descent | ๐Š๐‹๐€๐”๐’ [HIATUS]

Por totheIakes

Whether you come as lover or executioner, I am ready to receive you. ยฉ totheiakes The Orig... Mรกs

๐€๐‚๐“ ๐Ž๐๐„.
๐š๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ญ๐ข๐œ๐ฌ
๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ‘
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ’
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ“
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ”
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ•
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ–
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ—
๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ”
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ•
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ–
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ—
๐€๐‚๐“ ๐“๐–๐Ž.
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ‘
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ’
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ“
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ”
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ•
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ–
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ—
๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ”
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ•
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ–
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ—
๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘
๐€๐‚๐“ ๐“๐‡๐‘๐„๐„.
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ‘
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ’
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ“
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ”
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ•
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ–
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ—

๐Ÿ๐Ÿ

9.5K 523 1K
Por totheIakes

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓
﹙ 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒘𝒐, 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝒕𝒘𝒐 ﹚
࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Two funerals in a day were a little too much for Rory, despite the fact that she should've been used to it by now. She decides that she's going to show up to Davina's first—it's a quiet affair, done in the Lafayette Cemetery. Cami's funeral was more so a celebration than anything at the blonde's behest; apparently, Cami's wish was an Irish wake.

Rory appears at the gates of Lafayette Cemetery, a bouquet of flowers held between her fingers. She sees Kol standing at the entrance, waiting for her. He's dressed handsomely in a suit, his hands shoved into his pockets. Rory wears a black dress that stops at her midthighs, her hair in a low ponytail. She approaches Kol slowly, slipping a reassuring hand around his forearm.

"Hi," Rory greets quietly. "How are you feeling?"

Kol doesn't respond verbally. Instead, he lowers his head to press a gentle kiss against Rory's cheek. Rory doesn't have the time to compute what the action meant before he leads her towards Davina's tombstone where Marcel, Vincent and Josh are stood.

Each male gives her a smile, an action that Rory returns. She tightens the grip she has on the flower stems; she doesn't realise that her hands are shaking until Kol takes one of them into his own, intertwining their fingers.

"Let us mourn as we cannot move on until we do," Vincent begins. "And through the pain may at times seem like more than we can bear, make no mistake—we will move on. And even now, the words of Ecclesiasticus are ringing in my ears; they're saying vengeance as a lion shall lie in wait for them."

As Josh steps forward to say his eulogy, Rory notices Marcel's lips pressed together. Pain is written all over his face, his hands clasped together so tightly that the veins in his skin strain under pressure. Rory releases Kol from her grip, placing a hand on Marcel's shoulder.

"Marcel," Rory says softly. Marcel turns his head to meet her gaze. "Let's take a walk."

Marcel turns to the rest of the gatherers, hesitant in leaving them, but they don't reply with an argument. Rory places the bouquet of flowers on Davina's tomb, looping an arm around Marcel's to lead him away from where they were stood.

"I'm sorry I couldn't save her," is the first thing that Rory begins with as they walk in solitude. The leaves crunch under the heels on her feet, and when she wobbles on her stilettos, Marcel's hand wraps around her waist to steady her. "She was a young girl, and I wouldn't wish what happened to her on anyone."

"You shouldn't have to be the one apologising," Marcel mutters in response. He doesn't meet her gaze, staring straight ahead. "I know that you did what you could."

"Elijah, he—"

"—You don't have to explain. I know just how difficult it is to save someone you love from the hands of a determined Mikaelson," Marcel interjects with a sigh. Rory nods her head, looking down at the ground. "Words...they aren't good. In a situation like this, it can't be settled with words."

"Hey," Rory stops him in his tracks, placing a hand on both his arms. "Marcel, look at me," she says softly. Marcel hesitantly meets her eyes. "I know what you feel right now, and I know it's difficult holding back from lashing out, but you can't act with anger, okay? It's dangerous, and I don't want anything to happen to you."

"Elijah and Freya killed Davina, Rory. They murdered her without a second thought, and I can't...I can't forgive that,"

"I know you can't, and I'm not asking you to. I'm asking you to think rationally before you dive in headfirst," Rory squeezes his arm softly. "You lost a daughter yesterday, and nothing and no one will be able to replace the void in your heart that you feel. But you can't just charge in, declaring war on the Mikaelsons with guns blazing, okay?"

