You Can't Change Your Mind

By aperfectdreamer

After Lexi's parents die, she's a loner. Her brother isn't there for her like he should be, she has no friend... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Epilogue

Chapter 3

36.7K 832 270
By aperfectdreamer

Lexi's POV

Sunlight spilled into the room through the window, I slowly opened my eyes to see Chase still sleeping. He looked so at ease and youthful. He shifted in his sleep, and unconsciously pulled me closer. He muttered something, and put his face in my neck. I shuttered in pleasure from his warm breath, putting a crimson blush on my cheeks. I tried to shift away, but his grip was too firm.

It tried to shimmy down out of his hold, that just created an awkward situation. I could feel his "buddy" pressed against me.

"Chase. Chase... Chase, wake up!" I whispered to him. "Come on!"

"Oh, sorry." He slipped his arms from around my waist, I scooted away a little and turned. His face was cherry red. I giggled a little. "What are you laughing at?" He pouted slightly.

"You're cute when you blush." I smiled, blushing myself as I said it.

"We'll it's your fault." He blamed defensively. He tried to stand up, but I grabbed him hand quickly trying to back track. I hadn't meant to offend him.

"Don't go! I'm just joking."

"Under one condition." Oh god what's he gonna say? "Kiss me. Full on, no pecks." I gulped.

"Fine." I pretended to act confident, but I refused to make eye contact. My cheeks flamed, he grabbed my chin and tilted it up, looking me in the eyes.

"You don't have to." He sounded a little hurt. I just closed my eyes and leaned in. Tingles shot through my body, from my toes to my head. It wasn't the same electrifying shocks from when my mate touched me, but it was pleasurable just the same. At first it was just soft. Then Chase flipped us so he was on top of me. He licked my bottom lip, asking for entrance. At first I denied, but then he growled and bit it lightly. I opened up grinning against his lips, and he immediately took dominance. I grabbed his hair, pulling lightly he moaned, and slipped one of his hands under my shirt, just to my stomach. I finally had to pull away breathless. He kissed my neck once before, laying down next to me.

I glanced over at him, to see him looking at me. I blushed scarlet, and looked away. "You're so perfect. I don't understand how he was able to turn you away. How are you not running in his mind?" He paused, as if debating his next words. "I've barley known you two days, and I can't get you out of my mine."

"Whatever." I blushed, yet again.

"Honestly. I love your innocence. You really don't get how beautiful you are, I hate that he broke a part of you, but it only makes me want me to make it all better. I love how my mom loves you, I love your wavy hair. You're perfect to me." I looked away, I could feel my whole body on fire now, from blushing. "No, look at me." He pulled me back to him.

I looked up into his eyes. Just then there was a knock on the door, ruining everything.

"Chase? Sweetie are you in here? Your dad needs you to make runs!" Sally came walking on in. I blushed and tried to pull away from Chase, but he only pulled me closer.

"Aww y'all are so cute!" She gushed, I blushed even harder. "Let me go get my phone, I wanna take a picture." She squealed, I somehow managed to blush even more.

"Mom," Chase groaned at her.

"Sorry, sorry I won't. I just go excited." She sighed, seeming to be disappointed.

"I'll go down in a minute mom." He smiled at his mother. She winked at me, before closing the door.

"Oh Lord!" I groaned, and put my head into Chase's chest. He chuckled at me.

"As much as I would love to stay in bed with you all day, I can't. Duty calls."

  I quickly got dressed into some shorts and a tee-shirt. I pulled my hair back into a ponytail, and brushed my teeth. There was no need for make up today, I was just going to offer to clean the house anyways. I skipped down the stairs, and straight into the kitchen. People were everywhere, chatting, drinking coffee, eating, the little kids were running under foot, and a timer was going off for something. The clock to my right said nine o'clock. These people are early risers! At our pack house, everyone started their day around 11.

"Sally do you need any help?" I came up behind her and rested my hand on her shoulder.

"Can you please get the children out of here for a bit? They're just in the way." She pleaded to me as she attempted to clean around the kids.

"Of course!" I smiled at her, before turning around. "All right! Everyone under the age of 13, I want you out front with tennis shoes on, in let's say 3 minutes!" The kids sprung into action. I watched amused, as they bustled this way, then that.

I turned around only to bump into Sally. She wiped her hands on her apron before grabbing mine, "You make a natural leader, dear." I smiled, then went to grab my shoes.

As I walked out the front door I saw about 30 kids all running a muck. "Everyone come sit down please." I stated, I didn't yell, or command.

Everyone came running over, except one little girl. "Sweetie? Do you wanna play the game with us?" I tried to be nice, squatting down to her height.

"My brother and his friends said I can't." She had tiny tears rolling down her face.

