DC Legends of Tomorrow: The G...

By sparkle123tt

Everyone's favorite Glitch is back for book 2. With the Time masters now destroyed it is up to the legends to... More

The Intros
Ch 2: Secrets and Sides
Ch 3: Time to Scatter
Ch 4: If you seek Clarity
Ch 5: The JSA
Ch 6: Stowaway's and Cast-Off's
Ch 7: Wrath of Raiju
Ch 8: Flickers
Ch 8: Say Sayonara (The Real one this time)
Ch 9: Zombination pt 1
Ch 10: Zombination Pt 2
Ch 11: Compromised
Ch 12: Back to the West pt 1
Ch 13: Back to the West pt 2
Ch 14: Invasion Pt 1
Ch 15: Invasion pt 2
Ch 16: Invasion pt 3
Ch 17: Clarity's Missing Hours
Ch 18: Better Left Unknown
Ch 19: Ignorance isn't Bliss
Ch 20: Beyond Absolution
Ch 21: Can't Catch a Break
Ch 22: Scatter-Brained
Ch 23: A decision must be made
Ch 23: Too Close for comfort (the real one this time)
Ch 24: Dedooming the Legion
Ch 25: The Lady of the Lake
Ch 26: Christmas Surprise
Ch 27: Mind infiltration
Ch 28: Love you to the Moon and Back
Ch 29: Stuck Between Sisters
Ch 30: Love is Doomed pt 1
Ch 31: Love is Doomed Pt 2
Ch 32: Love is Doomed pt 3
The Third Book

Ch 1: French Mistakes

2.7K 96 183
By sparkle123tt

"I look like an idiot." Mick complained, Todd and Snart standing on his right, Stein and Rip on his left. All five men in the accurate musketeer get up of the time period. Stein and Snart in blue, Rip and Mick in brown, and Todd in a striking black.

"I rather like the style of le Mousquetaires de la garde." Martin admitted.

"You would." Mick grunted, the professor might be used to wearing blouses all the time but Mick wasn't and he wanted out of the old timey dress shirt as soon as possible.

"Wouldn't be so bad if we all didn't have to have feathers in our damned hats." Snart complained, as he swatted his clearly defective  ice blue feather out of his eyes for the-he didn't even know what time anymore. The feather having been giving him problems all day long, getting in his eyes and tickling his nose. He'd even tried to freeze it in place with his cold gun back on the ship earlier, but that just made his hat soggy by noon, and now the former villain was not in the mood to deal with it anymore.

Todd chuckled, "You know if you hadn't let Flick pick the floofiest feather to put in it then maybe-"

"Can we concentrate, please?" Rip cut in, really not giving a damn about any of their wardrobe problems. "King Louis XIII is scheduled to meet an untimely end at the hand of Cardinal Richelieu's men at any moment." Rip reminded annoyed that still after a whole year of first recruiting these people, they still couldn't complete a task without monumentally screwing it up. Rip hoped that today would be an exception. That hope unfortunately had started to dwindle.

"Roger that. I have eyes on the King." Ray announced over the coms as he flew into the King's bedroom as small as a fly.

"Whatever you do, do not let him out of your sight." Rip warned him, answering back in reply.

"But if today's when he's supposed to... You know, with the queen, I..." Ray trailed uncomfortable with the idea of watching two people have sex.

"Raymond, without that consummation there will be no Louis coutures, no Sun King, and no golden age of France." Stein reminded him.

"Which means by extension no Madame Curie, no Louis Pasteur." Rip continued as if Ray needed a bit more incentive.

"And Science'll take a pretty big hit." Snart added on as if Ray didn't know how high the stakes were.

"The discoveries that were made may be lost forever never to be seen again." Todd leaned on the edge of the wall in front of them with a sigh. Waiting sure was boring, but unfortunately with Rip right beside them, him and Snart couldn't sneak off to have some fun. Not without a damn good excuse none of which Todd could think of right now.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, I get it, history will be totally screwed," Ray replied, perturbed that half the team was ganging up on him. "But I don't have to be there for the actual... you know, consummation, do I?"

"You might." Todd told him. "Depends on when these assassin's show up."

