descent | 𝐊𝐋𝐀𝐔𝐒 [HIATUS]

由 totheIakes

Whether you come as lover or executioner, I am ready to receive you. © totheiakes The Orig... 更多

𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄.
𝐚𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐬
𝟎𝟎
𝟎𝟏
𝟎𝟐
𝟎𝟑
𝟎𝟒
𝟎𝟓
𝟎𝟔
𝟎𝟕
𝟎𝟖
𝟎𝟗
𝟏𝟎
𝟏𝟏
𝟏𝟐
𝟏𝟑
𝟏𝟒
𝟏𝟓
𝟏𝟔
𝟏𝟕
𝟏𝟖
𝟏𝟗
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎.
𝟎𝟏
𝟎𝟐
𝟎𝟑
𝟎𝟒
𝟎𝟓
𝟎𝟔
𝟎𝟕
𝟎𝟖
𝟎𝟗
𝟏𝟎
𝟏𝟏
𝟏𝟐
𝟏𝟑
𝟏𝟒
𝟏𝟓
𝟏𝟔
𝟏𝟕
𝟏𝟗
𝟐𝟎
𝟐𝟏
𝟐𝟐
𝟐𝟑
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄.
𝟎𝟏
𝟎𝟐
𝟎𝟑
𝟎𝟒
𝟎𝟓
𝟎𝟔
𝟎𝟕
𝟎𝟖
𝟎𝟗

𝟏𝟖

9.3K 506 789
由 totheIakes

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓
﹙ 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒘𝒐, 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏﹚
࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Rory never thought she'd end up fighting with Kai. He's simply one of the people she got along easiest with despite their differing opinions on different things. The point is, she never thought that she'd end up having a disagreement with the heretic, because she and him just clicked. Becoming friends with Kai was as easy as reciting the alphabet.

"Kai," Rory stalks after him as he leaves the room, attempting to clutch on his arm. Kai tugs it out of reach. "Kai. Kai, wait."

"I don't want to hear it, okay, Rory?" Kai mutters in an exasperated manner. "You are so brainwashed by this family that I know you're just going to end up telling me things I already know—"

"—Kai, I'm trying to thank you," Rory interjects. Kai pauses in his tracks, turning to face Rory. His intense gaze softens as his eyes search Rory's face. "I don't...there's not a lot of people that have stood up to Klaus the way you have, especially for me. And I know that it took a lot of guts—"

"—Not really. He kinda lost his intimidation factor when I walked in on you two spooning—"

"—Can you just let me finish?" Rory questions. Kai pauses, crossing his arms over his chest. "Listen, whether you find him intimidating or not...his family has a hold on people. And despite that, you stood up for me. I'm just...I was just shocked. And I would never want to leave you alone to suffer the consequences of that."

"I just don't get it," Kai whispers. "Why do you stay, Rory? There's nothing in it for you. Every day you wake up and you get hurt and you're always on the run from something or someone. Is it really worth it?"

"I love him," is all Rory manages to say.

"See, this is the problem with emotions like love. You risk everything just to feel it, and what does it get you? Hexed. Kidnapped. Nearly murdered. You have lost every single one of your family members because of love. Hell, the man that put your sister in a magical coma is standing right in front of you, Rory!"

"I don't know what you want me to say!"

"I'm trying to make you understand that sometimes love isn't worth it," Kai states. Rory clamps her mouth shut, blinking in shock. "It just isn't. It's not worth the danger that you put yourself in every time you walk around with Klaus' name around your neck."

"Was killing my brother not enough?" Klaus speaks from the end of the hallway. Rory turns around to face her fiancé, seeing anger written all over his face. "Are you attempting to ruin my engagement, Malachai?"

"It's Kai," he states.

"Well, it's not like you've ever gotten my name correctly," Klaus shrugs as he strides forward.

Klaus rushes towards Kai, but Rory predicts his actions. She speeds between both the hybrids, standing between Kai and Klaus. Rory meets Klaus' gaze, glaring angrily.