"What do you suppose I do, then? Talk to them?" Marcel scoffs.

"No, of course not. I don't think you'd want to talk to any of them right now. But I know for sure that letting your emotions drive you in a time like this is dangerous and makes you do bad things," Rory responds.

Marcel purses his lips, shaking his head. "Nah," he ends up saying. "No, I can't stand for this anymore. I refuse."

Marcel pulls away from Rory's grip, stalking off in the opposite direction. Rory wants to call him back, but she knows that words of advice isn't what Marcel needs right now. Rory shakes her head, slipping her hand into her clutch as her phone buzzes. It's a text from Klaus, asking where she was. Deciding not to reply, she locks her phone.

Rory turns around, letting out a soft sound of surprise as she bumps into Kol's chest. She gives him a smile, not knowing when he got there in the first place.

"Hi," she greets. "I didn't know you were here. How long have you been standing there?"

"Long enough to hear you try and give Marcel a rousing speech," Kol responds, hands still tucked into his pockets. "You're off to head to Cami's funeral then?"

"I suppose," Rory sighs as she tucks a hair behind her ear. She starts to walk out of the cemetery, sparing a wave to Josh and Vincent. Kol trails beside her. "Two funerals in one day. I gotta say, I think this is one of my records."

Kol chuckles good-naturedly. "Well, you didn't know us back in the days. There were more funerals in a day than the people we actually knew," Kol replies as they exit the cemetery, walking down the pathway to Bourbon Street. "And because our family was so well regarded, we were forced to attend most. Of course, for appearance purposes."

"Sounds tiring," Rory comments.

"Pretending to be one of the bereaved when you had no idea who it was that you were mourning? Most definitely," Kol says.

Rory pulls out a cigarette from her clutch, placing it between her lips. Kol's eyes zero in on the cancer stick, tugging out between her lips. Rory makes a sound of protest. "Hey—"

"—Bad for your lungs," Kol interjects, tossing it away.

Rory rolls her eyes. "I'm dead,"

"Still bad for your lungs,"

Rory drops her lighter back into her clutch, holding it against her side. She looks up at the sun that glares down on both of them, kicking her feet out. "I honestly don't want to go to this funeral," Rory admits. "I know that it's Cami's, and I'm meant to be there, but...it's just so tiring. I'm tired of mourning. I'm not pretending to be the bereaved, I am the bereaved and it fucking sucks."

"You don't have to go, you know. I'm sure Cami would understand," Kol replies.

"Well, we wouldn't know. Because Cami isn't here," Rory fiddles with the bracelet on her wrist. She stops by an alleyway just outside the town square, resting her back against the cobblestone walls. "I just...I need a second."

Kol gives her a concerned glance, coming to a stop in front of her. "Is everything alright?"

"I should be asking you that. I mean, we just got out of your fucking girlfriend's funeral," Rory rubs a hand against her cheek, shaking her head. "I don't know. I guess I just need to prepare myself. It's different when it's a wake—people celebrate and laugh and it's just...it isn't right. It doesn't feel right. I know Cami wanted it, but I don't think I would like to be there very much."

"So don't go," Kol shrugs. "Just stay here. Let's avoid the Quarter entirely."

"I don't know...it's a funeral, and I shouldn't just skip because I feel—"

"—For goodness sake, Rory, put yourself first sometimes," Kol interjects, rolling his eyes. He crosses his arms over his chest, looking down at her. "Goodness, it's like you and Elena all over again."

Rory lets out a small chuckle as she leans her head against the wall, tilted upwards to meet Kol's gaze. "God, remember when you invited me all the way to Sinema, claiming you wanted to seduce me and ended up insulting me the entire time?"

Kol's lips upturn into a small smirk. "Don't forget the fact that I wanted to kill your brother."

"Oh, I definitely didn't forget that. And you just ended up not trying to seduce me because my loyalty to my sister turned you off?" Rory raised an eyebrow.

"It was not a very good look on you, darling," Kol responds.