"Speaking of assassins anyone heard from, Sara? She hasn't checked in, in a while." Snart drawled spinning around on his heel as he heard the sound of hurried footsteps behind them. Snart smirked, nudging Todd to look behind him as well. The smoke hero turned, a single eyebrow raising as they watched two cloaked figures dashing across the grass behind them. Their upper halves were concealed by jet black cloaks, but it was clear from both, the sneakers with the white soles, and the sparkly blue boots, peaking out underneath the draped edge that it was Jax and Clarity.

"Sara..." Rip spoke into his com, "I need to know that the Queen is secure."

"They didn't..." Todd trailed off into a laugh, squinting into the distance.

"Oh they did." Snart confirmed, swatting his feather out of his eyes watching Clarity and Jax disappear from view. It was obvious from the choice in footwear that they'd snuck back to the ship to change their clothes. Snart had half a mind to tell Rip what the two had done. Why should he have to wear this damned hat if they didn't? But Leonard Snart was no snitch so he decided to keep it between Todd and himself.

"Meantime, I believe I've identified our assassins," Stein gazed at the numerous cloaked figures gathering, "and I'd wager those aren't just swords on their hips."

"Ah, yes, that would explain the aberration." Rip squinted into the distance.

"To think I thought they were all just happy to see us." Todd grinned.

"They won't be for long." Snart replied already pulling out his sword getting ready for the fight he knew was about to happen.

"Sneaking back to the ship was probably like your best plan ever. Couldn't stand wearing that servant hat anymore." Jax told Clarity as they entered the house together. Jax, holding the door open for her to walk through, shutting it behind them.

"That hat wasn't doing you any favors." Clarity laughed in agreement, eyes cast to the hilt of her sword as she weaved some blue flowers she'd picked from outside around the handle. Fingers guiding the stems and leaves where she wanted them to ravel together. Once she was done she looked at Jax, who still had his hood up. Clarity's having fallen off her head in their rush to get back to their posts before Rip noticed they'd gone. A few stray flowers still clutched in her free hand along with her sparkly feathered hat.

"Alright, well," Jax shook his head, "I'll take down here. You can go upstairs since Sara's up there."

Clarity's face contorted into one of confusion. "What does Sara have to do with me going upstairs?"

Jax didn't answer her question though, merely running off down the hall to hide in a room. Fully prepared to take down anyone who came through the back door. Clarity sighed, trailing off into a smile.

"Oh well, doesn't matter." She whispered to herself shaking off her cloak, the sea of black fabric pooling to the floor in one fluid motion. Clarity putting on her hat, hopping up each and every stair til she reached the top, admiring the way her boots and knee length skirt sparkled and shimmered in the sunlight.

Clarity's abnormal blue eyes glowed through her contacts as she skipped down a hall in the chateau. The few extra blue flowers that she still had in her grasp plopping down into an empty vase as she moved past it. She paused, looking ahead of her as she heard a door creak open.

"...knock." The king said eyes wide completely stunned as he saw not his wife, but an assassin pointing a gun at his face. Ray flew out of the room, Clarity almost mistaking him for one of her sparks, until he knocked the assassin down.

"Sorry to spoil the mood." Ray apologized, flying out of the room heading down the hall to take care of the assassins. There were three assassins coming up from the stairs and two more coming down the hall. Ray'd never make it back in time which meant this was her chance!

"Don't worry your majesty!" Clarity called as she raced down the hall, twirling in front of the frantic king, her skirt billowing around her glittering all the while, blocking an assassins sword with her own. She discreetly glitched all of their laser guns into the pond outside with her free hand as she held it out back towards the king. A silent signal to stay behind her. "You're safe with me."

"Is there a place you and the other women are hiding?" The king asked urgently hands clasped and shaking in fear. "Take me to it at once naked girl and I shall reward you with proper fitting clothes to cover yourself. My wife will see to it personally."

"What? No," Clarity shook her head. Knocking the first assassin back. He rolled down the stairs but quickly stood up recovering near the middle landing. "I'm not hiding, and I love my clothes. You're safe..." Clarity trailed, kicking the two other musketeers down to the landing with the first.

"Because I am a musketeer!" Clarity exclaimed positively beaming pointing her sword high into the air towards the assassins a single spark shining on the swords tip.

"En Guarde!" She flipped landing on the banister, sliding down the rail keeping slightly ahead of the king sword fighting assassins as she went. Maybe using her powers as a little cheat to stay balanced and not fall. The top of the railing may be wood, but the metal siding holding it together was more than enough to help her stay in place with a little magnetism. The sparking tip of Claritys sword lighting each and every candle on the wall as she fought the assassins back from the fleeing king.