"We'll I think they're being kinda mean, don't you?" She nodded, and her cute red pigtails bounced. "Come on and play." She came running over to me smiling. She bounced up on my lap wiping her tears, and I let her stay there.

"Okay guys! How about we play tag, but with teams?" That all shouted "Yes"s and "Yeah"s. "Okay so I need about 15 kids on each team." They all divided up. It ended up girls against boys. But turns out it wasn't an even thirty, we had one too many players on my team.

"Um does anyone know anyone else that wants to play?" I asked.

They all shook their heads "no". I wasn't sure what I was going to do, when Chase came walking around the side of the house. "I'll play!" He shouted running over to the boys, and high-fiving them. I caught his eye and sent him an appreciative smile, which he returned with a wink.

"Okay, on your mark... Get set... Go!" The goal of the game was to never get tagged by the other team, and to get the flag from their side. Only one person had to get the flag, for the whole team to win.

We ran and ran. After about 15 minutes it was down to 5 girls, and 8 boys. Odds were not in my favor. A little girl tried running to the other side, but was tagged. She pouted and walked to the side. The other girls slowly dwindled off in similar fashion, leaving only me against Chase, and 7 thirteen year olds.

"Might as well give up now!" A thirteen year old yelled, running towards our flag. I tagged him before he was even close. I looked over to see Chase whispering to his team.

"You got it Ms. Lexi!!" My girls cheered.

I took a couple running steps towards the flag, but I was tackled to the ground by none other than Chase. I looked up to see him, grinning like an idiot I'm sure. I laughed at him. He was leaned above me, supported by his forearms, looking me straight in the eyes.

"How about a kiss for the winner?" He asked.

"Not a chance!" I teased, the slide from underneath him. He went running after me. "Get them!" I yelled to the girls. Soon we were all running around chasing after each other. I laughed like I haven't for years. Until a cry rang out to my ears, above all the shouting.

"Ms. Lexi!! Ms. Lexi, please help me! It hurts really bad!" I rushed over to see the same little red haired girl on the ground crying.

"Shhh. It's okay..." I pulled her to my chest. Her knee is skinned, and hands are cut. "Sweetie what happened?" Everyone was gathered around us.

"He pushed me down!" She sobbed into me.

"Who sweetie?" I cooed.

"My brothers friend." I looked up to see a boy, around thirteen standing above us.

"I'm sorry Jim pushed you down sissy." He stood awkwardly.

"Not your fault bubba." I smiled as their cute nicknames.

"You okay now sweetie?" I kissed her forehead. She nodded, and I saw Chase come up and grab her brothers shoulder. He said something in her brothers ear, then they walked off by the woods. I smiled to myself, he would be such a good dad...

Wait why would I think that. I shook my head, then got up and helped the little ginger up. "What's your name?" I asked her.

"Angelina." She smiled a dimpled smile.

"I love that name!" I turned to the group and spoke to them as a whole. "How about we all take a break, and play again, maybe after dinner?" I asked them all. "Yeah"s were thrown around, so I turned and started to walk into the house when an arm slipped around my waist.

I turned to see a boy, that looked to be about 13. "Umm hello?" I chuckled at me.

"It's okay, I know your incredibly attracted to me right now." He winked at me, I merely chuckled.

"Is that so?" I questioned.

"Oh yeah." Just then Chase came up and pulled the boys arm off, wrapping his own around my waist from behind. He rest his head on my shoulder.

"Get your own hot girl!" The boy whined to Chase.

"She is my hot girl." He smiled down at me, a gave his a questioning look, he just chuckled. "But nice try Garret."

"She was attracted to me!" He proclaimed. Now it was my turn to laugh.

"You know it." I pulled out of Chases hold and wrapped Garret into a hug. He squeezed me back, shifting his hand down to my butt. "Not so fast hot shot!" I pulled back, and rested my side against Chase.

Chase gave him a look. And Garret walked away, mumbling I might add.

"He's so cute!" I giggled.

"He's a player that one! I mean, hitting on the Alpha's girl!"

"And who says I'm your girl?" I asked, honestly curious.

"I do. I really like you Lexi, I want you to be all mine." He pecked my cheek and pulled me into his chest. Chase and I had hung out almost everyday for the past week. While I thought he was just trying to be nice and cheer me up, I had also grown quite a soft spot for him. Who would've ever thought an Alpha would like me? Or that's anyone besides my mate would ever want anything to do with me?

"I think I like you too." I looked up, and pulled him into a deep kiss. We were broke apart by a cough. I looked up to see an older version of Chase.

"Hey dad." Chase smiled up. I blushed. This is my first time meeting the official Alpha, and I was caught tongue locking with his son!

"Hello Alpha." I bowed my head slightly.

