descent | πŠπ‹π€π”π’ [HIATUS]

By totheIakes

Whether you come as lover or executioner, I am ready to receive you. Β© totheiakes The Orig... More

𝐀𝐂𝐓 πŽππ„.
𝐚𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐑𝐞𝐭𝐒𝐜𝐬
𝟎𝟎
𝟎𝟏
𝟎𝟐
πŸŽπŸ‘
πŸŽπŸ’
πŸŽπŸ“
πŸŽπŸ”
πŸŽπŸ•
πŸŽπŸ–
πŸŽπŸ—
𝟏𝟎
𝟏𝟏
𝟏𝟐
πŸπŸ‘
πŸπŸ’
πŸπŸ“
πŸπŸ”
πŸπŸ•
πŸπŸ–
πŸπŸ—
𝐀𝐂𝐓 π“π–πŽ.
𝟎𝟏
𝟎𝟐
πŸŽπŸ‘
πŸŽπŸ’
πŸŽπŸ“
πŸŽπŸ•
πŸŽπŸ–
πŸŽπŸ—
𝟏𝟎
𝟏𝟏
𝟏𝟐
πŸπŸ‘
πŸπŸ’
πŸπŸ“
πŸπŸ”
πŸπŸ•
πŸπŸ–
πŸπŸ—
𝟐𝟎
𝟐𝟏
𝟐𝟐
πŸπŸ‘
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄.
𝟎𝟏
𝟎𝟐
πŸŽπŸ‘
πŸŽπŸ’
πŸŽπŸ“
πŸŽπŸ”
πŸŽπŸ•
πŸŽπŸ–
πŸŽπŸ—

πŸŽπŸ”

12.6K 620 1.1K
By totheIakes

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓
﹙ 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒘𝒐, 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒊𝒙 ﹚
࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

It's a funny thing, love. Falling in love could simultaneously be one of the worst and best things to ever happen in life. One moment, you could be completely and utterly consumed by it—you can't imagine your life without the person you're in love with; you want to be with them forever. You want to make them happy. But then there's another side of love; a fine line that's drawn between love and another emotion on the opposite spectrum.

Resentment. Hate. There are plenty of people in the world that can no longer differentiate between the two emotions. Those are usually the types that have long crossed the line and aren't aware of it.

Aurora de Martel thinks that she's in love with Klaus Mikaelson, and she thinks that Klaus Mikaelson loves her back. What she doesn't know is that she doesn't love him; it's quite the opposite. Because when you love someone, you'd do whatever it takes to ensure their happiness, even at the cost of your own. Aurora wants Klaus to suffer the way she did by his hands, and though it's realistically deserved, Rory Gilbert is just another pawn in the game of ex-lovers.

Truthfully, procuring Rory Gilbert wasn't supposed to be as easy as it was. Some would say she was one of the most heavily guarded vampires in the world. With an entire family of Originals under her thumb, a Strix membership and a jumpy Heretic that would wring the neck of anyone that dared harm a hair on the doppelganger's head, Rory could be considered untouchable.

But there's always a loophole to everything. When it comes to Rory, it's her nicotine addiction.

With Klaus and Hayley's split custody, Hope was passed unto the hybrid to spend a day at the compound. Rory, not wanting to pollute Hope's tiny lungs with second-hand smoke, took a step out of the Abattoir late at night to light a cigarette. She deserves it, she thinks; she's had a rough few days and she needed to clear her mind.

A syringe of potent vervain to the neck is all it took for the vampire to collapse in Aurora's arms. And so, she discards Rory's unconscious body into the back of her car, wrapped a vervain-soaked gag around her mouth and slammed the trunk shut.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned indeed.

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

Rory awakens to the feeling of razorblades travelling up her nostrils. She peels her eyes open only to see that she's enveloped by darkness. I'm in hell, is the first thought that registers in her mind. I died and I went to hell.

Her thought is only proven when the trunk of the car opens, and Aurora de Martel's smiling face is revealed to her. Every movement that Rory makes is followed by a burning under her skin. Blisters form around her mouth and bound wrists. Every time she swallows, she tastes poison.

"Hello!" Aurora cheers as she reaches into the trunk to sit Rory upright. The brunette whimpers in pain, the scent of burning flesh permeating her nose. Her burning flesh. "Oh, poor dear. I'm sure it hurts a lot, doesn't it?"