Rory snorts. "I swear you came back from France and said all that shit just to antagonise me. You even made Nik jealous, which I'm sure that's what you were going for. So congratulations," Rory pats him on the chest in a congratulatory manner.

Kol's hand wraps around Rory's wrist suddenly, making Rory turn to him in a confused fashion. "I didn't say it just to make Nik jealous," Kol confesses lowly. "And I didn't just come back from France and say everything just to antagonise you."

Rory frowns. "What?"

"I mean I genuinely...had...feelings for you," Kol's words are clumsy, his eyes looking everywhere but Rory's face. "I've thought about you since the day we first met."

"In the bar? I thought...I thought you didn't like me,"

"I didn't care for you. Not much, anyway. But then Rebekah kept telling me you were so different, and I expected her words to be a complete lie—and they weren't," Kol murmurs. "And I was so...interested. And then you went and slept with her, so that threw my plan out the window. And that night when I invited you to the ball...god, while I was dancing with you, I felt like Nik's eyes were burning a hole into my back. And I knew you couldn't stop thinking about him and Caroline, so another one of my chances were out the door."

"Kol..."

"And then I left. Tried to get my mind off you. It worked for a little while...and then I heard that Nik got desiccated by your insufferable group of friends. As soon as you called, I came. And then I saw you..." Kol trails off for a moment. "...And you were in so much pain, and you couldn't feed. And I tried my best to help you the only way I knew how, and it didn't work because the only blood you felt comfortable with drinking was Nik's."

"You told me we weren't even friends in that car ride," Rory responds softly.

"Because we weren't," Kol shrugs. "I didn't know what we were. We were just two individuals with severe impulse control issues."

"You told me you didn't like me like that," Rory argues.

"I couldn't. You were...you and my brother were in love. Are. In love," Kol corrects himself. "And then I left again, because I couldn't watch you die. It turns out that you didn't. I don't know whether I hated that fact, or whether I was relieved that you weren't dead. And then I heard you were coming for the cure, and I just thought..." Kol pauses. "Well, I don't know what I thought. I don't know why after all this time of you never seeing the signs, you'd suddenly realise that I liked you."

"I had no idea, Kol. I really didn't. I thought you were just doing it to antagonise and make fun of me," Rory frowns.

"Well, I wasn't," Kol crosses his arms over his chest. "And then I died. In your arms. I don't know if that's just pure irony, but..." Kol laughs. "And then I was on the Other Side for a while, and I accepted that there was just no future for you and me. And then two years later, I'm alive, and I see you...in New Orleans. Right under my nose."

"When you were Kaleb," Rory says. Kol nods. "You seemed so familiar."

"And then you had a boyfriend. That wasn't Nik. Now that one surprised me," Kol chuckles. "And then I died. Again, in your arms. Irony, ugh. How wonderful."

"Davina told me something the night Nik's sireline was broken," Rory fiddles with the ends of her dress. "She said that you were in love with me. That isn't...that's not true, is it?"

"No, I was never in love with you. But I did have a moment where I thought I wouldn't mind loving you, and being loved in return," Kol cocks his head, giving her a soft smile.

"Why are you telling me this?" Rory asks. "I mean, it seems a little inappropriate given the timing..."

"Yes, I suppose the timing's a little off. Borderline insensitive, really," Kol admits. Rory nods in agreement. "But I don't know if you've noticed, but I have a habit of dying. And I don't want there to be another...another almost. I wanted you to know."

"Thank you," Rory doesn't know what to say, but she knows that she's feeling a hundred emotions all at once. "And...and I'm sorry that I didn't take you seriously."

"To be fair, I didn't really give you room to take my words seriously," Kol offers.

Rory lets a small giggle leave her lips. "True. Between you trying to kill my brother and all,"

"You're everything, Rory Gilbert," Kol says softly. "A soul full of light...a face that could, and has, started world wars," he lifts one of his hands to tuck a piece of hair behind Rory's ear. "Our family is very lucky to have you, despite not deserving you."

Kol leans forward to press a gentle kiss against Rory's forehead. Within seconds, he disappears.

