Why not ?

By CissyItsMe

Why not ? Two simple words that got out of Cora McKall's mouth and caused a dramatic change in her life. T... More

Why Not ?
•Chapter 1
•Chapter 2
•Chapter 3
•Chapter 4
•Chapter 5
•Chapter 6
•Chapter 7
•Chapter 8
•Chapter 9
•Chapter 10
•Chapter 11
•Chapter 12
•Chapter 13
•Chapter 15
•Chapter 16
•Chapter 17
•Chapter 18
•Chapter 19
•Chapter 20
•Chapter 21
•Chapter 22
•Chapter 23
•Chapter 24
•Chapter 25
•Chapter 26
•Chapter 27
•Chapter 28
•Chapter 29
•Chapter 30
•Chapter 31 #Part.1
•Chapter 31 #Part.2
•Chapter 31 #Part.3
•Chapter 32
•Chapter 33
•Chapter 34
•Chapter 35
•Chapter 36 #Part.1
•Chapter 36 #Part.2
•Chapter 36 #Part.3
•Chapter 37
•Chapter 38
•Chapter 39
•Chapter 40
•Chapter 41 #Part.1
•Chapter 41 #Part.2
•Chapter 42
•Chapter 43
•Chapter 44
•Chapter 45
•Chapter 46
•Chapter 47
•Chapter 48
•Chapter 49
•Chapter 50
•Chapter 51
•Chapter 52
•Chapter 53
•Chapter 54
•Chapter 55
•Chapter 56 #Part.1
•Chapter 56 #Part.2
•Chapter 57
•Chapter 58
•Chapter 59
•Epilogue
•A/N

•Chapter 14

14.8K 556 190
By CissyItsMe

≈Miami, FL...

{ Three Days Later | (11 p.m ) }

"So, how was it with the little monsters ? " Terry asked Kalvin as he sat next to him on the bench to take a little break. Today, the team were working out in their private fitness room. They started at 10:30 and were about to stay until 12:30. The coach wanted them to be in good shape and healthy for the Playoffs that were coming in a couple of months. 

Kalvin drank his water before to speak, "Actually...they're not little monsters. I think...you know their dad is not in their life, so I think it was hard for them to see a man coming into their lives all of sudden. They immediately saw me as the enemy, because I was a stranger, but by spending some time with them I learned that they're nice." He answered wiping his face with a little towel. 

Terry nodded his head, "Yes, I know what you mean. Having been myself a kid without father, I know what it feels like. You have trust issues when it comes to men. You're used to just being with your mother, like me I was raised by women all my life, so when my step dad came in the addition, I wasn't having it. You remember when you helped me to make his existence a living hell ? " He chuckled, "And you were mad because they gave your car away. You're such a hypocrite ! " 

Terry hadn't an easy childhood. His mother was single and hadn't enough money to raise him, so he had to live with his grandmother until his mother got her finances in track. He was five years old when he moved and two years later, his grandmother died. She was in the wrong place, at the wrong time and got shot. His mother took him back with her, but her situation was still a bit rough. Fortunately, Kalvin's family proposed their help.

Kalvin was devastated when his new best friend Terry told him that he had to move away, so he begged his parents to help Terry and his mother and seeing the sadness on their son's face, they agreed. So when Terry's mother has to work, Terry was spending most of his time at the Ryans' house.

When he was eleven years old, his mother introduced her boyfriend to him and he instantly didn't like him. He didn't want another man in his mother's life. Not only he was a momma's boy, but he knew all the pain his father put her through and he didn't want her to live this again. Plus, he was perfectly fine without a father figure in his life.

Soon, Terry assigned himself a mission. He wanted to make that man go away. He wanted that stranger to leave his mother alone. Of course, he couldn't accomplish his mission without the incredible help of his best friend. Kalvin and him had crazy imagination and used it to torture the man during one entire month, until he decided to give up and leave. Terry was proud of himself first, but seeing how his lovely mother was desperate without the man she fell in love with, he did his possible to bring her man back. He and Kalvin searched during two weeks before to find him. They apologized and the man accepted it. Three years later, Viktor Michaels was marrying Mrs. Terra Daniels and adopted Terry also.