"Saved by a woman! This is madness!" The king exclaimed in terror as he raced down the stairs screaming in terror only to be body tackled to the ground by Mick Rory to avoid getting laser blasted as Jax took an assassin out.

"Where the hell is Sara?" Mick demanded, into the coms.

"She hasn't checked in!" Todd replied as he lunged at an assassin knocking him off a high wall, kicking a second to the ground his gun firing as he dropped it hitting the third Todd was about to take down. Todd straightened catching his breath finger on his com to talk more clearly. "Haven't heard from her in a while."

"Well, someone's got to make sure the Queen is secure." And it certainly wasn't about to be him. Snart having much more important things to do, such as pickpocketing cash and jewels from both fallen musketeers and assassins alike while Rip was busy running for his life from a single gunman.

"I'll check!" Clarity glitched upstairs making the king go white as a sheet. Clarity poked her head into the queens room, quite literally as she glitched her head through the closed door, and her eyes widened practically bulging out of her head as she saw Sara flip the queen over onto her back, both their hands clasped, fingers linked together. The assassin sharing a sensual kiss with the royal woman. Lightning buzzed to life on Clarity's cheeks, crackling with a ferocity the Glitch couldn't push down. Her mouth dropped slightly open, but no noise came out save for the tiniest of squeaks as she pulled back from the door.

"Clarity, status on the Queen and Miss Lance?" Rip's voice sounded in her ear from the com. "How are things up there?"

"U-uh,"Lightning permanently crackled in Clarity's cheeks as she blushed, a finger shakily tapping at her com. "I-u-um Sara's i-in her, o-on her," Clarity stammered shutting her eyes, shaking her head, sword hilt tapping against her forehead lifting her hat up and down, struggling to clear her flustered thoughts.

"Come again?" Rip struggled to make out what the Glitch had said as his sword clashed with that of an assassins. "Clarity, your powers are interfering with the coms."

"S-Sorry, uh," Clarity cleared her throat taking one last look at the now closed bedroom door, fumbling around with her sword that almost went flying from her frenzied grip buzzing with lightning. "Sara's ... Sara's on top of her-It!" Clarity rushed to correct herself. "Sara's o-on top of it. Mhm, Sara's on top of her err everything."

"Sure she is." Snart smirked, plucking a nice silver bracelet off a fallen assassin to give to his boyfriend later. Clarity not having gotten like this since she caught him and Todd going at in the wheat grass.

"Everyone back to the ship!" Rip yelled over the coms.

"That's easier said than done." Jax replied, getting thrown back through a glass door. The shattering sound alerting Clarity that he was in trouble. Jax fought the assassin getting his dagger away only for the guy to pull out a laser blaster. Clarity glitched in front of Jax just in time to absorb the blast so it didn't hit him as he ran away towards the roofs edge leaving Clarity to take the assassin down.

"Gray, meet me on the north side of the house!" Jax told his other half.

"It's actually a chateau." Stein corrected. "What's your plan?"

"You'll see!" Jax replied, leaping off the roof.

"Oh, you've got to be kidding." Stein complained reaching his hands up to meet Jax's our stretched hands, the teen having leapt off the roof into a swan dive.

"Oh, bloody hell." Rip complained, as he spotted not only firestorm and the Atom flying proudly through the sky blasting assassin's, but Clarity glitching out of the house appearing in a blur of pixeling circles, triangles and squares. Clarity walking towards him. She most certainly was not wearing the era appropriate serving girl dress that they had started this mission in and lightning was clearing buzzing across her sword in thin wispy waves. Her sparkly clothes glittering all the more because of it.

"That was the last assassin." Ray announced as he touched down onto the bridge. Rip spun around looking away from Clarity to face Ray.

"What did we say about using powers and future tech, Dr. Palmer?" Rip asked him.

"Well, yeah, but they started it." Ray said defensively. "Clarity'll back me up."

"It's true," She chimed, "They shot first. I felt all their futurey laser gun fire."

"Of course you did." Rip sighed as Mick exited the mansion, Snart and Todd walking over as well. "Mr. Snart, Mr. Rice, Mr. Rory, anything to add?"