"Oh none of that!" He waved his hand. "So you must be the famous Lexi, everyone here has been talking about? I'm Dan." He reached out his hand, and I shook it.

"Nice to meet you Dan." I smiled and shook his hand with a firm grip.

"Chase would you go over to the Sorrels house, and help Ms. Daisy with her yard? You could take Lexi." Chase nodded his head and we made our way out to his car.

It was a short drive, maybe about 5 minuets away from the pack house. The Sorrels's home was a beautiful little red bricked house with the cliche white picket fence. She had a garden of flowers along the front of the home, you could tell they were well tended.

"Hello Ms. Daisy! How are you today?" I walked in to see, an elderly lady with white hair, and shining blue eyes.

"Hello dear. I'm very well." She smiled, when I stepped into view. "Oh! And who is this pretty lady you have with you?"

I walked over to her at the kitchen table, she was sipping tea. "Hello, Ms. Daisy. I'm Lexi." I flashed my pearly whites at her.

"Please, just call me Daisy! Oh, sit down, sit down!" I pulled out a chair and thanked her. When Chase went to sit down, "Boy! What are you doing! Go mow the lawn!" She yelled, shooing him away.

"But Daisy-"

"That's Ms. Daisy to you!" I giggled at his dumbstruck face. He turned to me for help, but I just used my hand to shoo him out. He glared as he shut the door behind him.

We sat there as Daisy told stories from her younger years.

"He didn't!" I laughed with Ms. Daisy.

" He did! Left me out there in the rain! By the time I got home, I looked like a drowned rat." Her wrinkled eyes, crinkled together as she smiled and laughed.

The back door pulled open, to reveal a sweaty Chase. "I'm finished Ms. Daisy." He smiled at her.

"Good you can go now. Make sure you bring Lexi every time from now on." She demanded before pulling me into a hug. "Have a great day darling!"

"I've never seem that grumpy old bag so happy!" Chase grumbled when we were on our way back to the pack house.

"Sorry, I guess I'm just lovable!" I teased. He glared.

"You probably need to get signed up for school don't you?" He asked, but them answered his own question. "Yeah, I'll call in tomorrow. I also need to get dad to add you into our pack fully."

"Thank you so much Chase." I smiled at him.

"Anytime, baby doll." He winked, causing me to blush and look away.

I turned up the radio, and lightly sang along. I loved this. Just sitting in the car singing.

"Do you wanna go to the lake?" He asked me as we pulled up to the house.

"Sure!" I smiled.

"Good! I'll invite some of the boys too, Kay?"

"Of course!" I jumped out and ran upstairs. I borrowed a white bikini from a girl my age in the pack, she also lended me light jean shorts and a green tank to cover up. I pulled my hair up into a bun, and put my sunglasses on my head.

I sat in the front seat of Ricky's pickup truck, on the way to the lake. We had to bring two cars with everyone. The cars were jam pack! Luckily I wasn't the only girl, Ricky and a couple other guys brought their mates, or girlfriends.

"Come on jump in with me!" John pleaded. I'm starting to think, he's going to be my best friend. He's just so much fun!

"No way! Maybe I'll get in later, but I hate lakes!"

"But why not?!" He pouted.

" The bottom is all mushy!" I leaned my head back and closed my eyes. I loved the feeling of the sun hitting my bare skin. Then suddenly I was thrown over a shoulder. My eyes sprung open.

"Put me down!!!"

"No can do." John replied laughing.

The cold water hit me like a bullet. He threw me over his shoulder in one fluid motion. I shrieked, as the water floated over my head. I came back up fast, gasping for breath.

"What the hell?" I screamed up at John, who was still dry on the dock.

"What?" He looked at me innocently.

I glared at him, until I felt an arm wrap around me. I turned to see Chase. He leaned down and pecked me, when he tried to pull away I deepened the kiss. Wanting to feel his soft lips on mine. "Ooooooooo"s were called out, and wolf whistles where thrown out.

I pulled back, and blushed. "I loved that." Chase whispered into my neck.

"Me too." I blushed.

"CANNON BALL!" John hollered, before jumping in.

Way to ruin the moment...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4M 87.5K 50
[WARNING:Needs Major Editing & has harsh materials that some readers may find disturbing, so read at your own risk.] [A werewolf story] It all begin...
5.2M 180K 39
Jade Emmerson was born to two wolf parents but has a dormant gene that practically makes her human. When she found out Cameron was her mate she insta...
1M 20.1K 31
"I, Cal River, Alpha of the Climax Night pack reject you, Raven Woods, as my pack's Luna and as my mate." ***** Raven Woods was born a rogue. She wou...
1.5M 56.1K 30
Ashton Black. A 17 year old homophobe who's been waiting for his mate since he was 16. He's soon to be alpha and in a relationship with the most beau...