Terry definitely knew how the twins were feeling.   

Kalvin narrowed his eyes at him, "Shut up ! You would've reacted exactly like me." He said defending himself. Everybody was laughing at him and judging him like it wasn't a big deal, but some would've reacted the same or even worse. 

"True." They chuckled, "No, but more seriously, don't give up. They will test you to see and make sure you're a good man and not here to hurt them and their mother. I just hope they won't do one of the cruel jokes we did to Vik to you." Terry said joining his hands together, "Let's pray, brother." 

Kalvin shook his head playfully, but joined Terry in his prayer.

-

-

-

Cora took a deep breath and looked at every face before her. It was the day. It was the day she decided to tell her friends and employees about her pregnancy. They were all sitting around a large table at IHop. They had just finished eating breakfast and some were ready to leave, but Cora wanted them all to know before to leave. 

She cleared her throat getting everybody attention, "So...Uh...I asked you to come here today and eat all together because I have something to tell you. Don't worry, it's good news. Uh...I'm pregnant." She finally announced.

There was a dead silence and nobody was moving, but it only lasted one minute before they all started clapping their hands and came towards her to congratulate. Soon, they were all leaving and it was only Cora and her two childhood best friends, Latoya and Halley.

Cora and Latoya Jones were friends since they were seven years old. They hadn't everything in common, but they got along really quickly. They knew each other like the back of both of their hands and were considering themselves as sisters from different mothers.

Latoya was an energetic woman with a personality of her own. She was a loud mouth and wasn't afraid to speak out her mind. She was a proud Trinidadian with long black hair, brown eyes, humor and a cute body as she had always said. She's the type of friends with whom you are never bored.

Halley Bryans was all the contrary. She was more calm and mature. Her parents were both therapists, what makes her the best to evaluate your situation to finally give good advice. She was a very beautiful woman, but after a hard breakup, she claimed that she was never going to fall in love ever again. She got used to reject all the men who tried to seduce her. Her, Latoya and Cora had known each other since they were ten years old.

"Who is the father ? " Latoya asked curiously.

Cora sighed realizing she had never told them about Kalvin yet. She took a sip of her orange juice and then explained everything since the night at the club, when she met him. Once she was done, Latoya screamed being extra -as usual, "Damn ! Just one night and you're pregnant now. That Kalvin guy is a king ! " She stated causing Cora and Halley to shoot her stale glare. She calmed down and sat back correctly on her chair. 

"Why are you always feeling like being so..." Halley began to ask trailing off, searching for the good words to use. 

"What ? So me ? I'm special, am not ? " 

Cora chuckled, "Anyways. Do I have your support through this or is it too much ? " 

They smiled each one showing her a thumbs up, "For once, it's someone else than miss Latoya over there." Halley commented, then sipped her drink. 

"Do we have a problem Kermit. Stop behaving like a weak ass ugly frog and be honest, bitch ! Throw that tea in my face, I'm not scared. What that meant exactly ? " It was nothing new. These two were always arguing. They were like cats and dogs, but they could kill for each other also. They just had that hate/love relationship.

"Well, I was referring to this time you didn't know who was your baby daddy between four guys and then actually it was just you being a kid and wanting to play with people life for your own fun. Like who does that ? Telling four guys you might be pregnant with their child, but in fact you're not even pregnant and you just wanted your ex-boyfriend to be jealous. I'm sure you could do another thing for him to be jealous ! You are a real mess ! " 

Latoya folded her arms, "You're just mad because you didn't get dicked down since two centuries ! "

Halley gasped, "At least I'm not a whore ! "

"You'll end your life alone ! Nobody wanted you ! "

"Okay, girls ! It's enough ! You two stopped ! I swear you're worse than Acacia and Almar."

