Blueberry Pie // James Potter

By QueenieLale

Some people found comfort in sitting next to a fireplace or having someone hold onto them and whisper sweet n... More

extended summary + cast
part one
mixtape #1
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty four
chapter twenty five
chapter twenty six
chapter twenty seven
chapter twenty eight
chapter twenty nine
part two
extended summary + cast
mixtape #2
chapter thirty
chapter thirty one
chapter thirty two
chapter thirty three
chapter thirty four
chapter thirty five
chapter thirty six
chapter thirty seven
chapter thirty eight
chapter thirty nine
chapter forty
chapter forty one
chapter forty two
chapter forty three
chapter forty four
chapter forty five

chapter seven

19.7K 618 150
By QueenieLale

chapter seven: food is the quickest way to a man's heart

The next couple of days went by slowly with Matilda being bored out of her mind as assignments hit her in full swing, the girl being stressed about the classes she was taking as the workload piled up. She had only chatted with James in her potions class where Matilda tried to focus on the work but found herself slipping behind the group. Matilda put her head in her hands before grabbing the letter that her grandmother had sent her, deciding that she had been studying hard enough and she deserved a break to just open and read it.

Dear Tilly,

I'm glad that you're practicing your baking as long as you're not falling behind in your studies, remember that your magical studies are much more important when you're at Hogwarts instead of my plain old granny things. Sounds like my old baking tricks are working, remember my dear, the quickest way to a man's heart is through his stomach.

Mr. Stewart is still trying to flirt with me and my gosh, that man is as much charming as he is annoying. I know you're stressed, my love, but just take a deep breath. You don't have to decide what you want to do with your life right now. Your father took years to decide what he wanted to do. Just have fun, my love. I miss you. So does Ozmo.
Lots of love,
Granny

Matilda smiled, holding back the tears that welled up in her eyes before taking her grandmothers' advice and she took a deep breath. She closed her eyes and focused on her breathing, unaware that James Potter was walking toward her, a slight look of concern on his face.

"Hey, are you alright?" The two hadn't really spoken since the Hufflepuff versus Gryffindor match. Matilda opened her eyes and looked up at him with a stressed smile, running a hand through her hair and puffing out her cheeks.

"Yeah, yeah, just studying for potions."James smiled and pulled up a chair, settling down beside her as she looked intently at her book, trying to figure out the measurements.

"Lucky for you, I am absolutely brilliant at Potions. I can help you." Matilda was absolutely not the kind of person that was too proud to pass up on help so she moved her work next to James who began to explain how she would go about answering each question.

"You'd be a good teacher, James." The Gryffindor boy blushed before leaning up and puffing out his chest dramatically.

"I would, wouldn't I? I'm just too good." Matilda rolled her eyes and shoved James slightly as they continued to study, the boy laughing loudly causing other students to glare at him. He shoved his glasses further up his nose as he stared at her focused on writing down all the information that she needed. He admired the way she swiped her tongue across her bottom lip whilst concentrating, her brows knitting together.

"Really, thank you for all your help." James snapped out of his daze and met her eyes once again that shined underneath the library lights just above them.

"If you ever need help again, just let me know. Any class. I may not be good at it but I'll try." Matilda placed her hand over her mouth to muffle the giggle that escaped her lips.

"Thank you, I will keep that in mind." A comfortable silence settled over the two as they looked at each other before a loud throat clearing was heard.

"Sorry, did I interrupt?"

Matilda looked up at the smirking Louisa who looked James Potter up and down before nodding her head in appreciation.

"James was just helping me do my potions homework." Louisa nodded at her best friend before putting her hand out to James.

"Louisa Franklin." James shook her hand before pointing at her with the other one.

"Yeah, you're the American. Didn't you and Sirius mess about?" Louisa blushed slightly as they both retracted their hands. He really did not have a filter.

"Yes, a very brief fling. It seems to be all Sirius is capable of." James chuckled and nodded, looking back at Matilda who smiled awkwardly.

"Well, I'll leave you two alone," James said, standing up before looking back down at Matilda.

"I'll see you in the kitchens hopefully." He winked before turning to Louisa who had to refrain from shoving her best friend instantly.

"Oh and Louisa, I'll tell Sirius you said hi." He grinned like a cheeky bastard and left the two girls. Louisa waited only for a moment before grabbing a book and hitting Matilda in the arm causing her to whisper shout.

"What was that for?" She rubbed her arm as Louisa put down the book before turning her wide eyes to the girl.

"Who would've thought that my best friend, the quietest girl in Hogwarts would have James Potter goddamn whipped. He's also a cheeky bugger, what's that all about?" Matilda rolled her eyes, still rubbing her arm.

"We're just friends, Lou." It was now Louisa's turn to roll her eyes as she sat down next to her best friend, leaning closer to her for dramatic effect.