Rory's sharp eyes meet Aurora's. She slams her forehead against Aurora's, the redhead letting out a sharp yell as her nose breaks. Rory wriggles out of the trunk, falling to the ground. Rocks scrape at her skin, cutting into her flesh.

Aurora grabs Rory by the hair, tugging her upright. "That was not nice," Aurora hisses. Rory simply glares at her in response. Aurora's eyes fall on the pendant around Rory's neck, cocking her head. "Oh, look at that. A little gift from Nik, is it?" she inquires.

A muffled no! escapes Rory's lips as Aurora tugs the pendant from around her neck, dropping it to the ground. She slams the heel of her boot against it, shattering the magical necklace. Rory stares at it in horror. That's the last chance that she could possibly get out of this alive; Aurora is unpredictable and angry and Rory has no idea if anyone's even noticed she's gone.

Aurora rips the gag off Rory's mouth, letting it fall to the ground. "It's not very fun to be chatting all alone, is it?" she smiles as she starts dragging Rory into the grounds of St. Anne's Church.

"Aurora, you need to let me go," Rory pleads as Aurora drags her by the arm. She wants to run, but she hasn't fed that day and vervain is pumping through her veins and there's no doubt in her mind that Aurora would catch up to her.

"Hm, no," Aurora responds cheerfully as she pulls out a chair. She tosses Rory into it, holding her wrists in place as she starts looping vervain-soaked ropes around her arm to keep her locked in place. Rory grits her teeth at the stinging pain, squeezing her eyes shut. "I heard a rumour that men train here, hoping to be made into vampires. So, I'm going to grant them their wish."

Aurora steps aside, revealing several dead bodies. All of them had blood staining their lips—which possibly meant that Aurora had fed them her blood.

"T-They need human blood to transition. I'm a vampire," Rory stammers.

"I know!" Aurora clasps her hands together. "Which is why I've brought two humans for them to choose from," she holds her finger as a gesture for Rory to wait, disappearing into the darkened corner. A few seconds later, she reappears. Dragged by their wrists, two unconscious bodies are revealed to Rory.

Camille O'Connell and Dean Wesson.

"No," Rory's eyes widen in terror. "No, no, no! Aurora, no!"

Aurora smiles pleasantly as she drops the bodies in front of Rory. "See, one of them is your beloved therapist. Kind, sweet Camille. The other," Aurora crouches beside Dean, tracing a finger over Dean's cheek. "Oh, he's delicious—your ex-boyfriend. Finding him was a little difficult, I have to admit. His brother was a fighter."

"W-was?" Rory stammers. "What did you do with Sam?"

"Oh, he's alive. Not to worry," Aurora giggles, waving her question away. "Just a little bruised, beaten, and definitely missing a brother... but alive, nonetheless."

"What do you want with them?" Rory asks. "It's me that you want. It's me that you have a problem with; you don't have to drag them into it!"

"Well, it's much more fun this way!" Aurora clasps her hands together. "See, you've managed to gain the favour of both my ex-lover and my brother. Do you know how much that infuriates me, Rory?" Aurora takes a step forward, crouching in front of her. "Little old you. An infant. I figured, why not take two of the people you love as well?"

"I didn't ask for Tristan's favour. He was the one that recruited me," Rory bit out. "And I can't help that Klaus is in love with me. Turns out I'm just that charming."

Aurora's lips upturn into a smirk. "Hm," she responds. She cocks her head, examining Rory from head to toe. "I don't see it."

"Let. Them. Go," Rory states. "There is no point for you to keep them."

"Of course there's a point!" Aurora exclaims, standing up. She spreads her arms wide, a grin on her face. "See, any moment now, these vampires in transition will wake. They'll want to feed, and they're going to be hungry—I'm sure you, a ripper, would know exactly how that hunger feels. And when that happens... I want you to choose."

"What?" Rory questions incredulously.

"I said, I want you to choose," Aurora tilts her head. "Which one of them will die? Camille, the sweet bartender... or Dean, the man whose heart you broke?"

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

Rory can't feel her arms and legs anymore. She's been going in and out of consciousness, Aurora routinely injecting more vervain into her arms and legs to ensure that she doesn't break out of her restraints. Her head lolls to the side, her mouth feeling like she just swallowed cotton.

"Don't you like this, Rory?" Aurora inquires as she sits across her. "It's just bonding between girls, don't you think?" she smiles prettily. "Pain ensures honesty, so I'm sure this will be a thoroughly enlightening conversation."

"Please..." Rory trails off. Her tongue feels heavily. "Please just let them go."