Halley rolled her eyes, "Yeah, anyways. So, nothing is going on between that Kalvin guy and you ? "

Cora shook her head, "No. We're having a baby together, that's all."

Her two best friends shared a look with their eyebrow raised, then looked at her, "Hmm..." They hummed in unison not saying anything else.

-

-

-

(2:24 p.m)

"You sister told me that she met her."

Kalvin sighed tired of his mother's drama. She called him one hour ago to meet up at D€nis€'s, so they could talk. He wasn't too sure about this, but he wanted to give it a try again. Now, he was regretting to have even came.

He rolled his eyes, "Yeah and they got along immediately."

She snorted, "Your sister had always been so naive."

"At least wait until I come to talk about me." Kalia said coming to their table. Kalvin didn't know she was coming too. Then Kaldrick arrived also.

Actually, their mother had organized a family reunion. But only her knew that, "You must have forgotten who I am to talk to me this way, daughter." 

Kalvin motioned for the waitress to come to their table and ordered a glass of whisky. The waitress asked the others members of the family if they wanted something and they all shook their heads. Two minutes later, Kalvin had his alcohol. He didn't waste his time and drink everything like it was a shot. He needed that whisky in his system at that exact moment. 

"Damn, lil bro. Calm down." Kaldrick commented looking at his brother. 

"I will calm down when you'll do the same. Listen, I'm tired of that bulls-"

"Kal, language ! " His mother warned with a severe look.

"Can we be the happy family we used to be again, please ? We don't need to argue all the time. Mom, I'm about to have a baby, whether you like it or not. The baby is gonna be your grand-child by the way. This child is our family. So please, for its sake, can we all get along ? And for Mikayla's sake also. None of these kids need to grew up in that mess you're creating for no reason." He said hoping she was really going to stop with her bullshit.

Mrs.Ryans sighed, "You can't force me to like that Cora. And Amy neither. I don't even know why you didn't take her to court for what she did to you." 

Now it was Kaldrick's turn to sigh, "Mama, she had her reasons. We talked and...man, stay out of my business ! " 

She looked at him like he had lost his mind, "Excuse you ! You're my child. Your business is my business ! " She snapped pointing her finger accusingly at him.

"And that's where you're wrong ! We're grown now. You can't have the same control on us as before. We're not kids anymore. Accept it ! " Kalia said trying to put some sense into their mother's head.

But Donya Ryans was a stubborn woman, "Okay, I'm done with every one of you. Bye ! " And with that said, she left like the drama Queen she was. 

Kalia kissed her teeth, "Such a drama queen. Don't worry guys, we'll be okay without her. Excuse me, but I have important things to do. See ya ! " And then she left too.

"Did you notice it ? " Kalvin asked his big brother.

"What ? "

"Since Kalia turned fourteen...It's like...she had that kind of hate towards mum. Sometimes she looked at her like she wanted to stab her." Their family was not perfect of course, but some little details had always seemed so strange. Well, Kalvin had noticed them, but it seemed like he was the only one.

Kaldrick shrugged, "I guess it's a daughter/mother thing. They are a lot alike, so they can't always get along." 

Kalvin shook his head, "No, it's something else. But...maybe, it's just me." 

.

.

.

{ Two Days Later | (8 p.m) }

"Thank again for...all of this. It's really beautiful here." Cora said shyly as her and Kalvin had just settled at a table in S@m's restaurant. The déco was modern with a dominance of the golden colour. It looked very fancy, but less than D€nis€'s

"No problem. I thought it would be nice for us to have a free drama night to relax and discuss peacefully. We hadn't had time to have a conversation just between us, since the doctor appointment."

Cora nodded her head, "Yes, true. So, how have you been ? " She asked smiling. Her smile was radiant and genuine, Kalvin still couldn't believe how beautiful she was. He had never seen a woman with Cora's amazing beauty before. 

He smiled back, "Uh...I'm trying to survive. And what about you ? "

She chuckled, "Same here. I guess, you still have little problems with your mother, huh ? "

He shook his head sighing, "I don't know what it's going on with her. Maybe she really lost her mind and should see a doctor."

