What Falls Never Fades

By Soapyflowers123

Lucas is a young Roman soldier who thought he'd remain unnoticed. Everything changes when he's made an office... More

Character Info.
I
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
II
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII

XIII

26 1 0
By Soapyflowers123

I gasped as I woke up, looking around me terrified as I couldn't see through the darkness.

"Shh, it's okay" a voice said from beside me as they squeezed my hand.

"W-Where am I" I asked, looking around frantically.

"You're back in Alesia" they replied.

"Who are you" I asked, closing my eyes again as I tried to relax.

"It's me, Remus" he said gently as he brushed my hair out of my eyes.

"W-What happened" I asked as I tried to roll over to face him but gasped as pain spiked through my body.

"Shh, it's okay, baby. You need to rest otherwise you'll hurt yourself" he sighed, squeezing my hand as he helped me back onto my back.

"I should be fine by now. What's wrong with me" I asked as I turned my head to look at him.

"Osanna thinks that you may have been injured when we landed or that it could be from coming back from the dead" he replied.

I just nodded and sighed before asking, "Did I receive anything from the Romans?"

"Yes you did. It was another letter from Caesar. We've both been declared infamia and he will make you his personal slave if he ever catches you" he sighed.

"I'm not surprised. I just have to try not to get caught then" I sighed as he opened the window.

"I was visited by my father after you passed out last night" he said quietly.

"What did he say" I asked worriedly.

"That he was proud of me for finally doing what I wanted. Lucas, all of my life I have done my best to play the part of a good Roman male. To look for a wife I didn't want, to be a good soldier, to do what I'm told, to bring my family honor after my mother brought shame upon it by having Brennos. He understands that I haven't ever faltered until I met you. Lucas, you bring me a happiness that I didn't know before. You showed me that sometimes your superiors don't have your best interest at heart and that sometimes, to really find yourself, you have to break the rules" he said quietly.

I gasped as I forced myself to a sitting position, trying to ignore the pain that coursed throughout my body. "Sometimes, breaking the rules is the best part," I said, smiling weakly.

"Lucas, you shouldn't push yourself too much, you could injure yourself further" he replied worriedly.

"Some things are worth the pain" I whispered as I leaned over and cupped his face in my hand.

"Baby, I'm serious. You could really injure yourself" he said but didn't pull away from my touch.

"I'm used to pain, Remus, I can deal with it" I sighed, staring at his eyes.

"You don't have to be anymore" he replied, kissing me gently as he moved to sit beside me on the bed.

I smiled against his lips as my fingers wound their way into his hair. One of his hands slid down so that it was resting beside me while the other gripped my waist. I gasped slightly as he bit my bottom lip, giving him easy access to explore my mouth.

"What the hell are you two doing in here" a woman's voice asked from the doorway.

I squeaked, turning bright red as Remus pulled away from me.

"Making out with my boyfriend, is there a problem, Osanna" Remus asked as he looked over at her.

"Yes actually, he's injured and on bed rest" Osanna sighed exasperated as I turned redder.

"He said he was fine" Remus replied, not having let go of me.

"I wouldn't say he's fine. He's as red as an apple" she pointed out, laughing slightly.

"He wasn't before you walked in" he replied.

"No I suppose he wasn't but he needs to rest. Do I need to kick you out" she asked, giving him a stern look.

"I want him to stay" I squeaked out.

"Then perhaps you two shouldn't get physical" she replied.

"I feel fine. I think I'm healed" I said, turning red again.

"Then try to stand, unaided" she sighed.

I nodded as Remus stood up, watching me carefully in case he had to catch me. I squeaked quietly as I slid my legs off the bed slowly before standing up, shaking slightly as I placed my hand on the wall.

"Do you feel any pain anywhere" she asked.

"No just tiredness" I sighed as Remus wrapped his arms around me gently, helping to hold me up.

"Fine then you're free to go" she sighed before walking back out of the room.

"We have an apartment near Brennos'. He'll still be teaching you Gaulish and I'll be learning from Osanna" he said softly as he turned me around.

I nodded, tired as I leaned into him slightly, squeaking as he lifted me before walking out of the room.

"How long was I out for" I asked as I looked up at him.

"Probably a day or so" he replied, heading down the stairs and out into the street, towards our apartment.

"What made you change your mind" I asked.

"I decided that being with you was more important than what the others wanted" he smiled, unlocking the door as he walked inside.

"You can put me down you know" I smiled up at him.

"I could but I don't particularly want to. It's not like you weigh that much" he laughed as he laid me on the bed before going to make us both dinner.

"Hey! Are you calling me small" I squeaked as I sat up.

"Baby, I love you but you're like half a foot shorter than me and barely weigh 120 lbs. if that" he laughed.

"So? I'm still strong" I squeaked as I stood up and nearly fell over as a sudden wave of exhaustion rolled over me.

"Shit, don't fall" he said, concerned as he caught me, helping me to steady myself.

"It's got to be from almost fading. That's the only logical explanation" I sighed, leaning against him.

"Baby, you were dead for a solid thirty seconds. Like your heart wasn't beating at all. I thought you were gone" he sighed, cupping my face in his hands.

"I'm alive, Remus. I promise. You pulled me back to the world of the living and I have to be honest, living is a lot more painful than it was to fade" I replied.

"I can only imagine" he said softly as he kissed my nose before asking, "Are you steady enough to stand on your own?"

"I think so" I squeaked as he let go of me.

He nodded before going back and throwing the rest of the salad together and handed me a bowl and some wine.

"Thanks" I squeaked, taking a few tentative steps towards the table before sitting down across from him.

"Brennos mentioned something about training so that you would become stronger" he asked, watching me instead of eating.

"Yeah, he doesn't want me to get killed in battle" I sighed

"Neither do I and more importantly, I don't want you to get captured. We both know what it would mean if you were" he sighed as he reached out and took hold of my hand.

I just nodded as I ate slowly, feeling some fear at that thought.

"I will do my best to protect you though" he said gently.

"Thank you, I appreciate it" I smiled.

"What Osanna said has some merit. You were badly injured last night and I presume it was from when we hit the ground. The reason you're still not in bed is because I healed you" he explained.

"You can heal people" I asked, surprised.

"My father did give me some useful gifts" he smiled at me as he finished his salad.

"I suppose he did" I smiled as I stood up, taking our empty bowls and cleaning them quickly.

"How are you feeling, and be honest" he asked as he sat on the bed.

"I feel okay just tired" I replied as I walked over and laid down beside him.

"I'm hoping that will pass but we need you at your best" he smiled, laying down as his arms wrapped their way around my waist, pulling me against him.

"Get some sleep, baby" he said gently.

"You too" I squeaked, pulling the blanket around us tighter as I fell asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 338 18
Logan feels left out and useless, then everything changes when one deceitful half-snake comes to give advice. All characters belong to Tomas Sanders...
8.3K 994 55
This tells the story of how Roman, the know lover of all, went from popular, to hated, to loved once again, all in the years of high school. This boo...
557K 30.7K 106
[Completed] Virgil texts a number thinking it's his friend Logan, but it turns out that he accidentally texted the wrong number. Oh well, happens all...
73.6K 3.5K 33
Virgil's whole family believes that the LGBTQ+ community is a sin. Virgil didn't know why. He just went along with everything his family did and say...