"Do not," Rory hisses.

"He killed my brother,"

"Lucien killed your brother, and your brother tried to kill me," Rory shoves Klaus away from her, slamming her palms against his chest. "Your brother tried to kill your daughter. Finn killed Kol. Are you seriously trying to put the blame on Kai for not healing him?"

"Finn is family," Klaus argues.

"And you are my fiancé!" Rory shouts. Klaus clenches his jaw, his gaze burning into hers. "Do you honestly think that I would feel bad for Finn? At all? After what he did to me? Nik, you were the one that held me every night when I had nightmares. You had to snap my neck because Finn was infiltrating my mind trying to find Hope. He made me relive my parents' death over and over. I was scared to get in the fucking shower because I was terrified I was drowning again."

"Rory—"

"—He's your family, but he sure as hell isn't mine," Rory snaps. "And it's not Kai's responsibility to heal him just because Finn suddenly wants to protect his siblings instead of murdering them. He was looking for Freya and he was willing to die for her. So let him die."

Klaus is rendered speechless. His mouth opens and shuts, but no words come out. Kai is quiet for the first time, simply standing behind Rory.

"And if you try anything, Klaus," Rory continues. "If you hurt a hair on his head, I swear to god. I will walk out of this house and you will never see me again."

"You can't be serious," Klaus says.

"I am. Just like you're serious about protecting your family, I'm serious about protecting my own. Kai did what he did to protect me."

"I have been trying to protect you all this while—"

"—But when it comes down to it, you will always choose your family over me," Rory interjects. Klaus doesn't argue. He can't, anyway. He's lived a thousand years with his life surrounding that one motto: Always and Forever. "And I understand that. You've been together for an unthinkable amount of time. But I don't deserve to be a victim of that. There are just some things that I can't forgive."

"...Rory," Klaus starts. "We can talk about this alone."

"No. This is about me and Kai. About what he did tonight, which he did in my honour. If I leave him alone, there's no promise that Freya or Elijah won't retaliate." Rory states.

"You think that my siblings would hurt him?" Klaus questions with a frown.

"Klaus, I am not fucking stupid. If they don't hurt Kai, then I'd be surprised," Rory states. "And I refuse to let that happen."

"You told me that you would protect me as long as I protected Rory," Kai says from over Rory's shoulder. Klaus' gaze meets his. "And I told you that I'd always protect her. One of us was lying that day if you let Freya or Elijah touch me."

Klaus' eyes flicker back and forth between the pair standing in front of him. "He can't stay here," Klaus finally breaks the tense silence. Rory opens her mouth to protest, but Klaus talks over her. "Not because I don't want him to, but because my siblings will go after him. And I can only control them so much."

"That's fine," Kai replies. "I was expecting it anyway."

"Kai, no—" Rory protests.

"—It's fine, Rory," Kai reassures her, placing a hand on her shoulder. "I'll be fine. I'm a vampire, remember? I have powers of compulsion; I'll just compel myself the best house in the city."

"If you're leaving, I'm coming with you,"

"Rory," Klaus protests.

"I'm not letting him walk around with a target on his head," Rory barely spares Klaus a glance as she turns Kai around, pushing him towards the staircase that leads down to the courtyard.

"Target? I think you're being a tad bit dramatic," Klaus argues as he follows after her.

"Are you kidding? One word from Elijah and half the vampires in the city would be after him," Rory turns to face Klaus over her shoulder angrily. "And if you think that I'm exaggerating, then you're just being wilfully stupid."

"Rory, wait." Klaus tugs her by the arm towards him.

"Don't make this difficult, Klaus," Rory sighs.

"Are you coming back?" Klaus eyes frantically search her face. Rory frowns at the panic in his gaze. "Are you leaving me?"

