π”π’ [HIATUS]

Por totheIakes

Whether you come as lover or executioner, I am ready to receive you. Β© totheiakes The Orig... MΓ‘s

𝐀𝐂𝐓 πŽππ„.
𝐚𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐑𝐞𝐭𝐒𝐜𝐬
𝟎𝟎
𝟎𝟏
𝟎𝟐
πŸŽπŸ‘
πŸŽπŸ’
πŸŽπŸ“
πŸŽπŸ”
πŸŽπŸ•
πŸŽπŸ–
πŸŽπŸ—
𝟏𝟎
𝟏𝟏
𝟏𝟐
πŸπŸ‘
πŸπŸ’
πŸπŸ“
πŸπŸ”
πŸπŸ•
πŸπŸ–
πŸπŸ—
𝐀𝐂𝐓 π“π–πŽ.
𝟎𝟏
𝟎𝟐
πŸŽπŸ‘
πŸŽπŸ’
πŸŽπŸ“
πŸŽπŸ”
πŸŽπŸ•
πŸŽπŸ–
πŸŽπŸ—
𝟏𝟎
𝟏𝟏
𝟏𝟐
πŸπŸ‘
πŸπŸ’
πŸπŸ“
πŸπŸ”
πŸπŸ•
πŸπŸ–
πŸπŸ—
𝟐𝟎
𝟐𝟏
𝟐𝟐
πŸπŸ‘
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄.
𝟎𝟐
πŸŽπŸ‘
πŸŽπŸ’
πŸŽπŸ“
πŸŽπŸ”
πŸŽπŸ•
πŸŽπŸ–
πŸŽπŸ—

𝟎𝟏

11.6K 498 594
Por totheIakes

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓
﹙ 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆, 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒏𝒆 ﹚
࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

It's a beautiful day outside. Streets are packed with tourists—they're drinking beers, they're chasing beads, headed out on the vampire walking tour of New Orleans. They think it's just a myth; just part of our city's charm. Well, we know better. Just like we know there's a storm coming. This week marks five years since the fall of the Mikaelsons, five years of peace.

And we paid a high price for that peace. We witches earned that peace. We snatched back our freedom, we severed our link with our ancestors. To take back our city, we backed Marcel Gerard. Now, since then, we fought hard to build this community. And in the next week, as we celebrate our independence, that community will be challenged because every year we get visitors.

Vampires from all over the world, they come here, and they want to see first-hand the suffering of Klaus Mikaelson. Now, some of those vampires, they're well-behaved. Others, not so much. You see, out-of-town vampires, they don't care about our city; they don't follow our rules. They will instigate trouble; they will attempt to upset our peace and the only way we're going to get through that is if we get through it together.

Now, this ain't the first time that we faced conflict. Each and every one of us here has had their fair share of monsters. I swear, I feel sometimes the city just has evil lurking in the shadows. For a long time, we've managed to keep our monsters buried. And now, we've got to make sure that they stay buried.

Otherwise, we will lose everything that we've built. We will lose it forever.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Five years.

Five years since Rory has last seen a Mikaelson show their face in New Orleans. Five years since she last spoke to Hayley Marshall. Five years since she last heard an update on Hope. Five years since she sealed her fiancé under the cellar of the Mikaelson compound in order to save both her and Kai Parker.

Rory Gilbert has done many things to ensure the survival of the ones that she loves. She just never thought that one day, her decision would cost her the very thing that made her who she was; her heart. Together with Klaus Mikaelson, her heart resided with the Original vampire—locked away in shackles, enduring endless torment under Tunde's mystical dagger at Marcel Gerard's behest.

It's difficult for Rory to say no—difficult for her to decline Marcel's wishes. He's one of the only creatures in the world more powerful than an Original; he's also one of the only creatures that's truly immortal. Nothing can kill him; not the sun, not a werewolf bite, not even the white oak. Marcel is Rory's friend, but she would be stupid to go against him. Not when he has every other supernatural creature in town backing his every request.

But she tries.