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

Rory decides to skip Cami's wake all together. She decides that she'll leave a couple of flowers at her actual grave. She's emotionally exhausted from the day, and she figures that more pressure on her already fragile mind was not a good choice. Rory walks into the compound just in time for Klaus to brush past her, turning to leave.

"Nik?" Rory calls, causing the hybrid to pause in his tracks.

"Rory," Klaus greets. He steps forward to press a kiss against her lips, brushing a finger under her chin. "I was surprised to see you weren't at Camille's wake."

"Yeah, I went to Davina's funeral and I just decided that I couldn't really handle...all the cheer," Rory lamely says, tossing her arm out in a gesture of explanation. Klaus seems to understand, nodding. Rory then realises that Klaus was about to leave in a hurry. "Where are you going?"

"To have a chat with Marcel. I figure that I owe him one," Klaus responds.

Rory turns to face the compound, finding it empty. Too empty. She misses Kai. She wishes he was here so that she could spend time with him talking her ear off.

"Can I come with you?" Rory sounds a little pathetic, even that she knows herself. Klaus seems surprised, but not against the idea. "I'm sorry, I just...I don't want to stay here all alone. It's...really quiet, and—"

"—You don't have to explain yourself to me, Rory," Klaus interjects. Rory's shoulders slump in relief. "Of course you can come."

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

Klaus and Rory end up meeting Marcel at a bridge just outside New Orleans, overlooking a river. Marcel looks surprised to see the brunette, but he doesn't seem unhappy. His shoulders actually relax at the sight of the doppelganger—she has a way of calming down even the most rowdy Mikaelson; at least with her around, Marcel is confident that the conversation that was coming wouldn't end in bloodshed.

Just because of that, Marcel greets her first. "Hey, Ro,"

"Hi, Marcel," Rory envelopes him into a hug. He's a little surprised by the affectionate embrace, but Klaus simply hides his smile as he looks out into the river. Marcel hugs her back with slight hesitance, finding warmth and comfort in her arms. Rory pulls away, fixing Marcel's collar. "It's cold out tonight, isn't it? Any idea why you boys decided to meet out near a body of water when it's already freezing?"

"Well...two, three bridges ago, Klaus brought me here to scatter my father's ashes. My real father," Marcel responds.

Rory turns to face Klaus, who seems to be perfectly fine in staring out into the darkness. "I see. Symbolism," she says. Marcel simply smirks.

"You were still newly turned, and I feared the brilliant, kind-hearted boy I raised would be lost in a cloud of rage," Klaus speaks directly to Marcel now. "So I brought you here—to the bridge our family crossed when we brought you home. The threshold between your past and your future, long before you realised how much we loved New Orleans. A love that was born alongside our love for you; our family's newest member."

"You can say that as many times as you like. Doesn't make it so," Marcel responds coldly to Klaus' words.

"You may hate me, but your hatred only marks you as my kin. From the moment I met you, I saw myself in you. And when I brought you here to scatters your father's remains, you did something I never could," Klaus turns to face Marcel. "You released your hate to the wind, and it was that day I saw your full potential. And I knew you to be my son."

To both Rory and Klaus' surprise, Marcel's response to the touching words was a laugh.

"Did you remind me of all that, hoping I'd feel I owe you something? Huh? Let me tell you—being a part of your life hasn't exactly been a gift. I mean, take a look at your own damn fiancée. You think I don't know how she got here in the first place?" Marcel raises an eyebrow.

"Marcel," Rory says with a frown.

"Whatever debts I owe, I paid them back a long, long time ago. If one of us is standing in red, I'm going to say it's you," Marcel shrugs off Rory's protest, turning to face the water. "Nice view, pretty sunset—why ruin it with more talk? At this point, it's just noise."

"You are so like me. Stubborn, full of anger," Klaus responds.

"I'm nothing like you,"

"You're wrong. You see, I raised you in my image, and yet, when you thrived, I allowed my worst fears to take root—instead of feeling pride of the man you'd become, I began to feel a sense of unease; of distrust. And I feared you would become my better," Klaus states.