"What? No, I just—" Rory cuts herself off to let out a frustrated sigh. "I'm not leaving you, Klaus. I'm just...I'm following Kai to make sure that nothing happens to him. Because Freya is going to be angry and so is Elijah, and I don't want him to stay in a hostile environment. And I don't trust Elijah not to put out a kill order on Kai."

"Will you still..." Klaus trails off. His eyes fall to the pendant around her neck. He lifts his hand, gently tracing his finger over the piece of jewellery. "Will you come back?"

"Eventually," Rory says. "When Kai is comfortable enough to come back. And when everything settles."

Klaus can only watch as Rory turns her back on him, disappearing past the exit with Kai on her trail.

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

"Regretting it yet?" Kai asks for the umpteenth time as Rory flips through the novel in her hand, a cup of coffee resting on the table in front of her. Rory rolls her eyes in response, flipping to another page as he settles into the chair across her. "You know, I'm surprised that you haven't gone crawling back to him."

It's been a few days since Rory and Kai have been residing together in a comfortable little boarding house. They decided that it was best to compel a home that had a human on the lease so no less-than-friendly vampires could show up out of the blue.

"Kai, for the last time, I do not regret it," Rory states. "But if you ask me that question again, I probably will."

"Hey, just being polite. You know women are allowed to change their minds," Kai bats his eyelashes in an innocent manner.

Rory sighs, running a hand through her hair. "Well, you're being annoying."

"Correction: I'm being caring."

"Hm. Doesn't suit you."

"Okay. You look ugly today and your pants don't match your shirt," Kai responds. Rory's jaw drops as she balls a napkin in her hand, tossing it in his direction. Kai easily dodges it. "What? Since you don't want me to be caring, I'm going to be mean."

"You don't have to insult me!"

"That's kind of what comes with being mean, Roro."

Rory rolls her eyes once more, standing up to stride towards her bedroom. She changes out of the pants she had on, slipping on a pair of shorts. She tosses her hair into a low bun, pulling on a sweater. She leaves the room, tugging her book out of Kai's grip.

"I'm going to get some groceries," Rory states. "Want to come with?"

"We're vampires. Do we really need groceries?"

"I want coffee at least," Rory leans against the doorway. "Come on, are you coming or not?"

Kai lets out a groan, slumping in his chair. Rory rolls her eyes at his dramatics, turning to leave by herself, but he stands up and follows after her. Rory closes the door behind them with a satisfied smile, making her way down the stairs with the heretic in tow.

"Bye, Mrs. Robinson," Rory calls towards the receptionist.

"Bye, sweetheart," she responds with a pleasant wave.

"Don't you think that it's really weird she calls you sweetheart?" Kai questions as they step out of the boarding house.

"No. I think it's sweet. Why? Don't you?"

"Well, considering you guys are strangers..."

"Ugh, shut up. She reminds me of my grandma."

"Who I presume is dead?"

"Kai," Rory rolls her eyes, nudging his side. Before the heretic could say more, Rory's phone starts buzzing in her pocket. She pulls the device out, seeing Bonnie's name flash on the screen. "It's Bonnie," Rory mutters. Kai's head turns towards her in a surprised manner. Rory slides to answer the call, pressing the device against her ear. "Bon?"

"Hey, Rory. I'm really sorry to bother you, but I was wondering if you knew anybody by the name of Lucien Castle?" Bonnie inquires from across the line.

Rory's eyes meet Kai's. "Uh, I'm...familiar. Why?"

"Because he came into the Armory yesterday looking for pills that were made with Rayna Cruz's blood," Bonnie states. "And he mentioned paying a visit to a new friend named Kai Parker."

Rory shifts in her tracks, looking around in a worried manner. "And what exactly does those pills of Rayna Cruz's blood do?"

"It's poison. It suppresses all magic, and it's lethal to vampire-witch hybrids," Bonnie explains. "Who the hell has Kai pissed off this time?"

"No one. He hasn't done anything," Rory wraps her hand around Kai's wrist, tugging him towards her. "Thanks for the heads up, Bonnie."

