descent | πŠπ‹π€π”π’ [HIATUS]

Par totheIakes

Whether you come as lover or executioner, I am ready to receive you. Β© totheiakes The Orig... Plus

𝐀𝐂𝐓 πŽππ„.
𝐚𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐑𝐞𝐭𝐒𝐜𝐬
𝟎𝟎
𝟎𝟏
𝟎𝟐
πŸŽπŸ‘
πŸŽπŸ’
πŸŽπŸ“
πŸŽπŸ”
πŸŽπŸ•
πŸŽπŸ–
πŸŽπŸ—
𝟏𝟎
𝟏𝟏
𝟏𝟐
πŸπŸ‘
πŸπŸ’
πŸπŸ“
πŸπŸ”
πŸπŸ•
πŸπŸ–
πŸπŸ—
𝐀𝐂𝐓 π“π–πŽ.
𝟎𝟏
𝟎𝟐
πŸŽπŸ‘
πŸŽπŸ’
πŸŽπŸ“
πŸŽπŸ”
πŸŽπŸ•
πŸŽπŸ–
πŸŽπŸ—
𝟏𝟎
𝟏𝟏
𝟏𝟐
πŸπŸ’
πŸπŸ“
πŸπŸ”
πŸπŸ•
πŸπŸ–
πŸπŸ—
𝟐𝟎
𝟐𝟏
𝟐𝟐
πŸπŸ‘
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄.
𝟎𝟏
𝟎𝟐
πŸŽπŸ‘
πŸŽπŸ’
πŸŽπŸ“
πŸŽπŸ”
πŸŽπŸ•
πŸŽπŸ–
πŸŽπŸ—

πŸπŸ‘

10.8K 561 485
Par totheIakes

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓
﹙ 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒘𝒐, 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏﹚
࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

The fact that Rory Gilbert now currently resides in New Orleans is not news to Stefan Salvatore, and it shouldn't surprise him to see her. And it doesn't, not really. But what does surprise him is to see the brunette dancing on the bar tops of St. James Infirmary, a bottle of whiskey in hand. Music reverberates through the four walls of the bar, a Beyoncé song playing at the highest volume. The patrons are equally as riled up as Rory, shouting and jeering in support as dances and jumps over the tables.

"Rory!" Stefan attempts to call, but the sound is too loud and Rory's too distracted. Her upper half bends backwards as a random woman pours a vodka shot down her throat, holding a lemon slice in her free hand. Rory swallows it with ease, sucking the fruit between her lips. "Rory!"

The second shout did the trick. Rory stumbles over her feet, almost falling over the counter if it wasn't for a nearby patron grabbing her by the side. She giggles, a little tipsy as she turns her head to face Stefan. Rory looks so much like Elena—she is Elena's twin, after all—that Stefan has to do a double take. But he knows it's not Elena, because Elena hasn't been awake to dance on tabletops in a year.

"Stefan!" Rory cheers, throwing her arms around his neck. Stefan's a little surprised; the last time they saw each other, they weren't on the best terms. Rory was still in the process of forgiving him for what he did to her on Wickery Bridge, but Rory seems way too happy for him to break the news. "Oh my god—I can't believe you're here! Hi!"

A stranger wraps a feather boa around Rory's neck, causing her to giggle even louder. She loops her arm through Stefan's, tugging him through the crowds of people. She manages to find an empty seat a few ways away from the crowd, dropping herself into the empty seat across him. She tucks a hair behind her ear, sucking in a breath as she exhales and catches her breath.

"Hi," Rory finally says. Stefan scans her from head to toe. Rory looks the same as the last time he saw her—her hair is wavy, her doe eyes still big and lively. She still has the same carefree smile on her face that members of their friend group adore so much.

Rory Gilbert hasn't changed a bit.

"Hey," Stefan's lips upturn into a small smile. "Hi, Rory."

"What are you doing here?" she asked. Stefan was vaguely aware of the Phoenix mark still marring his skin, the blood almost bleeding through the bandages he wrapped around himself. "Not that I'm not happy to see you, of course. I just...you didn't let us know."

"I was actually hoping to talk to Klaus," Stefan responded truthfully. Rory placed a hand over a chest, a look of mock hurt on her face. "Not that I'm not happy to see you. I'm very happy to see you, and I'm glad that you're having fun...what's the occasion, by the way? Everyone seems to be in a festive mood."

"I'm...kinda, sorta, not really, but really, engaged," Rory told him. Stefan's eyes widened. He had always known Klaus was completely besotted with the Gilbert girl, but marriage is something Stefan hadn't imagined Klaus doing in his lifetime. "I mean, technically, it's not really an engagement. He's...proposing an engagement before the actual engagement, but I figure it's something to celebrate. Also, everyone here just loves to drink, so it's a good excuse to party."