"Don't look at me. I left my gun on the ship like a good little Boy Scout." Mick replied stepping over a fallen assassin.

"My boyfriend and I played by the rules this time." Snart held up a finger daring Rip to try scolding him or Todd this mission.

"What's going on?" The king pleaded searching for an explanation. "Who are you people?"

"I believe the Queen is waiting for you in her bedroom." Sara rushed out clutching the front of her dress curtsying before the king.

"And I'll bet she's all warmed up for you." Jax nodded earning a sharp look from Rip. Clarity blushing lightly toeing the ground, a lock of her brown hair curling around her finger.

"Shut your mouth, Jax, or I'll cut your eyes out and feed 'em to you." Sara warned him.

"I believe our work here is done." Rip said, the regret and disappointment clear in his tone already. Leading the way back to the ship, the rest of the team following behind him.

"All of the assassins work anyways." Snart looked at Sara who death glared him.

"I'll stab you." She warned.

"Please don't." Todd told her. "He's sorry."

"He's not," Snart protested, "but...sorry."

"Remember!" Clarity called back to the king. "Girls can be musketeers too! And blue is a great color for all the uniforms!"

"Ah, That reminds me." Rip spun on his heel flashing the king in the face. "Your Queen is waiting for you in her chambers best not keep her waiting."

"Rip! How's he supposed to remember now?" Clarity protested.

"Al contraire Miss Springs, he's not supposed to." Rip replied as the team boarded the ship.

"Hey Giddy! We're back. Take us to the time stream please?" Clarity asked the Ai.

"But of course Creator." Gideon answered her. "I trust everything went well?"

"It was amazing! You should've seen me Gid!" Clarity gushed as she did another twirl. Some skirts were just made for the spinning motion and this dress was one of them. The action was quite addicting. "I was all en guarde!" She made a jousting motion. "And the king was like ahh!" Clarity jumped back hands resting against her cheeks. "And the assassins were all we cannot be identified by our tacky low thread count cloaks and terribly groomed facial hair, grr fear our fancy guns, the red killy light's match your blood, but joke was on them cause those don't even work on this musketeer." Clarity pointed to herself all the lights on the ship brightening.

"That's unfortunate for them." Todd laughed at her recount of her fight.

"Put another successful mission down in the books." Ray told the Ai. "Where are we off to next?"

"Better be somewhere where there won't be any feather hats." Snart blasted his hat with his gun and smashed the object to the ground.

"Was that necessary?" Sara asked.

"No, but it felt good." Snart replied.

"Gideon, Clarity and I have calculated a 96% likelihood of another aberration in Bhopal, 1912." Stein announced.

"1912? More scratchy clothes." Todd sighed.

"Why can't it be Aruba, 2016?" Mick complained.

"Oh, Aruba sounds beautiful. How about a week long vacation? Maybe 2?" Clarity suggested.

"For real." Jax agreed. "We've been going non-stop for the past six months."

"Nobody wants to address the fact that Cardinal Richelieu's men were armed with laser guns?" Sara spoke up as they walked into the renovated bridge. The new circular console making it look even more like a Tardis. All the chairs having been moved up front to the window for a more team oriented set up.

"We brought swords to a gun fight." Todd added. "Seems poorly thought out."

"Would've brought mine if I'd known. Not fair they got to have future tech." Snart replied.

"Clearly provided to them by a time pirate or some-such." Stein theorized.

"Ah, Grey's right." Jax agreed. "We need to find out who so..."

"You can get another chance of destroying the very history that you're supposed to be protecting?" Rip demanded, taking off his hat throwing it to the side Clarity catching it placing it on the consoles edge. Besides her own Rips hat had been the nicest and it did not deserve to be roughly cast away no matter the mood he was in.

"Ah, I knew I forgot something..." Ray smiled,
"The part where Rip tells us everything that we did wrong."

"As in seducing the Queen of France just before she's supposed to conceive the country's greatest hope for the future?" Rip challenged looking to Sara.

'Sorry' Clarity mouthed to her with a wince.

"She seduced me." Sara defensively replied signaling to Clarity that it was alright. Though Sara didn't really know what she was apologizing for.

"All wrong, as in violating our policy of not using super powers in front of people?" Rip looked to Jax, Ray and Clarity.

"They had laser guns." Jax replied like it was obvious they should have.