"You're welcome. Be safe, Rory."

"You too," Rory immediately hangs up the call, looking up to meet Kai's gaze. "We have to get the hell out of dodge."

"Right behind you."

Kai and Rory turn on their heels to walk back towards the boarding house, only to be stopped in their tracks by a familiar looking male. Lucien. Rory's hand tightens around Kai's, and when she turns around, she meets the playful gaze of none other than Aurora de Martel.

"Hello, Rory," Aurora greets. "How I've missed you."

Aurora rushes in front of the vampire, placing her hands on either side of Rory's head. With a sharp tug, Rory's neck breaks and she falls to the ground, dead.

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

Rory's eyes peel open slowly, a soft groan leaving her lips. She feels severely weakened, and she realises that she's been bled out, judging by the barely-healing wounds on her sides. She's sitting upwards on a bed, her wrists shackled to the headboard.

"Kai?" Rory attempts to call out, but her throat feels so dry that it comes out as a pathetic croak. "Kai!"

The door to the bedroom swings open, revealing a smiley redheaded woman. Aurora closes the door behind her, stepping into Rory's line of sight. "Good morning. It's good to see that you're up. How are you feeling?"

"Like I just got steamrolled," Rory mumbles through cracked lips. "What did you do to Kai?"

"Oh, not to worry. Nothing's happened to him. Yet, anyway. You see, he has those pesky siphoning powers, so a bite from Lucien wouldn't kill him," Aurora shrugs.

"But those pills..."

"Oh, yes. Those pills are a completely different story," Aurora giggles. "Not to worry; nothing's happened to your precious Malachai. I want to pick up where we left off, Rory. It's been so long since we've last seen each other."

"The last time we saw each other, you were being bricked up behind the wall of the Mikaelson basement,"

"Ah, precisely. But then Lucien rescued me," Aurora places a hand over her heart. "How darling. I was having such a wonderful day, enjoying my new-found freedom...but imagine my surprise when I found out that you and Nik were engaged!" Aurora chuckles. "My, my. I was very surprised. You know, a few centuries ago, I thought I was destined to marry him too."

"Are you still not over this?" Rory gives her an incredulous look. "I don't want to fight for a man's affection, Aurora. And you shouldn't either. We can be better."

"Who said I was fighting for him?" Aurora raises an eyebrow. "You see, since he decided to imprison me, I've finally reached an understanding. I simply do not love Nik anymore. And that's alright," Aurora leans forward, their noses brushing with her close proximity. "But I do want to see him suffer. I want to watch him suffer when I rip your heart out of your chest."

Rory reels her head back, slamming her forehead against Aurora's. The redhead falls off the bed as her nose cracks in half, a shout of surprise leaving her lips. Rory uses all of her strength to tug the shackles from the headboard, so much so that the entire thing just comes off the bedframe. Aurora stands up just as Rory swings the headboard in her direction, slamming it over the side of her face.

A large cut opens on the side of Aurora's cheek, a cackle leaving her lips. "Woo!" she exclaims. "You're a tough one. That actually hurt."

Rory rushes towards her, slamming the redhead against the wall. She wraps her free hand around Aurora's neck. "Where is Kai?" Rory snarls.

"Don't you want to know where your precious Nik is?" Aurora chokes out, a smile on her mouth. "Or do you not care? Jumping between men again? Ah, the Petrova doppelgangers just can't help themselves, can they?"

Rory shoves her free hand through Aurora's chest cavity, wrapping her fist around her heart. "I should've killed you when I had the chance."

"Do it," Aurora hisses. "Kill me. I'll just come back again. Stronger. Like a phoenix from the ashes," Aurora laughs, her head leaning against the wall. "You will never find a way to kill me."

Rory clenches her jaw as she realises that Aurora took the serum, probably given by Lucien himself. With difficulty, Rory pulls her hand out of Aurora's chest, letting the redhead fall to the ground in front of her. Aurora immediately rushes forward, grabbing Rory by the hair. Rory lets out a surprised sound as Aurora tugs her out the door.