"Wow. I'm really happy for you," Stefan said, and he meant it. Rory, he thinks, struggled the most in Mystic Falls. He hadn't forgotten the mental—and physical—torment he had put her through alongside his brother, and it's nice to see her so happy. He hadn't seen the doppelganger this carefree and hyped before; he only heard tales of Rory's party days back in high school.

"Thanks," Rory smiles happily, her cheeks warming. She's pleased. Stefan had no idea that the mere mention of Klaus Mikaelson could make someone so smiley, but he guessed that he really doesn't know the nature of their relationship. "If you're looking for Klaus, I can give him a call. He left for a bit to take a breather, but he's around here somewhere."

"That'd be great," Stefan responds.

"No need to call," Klaus' voice surprises Stefan due to his sudden close proximity, the hybrid's hand resting over the back of Stefan's chair. Stefan turns around to see the Original standing behind him, an eyebrow quirked in question. "My apologies, I was returning a call from one Kai Parker."

"Kai's here?" Stefan inquires. His resentment towards the heretic had long fizzled out—there was nothing he could do about the spell he put on Elena and Bonnie, but he knew that if Damon were to hear that Stefan came into contact with him and didn't kill him on sight, he'd blow a gasket.

"No, Kai's on vacation. He's in Portugal right now," Rory replied as Klaus sinks into a seat beside her. He rests his arm over the back of Rory's chair casually, cocking his head as he regards Stefan. Rory turns to face Klaus. "What did he say?"

"Nothing. He just ran into Rebekah on the way and wanted to let me know," Klaus shrugs.

"Hey, what do you know? You guys are friends," Rory teased.

"He called me Kieran, so I doubt it."

"He's just doing that to tease," Rory reassured him. She leaned forward, fixing the collar of his shirt. Klaus pulls a feather from Rory's head that landed in her hair from the boa around her neck.

Stefan examines their interaction with each other with interest. He had always thought of Klaus as a looming figure—dark and shadowy—in his life. He'd only seen Rory with Klaus a couple of times, and even then, it seemed that Rory had a small candle over Klaus. He listened to her. He still does. If Rory hadn't told Stefan she was just engaged (kinda, sorta, not really, but really) then he would've assumed they were married a long time ago.

"Well, let's address the elephant in the room, shall we?" Klaus breaks the silence, pulling Stefan out of his reverie. "Stefan Salvatore in the Crescent City. This ought to be very good, or entertainingly bad."

"I'm just in town for a little R&R. Hate to disappoint," Stefan shrugs. "Besides, I got a sneak peek of the party life here. It's not half bad," he raises his glass in Rory's direction, the brunette giggling in response. "So, how's Elijah, and, uh, whoever you've brought back from the dead?"

"Oh, you know the Mikaelsons. Never a dull moment. So, out of all the gin joints, you pick ours...the four walls invulnerable to the magic of those pesky locator spells. Bit of a coincidence, isn't it?" Klaus inquires, raising an eyebrow.

"Damon's looking for me, and I don't want to be found. I figure you, out of all people, can relate to family drama," Stefan replies.

Rory turns to face her phone that's been kept on silent the entire time. Missed calls: Damon (12).

"Is there a reason that you're avoiding the hell out of your brother?" Rory asks with a frown on her face. She lifts the phone up to Stefan's eyes. "You're lucky that you came just as I was checking my phone for the first time today."

Stefan's eyes flicker between Rory and Klaus' expectant gazes. He suddenly feels like a child, being reprimanded by his parents. He swallows the lump in his throat as Rory raises her eyebrows, urging for him to go on. In the end, he sighs.

"I think we need another round."

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

"Siphon babies and more of Kai's heretics," Rory says as she sips on her water. Stefan's on his third glass of bourbon, steadily nursing the alcohol to cure the headache that forms between his temples. "Sounds like more fun than I realised. I gotta say, I'm glad as hell I'm not in your shoes right now."

"Well, to be clear—Caroline practically died in childbirth. And she's not actually their mother. It just sort of...happened," Stefan winces, shrugging.

"You mean Kai just sort of happened," Rory retorts. Stefan nods in response. Rory sighs. "So, you're telling me that Caroline carried two babies in her stomach, gave birth to them, and now she's going to hand over those babies over to Alaric without a single fighting word?" Rory asks. Stefan slowly nods. "You're such a dumbass, Stefan."

"I..." Stefan trails off, feeling petulant.

"And if you say you care about her so much, why aren't you with her?" Rory interjects with a scowl.