"Whatever you say." Just as Louisa was rolling her eyes yet again, James Potter was exiting the library with a wider than life smile on his face. He had a hop in his step as he rounded a corner only to bump into the last person he would think to see in Hogwarts.

Lily Evans crouched on the floor, picking up the books that she had dropped causing James to fall to his knees and quickly help her.

"Lily, I'm so sorry. I should've been looking out in front of me." Lily just laughed slightly as he handed the books to her, both of them standing up.

"You were too busy grinning up at the ceiling, I suppose." She teased before an uncomfortable silence settled between the two. They hadn't really talked since the train ride and that had been weeks ago. James sighed and licked his lips as he shoved his hands into his pockets.

"Can we be friends, Lily?" Lily looked taken aback by his soft words, sounding broken as he pushed up his glasses, ignoring the smudges on them that always seemed to be there.

"I want us to be friends like we were before all this when we would just go down to Hogsmeade and have a chat over some butterbeer with my friends and yours." Lily smiled widely and threw her arms around James, startling the boy who quickly wrapped his arms around her.

"Of course, James. I would love that."

It would take a long time for James' heart to completely heal but he knew that with time and maybe some more pie, it would eventually. He was a hopeless romantic after all. The two separated and James said goodbye to the girl, excited for his new but also old friendship with Lily Evans. James continued his stroll back to the common room, a wide smile on his face as he told the fat lady the password. He walked into the Gryffindor common room, jumping onto the couch and letting out a content sigh.

"Looks like Prongs has had a good wank." James glared at Sirius who sat with Remus, a wicked smile on his face.

"Very good, Padfoot but unfortunately not." James teased, sitting up straight on the couch causing Sirius to come and sit next to him whilst Remus continued to lounge in front of the fireplace. He was looking at a scrape on his hand, one of the many negatives of his furry problem as they liked to call it.

"How's your hand?" James asked, concern in his eyes as he saw his friend looking at the wound.

"Healing up now, nothing serious enough to bother Madam Pomfrey with it." James nodded before turning back to Sirius who picked at the dirt underneath his nails.

"Matilda and Louisa Franklin say hi," James told the two, Sirius perking up at Louisa's name.

"Ah Louisa, my old American flame. How's she looking?" James rolled his eyes at his friend, slapping him over the back of the head causing Sirius to groan slightly.

"Fuck alright." James laughed at his friend as he laid back more, putting his arm on the back of the couch.

"I also ran into Lily." Sirius stopped his dramatic groaning and looked at Remus with knitted eyebrows as he matched his confusion.

"How did that go?" Remus asked, even though he knew that it clearly went well considering the huge smile on his face when he walked in.

"Went well. We're gonna be friends." Remus nodded whereas Sirius let out a breath with a chuckle.

"Thank Merlin, she's a good laugh when you two are boring." James shook his head at his friend as Remus chuckled slightly, agreeing with his friends' point. But now all James could think about was what Matilda would be baking next.

I just keep changing the face claims oml. I just had a very intense debate with my friend because she took the Pottermore quiz, thinking for her whole life that she was a Ravenclaw and she got Hufflepuff. She was vv upset by it.

Thanks, Queenie.
(UNEDITED)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.1K 373 52
Avery Dessen didn't like a lot of things. Mostly she didn't like the Marauders, History of Magic, and her grandmother, Millicent Bagnold. About to s...
3.6K 94 30
"The only way people see me Black, is what they are supposed to see," Hallie muttered, tears prickling at the corners of her eyes. "It's hardly a com...
728K 22.1K 50
πš‚πš˜ πš–πšžπšŒπš‘ πšπš˜πš› πšœπšžπš–πš–πšŽπš› πš•πš˜πšŸπšŽ πšŠπš—πš πšœπšŠπš’πš’πš—πš "𝚞𝚜" 'π™²πšŠπšžπšœπšŽ 𝚒𝚘𝚞 πš πšŽπš›πšŽπš—'𝚝 πš–πš’πš—πšŽ 𝚝𝚘 πš•πš˜πšœπšŽ qο½₯:*:ο½₯οΎŸβ˜…,qο½₯:*:ο½₯οΎŸβ˜†γ€€γ€€ qο½₯:...
59.6K 1.8K 16
────────────────── .Λšα΅Žβ”Š π—Œπ—π—‹π–Ίπ—‡π—€π–Ύπ—‹π—Œ ⋆.ೃ࿔:ο½₯❝ π‘ π‘‘π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘›π‘”π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘  π‘‘π‘œ π‘“π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘’π‘›π‘‘π‘ , π‘“π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘’π‘›π‘‘π‘  π‘–π‘›π‘‘π‘œ π‘™π‘œπ‘£π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘ , π‘‘β„Žπ‘’π‘› π‘ π‘‘π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘›π‘”...