It's no secret that Hayley Marshall has been searching for a cure from Marcel's bite—the werewolf venom, derived from all seven bloodlines of the original werewolf packs. Though Rory and Hayley no longer speak, Rory has been keeping an ear out with her own informants.

Rory, in her many years residing with the Mikaelsons and learning about her heritage has learned to take a page out of her predecessor's playbook. People would trust her, and then they would die for her. The Petrova allure has brought many benefits unto the Gilbert vampire, ensuring that she has many little spies both on the outside and inside of the Quarter. Just as Hayley searches for the cure, so does Rory.

The rumble of Jasper Clearwater's motorcycle fills Rory's ears as the vampire pulls up in front of the Mikaelson compound, making Rory look up from the bowl that resides in her hand. Licking the chocolate mix off her spatula, Rory places the cake batter aside to wipe her hands and leave the kitchens to greet him.

Jasper greets Rory with a smile, leaning against his motorcycle. He pulls out a paper from his riding jacket, placing it in Rory's hand. "Here," he says. The Strix ring on his finger glimmers under the sunlight, reminding Rory just how dangerous it was for Jasper to go behind Marcel's back in order to help her. "Hayley's only got the Malraux clan left to look for. Word is that they all got killed...all except one."

"Keelin Malraux," Rory reads out, lifting her head. "What do I owe you?"

"A slice of that chocolate cake you're baking," Jasper gestures towards the chocolate stains on Rory's shirt. Rory looks down, rolling her eyes as she stuffs the paper into her pocket. She gestures for Jasper to come inside, the blond-haired male trailing after her. "You know, people are starting to think we're having an affair."

"You wish," Rory scoffs, barely sparing him a backwards glance. "Did you let Hayley know?"

"Of course I didn't," Jasper responds as he clambers onto the barstool, sitting across from Rory. He crosses one of his legs over the other, sticking his finger into the chocolate batter to lick it off his finger. "Compelled someone to give her the tip."

"Where is she now?" Rory questions.

"Thought you didn't want me to tell you,"

"I made you make that promise like four years ago, Jasper," Rory gives him an exasperated glance. Jasper's lips upturn into a smirk, placing a finger against his lips to shush her. Rory rolls her eyes, transferring the cake batter onto a clean baking pan. "Whatever. Is she safe?"

"She looks great, if that's what you're asking. I always wonder why you didn't sleep with her instead of Klaus' sister," Jasper hums as he places his knuckles under his chin. "Though, it might be awkward, considering your fiancé and all..."

"Don't you have somewhere else to be?" Rory spares him an annoyed glance.

"Like where?" Jasper questions innocently.

"You said you were going to meet Kai,"

"Did I?"

"Jasper," Rory taps her fingers against the kitchen counter.

Jasper rolls his eyes. "I told him I'd be late. Felt bad leaving you here. You know, you're literally the only one that still comes around this place—there's a condemned sign on the gates for a reason," Jasper comments. "Also, it's sad as fuck that you're baking in this dirty ass kitchen. Gives me real Haunting of Hill House vibes."

"If you're just going to stay here and insult me, you might as well just fuck off because it's nothing I haven't heard before," Rory mutters as she slips the baking pan into the oven.

"Like I said, I'm here for the chocolate cake,"

"I'll send you some when it's done, okay?" Rory crosses her arms over her chest. "It's going to take an hour to bake. You're going to sit here and watch me while it does?"

Jasper squints his eyes. "Mm," he hums. "You're right. Sounds boring. I'm going to leave," Jasper hops off the stool, leaning forward to press a kiss against Rory's cheek. "Bye, Rory. Don't stay here for too long—pretty sure there's asbestos like, everywhere."

Rory watches Jasper's retreating back as he leaves, shaking her head. She gnaws on her bottom lip, waiting for the rev of his engine to disappear before she makes her way towards the entrance of the cellar. She opens the gate, striding down the staircase.

Her eyes meet Klaus', who sits leaned against the wall.

"Hi," Rory greets him softly, sitting on the ground just across the barrier spell.