A soft gasp leaves Rory's mouth as Aurora forces her onto her knees. Klaus and Kai are both held up by their wrists, shackles dangling from the ceiling. Kai looks a lot worse than Klaus does, his head hanging limply between his shoulders.

"We've played this game before, haven't we?" Aurora hums as she paces back and forth in front of Rory. "Though the last time, I asked you to choose between Camille and Dean. Let's do something different this time."

"Aurora," Klaus speaks from his position. "Let her go. She has nothing to do with this."

"Oh, darling. I know she doesn't," Aurora grabs Rory by the back of the neck, forcing her to meet Klaus' eyes. "But I want you to see what happens when I pluck the wings off her back like a pretty little butterfly."

Aurora's free hand grasps Rory's arm, twisting it in her grip. A scream of pain leaves Rory's lips as the bone snaps in half, tears leaking from her eyes.

Klaus lunges forward, but Aurora is quick to talk him back into submission. "Ah, ah, ah! The more you struggle, the more I ache to kill her," Aurora taunts. "And you don't want to push me, do you?"

"Aurora, please," Rory begs. "Please."

"She even begs prettily, Nik," Aurora comments. "It's no wonder you like her."

"Aurora, enough of this. Is this what you want? You do realise that becoming like Lucien will only add to your already substantial misery. Lucien cannot save you from yourself, and neither will torturing Rory. Nor could Tristan. Nor could I for that matter; you've spent centuries trying to cure your madness, and you're still no closer!" Klaus snarls angrily.

"Talking, talking, talking. All this talking," Aurora slams Rory's head against the floor, her cheek coming in contact with the cold marble. "I think I'm done playing with you for now, Nik. Let's pay attention to dear old Rory."

"You're...hurting me," Rory manages to sputter out.

"Yes, that's the entire point," Aurora states. "So which one, Rory? After I kill myself and rise from the ashes, which one shall I bite first? Your precious fiancé, or your loyal little dog, Malachai?"

"You're not doing this to me. You're not doing this to any of them," Rory chokes out.

Aurora tightens her grip on Rory's hair, yanking her into a kneeling position once more. "You insolent little girl. There is no choice," Aurora grips Rory's face in her hand. "Truthfully, I think only one of these men will get out of this alive by the time I manage to stake myself in the heart. I think the vervain is already halfway through with the witch."

"Aurora—" Klaus starts.

"Hush, Nik," Aurora interjects. "Which one, Rory?"

Rory shakes her head, refusing to answer.

"Which one?" Aurora demands. "Come on, don't fool yourself. You have the love of your life on one end, another one that would do anything for you in another. You're fooling yourself if you haven't made a choice already."

Rory meets Klaus' gaze. The whites of her eyes turn vampire red, veins growing under her skin. Her fangs poke past her lips, and Rory tilts her head downwards, biting through Aurora's hand. Aurora shrieks in surprise, loosening her grip around Rory enough for the brunette to reach backwards and grab the back of Aurora's shirt.

Rory tosses Aurora across the room, spitting the patch of skin out of her mouth. Rory's eyes fall on the steak knife that sits on the kitchen table, rushing towards it. Just as Rory's hand wraps around the handle, Aurora catches her by the wrist.

"Silly girl," Aurora giggles. "You're no match for me. I'm much older than you are."

"Yeah?" Rory inquires. "Well, I'm angrier."

Rory jabs her foot against Aurora's knee, breaking the bone of her leg in half. Aurora screams out in pain, staggering to the floor. Rory stabs the blade of the knife through Aurora's neck, the redhead gagging on her own blood as she grips at the weapon that sticks out of her skin.

Rory's hands fall on either side of Aurora's head, snapping her neck. The action successfully renders the older vampire unconscious, her body sprawled haphazardly over the kitchen floor.