"Which they used!" Snart pointed a finger at Rip. "Wild West exception, they used future tech first we counter with our own. Why was I not glitched my gun this time?"

"You didn't say you wanted it." Clarity replied.

"All wrong, as in disregarding our need to blend into the times, going against the temporally indigenous fashion of the period?" Rip glared at Clarity.

"I improved what was already there." Clarity replied with a smile gesturing to her dress. "Cmon, tell me this dress isn't amazing. It's Gideon and mine's best work yet I think."

"Makes you look like a damned Barbie." Mick grunted. His sister having loved those dolls. Their hair always perfect for setting ablaze with a match.

"Thank you." Clarity smiled genuinely taking that as a compliment rather than an insult before turning back to the captain. "Rip, it's not like I walked around in jeans and a t shirt."

"That isn't the point, Clarity!" Rip exclaimed, exasperated by this whole team. "You can't just run around 17th century France covered in glitter."

"At least I didn't screw up this time." Mick shrugged.

"Neither did I." Snart smirked in pride.

"Ahem." Rip walked over to both pulling a shining silver bracelet out of Snart's pocket and a gold chain necklace out of Mick's shirt.

"Stealing's not screwing up." Mick protested.

"Neither is free gift shopping." Snart grabbed the bracelet back as Rip stormed off.

"Guess we can all finally change now." Todd sighed.

"I almost don't even want to." Clarity admitted, doing one final twirl before it was time to change again.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
And Thus Dc's Legends of Tomorrow: The Glitch: Glitching to Save Time (Glitch 2 for short) officially begins!! Sorry this chapter is a little shorter than usual, especially compared to the last couple Glitch chapters, but those were getting pretty insane. I know it's only 3,000+ words, but I figure a 3,000-5,000 word chapter ratio is pretty good yeah? I think it'll be more manageable for me anyways. Here are a bunch of questions for you to answer! I love you all so much, and I really love hearing your guys's opinions. Don't be afraid to comment, I know it can be intimidating at times, especially if you're shy, believe me I know. I'm pretty shy myself, there's nothing wrong with being shy, so if you'd feel more comfortable pming the question answers to me that's perfectly okay to do. But no matter how early or late you are, whether I posted this chapter 5 minutes or five months ago, whether you're a new reader or an old reader, I value you. You matter, your voice, what you think, even if your not exactly sure how to say what you want to say, that matters. How you feel matters. I want to know. So please, answer away my dear glitchers.

1. So, what did you think of this chapter?

2. How did this chapter make you feel?

3. Are you enjoying the obsidian cold content? If so tell me what you like. If not tell me what you don't. Be honest.

4. I know it's only the first chapter of the second book but who are you shipping Clarity with and why? Why should Clarity be with the specific character your shipping her with? Give me some reasons!! I want to know why guys!

5. How do you think Clarity'll react to meeting Nate?

6. If Clarity was a mythical creature what would she be and why?

7. What did you think of Claritys outfit? Be honest.

8. If I wrote an original fantasy story where Clarity was the main character would you read it?

9. What season 2 episode are you most excited to see Clarity in?

10. What's your favorite Clarity moment that happened in this chapter?

11. What day or days (depends on how things go, no promises) of the week would you like me to update Glitch 2 on?

12. Is there anything you'd like to see more or less of in this story moving further?

13. Whose your Clarity brotp and why?

14. What song do you think describes Clarity?

15. What makes you like my writing so much? Or maybe you hate my writing who knows, though if you do I'm not sure why you've come to the sequel story haha. Genuinely curious peoples.

16. What was your favorite chapter from book 1?

17. Legends all seasons + Clarity. Kiss, Marry, Kill, Go!

18. How would you describe Clarity?

19. Are there any questions your sick of seeing or think I should be asking?

20.Anything else you'd like to ask, Rant and or tell me!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54K 716 19
This story takes place after Sophie has defeated the Neverseen and before the elite levels. They have also never met Lihn and Tam. Sophie has defeat...
247K 6.6K 45
Clarity spring was your average nerdy 22 year old girl. Well at least she was before a crazy scientist named Doctor Wells decided to turn on a partic...
5K 159 18
When Sara was in highschool she was best friends with Julia. They were unseparable all through freshmen, sophomore and junior year. But one day, in t...
3.7K 187 27
My name is Sara Lance. After helping to reboot the universe, I found myself thrust into a strange new world and like before, I've been many different...