"Hello," he responds. He moves closer towards her, but not too close. His fingers ache to reach out and feel the warmth of Rory's skin, but the spell ensures that they would not touch. "How are you?"

"I'm okay," Rory rests her chin against her knees. "How are you?"

"I've been better," Klaus admits.

A tear slips from the corner of Rory's eye. She quickly wipes it away, hiding the bottom half of her face in her arms as her lips quiver in sadness. It's no use, though—Klaus sees the watery eyes and the pouty mouth. He's used to it, though. He never thought he'd be used to seeing Rory cry out of pure and absolute misery. He hates that he's used to it.

"Jasper gave Hayley the last name for the cure," Rory breathes out as she wipes her cheek, blinking away any saltwater that threatens to leave her eyes. "With any luck, they're going to come for you."

"They're coming for you too, Rory," Klaus murmurs gently.

"No, they won't," Rory shakes her head. "And I don't blame them if they don't. I...I did this to you," Rory wrings her fingers nervously. "I took away a father from his child. And it's...it's my fault that you're here."

"I've been telling you this for five years, Rory. This isn't your fault," Klaus frowns. "This is...this is because of my own acts in the past. This is my family. But what got me here is not you," Klaus attempts to shuffle forward, but he's blocked by the barrier spell. "Me being here, it's only temporary. Had you not convinced Marcel to keep me alive, you would have separated Hope and I for an eternity. You did what you had to do."

Before Rory could respond, her phone buzzes in her pocket. She pulls it out to read the contents of the message. We found the girl, and Hayley Marshall. Rory lets out a small curse under her breath as another text bubble pops up.

Kill them both. sent from Marcel's phone.

"What is it?" Klaus inquires in a worried manner.

"One of Marcel's men found Hayley," Rory mutters as she stands up, slipping her phone into her pocket.

"And how do you know that?"

"Got someone to bug his phone," Rory gives Klaus a small smile. "I have to go and fix this."

"Go," Klaus gestures towards the door.

"I love you,"

Klaus' smile grows warmer. "I love you too."

/. ₓ˚.✧ ━━━

Rory shows up to Marcel's penthouse in under 10 minutes, only to see that it was completely packed with vampires that Rory has never seen before. Out-of-towners. Her eyes trail around the living room, landing on the Gerard male. She makes her way through the crowd, excusing herself with low mutters under her breath until she's standing right in front of him.

"Marcel," Rory says, tugging on Marcel's arm to pull him out of a conversation.

"Just a second," Marcel tells the person he's talking to, before he turns his head to face Rory. "There you are, doll. People have been asking for you—"

"—Did you put out a kill order on Hayley?" Rory interjects.

Marcel's facial expression dampens. He excuses himself from the previous conversation completely, tugging Rory towards a secluded area in the corner of the room.

"How the hell did you know that?" Marcel inquires.

"You're not the only one with connections, Marcel. Did you or did you not put out a hit on Hayley?"

"I did. So what? We've been through this—I want the Mikaelsons dead,"

"Hayley's not a Mikaelson," Rory retorts.

"She might as well be," Marcel shrugs.

"And what are you going to do when she dies? Leave a kid without a mother and a father?" Rory snarks.

"Hey, I don't know why you're giving me this lecture right now, but I don't think you have a right to. It's because of you that Klaus is in that basement right now," Marcel gestures in Rory's direction. Rory's lips press together at his words, knowing that it's true. "Besides, Hayley hasn't kept in contact with you for years. I'm pretty sure that whatever friendship y'all had is out the window, don't you think?"

Rory lets out a quiet sigh at his words. Her phone buzzes again, and she pulls out the mobile device to see another text from Jasper.

Handled it.

Rory's shoulder slump in relief as she lifts her gaze back to Marcel. "Where's Kai?"

"Over there, mingling," Marcel gestures in the heretic's direction, where he's talking to a pair of vampires. He's dressed handsomely in a black overcoat and a satin button up, a charming smile on his face. "You should probably join him. People do ask about you when they think of New Orleans, you know."