"I never wanted to be better than you. Not until you started trying to hold me down," Marcel retorts.

"I haven't done enough...well enough, when it comes to you. But you and I are bonded by fate, by history, and by blood. And you, Marcel, will always be my family."

A silence envelopes Marcel and Klaus. Marcel's anger seems to rise at Klaus' words instead of quelling, which makes Rory step forward in an attempt to diffuse the tense situation.

"Marcel," Rory begins. She notices the clenched fists at his side, and she places a hand against his arm. "You don't have to listen if you don't want to—" Klaus' head snaps towards his fiancée at her words, but Rory ignores him. "—I understand that you're angry, and you might not want to have this conversation at this moment. Why don't we take a walk and watch the sunset together?"

Marcel's eyes flicker back and forth between Rory and Klaus. Klaus doesn't seem happy with Rory's actions, but he understands it well enough—she's trying to stop something explosive from happening. The wound from Davina's death was still open and fresh.

Marcel's shoulders slump. "Fine," he says quietly.

Rory smiles, wrapping an arm around Marcel's shoulder. She turns to face Klaus, giving him a nod of acknowledgment. Before Marcel and Rory could walk off, Elijah appears in front of them.

"Hello," the older man says. "Am I interrupting something?"

"Elijah," Rory greets, dropping her arm from Marcel's shoulder.

"Step aside, please, Rory," Elijah responds calmly.

"Elijah, we're just leaving. Whatever it is, it can wait," Rory states.

"No, it cannot," Elijah argues.

"Brother," Klaus takes a protective step forward in front of Rory. "It can."

Marcel seems to grow even more agitated at the sight of Elijah, clenching his jaw. "Same Mikaelson drama; one of you is trying to make peace, the other one is eyeing me like I'm a rabid dog. Now you've gone and dragged an innocent girl into this too," Marcel sneers.

"Well then tell me my concerns are unfounded, Marcel," Elijah retorts.

"Elijah, stop," Rory frowns, glaring in his direction.

"Oh, what? I got to prove myself?" Marcel scoffs. "To you? Davina was like a daughter to me, and you condemned her to a fate worse than death. Oh, you know, actually, does your brother know that you wrapped your hand around his fiancée's neck and slammed her against a wall?" Marcel asks. Klaus' lips part in shock at Marcel's words, Rory turning to face him with alarm. "I didn't even need to see it for me to know. The bricks were completely crushed under her weight. So tell me again how it's my job to prove myself to you?"

"Is that true, Elijah?" Klaus inquires. "You put your hands on Rory?"

"You guys, just forget it," Rory protests.

Elijah steps forward angrily. "You tell me where it is," he demands in Marcel's direction.

"What? This?" Marcel suddenly brandishes a vial of Lucien's serum in his hand, making a gasp of surprise leave Rory's lips.

"Marcel," Rory says.

"What the hell is that?" Klaus demands.

"That, my dear brother, is a wicked little gift from our friend Vincent," Elijah responds.

"I guess he figured better me than Aurora. And now that I got it, I can't help but think why not take it? I mean, the loyalty never got me anywhere and the only thing you respond to is a show of force."

"Marcellus, end this foolishness right now," Klaus scolds.

"Or else what? I mean, we're family, right? Why would this little serum change anything, other than the simple fact that I would be your equal," Marcel scoffs as Klaus looks away. "Oh, yeah. I figured you could never live with that."

"You hand it over now and I will forgive this act of defiance as a moment of weakness brought on by your grief," Klaus takes a step forward.

Rory quickly steps between the two men. "Nik, just calm down," Rory says, placing her hands against his chest. "Don't fight, okay? This doesn't have to be an argument. We can talk about this."

"I'm done with talking, Rory!" Marcel shouts from behind her, making Rory flinch. "You know, I thought Klaus came here to ask for my forgiveness...but he likes it better this way. Me, owing him. And all those pretty fairytales about me being part of the family; that only works if he's in control. Klaus Mikaelson, staring down like a benevolent king, showing mercy to all his subjects. But you still have to be the king, don't you? The things about kings, though...eventually, they fall. Even you, Klaus."

