The 70th Hunger Games- Fliss'...

By emi_l_i

They have been doing the games differently these past few years. They have been basing the arenas of each dis... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35

23

13 0 0
By emi_l_i

Although I try not to my mind flits to Ash. I wonder how he's been getting on. He's still alive but that's all I know. What I wouldn't give for a conversation with him. Well alongside a hug and maybe... No. I can't. I shake Fawn awake unable to stay awake torturing myself any longer.

I sleep through to the morning, which is a first in the arena. I must have been in here... well a week I think. Maybe even longer. Time has a different meaning here. I feel better rested than I have in days. We finish off the oysters for breakfast.

"We'll do some fishing today." I say.

"We can just watch." Kendith says. I laugh sarcastically.

"You're very much going to help." Lazy. I see something flash across his eyes. Annoyance. I laugh again. He clearly had an easier life before I turned up.

"How much did you actually eat before I arrived?" I asked

"Not much." Fawn says.

"But I can't swim." Kendith says.

"I'll teach you." His face lights up. Although he didn't like the idea of work the idea of swimming appeals to him. I guess its fun. The bandage should hold and I don't think it will be that much of a strain on his leg.

"If you can't swim how you did get all the way out here?" I ask suddenly curious.

"The orange parts help us to float. We drifted on some currents and we kicked our legs. I think we propelled ourselves. I don't think we're that far from the cornucopia." Fawn says.

I go over it in my head. I swam far away from the cornucopia but I could have easily swam back towards it in the storm. I walk over to Fawn and rip out the orange strips before she can flinch. I then do the same to Kendith who watched in a state of shock.

"What was that for?" He shouted.

"If you want to learn you're learning properly." I then push him backwards with some force. He topples through the grass and falls into the water with a splash. I quickly follow and I jumped in next to him.

He splutters to the surface. "Kick your legs in a circular motion." He goes under but then comes back. I assume he is doing it as he now keeps his head above the water. I show him the basic front crawl stroke and get him to practice going back and forth. To begin with he keeps his head above water but after a while he gains the confidence to put his head under. He's a natural. If he was born in a different district, hell he could have even taken on Finnick.

Fawn still hasn't touched the water but sits on the side smiling. I go and join her. "Why aren't you getting in?"

"You were helping Kendith. It was quite funny." She gave a small smile.

"Well I can help you now." She gives a small shake of her head.

"I'm ok."

"It could save your life, you know." She looks away. "If you don't come voluntary I will have to force you. You swam this far, I can help you make it even further." She stands up and jumps in the water. I smile.

By the end of the day both of my allies can swim. They are not the best by a long way but I'm sure this will give them a chance at survival. I managed to do some fishing whilst teaching them and now we gorge ourselves. I smile to myself. Today it hasn't felt like I'm in the arena. It's been fun. I sigh. It's got to end somewhere right? I hold onto my happiness.

When I wake up for my watch I can sense somethings wrong. Call it instinct. I slowly stand up and walk over to the long grasses and pear through. Nothing. As I turn to go away I see something out of the corner of my eye.

I gasp. It's a boat. And there's only one group of people who I know that owns a boat. The careers.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.7K 653 17
"Once a upon a time there was a girl met the President. She didn't realize at first who he was but as soon as she realized who he was, she bowed. To...
25.7K 317 17
HER WORDS WERE AS SWEET AS CANDY if candy was laced with poison [Catching fire] [Finnick Odair x oc] started: 29.3.20 fini...
106K 2.7K 56
Waverley was a normal girl from District 4, she lived a normal life with her family and friends, spending equal amounts of time in the water than she...
221K 6.9K 36
{completed - UNDER EXTREME EDITING} FEATURED ON THE OFFICIAL @Fanfic HUNGER GAMES READING LIST. ❝Attachment always results in pain❞ Harper Anselin is...