Cora laughed, "No, I don't think so. Well, I hope. Give her some time and hopefully she will finally accept the situation and stop the unnecessary drama. I would like her to be in the baby's life. After all, she's going to be its grandma."

"Yup ! I wish she was as supportive as your mum."

"Oh ! Don't get it twist. It was a real mess between her and I during the first months of my first pregnancy. But fortunately, we made up and that whole experience got us closer. I'm sure it'll be the same with your mother."

Her words were reassuring him a bit, but he preferred not to believe in this illusion at 100 percent, "Yeah, hope makes us live. Anyways, how are the twins ? "

Cora was appreciating the fact that he cared about her children, "They're fine. They're excited for Halloween. By the way, what are you doing for this day ? "

"Well, I had never really celebrated Halloween in my life. Plus, my birthday is right after, like the next day, so I'm more busy with my party."

"Oh ! A party, huh ? "

He chuckled, "Not that type of party, more like a family thing. We're doing a BBQ at my aunt May's with everybody. Do you want to come ? You can bring the twins, your mum and sister too." He proposed nicely.

Cora beamed, "Oh really ?! " He nodded his head, "Cool, thank you. Aw, now I have to buy you a gift and I don't have a lot of time since it's in four days."

He shook his head, "No. You're already blessing me with a wonderful gift, pretty. Don't worry about this." He said as his eyes traveled from her face to her stomach. She didn't look like a pregnant woman yet though.

She blushed, "You know my name is Cora." She joked trying to hide her cheeks with her hair. 

Kalvin chuckled, "You're really cute when you're blushing. Do you know that ? "

She giggled, "Stop ! " She got the hair out of her face and looked at him smirking, "Are you flirting with me, Mr.Ryans ? " She asked with a seductive tone of voice.

He raised his eyebrow and pulled his face closer to hers making eye contact, "Maybe, Mrs.Mckall. But you can't blame me though." He answered with his sexy baritone voice. 

"You know...since you're inviting me and my crew to your party, why you and your crew don't come to the Halloween party my friend Halley organized ? I promise it's going to be fun."

"That's how you flirt ? " He asked frowning a little, then laughed.

Cora joined him in his laughter, "Oh c'mon now, it wasn't that serious. So ? You're coming ? Oh, it's a family thing also."

He nodded his head, "Okay. And please, never say again 'me and my crew' or 'you and your crew'. Matter fact, we don't need to hear you say the word 'crew' anymore. It sounds so weird coming from your mouth, pretty." He said and they laughed more.

 -

-

-

Meanwhile, Cora's mysterious stalker was observing them as his blood was boiling up inside him. He didn't like what he was seeing. He hated the fact that another man was making her happy. Once she was smiling like that just for him.

"Time for me to come back. I missed you Cora."

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Feel free to comment and/or to vote =)

•A/N: Hmm...a new character is about to walk thru. Who is it ? I don't know about y'all, but I looove Mrs.Ryans ! What do you think about Kalvin and Cora ? Are they just having a baby together or...?

Dedication goes to pmmarie93 ! Thanks so much for supporting me ! And you know I love reading your comments. They're always making me laugh. Thanks again muahh 💋❤

Thanks for reading guys !

And sorry for the mistakes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 76 23
I wish to be a butterfly. Free to do whatever I want. To fly where I wish. But I can't. I can't do this because of something that happened about thre...
243K 12K 44
Not everyone is born strong, Some are soft like the cotton candy clouds, like the first rays before dawn. Some are unaware of the dark thoughts and...
46.2K 1.4K 26
❝ I am your queen and you are my king. This marriage is our kingdom and I will not allow another take my crown. Do you understand me, dear husband?❞ ...
1.6M 24.4K 76
Love. As 'beautiful' as love can be it hurts and bleeds. If you're unlucky you may even love the very person you know you can't have. The best friend...