Elijah takes a threatening step forward. "Give it to me now. I won't ask you again, Marcellus."

Rory pushes Elijah backwards. "Stop, Elijah, he doesn't need another person attacking him."

"Marcellus is functioning on anger and grief, Rory—"

"—My name is Marcel, and I'm not giving you a damn thing," Marcel hisses.

"I can't allow you the means to destroy my family," Klaus says.

"Your family. Right, thank you," Marcel laughs in a sarcastic manner.

"Marcel, please," Rory says quietly. "Just calm down," Rory wraps a hand around his, turning to face Elijah over her shoulder. "Elijah, shut up."

"Klaus, Marcel will betray us. I saw it with my own eyes," Elijah doesn't listen, pleading in Klaus' direction.

"Stop it, Elijah!" Rory exclaims.

"I will betray you? I asked—begged—for your help and you left Davina to rot. You put down Lucien because he was coming for you, for your family, but the thing is...you made Lucien. You turned him, taught him, and abandoned him. And you blamed Lucien because it's always somebody else's fault. But maybe you were the villains in his story. After all, that is the Mikaelson way, right? Kill, maim, torture, all in the name of family. Always and forever. I used to admire that vow—it gave me the thing that had been beaten out of me; faith in those you love. I was a fool. Always and forever is just an excuse to do whatever the hell you want. Maybe...maybe it's time someone put an end to that."

"You are treading very close to a dangerous decision. I am asking you to choose wisely," Elijah states.

Rory sees the pain in Marcel's eyes like she was staring into a mirror. She knows where his head is at—complete and utter exhaustion. He wants everything to end; the endless cycle of violence and wanting to be loved and having others die at the hands of the ones that keep disappointing you.

Rory wraps her arms around Marcel's neck, tugging him into a hug. Marcel's arms stiffen at the sudden action, but Rory cups the back of his neck to tug him closer.

"You're not alone in this," Rory whispers against his shoulder. "Everything hurts right now, but it will get better. I'm here, Marcel. You can talk to me."

"The only condition is that I have to give up the serum, right?" Marcel's words are muffled against her coat, but she understands him clear enough.

"No," Rory whispers. "No, you don't. But I want you to make that decision when you can think properly. That serum will make you truly and completely immortal, Marcel. Nothing can kill you...and forever is a very, very long time," Rory pulls away from the hug, cupping Marcel's face in her hands. "So let's talk, okay? The sunset is over, but we can still sit down and we can still have this conversation. We don't have to argue anymore."

"I've already made my decision, Rory," Marcel says quietly.

"You have?"

"I have. And I don't want to be the one that's scared anymore," Marcel grips Rory's hands in his. "I don't want to be the one that keeps losing people," Marcel's hand dips into his pocket to pull out the vial once more, fiddling with it in his hand. "After Davina, I don't care how it ends. All I want...is for them to hurt."

"Marcel, I—" Rory's sentence gets cut off as a familiar squelching sound rings through the air. Marcel's body stiffens as blood trails past his lips all of a sudden, Rory's eyes widening in horror as she realises what just happened. "No. No, no, no, no, no—Marcel!"

"NO!" Klaus shouts as Marcel staggers off to the side, his body stumbling off the bridge.

Both Rory and Klaus rush towards the edge, watching as Marcel's body sinks beneath the water. Rory turns to face Elijah, who holds Marcel's heart in his hand. Blood drips past his fingers, falling onto the ground.

"Why did you do that?!" Rory screams in his direction.

"I saw Freya's vision," Elijah responds calmly.

"We could've talked him down. I could've—" Klaus starts speaking.

"You could've what? You could've watched our family's extinction at the hands of Marcel Gerard," Elijah interjects.

"He was one of us!" Klaus roars.

"He despised us. Yes, he was our friend. Yes, he was our family, but the moment Davina Claire was lost, he became our foe. And a formidable one at that—he was the leader of the Strix, entrusted with all our secrets. And then, Klaus, we betrayed him. I had no choice."

Klaus takes a step forward, staring Elijah straight in the eyes. "Do you really believe that?" he asks lowly.