"Please," Aurora repeats. "I bet that's a word you don't have to use often. With your long list of lovers, men and women worshipping at your altar. In my personal opinion, I think the Petrova allure is mere fantasy; an excuse for those who have fallen under the thrall of others with faces just like yours."

"I don't know what you want from me,"

"Nothing much. I want to get to know you," Aurora responds with a shrug. "I want to get to know what is it about little Rory Gilbert that inspires such admiration."

Before Rory can reply, Dean's body shifts on the ground beside Aurora. Rory attempts to straighten herself upwards, but every movement burns and she can't handle the pain.

Dean squints at Rory sitting across him. "Hey... aren't you...?" he trails off in a slightly confused manner. "... that girl. I've seen you before," he pushes himself in a sitting position, grabbing his head. "What the hell am I doing here? Where's Sam?"

"Ah, our first contestant is awake!" Aurora exclaims happily. "Hello, Dean. You might find this a little confusing, but not to worry. It'll be clear to you in a minute," Aurora pats his shoulder. "My name is Aurora de Martel. The woman sitting across from you is Rory. You may know her as your ex-girlfriend."

Dean frowns, shaking his head in confusion. "What are you talking about?" he inquires. "I don't... I don't know anybody named Rory," he responds. "And I sure as hell don't know anybody named Aurora de Martel, so you better explain what the hell is going on before I put a bullet in your head."

His hand reflexively falls to his side where his gun is usually placed, only to find that it's gone. Aurora holds it by her fingertip, a small smile on her face.

"Maybe next time, darling," she pats Dean's head. She turns to Rory. "I forgot. You compelled him to forget everything about you, didn't you?"

"What?" Dean asks again.

"Oh, don't worry. It was at your own request, I heard," Aurora pats his shoulder. "How does that make you feel, Rory? That someone could possibly loathe you to a point that they would want every bit of their memories containing you... gone." Aurora chuckles a bit. 

"Where the hell is Sam?" Dean interjects, furious.

"Oh, relax about your brother, would you?" Aurora snaps. "He's fine. You'll see him again. Of course, provided you get out of this alive."

Dean's face falls. "What?"

Cami rouses from beside him, a soft groan leaving her lips. Aurora smiles cheerfully. "Oh, look at that! Everyone is waking right on time!" Aurora cheers. "Now it's a celebration!"

"Aurora, stop," Rory pleads. "Just let them go. Please, just let them go."

"Hush up now, Rory," Aurora tuts. "You're ruining my fun."

"I don't—"

Aurora stalks towards Rory, shoving the gag soaked with vervain into Rory's mouth. Rory screams in pain as she feels the inside of her mouth burn, tears leaking from her eyes. Cami and Dean can only watch with mixes of horror and confusion, wondering what the hell is going on.

"That's enough from you," Aurora pats Rory's cheek. She turns to face Dean. "Allow me to do the honours of undoing your compulsion, shall I?"

"What compulsion?" Dean frowns, backing up in fright. "Hey, lady. You better stay the hell away from m—"

Dean's sentence is cut off as Aurora grabs him by the back of the neck, staring into his eyes. "You will remember Rory Gilbert," she says. "You will remember your relationship; you will remember falling in love with her. You will remember everything she compelled you to forget."

Dean's lips part in shock, unable to refute with Aurora's compulsion. He falls backwards as Aurora releases him, holding his head as his memories begin to return to him.

Aurora turns to face Rory, satisfaction on her face. "See, we're over 900 years apart. If it's a nine-century old vampire against a 10-year-old one... well, I think the former would win."

Rory closes her eyes as Dean hunches over the floor, gripping at his head. Two years' worth of memories all flooding back to him could definitely be considered overwhelming.

"So, whilst he recovers... let's talk to little Cami," Aurora crouches beside the blonde, placing a hand on her shoulder. "So, you've been Rory's therapist for about... just a few months, am I right?" Aurora inquires. Cami nods slowly. "What can you tell me about her?"

"I'm... I'm not allowed to disclose patient information,"

Aurora scoffs. "Cami, you're acting like I can't compel it out of you,"

"I'm on vervain," Cami responds bravely.

"Then I get to bleed it out of you," Aurora hisses. "Make your choice."

Cami's eyes flicker to Rory. The brunette nods slowly. Do what you need to do to stay alive.

"My diagnosis is... anxiety and depression," Cami starts. "She also has a history of PTSD from her near-death experience with drowning, and... and getting tortured at the hands of her close friends," Cami replies. She closes her eyes guiltily. "She experiences fear of loss and love."

"Oh, how fun!" Aurora giggles. "Well, my latest diagnosis is bipolar disorder. I imagine you're familiar with it."

"And there have been great strides in—"

"—Shut up, Cami! I prefer not to be condescended to by someone who only just got her degree," Aurora interjects snappily. "Now, tell me everything about Rory and Niklaus' relationship. And do bear in mind—I am a stickler for honesty."

Cami looks to Rory again. Rory nods.

"Rory and Klaus' relationship is... tumultuous, for lack of a better word," Cami begins. "Some would use the word unhealthy. It began with Klaus pretending to be somebody else and dating her after he discovered that she was the doppelganger needed to break his curse, but he... he began to have genuine feelings for her. After he discovered that Rory had a twin sister, he sacrificed her instead, as well as Rory's current legal guardian at the time."

"How scandalous," Aurora comments with a smile. "Go on!"

"I don't think—"

"—I said go on before I tear your throat out right here," Aurora interjects.

Cami swallows nervously. "Rory... turned herself into a vampire in order to save her aunt, but it was... it was too late. Klaus took her with him when he went to search for more werewolves to turn into hybrids. It was then discovered that Rory was a ripper, with an almost deathly affliction for blood. It was... it was history from there."

"Mm, that doesn't explain the little baby sleeping under Nik's roof," Aurora tuts.

"Rory broke up with Klaus after the loss of her brother. In an attempt to hurt her... Klaus slept with Hayley," Cami sighs.

"And then the littlest Mikaelson was born!" Aurora cheers. "What a story," Aurora claps her hands, turning to face Rory. "How did you manage to forgive him, Rory? You might just have a heart made out of pure gold!" she giggles, turning towards Dean. "Oh, you've been awfully quiet over there. Is everything alright?"

"No," Dean snaps. "I'm a hostage to a crazy lady."

"Oh, the mouth on you," Aurora strides towards him. "Now, Dean. Let's hear your side of the story now that you've got your memories back, shall we?" she inquires. "Tell Rory how you feel."

"I feel like getting the hell out of here,"

"You're not going anywhere," Aurora hisses. "Tell me how you and Rory met."

Dean met Rory's gaze. Pain is evident in his eyes, so much so that Rory has to look away.

"We met at a bar in New York," Dean exhales. "I saw her, and I thought she was the most beautiful girl I've ever seen," Dean looks down at his hands. "I gave her my number, and I didn't see her again. She didn't call... until... until a few months later. She turned my brother into a vampire on accident, and I almost killed her..." Dean trails off.

"...But you couldn't," Aurora finishes. "Because you were so in love."

"What the hell are you going to get out of this, huh?" Dean looks up at Aurora. "You get off to misery or something?"

"Tell me how you made the decision to get her to compel your memories away," Aurora ignores his question. Dean remains silent. "I said tell me, or I will drain your carotid and leave you here to die."

"...It was when she got kidnapped by Finn Mikaelson," Dean states. "When I saw her in Klaus' arms at the compound. I knew that... I knew that the second she told me she needed a break, she wasn't mine anymore. And I realised that I was really miserable, because I was still hers. And I knew that I'd always be hers. And I didn't want to belong to someone who didn't love me."

"So you'd rather just forget that person all together," Aurora smiles.

"Yeah," Dean whispers.

"Well there you have it," Aurora stands, making her way towards Rory. She pulls the gag out of her mouth. Rory immediately spits out a mouthful of blood, glaring up at Aurora. "Two people that belong to you. Which one of them will you choose to sacrifice?"

"Jealousy is very unbecoming of a woman," Rory swallows the lump in her throat. "It makes you ugly. Your problems with Klaus shouldn't extend to me because it is not my fault. Elijah was the one that compelled you to break his heart, so any problems you have should be taken up with him. And you know that. But you pick on me because you know I'm weaker than he is. You're a coward. You feed on fear and misery to make yourself feel better about the fact that the man you love doesn't love you anymore."

Aurora grips Rory's chin in her hand. "You are a vulgar little thing, aren't you?"

Rory spits in Aurora's face.

The redhead pulls her head back, fury encompassing her features. She wipes the saliva off her cheek, her jaw clenched in anger. She lunges forward, grabbing Rory by the neck.

"Cami, Dean, run!" Rory screams as Aurora shoves her backwards onto the ground, the chair breaking under their combined weights.

"You dare—" Aurora shrieks as she backhands Rory across the cheek, her nail tearing open a cut on her skin. "You think you're better just because you think Nik loves you? You're nothing!" Aurora's hands wrap around Rory's throat, cutting off her air supply. "All you are is his plaything; a distraction. He doesn't love you," Aurora hisses. "You are nothing but a replacement for me. You are nothing, Rory. Do you understand? Nothing."

A choked sound leaves Rory's lips as Aurora plunges her hand into Rory's chest cavity. Her hand wraps around her vital organ, squeezing it in her hold.

"Please..." Rory chokes out.

"Aurora!" Klaus' voice fills the gymnasium. Aurora freezes above her, her fingers loosening slightly. Rory turns to look over Aurora's shoulder, seeing the Original standing in front of her. "Let her go. Now. Stop this game."

Aurora pulls her hand out of Rory's chest, causing the doppelganger to gasp for breath. Aurora pulls her into a standing position, holding her against her chest.

"This is not a game, Nik! This is an intervention. You're in danger of losing the love of your life... me. We're finally together after so long apart, all the world before us, if we can just dodge a few minor obstacles. Like this nuisance of a prophecy, my brother's internment, the insufferable influence of Elijah..." Aurora trails off. "But what I cannot overcome is your affections for someone else. I've waited for too long to share you now. Call me jealous."

Klaus sighs, bemused.

"I remember the full extent of your jealousies. But what surprises me is that they extend to the, uh..." Klaus swallows nervously. He gestures towards Rory. "The fledging vampire. You... cannot believe she means anything to me."

"But I do believe it, Nik! I see it; the fear in your eyes," Aurora responds. "I thought you were joking, but you... you actually love her."

"You know I love you," Klaus responds, attempting to quell her anger.

Aurora smiles, sagging in relief. "I'm so glad you admitted that. I wanted Rory to hear it..." Aurora slams a fist through Rory's chest, gripping at her heart. Klaus takes a precarious step forward at her action. "...Before I rip out her heart."

"Ossox," a familiar voice rings throughout the gym. Aurora's leg gets bent in half, her bone snapping out of place. Aurora screams at the sudden pain. Kai strides into the room, yawning in a dramatic manner. With a flick of his wrist, a bone in Aurora's arm breaks. "Sorry I'm late. I was a little busy."

Rory rips herself away from Aurora's hand, staggering on her legs. She falls against Klaus' chest as Aurora writhes in agony due to a pain-infliction spell casted by Kai, shrieking in pain.

"Hi," Kai says over Aurora's body. "I'm Kai. I'm going to kill you now."

"Wait!" Rory interjects. Kai turns to face her, raising an eyebrow. "Don't... don't kill her."

"Rory—" Klaus starts.

"—She's just heartbroken, okay?" Rory wipes the blood from her mouth, exhaling quietly. "She's just hurt. It's whatever. I'm fine," Rory rubs at her slowly healing chest. "Do whatever you want with her. Just don't... don't kill her." Rory steps away from Klaus.

"I can't tell if you're being serious," Kai states.

"I am," Rory states.

"She tried to kill you," Klaus frowns.

"Yeah, well, a lot of people have tried to kill me," Rory rolls her eyes. "I'm used to it at this point. But I want her alive."

Kai and Klaus exchange glances. After a few moments, Kai shrugs. With a flick of his wrist, he snaps Aurora's neck, silencing her cries of pain.

None of them get to speak before Rory limps out of the gym, barely sparing a glance backward.

A/N: surprise! dean is back. don't worry, he won't be staying for long (for those of u who have beef with him lmao). more details in the next chapter. consider this like... a pt 1??

idk why but for some reason i imagined aurora and rory's whole setting to be like a game show and aurora as the game show host. and dean and cami just pressing buzzers to expose more about rory's personal life lol.

i hope you guys enjoyed it!

can i please get 90 comments for the next chapter?🥺

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

528K 13.8K 38
eventually, everything connects. klaus mikaelson x fem!oc the originals, season one-two 2018 | Β© heavcnlyrising
62.9K 1.9K 11
▐ π–œπ–Žπ–‘π–‰π–Šπ–˜π–™ π–‰π–—π–Šπ–†π–’π–˜, you're my heaven on earth, darling βͺ season 3-4 ❫ ...
66.1K 1.6K 67
Book 1 of 2 of the Lockwood series Kol Mikaelson x OC Season 2 - 4 (The Vampire Diaries) ©️ derekhalekolmlover