Widow

By Hibba13

Moona wanted to stop him, to ask him not to go, because deep down she was afraid. She was sfraid of loosing h... More

1. AND SO IT BEGINS
2. "HE IS ZAIN, MY FRIEND,"
3. MURDER
4. THE MEMORIAL
5. WE ARE FAMILY
6. ATTACK
7. "IT'S A BABY GIRL!"
8. ANOTHER MURDER
9. "YOU MISS THOSE DAYS?"
10. CRIME PARTNER
11. FIRST DAY AT JOB!
12. CONSIGLIERE
13. "I AM SO SORRY!"
14. "I'LL BE THERE FOR YOU!"
15. 'USMAN'
16. "I KNOW WHO THE KILLER IS!"
17. SHE SAID YES!!
18. ENGAGEMENT
19. ZAIN'S SHOCK
20. "YOU ARE IMPORTANT TO MR. ZAIN"
21. AT UBAID'S HOUSE
22. WATCHING THE EVIDENCE
23. MOONA'S RESCUER
25. "ANYTHING FOR YOU!"
26. "HE IS NOT MY HUSBAND!!"
27. "AND I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU!!"
28. M.
29. "CAN YOU KEEP THIS A SURPRISE?"
30. THE WEDDING!
31. WALIMA
32. THE IDENTITY REVEALED!
33. ATTACK IN THEIR LINES!
34. NEW ENERGY!
35. TAIMOOR'S WORK!!
36. FINDING MOONA!
37. NEEDS
38. BLOOD AND HONOUR
39. MURDER AGAIN!
40. DROP SCENE
41. SMILES
ACKNOWLEDGMENTS.

24. FIRST GIFT FOR THE ENEMY

81 8 0
By Hibba13

Zain was standing on the side of the bridge with his back leaning over the bonnet of his car. A car stopped behind his and Shanzay came out of it. Zain smiled at her as she came over to stand beside him.

"Hey, how are you?" Zain smiled.

"I am not fine, Zain." She sighed, looking at the city beneath the bridge. Zain looked at her. "I met my father today." She said after a pause.

"So what?"

"He is involved in all this. And this is bothering me." Shanzay said.

"He told you?" Zain asked.

"Yes. He gave his men to Ubaid for killing Taimoor. He sent his men for Hashim and his family, I can't even imagine how could he had sent him her head."

"Can you witness this in court?"

"What?" Shanzay asked.

"That he accepted this infront of you?"

"Zain, he is my father, how can I stand against him in court?" Shanzay shook her head.

"Then why did you came to me?" Zain asked.

"I don't know. It just seemed better."

"If you can't stand against him, you have no right to meet us. Not as family, not as a friend. We cannot share our secrets with you." Zain said and turned back.

"Zain, wait." Shanzay said. But he didn't stop. Shanzay just stood there staring at the car which was changing into a spot, gradually. Her eyes were quickly filling with tears.

.

It was raining very hard that night when Hashim got out of his car in front of his house. He looked around and his eyes were stopped at the sight of the open window of his room. He entered his house silently. At the door mat, there was a pair of shoes and his pair of sleepers was missing. He smiled and went to his kitchen. When he opened the fridge, his smiling expression changed.

"Zain!!" He yelled and rushed to his room. He opened the door. The room was very cold due to the cool breeze coming inside from the opened window. Zain was sitting in front of the window with some empty plates in front of him.

"What is this nonsense?" Hashim asked.

"What?" Zain asked.

"Why is my fridge empty?" Hashim crossed his arms on his chest.

"Why did you put those things there? To be eaten? So I ate them. Moreover I was very hungry." Zain shrugged and turned back to face the window.

"You should have left something for me. What should I eat now?" Hashim cried. Zain didn't answer. Hashim stood there for some moments, staring at his back then lied down on his bed.

"My Love is resting in this grave. My Love." Zain started to sing and kept singing until Hashim asked.

"Which witch did you meet on your way here?" He asked angrily.

"Oh I cant tell you my friend." Zain sighed.

"Why not?" Hashim sat up, forgetting the fact that this person was the reason he was hungry at that moment.

"It's Shanzay." Zain told him.

"She is not a witch." Hashim minded. Zain didn't answer. Hashim looked at him in confusion. He does not seem to be alright. He thought.

"Oh Moona! Whenever I close my eyes your horrible face makes me open them again. Please don't make my nights restless." Zain said to himself after some time.

"What did you just say?" Hashim sat up in his place again.

"Nothing." Zain replied.

"You like Moona? Oh God Zain, you are in love. I cannot believe this." Hashim said in disbelief.

"Have you left your brain at work?" Zaijn said, closing the window.

"No, I am right. You just said that." Hashim insisted.