Stefan grows nervous, his head immediately turning towards the Phoenix mark on his chest. "Like I said—family drama. Speaking of, umm...Damon's found himself in a bit of a werewolf predicament. I know I said he was a pain in the ass, but is there any chance your fiancé would be willing to spare some blood? Just in case things go south?"

"Yeah, I don't think he'd mind," Rory turns to face Klaus. "You can give him some blood, right babe?"

Klaus doesn't respond. His eyes zero in on Stefan's chest, his gaze narrowed. Rory follows his line of sight, and Stefan looks down to see the X bleeding through his bandages and shirt. Klaus' face suddenly grows enraged at the sight, a scowl forming on his lips.

"Babe?" Rory asks with a concerned frown.

"That is the mark of the Phoenix Sword," Klaus accuses.

"You've seen this before?" Stefan quickly asks.

"Tell me you haven't been careless enough to make an enemy of Rayna Cruz!"

"Why do you think I'm here, Klaus?"

"So, you came here to hide—to seek refuge in my town, to ensure the perks of my hospitality in the city where my family sleeps, and all the while you lure in a vicious hound with your scent?!" Klaus' voice rises the more he speaks, his words venomous and angry.

"Nik—" Rory interjects as Klaus stands up in fury. "—Nik, what the hell is going on?"

"She can't find me in this bar—" Stefan quickly argues.

"—Well maybe not under this roof, but you are aware she was born in New Orleans? Terrorised the Quarter for years, thrust her blade through the heart of some of my best men on the steps of St. Anne's Church. She will pursue you until your paranoia and despair far outweigh your desire to live. Here, or in hell, she will find you," Klaus hisses.

"If you know how to outrun her, tell me what to do, Klaus!" Stefan pleads.

"I'll tell you what you don't do—you do not draw a huntress to a town full of vampires. You do not drink my bourbon whilst lying to my face, you do not draw harm to my fiancée and my daughter, and you do not dare ask me favours ever again. Is that clear, old friend?" Klaus growls.

"Klaus, calm down," Rory says quietly.

"No," Klaus answers Rory furiously. He turns to face Stefan once more. "Get out."

"If I leave, she'll kill me," Stefan responds, panicked.

"And if you stay, I will. Get. Out," Klaus hisses through gritted teeth. Stefan gulps nervously, his hands clenching over the edge of the table. "GET OUT!" Klaus roars.

Stefan quickly gathers his things at the male's raised voice, clearly understanding that he means business. Rory's lips part in shock—she had never seen Klaus so panicked before. Klaus relaxes once Stefan leaves his line of sight, Rory's hand curling around his forearm to tug him downward into the seat beside her.

"Nik," Rory says quietly. "Calm down and talk to me."

"I can't believe he would do such a thing," Klaus shakes his head, muttering to himself. "If Rayna Cruz finds you—if she finds Hope—"

"Who is Rayna Cruz?"

"It doesn't matter."

"Yes, it does, because you sent Stefan out of here like a bat out of hell. I've never seen you this panicked before. What the hell is going on?" Rory snaps. "And if you don't tell me, I'm going out and finding Stefan myself—"

"—Don't," Klaus quickly grabs her arm before she can move a muscle. "Do not," he repeats. He sighs, slumping in his chair. "Rayna Cruz is an immortal vampire huntress. She marks her victims with her Phoenix sword, and with that mark, she will be able to find you anywhere. She's unkillable—every time she dies, she rises again, stronger than before. There is no way to stop her."

Rory gasps softly. "And you sent Stefan out there? With her hunting him?"

"If I didn't, she'd be hunting you."

"Klaus—" Rory starts in a frustrated tone, but pauses when her phone vibrates in her hand. She looks down to see Damon's name flashed on her screen again. She gives Klaus one more look, answering the call. "Damon?" she inquires.

"Hey, Rory," Damon's voice is a little breathy, as if he's struggling with something on the other line. "So, I don't know if you heard, but Stefan's missing. I was wondering if you've seen him at all? Or his hair? Or anything that remotely resembles my little bro."

"I have, actually," Rory responds. Klaus pinches the bridge of his nose. "He's in New Orleans. With me. And I was just told that he's been marked by Rayna's sword, which means that she's after him. And that you have a werewolf situation."

"Well, the werewolf situation is just an "in case" thing, you know? If everything goes well," Damon laughs nervously. "But, uh...if you could maybe help my brother not get killed, that would be great. Because Stefan's martyr complex is at an all-time high—"

"I got it, Damon," Rory interjects. "You'll have your brother and Klaus' blood. Don't worry."

"Thanks, princess. You're the best!" Damon cheers, before ending the call.

Rory places the phone in her pocket, turning to face Klaus. "Nope," the hybrid says.

"Nik."

"No."

"Nik."