Rory knows that it's true. Since the Mikaelsons were run out of town, Marcel needed someone less on the crass side to balance out the power factor. People feared Marcel because he took the serum but seeing as Rory was on the gentler side and trusted him, it influenced others to believe in Marcel as well. Whilst Marcel played the role of tough love, Rory just played the role of a persuasive second-in-command.

Kai has built his own reputation as one of the only heretics in New Orleans. Though he isn't widely accepted by the witches—who still believed he was an abomination of nature—the vampires were deeply fascinated with him. He's grown a lot in the past years, finally learning to evolve with the people around him. Rory's extremely proud of him.

"Roro!" Kai greets as Rory comes to a stop beside him. She looks like a complete 180 from how Kai is dressed, still in her Henley and jeans. Despite that, Kai doesn't act like he sees a difference. "Guys, this is Rory. I'm sure you've heard of her."

"Ah, yes. It's a pleasure to meet you," one of the male vampires holds his hand out for Rory to shake. Rory takes his hand in politeness, sparing him a small smile.

"I'm so sorry, but I have to steal Kai away for just a moment," Rory tells them. She wraps her arm around Kai's forearm, tugging him over to a different corner of the room. "Is your cloaking spell rubbing off, or? Because I just got a message that someone found Hayley."

Kai frowns. "I don't think so—last I heard, Marcel wasn't even actively looking for her anymore," Kai mutters. "What do you mean you just got a message that someone found Hayley?"

Rory pulls out her phone, pulling up Marcel's texts. Kai's eyes darken at the message sent by the older male. Kill them both.

"What a bitch—"

"It doesn't matter. Jasper handled it," Rory quickly reassures. Kai lets out a breath of relief, leaning against the wall. "What's this party going on?"

"Don't know. Out of towner. His name is Alistair or whatever. I'm going to call him Bill, just because that name is just completely out of whack," Kai picks up the olive from his martini, chewing on it absentmindedly. "I thought Malachai was a far cry, but I wouldn't want to meet that guy's parents."

"—I want to see his suffering with my own eyes," a man's voice suddenly fills the room. Rory and Kai lift their gaze from each other to see him speaking directly to Marcel. "And perhaps procure just a drop of his blood, if only to test a theory. See, we've known for sometime that Elijah Mikaelson still lives. My witch advisors suggest that his life is linked to some powerful, immortal force. Now, I believe that to be Klaus himself."

"Let me guess, that's Alistair?" Rory mutters under her breath.

"What gave it away? The ugly outfit or that stupid beard?" Kai retorts.

"Well, that's an interesting theory," Marcel responds.

"Klaus' blood will allow us to confirm that link. And, if true...well, surely that would be cause to kill him and eradicate his abominable family as well. You kill Klaus, it will ease the mind of all your brethren. Refuse, it will prove you to be a sympathiser." Alistair states.

Rory takes this as her cue to step forward in an attempt to calm the situation. She wraps an arm around Marcel's, smiling in Alistair's direction.

"Hi. I don't think we've met," Rory says. "I'm Rory. You must be Alistair. I've heard very much about you. It's such an honour to have such a distinguished guest come to visit our humble city," Rory lays it on thick, Alistair's eyes shining in curiosity. "But I'm afraid neither Marcel or I are a fan of ultimatums."

"Ah, I've heard about you. The hybrid's betrothed," Alistair chuckles under his breath. "What a cruel wife you are to subject your husband to such a fate. Perhaps he did not service you well enough?"

Rory's eye twitches in annoyance, but she keeps the saccharine smile on her face. "Well, a man should be wary of a woman who would subject her beloved to endless torture beneath the walls of the home he built, no?" Rory questions sweetly.

Alistair trails his eyes over the brunette. He ends up scoffing. "You know, it's bad form to deny your guests. It could sour their mood, and it would be an awful, awful shame if I or any of my followers were to go into your city with a sour mood. A bloody awful shame indeed."

"Well, now, Alistair, we never meant to be rude," Marcel speaks from Rory's side. "How about we settle this tonight? The Mikaelson compound. Midnight."