"You are really mad. I am telling you its nothing." Zain said as he came towards the bed and lied down. Hashim looked at him with a mischievous smile on his face. Then he bent towards him and placed a small kiss on his forehead.

"May Allah bless you with all the happiness you want." He said and lied down on his side and closed his eyes.

.

"Usman, get the team ready, we are leaving in fifteen minutes." Zain said, entering the building of their headquarters. Usman was sitting in a corridor, reading newspaper.

"Where to?" He asked.

"Khalid's place, I have got the address and the news that he is there today." Zain smiled.

"But bhai, Warrants?" Usman asked.

"You ask so many questions Usman. Of course I have the warrants." Zain said. Usman nodded and went away. Zain also went to get his weapons ready.

After fifteen minutes, a team consisting of ten armed men was going to Khalid's place. When they reached there, Zain came out of the car and stood silent for a moment.

"What is the plan bhai?" Usman asked.

"Take two men and enter from the backside on my call." Zain said.

"As you say." Usman said and went to his place.

"Khaqan," Zain then turned to the snipper, "Find a good spot. Saim, you stay here. Others will follow me from the front." He said and the team went towards the door. Just as they had opened the door using the weight, firing was started.

"Get covered." Zain yelled. Firing was very severe. Zain looked around but he found no way to enter the house.

"Bhai, Khalid is escaping and I am going inside." Usman said in the wireless.

"Where is he?" Zain asked.

"He is escaping from the back door."

"Just keep an eye on him. I am coming." Zain took a man with him and went to the backdoor. There were trees behind the house so it was very difficult to locate him.

"What do we do now?" Zain asked his companion.

"I can climb a tree. I will tell you after having a view." He said and started climbing. When he had reached the top of the tree, he looked around and came down.

"They are going there." He nodded towards his left and they both followed them.

"How many?" Zain asked.

"Just two."

"Okay now listen, I am going right, you go left. Slightly turning, try to set them in circle.." Zain said.

"As you wish, sir." Zain ran away, after about two minutes he saw a man far away. He was not sure if he was Khalid but he kept running. Suddenly a bullet passed by his side. He quickly got down and turned back firing in the direction from where the bullet had come.

"Sir, you don't have enough bullets." His companion spoke in his ear.

"Oh I do have." Zain smiled and got behind a tree. He looked around and knew immediately where the enemy was. He smiled and started turning in a circle by crawling on the ground. When he had reached at the back of him. He smiled. It was Khalid. Zain started crawling towards him. Suddenly Khalid turned back and fired at Zain. Zain rolled over the ground ducking the bullet easily.

"You think I am not aware of the fact that you are behind me?" Khalid said, aiming at Zain.

"Are you alright sir?" His companion's voice appeared in his ears.

"And you think I am not alert that you will turn." Zain, answered both. Khalid fired at him again. Zain jumped on him causing the pistol to lay on the ground.

"I am here to arrest you for the crimes you have committed against my family." Zain said aiming at Khalid who was laying on the ground.

"Oh, you cannot." Khalid smiled.

"And why is that?" Zain asked, and suddenly realized as cold metal touched the back of his neck.

"Drop the gun." A voice came from behind him.

"I will not. If you'll fire, your boss will be dead." Zain said.

"You'll never get the chance." Khalid smiled.

"Sir, I am here, just hold them for sometime." Zain's companion said in his ear.

"When you'll be thinking of shooting me I will shoot both of you." Zain said. Suddenly Khalid jumped at him to snatch his pistol. Zain turned sideways and the man behind him fired. The bullet hit the tree and Zain hit him in at his ankles. He fell down. He fired again But Zain had fired first. Then Zain turned to Khalid who had picked up his own gun from the ground.

"Game is over." Zain said, aiming at him. Khalid thought for a moment and then started leaning down to put his gun on the ground. Just as he was about to drop the gun, he straightened again. Zain quickly fired. At the same time another bullet hit Khalid's body. Zain turned to see his companion standing by him. He reached Khalid's neck for any signs of life but there were none.

"I am always alert!" He said in his ear and stood up. "Our first gift for the enemy." He smiled at his companion, who just nodded.

.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 53.9K 71
Stood Third place winner in romance category of STARLIGHT AWARDS! Previously known as "Making her mine" "Get ready . You have only 20 mins". He order...
150K 7.4K 46
Guys it's going to be a pure and innocent love story. If anyone is looking for a dark romantic story then it's not for you. But still you are welcome...
53.2K 4.5K 96
"Ok ma'am, maybe you are right. But what do you want from me? Why have you even kidnapped me?" I asked her annoyed while glaring at her. I can't beli...
49K 2K 117
Islamic story. Vote. Zamzam Maleek,a shy,introverted,independent 17 year old girl who has a very loving and wealthy family and has only one dream tha...