"Absolutely not."

"Nik."

"What part of he's going to get us all into trouble don't you understand?"

"None of it. I understand every single word of that sentence, but in case you didn't realise, all of us are in constant danger anyway," Rory crossed her arms over her chest. "Come on. Stefan has been your BFF since the 1920's."

"Friendship means nothing to me."

"You're such a liar."

"I am not going to help him lead Rayna Cruz into the city!" Klaus exclaims.

"It's been hours since he's been here. Don't you think that's a little redundant?" Rory rolls her eyes, standing up from her seat. "Listen, friendship means nothing to you, but it does to me. And Stefan may not be my friend, technically, but he's Elena's first love or whatever. Twin solidarity. If you don't help him, I will."

Rory turns to leave, but Klaus catches her wrist. Rory faces him, raising an eyebrow. Klaus sighs in defeat. "Fine," he says. "But you will go back to the compound in case Rayna is here. She may be able to rise from the ashes, but you won't."

Rory smiled in response, leaning forward to kiss him. "Good boy," she comments, playfully tapping on the tip of his nose.

Klaus doesn't even give her a response, downing the rest of his alcohol as she leaves St. James Infirmary.

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

Rory reclines in the loveseat as Freya and Elijah chat across her. She has a warm cup of tea in hand, going through Kai's texts in another. He sends her a multitude of photos of him enjoying himself on holiday, which makes Rory smile. At least one of them is happy and at peace, and she's glad it's Kai. Footsteps patter against the compound floors, and Rory lifts her head to see Klaus entering the courtyard with Stefan in tow.

"Freya, this is Stefan Salvatore, an old friend," Klaus gestures to Stefan. Elijah rolls his eyes at the sight of the younger vampire, making Rory snicker. "One of my trickle-down sirelings. Long story. Stefan, this is Freya, my brand-new older sister. Also a long story," Klaus gestures to Rory. "And, you know Rory. My brand-new fiancée. Not really a long story, you were there for the whole thing."

"You're annoying," Rory chimes as Klaus approaches her, giving her a soft kiss in greeting.

"You forced me to bring him here. I think I have every right to be irritating," Klaus responds before he turns to Freya. "Stefan needs a favour."

Freya gives Stefan a suspicious look. "You're an old friend, are you?"

Stefan shifts a little nervously. "Well...that kinda depends on your definition."

"I'll give you my definition," Rory places her head against her knuckles, a smile on her lips. "Stefan and Klaus went on a killing spree with Rebekah in the 1920's. Stefan tried to kill Klaus in the present times after Klaus sacrificed my sister. Stefan and Klaus are more frenemies than friends."

Freya's lips parted as she glances between both Stefan and Rory. "...So it's safe to assume you two know each other as well." Freya says in a matter-of-fact fashion.

Rory smirks. "Stefan's a doppelganger, just like me. We know each other more than well."

Rory's phone chimes with an incoming FaceTime call from none other than Kai Parker himself. Without a second thought, Rory answers. Kai's blurry face pops up on screen, a wide smile on his face.

"Roro! I heard Steven is there!" Kai cheers. "Turn me around, turn me around! I want to say hi!" he exclaims. Rory does as she's told, facing the front camera in Stefan's direction. "Hi, Steven! Remember me? I put the sleeping beauty spell on your ex-girlfriend."

Stefan withholds a sigh as Rory and Klaus watch his reaction in amusement. New Orleans was going to be more tiring than he thought.

A/N: yay!! stefan is in town. i'm actually pretty
happy with this chapter, ngl. rory being a party
animal for her sorta, kinda, not really engagement,
kai enjoying himself on vacation, more klory banter.

i was going to put both the episodes into this
one chapter but it was way too much and i was losing
my attention in updating, so... lol.

i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!
can i maybe have 90 comments for the next update?
🥺🤲🏼

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

177K 4.8K 46
"ᴬᡗ ᡗʰᡉ α΅‰βΏα΅ˆ α΅’αΆ  ᡗʰᡉ Λ’α΅—α΅’Κ³ΚΈ ᡗʰᡉ ᡇᡒᡗʰ α΅’αΆ  ᡘ˒ ʷᡉʳᡉ ˒ᡗⁱˑˑ αΆœα΅˜Κ³Λ’α΅‰α΅ˆ" Oc x Elijah Mikaelson
45.5K 1.4K 44
The Vampire Diaries Season One to Season Four The Originals Season One to TBD Kol Mikaelson x OC
528K 13.8K 38
eventually, everything connects. klaus mikaelson x fem!oc the originals, season one-two 2018 | Β© heavcnlyrising
27.9K 962 10
The Vampire Diaries Season Three to TBD Kol mikaelson x OC