The Stories of an Immortal

By AimeeRoseC

Random short stories about different adventures in a variety of places, times and situations, from the perspe... More

The Sea Monster
The Baby for Sale
The Victorian Séance
Victoria's Ball
Ella
Katherine Howard
The Bear Cub
My Violin
Snow White
The Boy Who Lived in the Trees
The Ghost
The Lonely Tree
Prey
Armour
Beautiful Humans
The Merix-Fairy
Vow of Protection
Daydreaming
The Light
Lurking
My Lonely Shipwreck
The Impossible Mermaid
Held Captive
My Werewolf Friend
People
Turtles
Flying Free (Story)
Flying Free (Poem)
A Tower
Goodbye
Time
Painting the Flowers
Aged
Scars
Not Human
Flying
My Castle
If I Was a Child
The Door
Darkness
Gone Wrong
A Dark Night
Children
Snow
The Circus
A Murder - Part 1
A Murder - Part 2
Life
Failure
Two of Them
The Education System
Rapunzel and the Window
A Child of Great Evil
A Dark Pit
The End
The Duke of Ferrara
Flora Sandes
Stars of Hope
The Ticking Clock
Love
The Lovers
Anger
Almost Drowning
Crying Wolf
A Day Out
Prison
My City
The Rightful Ruler
The Loss of Everything
Hero or Villain?
Henry Wears What He Wants
The Leaf
The Loveless Hero
A Child's Dream
Perfect
Mondegreen
Colours
The Enchanted Forest

The Lost Tresure

48 2 0
By AimeeRoseC

I was on a beautiful hot island with warm, turquoise water and soft, golden sand. It was pretty isolated so there weren't many people about, just a few locals going about their daily business. I would have loved to just stay and relax, maybe have some delicious seafood, but I was on a mission to find the legendary lost treasure.

Efficiently, I strolled across the island, following an antique map which supposedly would lead me straight to my destination. It wasn't the easiest journey, especially because I was carrying a heavy bag of supplies, but luckily I was used to strenuous jobs.

When I finally reached my end destination according to the map, I looked for the treasure on the surface before giving up and agreeing with my sister that it was probably underground (before I went on this mission she told me "dig down; there's always something underneath you", which is strange advice, but then she's always been a bit weird).

Eventually I found a lovely pewter jewellery box with an intricate blossoming tree design on it which I assumed, quite rightly, contained the treasure. Cautiously I opened it and inside was a collection of stunning gold necklaces, precious jewels and giant coins. However, I also quickly noticed that there was something hidden amongst them and it was squirming rapidly.

Peering closer, I found a scorpion like creature with an exoskeleton like the night sky, but it was writhing and convulsing in anguish and seemed so helpless while in torturous pain. I'm sure if I could have heard it, it would have been screaming in pure agony.

I had to make a choice: let it suffer for possibly days on end until it ultimately died, or end its misery now with a quick, simple gun shot. In the back of my mind I could hear a very old friend declaring how inhumane shooting someone to kill them was, but I shut that out. The only choices I had were bad ones, yet I still had to make one.

Making sure I kept my hand steady, I pulled the trigger. Relieved it was over, I could visibly see the poor creature relax and for the first time in a long time, it could finally rest. I carefully buried it under a palm tree, swiftly gave the treasure to the chief of the island and then left, alone, with only my swirling pools of thoughts for company.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.4K 53 16
A book with many fun short stories about omorashi. Join each character in their adventures of trying not to wet themselves (spoiler alert, at least o...
65.4K 1.4K 53
Death wasn't an unfamiliar concept, but no one knows what awaits them after it, ironically I find found myself in said situation after I fell into th...
65 2 34
This is a collection of short stories centered around soulmates. Each story has its own characters, with their own conflicts, romances, hopes, and dr...
1.5K 65 34
Random short stories. Has depressing and gory themes. Trigger warning. Death a lot of it.