Howling with the Prince (Book...

By atedoreenz

Howling with the Prince, Love Cole is Book 3of The Vampire Waltz Collection The Queen of Roses has returned... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Author's Note
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48

Chapter 4

131 14 1
By atedoreenz

King Charles sat closely by watching over Maria as she slept. He recalled the scenes last night in thought,  Laylana lost control over her own wolf which her vampire side took over to protect her mate. The vampire blood was far more worse than he anticipated. Rose received blood someone who was a noble and mighty.

He heard Maria grumble and moved in her sleep. Which she panicked and stood up in bed,  defensively. Finding out she wasn't suppose to be there in the first place.

She claimed off went she saw it was only Charles,  she survived a dragon. How bad can a werewolf be?  She thought.

She sat at bed,  legs Cross and faced King Charles when he asked her a question.

"Who's the father? " his voice was steep.

"As you expected,  the worse possibility" he looked at her in disbelief,  he knew the Queen smelled like his son that night. He knew they done it but his son didn't had a chance to mark her.

"Are you sure?"

She nodded

"Does he know?" He couldn't believe it. It just couldn't be.

"Who?"

Your husband?

"He does though he gave no harm to the child and welcomed it as his own alongside my second child Lilith." her voice filled with hate.

"I heard what happened,  after the second attack. You went back to him. You should have called me. " he mumbled.

"And bring in war to your kind?  He loathes the thought of Rose's descendants living and breathing as your daughter looks exactly like her and I hate you for looking like him! " angry and mad,  she cried and continued.

"You wouldn't welcomed me.. Even if I was human, I would bring no wealth nor a pack's name. I would give you a weak grandpup. Half werewolves have the tendency to have a hard time control their wolf. I would only be shame... "

"How much do you know about the Moonstone pack? "

"Not much,  just a bit about the curse he gave to your family. He told me so. "

Silence.

"My wife was human... " he spoke breaking the silence.

"I thought she was a werewolf?"

"You skip small facts,  Cole's mother was a daughter of an Alpha but we were only did that as tradition of each Alpha. My mate was human. Laylana's mother she was young,  beautiful and pregnant like you." Then continued.

"Till the child was ripped out from her swollen belly that night... By your husband,  the man that sleeps in your bed is a monster! " he groaned thinking about Damian.

"I know... " she whispered then tears poured down from her face.

"Please kill me. " she held his hand and placed it on her stomach.

"My child will suffer just like Laylana and me. Kill me now and the King of Vampires will perish! " staring at his eyes he saw remorse.

"I-.. I am connected to him,  I am pregnant and helpless,  I can't do that much but kill me now and your family will be free from the curse! " she offered a small smile and her face covered in tears not blood.

"If I kill you now then Calden will have your husband's throne with his wicked witch. It will much worse than dealing with Damian. " he wiped her tears and kissed her temple.

"You would've been a good daughter in law. I know you only have good intentions for my son. Do not worry, I'll keep my promise and Cole wouldn't know a thing." he sighed and stood up from his seat before he went out the door,  he told Maria that her brother in law was waiting in the living room for her to be collected.

When King Charles went out,  Rieka went in and introduced her newborn son to her.

The babe had Rieka's curly dark brown hair and eyes same as Josh. Alongside the lips and nose. He was a charming baby and Rieka let her hold the babe.

When Maria held the child he cried silently and embraced the child. It took a little while before she gave the child back to Rieka. To be honest,  she didn't wanted to give it back almost.

The child reminded her of her biggest failure in life. To be helpless and her son had to suffer because of her.

It was her guilt of that,  driven her to lust for power and love.

Rieka explained to her that Atticus was having a hard time healing and he was bleeding terribly. So she asked her to take her to Atticus. She was expecting Laylana to there now but she wasn't.

"Where's Laylana? " she asked Rieka as the young mother held her child.

"She's still resting but King Charles had her in the quiet room. "

"Quiet room? "

"A cell designated for her,  if ever she'll lose control as I predicted twelve years ago. "

"Ohhh... "

When he saw Atticus,  her heart broke down seeing him so bruised,  wounded and in pain. The sight reminded her of Avery this is why she burned Packs to the ground everytime she went to take life. She didn't want to see suffer so she eradicate it.

She bit her left wrist deeply and let the blood drip and pour to Atticus' lips to drink. When the vampire smelt the blood,  he woke up in shock then suck ferociously at her wrist.

He was so hungry that he grabbed Maria and laid her in bed as he bite her neck. She squirmed a little and tears trickled a little in her eyes. It was painful,  awfully painfully. Her neck felt like breaking and she felt she couldn't breath as he held her down. Rieka panicked and screamed for help but Maria told the staff to stay back and let her fed Atticus.

Laylana can't feed Atticus,  she was in her Quiet room and she was the only one present who can help Atticus. Her blood will help him help it was her power as well to heal.When Atticus had enough he let Maria slipped from his hands and went back to sleep.

Maria was covered by her own blood though it wasn't much of a bother. She fed from Damian last night before leaving secretly. She suck the life out of Basile on the way back,  for she was also weak and hungry.

"My neck hurts so much. " she mumbled.

"Oh my god you're bleeding! "

"I'm fine,  fine, it already stopped bleeding. " though she was wobbling at her stance.

Rieka asked her if she was okay,  the young Queen laughed and told her. It wasn't as bad when she carried Avery. Rieka laughed a little but then asked her if she was really okay.

Maria offered a smile and told her she was really fine and handed Rieka over a vial of blood.

"I believe Laylana hates at the moment,  have her drink this blood. " she spoke silently.

"But King Charles would oppose having Laylana drink blood from the Man who killed his Wife. "

"Ordered not kill. "

"What? "

"I can't stay much longer but it Damian ordered another noble vampire to get the job done. It wasn't him, someone has been leaking information and twisted Damian's words at the court now and they want my head. They found out I'm not a halfbred Laylana that I was turned."

Rieka could only stare at the vial. They were facing someone high and silent. Who knows everyone's weakness,  she could see a vision. A man in a black cloak walking towards her ready to kill her.

Maria felt her froze and her face went all pale.

"Rieka,  rieka,  Rieka!  Are you alright? " Maria panicked.

"Yeah... I'll wait until Atticus wakes up to help me gave Laylana the vial. " giving up a small smile as she saw her faith.

Death.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.7K 2.9K 53
*Book 3 of the Destined Series* Without her sister, her mate, and her friends, Ryleigh has nowhere to turn to but home. Whether she wants to join her...
16.7K 733 53
All his life Cole never knew his father only that he was human, so what happens when he goes to find his father along with his mate Skylar with lots...
370K 10.1K 37
"Suddenly, I found our faces so close together, I could feel his warm breath caressing my face. It smelt slightly of mint, and an undercurrent that w...
11.2K 417 42
!!! THIRD BOOK OF THE CROW & THE CROWN SERIES !!! !!! WATCH OUT FOR SPOILERS !!! • • • • • • • • King Balor's death means the end of the agreement t...