/. ₓ˚.✧ ━━━

Jasper and Kai end up meeting Rory beforehand at the Mikaelson compound. "Marcel wants me to do a barrier spell. People can get in, no one can get out," Kai explains as Rory comes to a stop in front of him. "I don't know about you, but that seems a little shady."

"You didn't tell her the best part," Jasper nudges Kai's side.

Kai licks his lips. "He wants it to withstand an Original,"

Rory's eyebrows pull into a frown. "What the hell is he planning?" Rory questions softly. Kai and Jasper both shrug. "Did you do it?"

"Didn't really have a choice. You know, Marshall's pretty scary when he wants to be," Kai responds.

Rory swallows the feeling of unease as Kai steps aside to reveal a salt circle, much like the one that keeps Klaus in his space in the basement. Just then, Rory hears the dragging of chains against the floor. Rory looks up to see Marcel holding Klaus by his upper arms, the hybrid wearing a look of annoyance as he stalks after Marcel.

"Marcel, what are you doing?" Rory asks as Marcel drops Klaus into the salt boundary.

Marcel shrugs. "Giving Alistair what he wants. I don't want a war on my hands. He wanted to watch Klaus suffer, here he is."

"Are you insane?" Rory hisses.

Before Marcel could retort, Rory hears the sound of footsteps entering the compound. Rory turns around to see Alistair entering the courtyard, a group of vampires trailing behind him. Kai tugs Rory behind him, standing in front of the younger girl protectively.

"Oh, Niklaus," Alistair greets the Original. "How the mighty have fallen."

Rory's eyes fall to the hybrid nervously. Klaus simply looks annoyed at the sound of Alistair's voice, leaning back against his arms.

"Pretty pathetic. Chained, beaten. Half-starved. I should just kill him," Marcel lets out a low laugh. Rory's fists curl at her sides. "After all, a wise man said, "one cannot be free if one's oppressors continue to live". And what I've learned is, the best way to end your fear is to face it yourself. So, for you, a gift—the sword that you gave me, now laced with my venom. One slice will draw Klaus' blood and deliver the slow, agonising death he deserves."

Rory's head snaps up to meet Marcel's eyes. "Marcel—" Rory steps forward, but Jasper grabs her arm to hold her back.

"Don't," Jasper speaks lowly into her ear. "Not right now."

"He's going to kill him," Rory protests.

"If he does, he loses his leverage. He's not that stupid," Jasper responds, wrapping an arm around Rory's shoulder to keep her tugged against his chest. "Don't make a scene, Rory. Not now."

"Do you suffer, Niklaus, as my wife suffered? As my child suffered?" Alistair questions as he approaches Klaus, walking into the salt boundary. "Yeah, you do. But I do believe, at long last, your suffering is at an end."

"Kill him!" the crowd jeers.

"Do you hear that? The people have spoken. Now, honour would dictate a request for your last words, but you deserve no such privilege. Instead, I want the last words you ever hear to be my solemn vow; after I kill your beloved, I will find your daughter. And when I do, I will eradicate your malignant bloodline from this earth."

At the direct threat against Rory, both Marcel and Kai step forward.

"Hold on a second—" Marcel starts.

Before Marcel could finish his sentence, Klaus reacts first. He lunges forward to take a chunk out of Alistair's neck, injecting werewolf venom into his veins. Klaus grabs the sword from Alistair's hand, using the sword to stab a vampire through the stomach. He swings the chains around his arms to pull another vampire into the salt boundary, digging through his throat as well.

Klaus discards him with ease. "Well, who's next?" Klaus speaks through a mouthful of blood. "Meet your maker."

Marcel rushes into the salt boundary, snapping Klaus' neck. "That is a nasty bite," Marcel comments as he regards Alistair. "The good news is, we don't only have one, but two cures. Klaus' blood, and...a very powerful heretic that could siphon that magic right up."