Rory wipes her mouth with the back of her hand, turning to face Klaus and Kai. She rushes towards Kai first, yanking the shackles out of the ceiling. Kai falls into her lap, his head lolling to the side as he lays unconscious.

"Kai?" Rory cups his face in her hands. "Kai, wake up," she pleads. "Kai!"

"He's alright," Klaus says from beside her. Rory lifts her head to meet Klaus' weary eyes. "She pumped him full of vervain. They didn't feed him Rayna's pills. He just needs to feed."

Rory exhales a shaky breath. She stands up, ripping Klaus' shackles out of the ceiling as well. "We need to get her back to the compound. Maybe Freya can make a tonic or something to put Aurora to sleep," Rory mumbles. "That way she won't go around trying to kill herself."

Rory pushes herself into a standing position, but Klaus wraps a hand around her wrist. She turns to look back at him, and without warning, the hybrid takes a step forward and presses his lips against hers. Rory freezes momentarily, not expecting the action whatsoever. After a few moments, she relaxes in his arms, kissing him back softly.

"I was so worried about you," Klaus whispers against her lips. "When she brought you and Kai, I couldn't...I couldn't bear it. Every time I made even a move to escape, Aurora would threaten to rip your heart out. I couldn't risk it."

"Yeah," Rory cups the back of Klaus' neck. "It's okay. I just..." she trails off. "I just need to get Kai some blood so he can heal up, okay?"

Rory pulls away from his grip, crouching to wrap Kai's arm around her shoulders. She pulls the heretic's limp body upwards, wrapping her free arm around his midsection.

"You get Aurora," Rory tilts her head towards the unconscious redhead in the corner.

Klaus does as told, carrying Aurora bridal style. The couple walk out of Lucien's penthouse without another word.

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

"My spell will keep her down long enough to use the serum in her blood to figure out a way to kill both her and Lucien," Freya says as she walks out of the room that Aurora has been placed in. Rory rubs at her wrists, feeling the phantom weight of the shackles still around her.

"Great. I'll get out of your hair for now," Rory says. She gives Klaus' hand a squeeze, the hybrid giving her a small smile as she turns to leave.

"Rory, wait," Freya calls. Rory pauses in her tracks, turning to face the blonde. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have been angry at you. I understand that what Finn had done was...unacceptable. And it can never be undone."

"No, you have every right to feel frustrated. Finn was your brother, after all. But I don't want to come back here if Kai isn't welcome. He was just doing what he did to protect me. And if staying in a boarding house for a few days can ensure that no one hurts him, then I don't care," Rory states. "Lucien is out there with Rayna's blood."

"Then the safest place he'll be is here," Freya responds, surprising Rory. "With us. Rory, you're going to become one of us. And everyone that is your family, is one of ours. And as you well know, we protect our own."

"But he chose not to save Finn," Rory frowns.

"And I can't forgive him for that. But it doesn't mean I will continue to endanger him," Freya sighs. "Bring him back to the compound. I will ensure that Elijah doesn't harm him either. I swear."

A/N: yikes...not to worry y'all, rory and klaus
aren't breaking up or anything, they're just going
through some problems like normal couples do.
besides, y'all can't expect klaus to just be okay
with kai not saving finn right? (even though he
was a complete asshole that kinda deserved
most of what happened to him after he came
back to the originals)...

hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!
comment and vote for more. love ya. ♡︎

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

956K 21.9K 36
𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐁𝐄𝐒, didn't expect that she'd become interested in one of the originals. Not at all, in fact. Being twins with Caroline, she'...
27.8K 962 10
The Vampire Diaries Season Three to TBD Kol mikaelson x OC
8.9K 418 14
𝑺𝑷𝑬𝑳𝑳𝑩𝑶𝑼𝑵𝑫 𝐴𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒'𝑠 𝑛𝑜 𝑤𝑎𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝐼'𝑙𝑙 𝑒𝑛𝑑 𝑢𝑝 𝑏𝑒𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑓𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑠 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘 �...