descent | πŠπ‹π€π”π’ [HIATUS]

By totheIakes

Whether you come as lover or executioner, I am ready to receive you. Β© totheiakes The Orig... More

𝐀𝐂𝐓 πŽππ„.
𝐚𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐑𝐞𝐭𝐒𝐜𝐬
𝟎𝟎
𝟎𝟏
𝟎𝟐
πŸŽπŸ‘
πŸŽπŸ’
πŸŽπŸ“
πŸŽπŸ”
πŸŽπŸ•
πŸŽπŸ–
πŸŽπŸ—
𝟏𝟎
𝟏𝟏
𝟏𝟐
πŸπŸ‘
πŸπŸ’
πŸπŸ“
πŸπŸ”
πŸπŸ•
πŸπŸ–
πŸπŸ—
𝐀𝐂𝐓 π“π–πŽ.
𝟎𝟏
𝟎𝟐
πŸŽπŸ‘
πŸŽπŸ’
πŸŽπŸ”
πŸŽπŸ•
πŸŽπŸ–
πŸŽπŸ—
𝟏𝟎
𝟏𝟏
𝟏𝟐
πŸπŸ‘
πŸπŸ’
πŸπŸ“
πŸπŸ”
πŸπŸ•
πŸπŸ–
πŸπŸ—
𝟐𝟎
𝟐𝟏
𝟐𝟐
πŸπŸ‘
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄.
𝟎𝟏
𝟎𝟐
πŸŽπŸ‘
πŸŽπŸ’
πŸŽπŸ“
πŸŽπŸ”
πŸŽπŸ•
πŸŽπŸ–
πŸŽπŸ—

πŸŽπŸ“

13.9K 651 1.5K
By totheIakes

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓
﹙ 𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒘𝒐, 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒊𝒗𝒆 ﹚
࿐ ࿔ ✧˖*°
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Rory's glad that she didn't let Damon kill Kai. Because if she did, she thinks that she'd be alone right now, suffering by herself. But instead, she's enclosed in the flashing lights of a frat party, surrounded by humans baring their necks for food. To make a good thing even better—it was a Halloween party. Rory and Kai didn't even need to hide their monstrous actions; they could wear the blood on their clothes like it was simply another costume.

"How's your night so far?" Rory inquires as she joins Kai on the couch, an unlit blunt held in her hand. The two of them retreated from the dancefloor a few moments earlier, having gotten tired of dancing.

"Pretty fun. Exactly how I pictured frat parties to be like—sweaty, disgusting and smelly," Kai responds as Rory places the blunt between her lips, lighting the end with the lighter she had in her pocket. "You and Kennedy have a good talk?"

"His name is Klaus. And, I don't know—did it look like it?" Rory exhales, letting out a puff of smoke as she leans against the cushions. She rests her head against her arm, turning to face Kai.

"Not really. He seemed pretty upset. Which is insane, because he was the one hiding such a huge secret from you," Kai murmurs as he throws one of his legs over the other.

"Is it wrong for me to doubt our relationship right now?" Rory squints at Kai, taking another hit of the blunt in her hand. "Like, he's done some pretty awful things. But I don't think he's ever cheated."

"Didn't he sleep with someone else?"

"It was after we broke up,"

"That's sad," Kai comments as he takes the blunt from Rory's hand. He looks at it experimentally, before placing it between his lips. He takes a sharp inhale and immediately coughs the smoke out, hacking uncontrollably. "Ew. Ew!"

"What do you mean ew?" Rory laughs as she pats Kai's back. "It's just weed. And you smoked it wrong."

"It's my first time; it's not like there's handbooks on how to smoke marijuana," Kai scowls at her, cheeks flushed with slight embarrassment.

"I'm honestly sure there are if you look for it online," Rory raises an eyebrow as she takes back the blunt, holding it between her fingers. "What's sad, by the way?"

"The fact that you know he slept with someone else right after you broke up and you're just okay with it," Kai wipes the edge of his nose, leaning his back against the couch. "And coincidentally, he also got the girl pregnant, and guess what? You had to play god mommy while she was off running in the woods as a bear."

"Wolf, Kai. Hayley's a werewolf. And I wasn't okay with it. I don't know why people think I was. I really wasn't, but it's not like there's a time machine that allows me to go back in time and undo it. Being angry and vengeful all the time is tiring. An unhealthy. And I'm already tired and unhealthy on my own, so,"

"They're both furry, large and deadly. It makes no difference to me," Kai leans his head backwards, turning to face Rory. "What I mean is, is that you deserve... I don't know, someone better."

Rory gnaws on her bottom lip. "You know, I'd like to think that too," she picks on the edge of her nail. "And I think... I think I did have someone that could've treated me right. But I left him," Rory exhales. "Because I was still in love with Klaus. And then he got so mad and... and hated me," Rory squints her eyes. "So much that he... he asked me to compel every single one of his memories with me away. I mean, it's not like I blame him. It still hurts, though."

"I don't know much about love. Never really felt it, anyway, so it's not like I can give you advice," Kai responds. "But I can say this; if that guy wanted to forget you, then he's a complete dumbass."

Rory scoffs. "I saved him a lifetime of hurt,"

"True. I've come to acknowledge that many people that have relationships with you tend to end up dead," Kai nods. Rory spares him a baleful glance. "But with me being the exception... knowing you is pretty great. You're fun. You know how to laugh. You're really special."

"I think that's the nicest thing you've ever said to me," Rory smiles at him.

"Really? You mean the five hundred text messages calling you the worst friend in the world wasn't nice?" Kai jokingly asks.

Rory giggles, nudging her foot out to kick his leg in a joking manner. She sighs, leaning her head against Kai's shoulder and curls up against his chest. She's getting sleepy—a normal side effect to when she smokes. Kai wraps his arm around her shoulder, tugging on the tips of her hair lightly.

Rory examines the golden ring around her finger. "I can't believe I'm a member of the Strix," she murmurs. She twists the ring, seeing the inscription of an owl staring back at her. "They look so... I don't know. They look like Elijah. All of them; so put together and proper and cool."

"I don't think Elliot is cool at all," Kai responds.

"Do you get people's names wrong on purpose?" Rory looks up at him, resting her chin against his chest. "Because I'm pretty sure you referred to Klaus and Elijah by their actual names earlier."

Kai shrugs. "Just the ones that I think aren't worth knowing. Plus, it totally adds on to my bad boy charm, doesn't it?"

"You are the opposite of a bad boy. You sleep with a teddy bear,"

"Okay, but I also murdered my entire family,"

"Damn. I keep forgetting about that,"

Kai places his finger against the tip of Rory's nose. "Exactly," he grins.

Rory pushes herself into a standing position, wobbling on her feet lightly. She holds her arm out, wriggling her fingers. "Come on, I'm tired. Blood is drying and its gross," she says. Kai takes her hand, letting her pull him into a standing position.

"Tonight was pretty successful," Kai slings an arm over Rory's shoulder as they leave the frat house without a second glance backwards.

"I'd say so," Rory wraps an arm around his midsection as they walk down the street back towards the Abattoir. "Not bad for a first party, huh?" Rory looks up at him, wiggling her eyebrows.

Kai ruffles her hair with his free hand. "Not bad at all, Ruby,"

He lets out a shout of pain as Rory's leg shoots out to kick the back of his knee, stumbling to the ground.

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

Rory wakes up already dreading the day. She managed to get home and take a shower, haphazardly throwing a large t-shirt over herself and stumbling out into the guest room to sleep on her own. This is the first time in a few months that she hadn't woke up next to her boyfriend. She already misses his presence, misses feeling his lips against her skin as soon as her eyes peel open.

She shoves her face into the pillow, letting out a loud sigh. She rubs at her eyes tiredly, pushing the covers off her legs. She makes her way out of the guestroom up to her bedroom, only to see Klaus already awake and sitting at the edge of their shared bed. He's still shirtless and wearing a pair of pyjama pants, in which Rory makes the assumption that he, too, had just woken up.

"You didn't come to bed last night," he says, breaking the silence.

Rory closes the door behind her, rubbing her face with the palm of her hand. "I didn't," she responds, nodding in acknowledgment. She makes her way towards the vanity, picking up a hairbrush to undo the tangles in her brown strands.

"Rory, allow me to explain,"

"There really isn't much to explain," Rory places the hairbrush on the table, turning to face him. "There's not much that you can tell me that Elijah hasn't already told me."

Klaus sighs. "Rory, I don't intend on starting a relationship with Aurora again. What happened between us has passed. I don't love her anymore—I love you," he stands up, striding towards her. "I don't know how much it would take for you to believe it, but I will keep telling you—and showing you—until you do."

Rory exhales, looking up at him. "Ever since I found out about Tatia..." Rory trails off, looking down at her hands. "Actually, ever since I found out I was a doppelganger, I've been struggling with who I am. I don't know... I don't know whether people actually loved me for me or if they somehow knew Katherine. Or... or Tatia. And then I find out that I share the same name as the first girl you were in love with too, I just," Rory pauses. "I don't know what to think."

"Don't think about anything that doubts my feelings for you. Rory, I would never hurt you," Klaus cups her face in his hand. "I would never want to make you doubt your trust in me."

"Why didn't you tell me about her?" Rory frowns.

"I don't..." Klaus trails off. "What happened between Aurora and I was something that took a toll on me for a very long time. I told Elijah not to speak her name in my presence, and she hasn't been mentioned ever since."

"It's a good thing you call me Rory, then," Rory responds, pulling her head away from his grip.

Klaus frowns as she walks away from him. "Rory, please—"

"—I don't want to keep talking about this," Rory interjects.

"Don't pull away. Don't shut me out,"

Rory rolls her eyes, turning to face him. "I'm not," she snaps. "I've told you how I feel. I feel like a replacement. I feel like I'm everything that encompasses your issues with women in the past: I have the face of Tatia, the name of Aurora, and I am stupidly, irrevocably in love with you."

"Rory, that's not what our relationship was about—"

"—Right. It was about you trying to sacrifice me over an altar of fire to unlock your hybrid curse,"

Klaus flinches at her harsh words. "Rory..."

"Actually, I have a question for you. Which one do I remind you of when you look at me? Katherine, Tatia, or Aurora?" Rory spits.

"None of them! I just see you—I've always just seen you!" Klaus shouts. "You are not a replacement for anyone, Rory. You are different from all of them—there is no one like you. In my thousand years of being alive, there is no one that has made me feel the way you do. I love you. I am in love with you."

"I know that!" Rory shouts back, equally as loud. "I know that you love me. I just... I'm just really fucking unsure of the reason why."

"It's not because of your face, and it isn't because of your name. It's because of you. You, Rory. Your kind heart. Everything about you. I was... I was hooked on you the moment you said hello," Klaus takes a step forward. "Please, believe me."

"I can't do that," Rory whispers, turning away from him. "I can't... I can't do that right now."

"You don't trust me?" Klaus frowns. Pure hurt shines in his eyes.

"I'm sorry," Rory tightens the grip she has on the door. "I'm sorry. I don't even trust myself right now," she takes a shaky inhale of breath. "Please don't take it the wrong way, Nik. I need time. To... to wrap my head around everything, okay? Everything is so fucking overwhelming; I feel like I'm going to burst. I can't take all of this. I'm not—" Rory's tightening grip on the door causes it to splinter, her fingers causing the wood to cave in slightly. "—I feel like my mind is running a hundred miles a second, and I don't know how to make it stop."

Klaus purses his lips. He's disappointed, that much she can tell. But she can't bring herself to feel sorry for him; she can't bring herself to feel much besides disappointment. She doesn't know for who in particular; herself, Klaus, Aurora... the fucking world. She just hates where her head is at.

Klaus looks down at his feet, exhaling. "Aurora has Rebekah," he says.

Rory looks up sharply. "What?"

Rory's heart hammers against her chest, because it's a completely different ball game now—it's Rebekah.

"Apparently Aurora swiped Rebekah from under Tristan's nose—"

Rory takes a step forward, clenching her jaw. "That fucking freak took Rebekah?" she inquires. "Why the hell isn't she five feet underground?!"

"Because Aurora refuses to give up her location. We have no idea where Rebekah could be. Rory, calm down," Klaus places a hand on her shoulder, an action that Rory immediately brushes away. Klaus sighs as Rory pulls away from him, running a hand through her hair. "...Elijah suggested that we gather information from Tristan, Aurora and Lucien. Today. Through a Thanksgiving feast."

Rory turns to face Klaus, her eyebrows raising. "You're not suggesting that I sit through an actual lunch with her—"

"—No, of course not. You're free to leave and do whatever you please. Rory, I don't want to make you uncomfortable. It's why I told you," Klaus holds his hands up in surrender. "I wanted to let you know beforehand so that if you returned, you wouldn't get surprised and confused."

Rory exhales, her shoulders falling. "Right," she presses her fingers against the bridge of her nose. She feels embarrassed all of a sudden. She felt jealous and insecure and so stupid. She hates feeling like this—she never feels like this. "I'm not... I'm not going to stay. If I have the choice. I can't—I don't want to look at her."

"That's alright," Klaus says softly. "That's alright, you don't have to," he continues. Rory nods, swallowing the lump in her throat. A moment passes before Klaus breaks the silence. "Can I touch you?" he inquires.

Rory looks up at him, crossing her arms over her chest. "Why?" she asks quietly.

"I just want..." Klaus trails off. He clears his throat. "I just want to hold you. You look... upset. And I hate knowing that I caused that."

"Klaus—"

"—It's alright if you say no," Klaus interjects.

Rory exhales in a shaky manner. "Okay," she says. "Okay, you can... you can touch me."

Klaus takes a step forward, raising his hand. The tip of his fingers trail over the skin of her arm, sending goosebumps up her spine. He starts slow, trailing his hand over Rory's shoulder and her collarbones. His fingers ghost over the side of her throat, before the palm of his hand rests over the back of her neck. Gently, he pulls her head against his chest. He presses his lips against her hair, tucking his chin against the crown of her head.

"I'm sorry," Klaus whispers. "I didn't mean... I had no idea that this was going to happen. I do love you, Rory. I can't even begin—" Klaus cuts himself off as he clenches his jaw. "I can't begin to tell you how much I care for you."

Rory can't help it. She nuzzles her face into the crook of Klaus' neck, her arms unfurling from over her chest. She wraps her arms around his mid-section, feeling tears begin to gather at her eyes. She doesn't even notice when she starts to cry, her body trembling in his grip.

"I just don't want to feel like this anymore," Rory whispers, words muffled against his skin. "I hate... I hate feeling like this. I'm lost. I don't know where to go—I don't even know who I am."

"You're Rory," Klaus says, rubbing her back gently. "You're Rory. Brilliant, beautiful Rory. You have the ability to make everyone and anyone fall in love with you. You know exactly what to say and who exactly to say it to. There is no one like you," Klaus pulls away from the hug, cupping her face in his hands. "You are an exquisite beauty with a heart of gold. I—and anyone—would be so lucky to know you. To be able to love you."

Rory wipes the tears from her cheeks, letting out a quiet laugh. "You just always know what to say, don't you?" she sniffles as she slowly takes a step back. "I appreciate it, Klaus. I do. I just need time, okay? Not everything... not everything can be solved with pretty words."

"I understand that. I just wanted to let you know," Klaus responds solemnly.

"Thank you," Rory reaches out to squeeze his hand in hers. "I... I appreciate it."

Klaus gives her a small smile. "I have to contact the caterers for lunch," he says. "I'll... I'll leave you to it."

Rory nods mutely as he leaves the bathroom. She closes the door behind him, leaning her forehead against the wood. She sucks in a deep breath, tries to hold it and calm her breathing. She squeezes her eyes shut and pretends she doesn't want to cry until there's nothing left. When her eyelids peel open, she holds back the tears and ignores the thrum of pain in her chest.

She forces a smile into the mirror, and acts like she's as happy as she tries to look.

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

She's sat at another outdoor café, participating in a rather intense game of Uno with Kai. The two of them were happy to leave before the de Martels and Lucien showed up; but not before Kai managed to snag a few bread rolls and a slice of turkey. They'd been passing the time, pointedly avoiding the Abattoir.

"Uno!" Rory cheers as she places the last card on the stack in front of them.

Kai groans, tossing his handful of cards in front of her. "You're cheating," he accuses her.

"Am not. You're just a sore loser,"

"And you're going to be just sore if you keep calling me that," Kai snaps, crossing his arms with a petulant pout on his lips. Rory giggles as she gathers up the cards in front of her, stuffing it back into the box. "So, is this what we've been reduced to? Avoiding the comfort of our own home so you don't have to see your boyfriend's ex-girlfriend?"

"You're free to go home," Rory responds, resting her elbows on the table.

"I'm not going to leave you. You're literally my only friend,"

"You have to stop pretending that Klaus and Elijah aren't your friends,"

"Kennedy and Elliot mean nothing to me," Kai deadpans, looking out at the streets of New Orleans. "Besides, it's not like they've done anything that deserved the amazing gift of my friendship. Don't you agree?"

"With the amazing gift of your friendship part? I think it's pretty subpar," Rory wraps her lips around her straw. Kai kicks her playfully, making her giggle. She tucks a hair behind her ear, squinting up at the sun. "I don't know how my life got this fucked up. I mean, it was one thing to be sacrificed over an altar of fire, but it's another to have a hex placed on you by an evil witch to try and bring back your doppelgangers and joining an elite congregation of egotistical thousand-year-old vampires."

"Oh, how time flies when you're having fun," Kai snorts.

"Hardly. I think my life's been pretty shit so far," Rory sighs, picking at her nails. "My sister's in a coma caused by one of my close friends, Jeremy's using art-school as an excuse to hide that he's hunting vampires and my entire family is still dead."

"My entire family is dead too. Granted, it was my fault, so," Kai shrugs.

"I'm just going through the motions at this point," Rory rests her chin against her knuckles. "Is it too morbid for me to say that I can't wait to die? For real this time?"

Kai frowns, turning to face her. "Why would you say that? There's no Other Side,"

"I don't know. I mean, I just want to know what it's like. To... to find peace," Rory fiddles with the ends of her hair. "Is it going to be with my family? Or is it just... dark?"

"You are so fucking depressing. Jesus Christ," Kai says, blinking at her in an incredulous manner.

Rory snorts. "That's exactly what my old therapist used to say,"

"I hate her," Kai concludes, tilting up to stare at the sun.

Rory smiles at him before she feels her phone buzz in her pocket. She sees Tristan's name flash across her screen, oddly enough. She slides to answer, pressing her phone against her ear. "Hello?"

"Ah, Rory. How wonderful it is to hear your voice," Tristan cheers from the other line.

"Aren't you supposed to be at Thanksgiving lunch with Klaus and Elijah?"

"I am, actually! But I've called you here on Strix business," Tristan responds. "Come back to the compound, would you?"

"Why?"

"You'll know when you get here,"

With that, Tristan hangs up the phone.

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚

Rory and Kai return to the compound in slight reluctance. Rory, truthfully, is surprised to see that everything is somewhat presentable—there aren't any bloodstains on the wall, nobody's crying, and it's pretty much just a normal setting. Somewhat. There's a tiny redheaded girl glaring daggers into the side of her head as Tristan stands up to greet her.

"Rory," Tristan presses his lips against her knuckles. His thumb brushes against the golden ring enclosed around her finger. Klaus tenses up in his seat as Tristan rests his hand against Rory's lower back. "I was just telling Niklaus about your recent decision to join our ranks."

Rory's eyes flicker to meet Klaus' gaze. He looks like he's swallowed a mouthful of needles. Rory hadn't exactly told him the entire story of what went down at the Strix ball; she had just came home and locked herself in her room.

"Elijah didn't seem to believe it either!" Tristan laughs, gesturing towards his sire at the head of the table. He lifts Rory's hand, exposing the ring around her finger. "She's very much involved with the Strix, Elijah. There hasn't been a reason for me to fib. And I protect my members," Tristan twists a ringlet of Rory's hair around his finger. "Unless they cross me, of course."

"Why did you call me here?" Rory asks, stepping out of Tristan's grip.

"Well, it's no mystery that you were involved with Rebekah," Tristan chuckles as his gaze travels to Klaus' in a patronising fashion. "And I was told you were very displeased with my sister's decision in taking her away... so I wanted to assure you that no harm will come to Rebekah," Tristan takes a step forward. "You have my word."

"Yes. And I'm sure your word means plenty," Klaus interjects. He stands up, striding towards Tristan, carefully slipping himself between him and Rory. He narrows his eyes. "I'm keeping you and your sister alive for one thing and one thing only: Rebekah's location. I would suggest you not push it. Mate."

Tristan has to stare up at Klaus, who towers over him. Kai noisily slurps his cup of coffee across the room.

Tristan, in the end, is the one that steps down first. He chuckles. "Of course," he presses his hand against his chest in an apologetic manner.

Klaus, annoyed beyond belief, takes a step forward and snaps Tristan's neck. Aurora stands up in rage at Klaus' actions, her jaw slackened. "Nik!" she exclaims. "You betray me after all your promises of love?"

"Promises made nine centuries ago, Aurora. I have told you—repeatedly—that I simply do not return your affections," Klaus snaps in an irritable fashion. "Now, the only promise I make you is the promise of severing your brother's head from his neck lest you don't give me Rebekah's location. It's only fair—a sibling for a sibling."

Aurora's face turns as red as her hair. "You..." she sputters. Her emerald eyes shine with fury as she turns to stare at Rory. "You would choose her? Over me?" she shrieks hysterically.

"I believe so," Kai chimes in unhelpfully from the couch.

Aurora stares at the couple. Rory can practically see the steam blowing out of her ears. "You will regret this," Aurora hisses angrily, turning on her heel to storm away.

She, of course, doesn't miss the opportunity to rip the dining cloth off the table and onto the floor, bringing along the Thanksgiving feast along with it.

A/N: hey! sorry for the late update; i just started money heist and i was way too invested lol.

i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! there's more kairy in it than anything, but i just adore these two sm!

can i please have 90 comments for my next update?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9K 418 14
𝑺𝑷𝑬𝑳𝑳𝑩𝑢𝑼𝑡𝑫 𝐴𝑛𝑑 π‘‘β„Žπ‘’π‘Ÿπ‘’'𝑠 π‘›π‘œ π‘€π‘Žπ‘¦ π‘‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘‘ 𝐼'𝑙𝑙 𝑒𝑛𝑑 𝑒𝑝 𝑏𝑒𝑖𝑛𝑔 π‘€π‘–π‘‘β„Ž π‘¦π‘œπ‘’ 𝑏𝑒𝑑 π‘“π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘’π‘›π‘‘π‘  π‘‘π‘œπ‘›'𝑑 π‘™π‘œπ‘œπ‘˜ οΏ½...
177K 4.8K 46
"ᴬᡗ ᡗʰᡉ α΅‰βΏα΅ˆ α΅’αΆ  ᡗʰᡉ Λ’α΅—α΅’Κ³ΚΈ ᡗʰᡉ ᡇᡒᡗʰ α΅’αΆ  ᡘ˒ ʷᡉʳᡉ ˒ᡗⁱˑˑ αΆœα΅˜Κ³Λ’α΅‰α΅ˆ" Oc x Elijah Mikaelson
66.3K 1.6K 67
Book 1 of 2 of the Lockwood series Kol Mikaelson x OC Season 2 - 4 (The Vampire Diaries) ©️ derekhalekolmlover