Kai's hand curls around the collar of Alistair's shirt, yanking him into a standing position. "The problem is, Bill, you kinda pissed me off," Kai says as he traces his eyes over Alistair's face. "I don't appreciate you threatening Rory like that. Whatever beef you have with Kenneth, you keep it in the family. Threaten whoever the hell you want—his kids, his brothers, whatever. Believe me, I understand," Kai tightens his grip around Alistair's shirt. "But if you ever talk about her like that again, I will literally rip your eyeballs out of your head and make you eat it. 'Kay?"

Marcel lets out a low chuckle, patting Kai's shoulder. Kai releases Alistair, letting him sprawl over the ground. "That was a little uncalled for," Marcel comments, crouching in front of him. "New Orleans is mine. But you are all welcome to visit; enjoy yourselves. But you follow my rules. You behave. And you never, ever question me. And you never, ever try and put your hands on the lady. Does anybody have a problem with that?"

The crowd remains silent.

Marcel's lips upturn into a smirk. "Alright then. Well, let's go celebrate."

/. ₓ˚.✧ ━━━

Rory finds herself sitting in front of the boundary circle once more, a blood bag in hand. She passes it through the barricade, Klaus' fingers tugging away the tube to swallow hungry mouthfuls. Rory passes him a towel to let him clean himself up, the hybrid wiping away the blood that stains his chin and lips.

"Are you okay?" Rory questions softly.

"He threatened two of the most important people in my life," Klaus lets out a small, pitiful scoff. "How could I be?"

"I didn't know that was what Marcel was planning," Rory runs a hand through her hair, shaking his head. "You could've died. I don't...I don't think this is right. I'll get Kai, we can siphon up this barrier—"

"—Rory, if you let me go, Marcel will hunt you to the ends of the earth," Klaus interjects. "Don't."

"It doesn't matter, Nik. I can't see you like this anymore!" Rory exclaims. "I can't...I don't want to do this anymore. I know that Freya told me to do whatever it took to keep you alive, but this isn't right. You need to go home; you need to find Hope."

"And what happens to you? What happens to Kai?" Klaus argues. "You're already risking an arm and a leg coming down here to see me. If Marcel knows that you're assisting Hayley in finding the cure, you are done, Rory. Do you hear me?" Klaus snaps. "If you allow Kai to siphon up this barricade, there's no telling what he will do to you. I would rather be here and ensure your safety than to be out there with you dead."

Rory exhales shakily. "I don't want to do this anymore," she whispers. "I'm so tired. I hate it here. I want to leave."

"You said Hayley has found the last of the werewolf bloodlines. It's just a matter of time now," Klaus murmurs softly.

A matter of time, a voice in Rory's head repeats. A matter of time has been a matter of time for five years now.

A/N: *taps mic* hello and welcome to the
first chapter of act three. wow, writing this
was such a doozy because the transcript was
not at all descriptive and i was way too lazy
to watch the episode, so...

anyway, i hope you all like and welcome
a new oc of mine: jasper clearwater. he's a
strix member and a mercenary. he's also very
gorgeous (lucky blue smith you hunk...) and
he is my newborn child.

let me know what you guys think!
comment and vote for more. ♡︎

Seguir leyendo

TambiΓ©n te gustarΓ‘n

27.9K 962 10
The Vampire Diaries Season Three to TBD Kol mikaelson x OC
177K 4.8K 46
"ᴬᡗ ᡗʰᡉ α΅‰βΏα΅ˆ α΅’αΆ  ᡗʰᡉ Λ’α΅—α΅’Κ³ΚΈ ᡗʰᡉ ᡇᡒᡗʰ α΅’αΆ  ᡘ˒ ʷᡉʳᡉ ˒ᡗⁱˑˑ αΆœα΅˜Κ³Λ’α΅‰α΅ˆ" Oc x Elijah Mikaelson
45.9K 1.4K 23
The Vampire Diaries AU pretty much Finn Mikaelson x OC
528K 13.8K 38
eventually, everything connects. klaus mikaelson x fem!oc the originals, season one-two 2018 | Β© heavcnlyrising