Elijah stays quiet. Without another word, Klaus brushes past his brother to stalk off in silence. Rory is still standing where Marcel once was in front of her, eyes zeroed in on the puddle of blood on the floor.

"Rory, it had to be—"

"—It had to be done," Rory cuts him off. "It had to be done. Is that all you can say? Are those all the excuses you can give?" Rory looks up at him, taking a step forward. "He was hurting, Elijah. He lost a daughter. He lost someone he loves," Rory's fist shoots out to punch against his chest. "He was mourning. Do you have any idea what that feels like?"

"I do know, Rory—"

"—No, you don't. No you don't," Rory punches his chest again. This time, she doesn't stop. She keeps hitting, and hitting, and hitting. "You don't. Because your family is still alive and they will never die and while everyone else is out there fighting for you, you get to take the high horse and ride off into the fucking sunset. I don't even know who you are anymore, Elijah."

"If I hadn't done it, Marcel would've killed us all," Elijah states.

"Fuck. You," Rory hisses. Her arm shoots out to strike Elijah across the face, the Original holding his cheek in surprise. "You didn't have to kill him, Elijah. You did not have to do that to him."

"Rory..." Elijah trails off.

"You're a monster," Rory snarls, stepping away from him. "You have absolutely no regard for whoever that stands in your way. You have violence in your very core. You try and hide it with that piece of shit suit, but I know you. Everyone calls you the noble brother, the nice one, but they'll never know just how fucked up you really are. At least Klaus doesn't try to hide how twisted he is. But you...you're just a liar," Rory glares at him angrily. "You don't have a soul, Elijah."

Rory slams her shoulder against his as she walks away, not sparing him a glance as she leaves him on the bridge.

A/N: yikes. sorry for the lack of klory in this
chapter. i wanted more kolry content bcs i've
been severely deprived and also, i love marcel
and rory as a brotp. they're everything and i
love them.

just as a disclaimer: kol does not have feelings
for rory anymore. he told her how he felt as
something like closure. he is in love with
davina, and kolvina won't divert from the
plot. well, that's how i feel for now anyways.
let's see how i feel later on lol.

ps: elijah's arc really went downhill from 3x20
and so on. i don't know what julie plec was
smoking (meth) but i cant bring myself to like
his character anymore after everything. like,
to!elijah just ruined him for me in general.
sorry to the elijah stans but i do not know this man.

let me know what you guys thought of this chapter!
comment and vote for more. love ya. ♡︎

Seguir leyendo

Tambiรฉn te gustarรกn

408K 8.7K 34
โ๐—ช๐—ฒ ๐—•๐—ฒ๐—น๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ดโž โœง เณƒเผ„ ๐–ถ๐—‚๐—‡๐–พ ๐—Œ๐—๐–บ๐—‚๐—‡๐–พ๐–ฝ ๐—๐–พ๐–พ๐—๐— ๐–บ๐—‡๐–ฝ ๐–ป๐—…๐—ˆ๐—ˆ๐–ฝ๐—Œ๐—๐—ˆ๐— ๐–พ๐—’๐–พ๐—Œ ๐–ณ๐—๐—‚๐—‡๐—„ ๐—๐–พ'๐—‹๐–พ ๐–ป๐—ˆ๐—๐— ๐–ฟ๐—Ž๐–ผ๐—„๐–พ๐–ฝ ๐—Ž๐—‰ ๐–บ๐—‡๐–ฝ...
62.8K 1.9K 11
โ– ๐–œ๐–Ž๐–‘๐–‰๐–Š๐–˜๐–™ ๐–‰๐–—๐–Š๐–†๐–’๐–˜, you're my heaven on earth, darling โช season 3-4 โซ ...
16.7K 428 12
[ ABANDONED ] "Living or dying. Which is better?" [ KOL MIKAELSON X OC ] [ TVD SEASON 3-4 ]
956K 21.9K 36
๐„๐‹๐„๐€๐๐Ž๐‘ ๐…๐Ž๐‘๐๐„๐’, didn't expect that she'd become interested in one of the originals. Not at all, in fact. Being twins with Caroline, she'...